Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many hours do you spend watching TVB series per week

Default How many hours do you spend watching TVB series per week

I am curious to know how much time do you all spend watching TVB series. I try to have a healthy interest doing other things but I do spend a lot of hours myself. Will disclose once I get some replies!!!!
    As I can gather from the forum, people seems to get hold of new seires very quickly and watch them at a ferocious speed. Hats off. Once I start, I want to know the end which keeps me watching non stop till the last episode.

Hmm..usually I don't get to rent TVB series because where I live, the rental store's far away and the prices are expensive. Because of this, I catch series on satellite, so it's approximately 10 hrs a week (2 hrs because there's an episode per series shown per weekday). But I rent series when I go down to Toronto and usually then it's a lot more hours. I watch on average 2 series a week.
    I'm watching: War & Destiny, Yummy Yummy

Want to watch: The Conquest, ASITP & EH (again)

Recently watched: LOCH'82, Strike at Heart, Central Affairs, The Academy

Quote Originally Posted by joaniemaloney
    Hmm..usually I don't get to rent TVB series because where I live, the rental store's far away and the prices are expensive. Because of this, I catch series on satellite, so it's approximately 10 hrs a week (2 hrs because there's an episode per series shown per weekday). But I rent series when I go down to Toronto and usually then it's a lot more hours. I watch on average 2 series a week.
    i dl them but my mom rents them...we live in toronto n how much do u pay for it??? is it around $1.00 - $2.00 ??

n it depends cuz sum times i watch it 3 hrs a day n sum times i dont watch it at all...like for a month

Quote Originally Posted by mini_mouse
    i dl them but my mom rents them...we live in toronto n how much do u pay for it??? is it around $1.00 - $2.00 ??

n it depends cuz sum times i watch it 3 hrs a day n sum times i dont watch it at all...like for a month
    I used to rent series all the time because I used to live in Toronto. I get them for $1 there, but over here it's $2 for each tape, and the store adds tax on it too. So yeah. Totally not worth it, and it's pretty far away. There's a lot of series that I want to get on DVD so I can watch over and over again.

I used to rent series all the time because I used to live in Toronto. I get them for $1 there, but over here it's $2 for each tape, and the store adds tax on it too. So yeah. Totally not worth it, and it's pretty far away. There's a lot of series that I want to get on DVD so I can watch over and over again.
    really...tax? 15%? i use to go to this place to rent tape n it was only like 60 cents but da guy ran away so i have to go sum where else n now, i have to pay 40 cents more

really...tax? 15%? i use to go to this place to rent tape n it was only like 60 cents but da guy ran away so i have to go sum where else n now, i have to pay 40 cents more
    I know. I was so surprised 'cause I thought I finally found a place. My mom couldn't believe it either. So we never went there again, lol. I've rented series for so long and no place charged tax.

I know. I was so surprised 'cause I thought I finally found a place. My mom couldn't believe it either. So we never went there again, lol. I've rented series for so long and no place charged tax.
    i know...i NEVER paid tax

i know...i NEVER paid tax
    Exactly! It was so odd because $2 is expensive already.

I subscribed to the Jadeworld satellite channels, I usually Tivoed them on weekdays and watch it on weekends. So, I will spend 6-8 hours on weekends to catch up.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

Exactly! It was so odd because $2 is expensive already.
    hehe...they rip u off at ur place but not mine

Smile

Rental is much more cheaper plus they had the latest series and they're not even out in stores yet. But, one bad point is they have a certain time frame in which they control you. Usually for a 20 episodes i take 2 to 3 days or 30 episodes i will take 3 to 5 days. Coz i'm working on shift so the timing is quite odd. Butta if i'm not working i guess one day i could watch around 10 to 12 episodes?
    Alec Vicki, Raymond Michelle, Bosco Myolie

*Currently watching*
    Fantasy Hotel
    Life Made Simple
    Gentle Crackdown

Quote Originally Posted by xiaoshan
    Rental is much more cheaper plus they had the latest series and they're not even out in stores yet. But, one bad point is they have a certain time frame in which they control you. Usually for a 20 episodes i take 2 to 3 days or 30 episodes i will take 3 to 5 days. Coz i'm working on shift so the timing is quite odd. Butta if i'm not working i guess one day i could watch around 10 to 12 episodes?
    Hmm ..Youre lucky as in UK its very expensive to rent and can only do this through mail order and hence its extra for mailing cost. You have to rent for quite a few ep to get your worth's cost for the mail order. Plus you have a limited time to watch and return to them!! Hence it's watching them into early hours of the morning to get through them!!
    That's why I am curious to know how you guys do it. I do tape the ones which are airing over here on TV(subscribe for chinese channel) and watch them over w/ends. However we are at least 1-2 years behind. They are just started airing The Last Breakthrough!!

I'd usually spend about 10 hours total watching a TVB series per week.

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

Used 2 spend about 4 + hrs aday on TVB, espcailly when there is no home work lol....but recently I spend 1½ hrs on TVB....watch others then TVB u know!!!

Used 2 watch it on video rental but VHS is so crap so dl it anyway i chuck out my VHS player cos it broken ......only DVD player in house now lol

TommyH
    Unregistered

I spend 3085 hours a week watching TVB series. Dude...who knows? Sometimes more, sometimes less. During some weeks when I have a lot of homework I don't even watch TV!

Quote Originally Posted by Gundam-Freedom
    Used 2 spend about 4 + hrs aday on TVB, espcailly when there is no home work lol....but recently I spend 1½ hrs on TVB....watch others then TVB u know!!!

Used 2 watch it on video rental but VHS is so crap so dl it anyway i chuck out my VHS player cos it broken ......only DVD player in house now lol
    same here...now, im spendin less than before cuz i use to spend like 5 hrs...now, i spend like only 2 hrs cuz im addicted to korean series n shows!!! XD

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    I spend 3085 hours a week watching TVB series. Dude...who knows? Sometimes more, sometimes less. During some weeks when I have a lot of homework I don't even watch TV!
    theyres more than 3085 hrs in a week lol?
    im different...even when i have lots of hw, i still spend my time watchin da series instead of doin my hw lol

theyres more than 3085 hrs in a week lol?
    im different...even when i have lots of hw, i still spend my time watchin da series instead of doin my hw lol
    If I had some place to rent series, I think I'd average around 35 hours per week. I'd work hard to balance my time because I want to be able to keep on renting without it disturbing schoolwork. If I'm studying for a test then I won't watch series, but if I'm doing simple questions and homework like that, I can still watch the TV.:P

If I had some place to rent series, I think I'd average around 35 hours per week. I'd work hard to balance my time because I want to be able to keep on renting without it disturbing schoolwork. If I'm studying for a test then I won't watch series, but if I'm doing simple questions and homework like that, I can still watch the TV.:P
    but y cant i study??...i just cant keep my eyes away from da computer
    n dats y im failin so badly *sniff sniff*

It kind of depends on what series are playing. If it's interesting I'll watch it for hours and hours. On average though, probably just 10 hours a week since I don't like to watch TVB series that much anymore.