Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Asians looking younger than their age

No, it has to do with the composition of the skin. Asian has more collagen in our skin, thus, more elasticity. White people's skin is thinner than ours. On the bad side, we get those age spots when we age. Asians spend tons of money on whitening cream, while Westerners spend their money on wrinkle reducer cream.

Has anyone ever heard of the expression "Black don't crack"? This is because black people tend to look younger than their age too, but not as young as Asians.

I think it has to do with diet. Asians eat a lot healthier (in general) than people from other cultures.
    *-._.-*-._.-* carpe diem *-._.-*-._.-*
    www.the-exalted-rambles.blogspot.com

ha yep. my mum has lots of whitening cream! i dunno. honestly i can pass for older and younger whenever i feel like it, dunno how. but usually if i wanna pass as a 12 year old i can easily do that. if i wanted to pass for a 20 year old. a quick fix with makeup( usually just eyeliner and mascara) and VOILA.....i can pass for 18...
    Yin
    AKA total utter camera *****
    I like Men in tuxes

possibly, i knew i was often mistaken for a highshooler when i was in uni.

gosh. i do agree with lots of u here where (maybe) asians looked younger compared to westerners. i'm in my early 20s and yet ppl still look at me like i'm in my teens. this makes life tough... any way that i can look like an adult??

Asians who are in the mid 30s look like they're in their mid 20s. Caucasians who are in the mid 30s look like they're in their mid 40s.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundam-Freedom
    Eatting healthy will look younger and live longer!!!!! White and Black usally eat all junk[burgers, fries, candy, subway etc] food where-as Asian eat bit of everything so we're healthier
    You're only thinking about Americans. What about Europeans? They don't eat nearly as much junk food as North Americans.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Yeah, people always mistake me for being barely legal.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Hnnn... The relatives on my dad's side age very well.
    My cousin is actually 26, but looks like she's 15 and sometimes people mistake her for being 14! That's half her age!! A police officer once stopped her when she was driving to make sure, and he guessed that she was 14. I was laughing a lot.
    And my Jie Nat... She's 22, but looks like she's 16.
    I am always being mistaken for someone who's still 12. Hnn... People still mistake me for a 12 year old. It's really frustrating when you're going to movies or somewhere.

I guess people would call it a blessing, but it's annoying sometimes though.
    Last edited by Da Bao; 12-25-06 at 02:22 AM.
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Here's a tip: if you stop using ... everywhere in your sentences, people will think that you're 14 or 15.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Take a look at Hollywood stars. They look really old for their age. Perhaps it's their skin.

Some people said to me my mother is my sister!!That's unbelivable...I don't like this,but she looks really young^^

i've noticed that too. it seems like Asians age a lot slower than ppl of other races! i'm 16 but i kinda look like a 10 year old..
    currently watching: None. Too busy to watch TV!

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

haha kinda true, i got mistaken for a 15 year old and i'm like 18 going 19 haha. I think it's genetic but sometimes it can be the amount of stress you have, the happier you are the younger you'll look, i think

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    Here's a tip: if you stop using ... everywhere in your sentences, people will think that you're 14 or 15.
    Urm... I am around that age. I like to use the "...", but I'll try not to, it's mainly out of habit. And because I sometimes talk with those pauses inbetween....

I find it really interesting that my cousins or aunts are sometimes mistaken to be my siblings. It's funny.
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Not all.

when i was 11 years old, i went to china... and i was getting some shoes. I got a very mature pair of boots, and my mums like 'No need to get something so mature for a 11 year-old.' and the saleswoman turned around and said 'Omigosh ur 11? i thought u were around 18-20!'
    note that i was only 150cm tall when i was 11.... but maybe its just because i didnt grow up there? i dunno. but my parents did. so maybe just the woman was crazy!
    and then wen i was 12, i was already 160cm... my mum said that was pretty tall for an asian whoz 12... so maybe my height changed me?
    Last edited by girllikeme; 12-22-06 at 10:08 PM.
    Sometimes it's hard to love someone because you're so afraid of losing them.

Those mexican ladies I work with said I look like 18-20 years old . I'm already 26 .

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

The reason Asian women look younger than other races because Asian women do not have T&A. The majority of Asian women are undeveloped in these departments. While Western & Latin American women have curve, T&A that make them look more mature.

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia
    The reason Asian women look younger than other races because Asian women do not have T&A. The majority of Asian women are undeveloped in these departments. While Western & Latin American women have curve, T&A that make them look more mature.
    T & a??????
    Sometimes it's hard to love someone because you're so afraid of losing them.

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia
    but aren't we talking face-wise here?
    Quote Originally Posted by girllikeme
    T & a??????
    she meant tits n ***
    R.I.P
    DiDi <3
    10.02.05 ;[

don't ****ing piss me off or i'll jam my cigg into ur eye