Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: X-Men: The Last Stand

wonder who died??
    TaZzY InC

Quote Originally Posted by luvleila
    yuks, who's the guy in the 1st pic. he looks horrible.
    he looks like the guy that was in rush hour 1

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    I haven't seen the first two X-men movies yet, but I'm being dragged by a friend to watch this third installment over the weekend. Would it behoove me to rent the first two movies first before going in for the third or do each of them pretty much stand independently in terms of storyline?
    you gotta watch the first two, lady zhuge...you wouldnt want to miss all the action and kewl stuff...
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 05-25-06 at 11:54 PM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

If you guys never read the comics especially the Pheonix Story Arc and you're fond to those crap wire-fu, you will like this, otherwise if know your phoenix saga inside out, all those cosmic super power, the possesion of Jean Grey, Mastermind, Hellfire Club etc, then X3 is a complete bullshit.

A Phoenix saga is a story you either chose to tell in some sort of complete form… or not at all. In X3 you will never get to see the real Phoenix force. The only real Phoenix that you ever see is at the end of X2.

The scripwriter is sucks, they should just left the Phoenix story line and concentrate on "the cure" plot. They even butchered the sentinels storyline. I want true standalone Sentinel story line - ggrrrrr, not just danger room exercise. F**k all the producers of this movies and boycott them.

I saw the movie this evening.

When I walked out of the movie, one word described my feeling - disappointed!
    The movie had so much potential to be as great as the previous instalments. It was basic storytelling with incomplete characterisation. Too much emphasis was on special effects.

There were way too many mutants and certain focus were irrelevant to the main plot lines. For example, the teenage love triangle between Rogue, Iceman and Shadowcat felt like fillers for time. Also inspite of early onscreen time for Angel, his character was never developed and towards the end, Angel was regulated to the back burner.

The scenes where the main characters died were disconnected. I didn't hear the packed audience gasping in shock or sympathsize with the dead.

I had a feeling Brett "the Rat" Ratner would screw up the X-men franchise. He did it to Red Dragon, and the Rush Hour series were laughable at best.

Xmen-3 was a disappointment. The last fight scene was the only best part the rest of the movie was written bad. I knew once they changed the writer/director of the movie there will be risk of this movie sucking and it did. My biggest complaint was how they feature the Juggernaut. I mean, if anyone knows the power of the Juggernaut, there is no way they could have cage him in like that, that was silly. Also, the kid who took Juggernaut's power away, should not have been able to. Juggernaut isn't a mutant, his power is from a God. Also, why would anyone fear the Phoenix when Juggernaut is presense, he is way more dangerous. Poor script and overall, a bad ending to a great trilogy.

actually the phoenix is way stronger than Juggernaut in strength and mind power. The phoenix is suppose to be this cosmic fire thing nothing to do with the mind. I like the part when Juggernaut said " i am the Juggernaut *****!!" you would be laughing really hard if u had watch the sub version of one of the esp of the xmen cartoon by some unknown people. overall i didnt like it that much too.
    it only means one thing Cable will not be born
    Am i Crazy!?!?!?!
    [8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888]

Oh forgot to mention. let the credits roll out and wait for the extra scene. it will only cost you maybe 5-10 mins of your time. since u waste 130 mins for a piece of crap already why not give them an extra 10 mins and maybe 0.02 secs to see that extra scene
    Am i Crazy!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by season_of_fun
    i watched the movie at a free preview before it was launched.. it was fanastic... absolutely STUNNING...

it was definitely very worthwhile to watch... the only sad thing was that 3 characters died but i'm not telling who was the 3.. afraid it will killed everyone's interest...

enjoys & cheers, everyone...
    two if u let the credits roll
    Am i Crazy!?!?!?!

What was the extra scene? can someone discribe it pls. I really do not want to watch X3 again......

wait fir the dvd release lor sure to have extra scenes one
    TaZzY InC

well, it looks very dissappointing. and i m so excited on watching the movie.
    盈盈道:“岳先生被逼吞食此药物之后,自是日夜不安,急欲解毒。一日不解,一日难以安心。他知道只有从你身 上打算,才能得到解药。”

令狐冲道:“这个自然。我是你的心肝宝贝,也只有用我,才能向你换到解药。”

我乃逍遥人,自然逍遥去。 - Fearless

download the DVDrip version on Bittorrent. then you don't have to waste $10 going to see a suckful movie.

yea, tt's true. but i watchin with my friends, so never mind la.
    盈盈道:“岳先生被逼吞食此药物之后,自是日夜不安,急欲解毒。一日不解,一日难以安心。他知道只有从你身 上打算,才能得到解药。”

令狐冲道:“这个自然。我是你的心肝宝贝,也只有用我,才能向你换到解药。”

我乃逍遥人,自然逍遥去。 - Fearless

It only got 2 1/2 stars out of 5 so it must be really bad .
    - currently watching: Fashion King, Rooftop Prince, Love Rain, and Equator Man-
    - recent favorite drama: The Princess's Man
    -

I don't think that is true that is it bad.. So far, i seen more mixed reviews. I think Ebert gave it a good rating.

Tho, i have to be skeptical. This installation is a little too ambitious. They are trying to squeeze so much in for a 2 1/2 movie. Too many characters and side stories, i don't know if non X-men comic book addict would accept this adaption.

They shouldn't have made a trilogy.shame: Should have just released the story bit by bit.
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    Tho, i have to be skeptical. This installation is a little too ambitious. They are trying to squeeze so much in for a 2 1/2 movie. Too many
    the movie was only 104 minutes!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy8
    actually the phoenix is way stronger than Juggernaut in strength and mind power. The phoenix is suppose to be this cosmic fire thing nothing to do with the mind. I like the part when Juggernaut said " i am the Juggernaut *****!!" you would be laughing really hard if u had watch the sub version of one of the esp of the xmen cartoon by some unknown people. overall i didnt like it that much too.
    it only means one thing Cable will not be born
    How is the phoenix more stronger than the Juggernaut? She won't even be able to hurt him.

the juggernut http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4qdX6_9XgI
    i dont know how to argue with by you just saying "how"
    i will just have u watch the esp and will remind u little. the gadiater is stronger than juggernut and pheonix is stronger than him so i think this proofs something.
    pretty funny clip.
    Am i Crazy!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy8
    the juggernut http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4qdX6_9XgI
    i dont know how to argue with by you just saying "how"
    i will just have u watch the esp and will remind u little. the gadiater is stronger than juggernut and pheonix is stronger than him so i think this proofs something.
    pretty funny clip.
    You are familiar with the Classic Comic Book version of the Juggernaut right? Bringing this clip into discussion is like taking TV Adaptions vs the novel of Wuxia characters. The Juggernaut in the cartoons is horribly weaken but in the comic (original version), he is indestructable and unstoppable; it is written that the Juggernaut doesn't need to breath, eat, sleep, he has unlimited endurance and strength and no physical force can hurt him, even Thor couldnt hurt him with that God blast of his, and the Juggernaut can generate a force field to protect himself against other means of attacks. It's known in the comic world that you can't kill the Juggernaut, he is gonna keep coming at you. Gladiator wouldn't be able to hurt him nor will Phoenix. His power is that great because the power comes from a deity.
    Last edited by Yeung Gor; 05-28-06 at 02:55 AM.