Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35

Thread: XiXing DaFa & Kuihua Baodian

  1. #1
    Member Naruto-kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Hidden Leaf Village Kohona
    Posts
    90

    Default XiXing DaFa & Kuihua Baodian

    Hey, I just re-read some SPW chapters and found out a question from LWC to RWX. He asked, although the Kuihua Baodian was superior than XXDF (plus a long-life benefit) why RWX didn't learn it but instead he chose XXDF. RWX didn't answer it.

    From what I understand, XXDF was not even a complete manuscript and RWX must think of many ways to 'perfecting' it. XXDF also required the practitioner to 'empty' his/her internal energy which I believe it must be a hard thing to do. Imagine RWX, a clan leader, must give up his entire strength for an incomplete manuscript. I figured RWX know the KHBD pre-requisite (cut your balls) but he doesn't seem to care much about that "three letters word". But would you think it's easier to do than XXDF ?

    Later LWC told himself he understood why XXDF was hard to give away. But what does he mean ? I figured XXDF just like a very good narcotics which allow you to hang on a cloud (but it also turned bad for your health) or maybe a strong viagra to gave you instant boost or something. I'm not really get it.

    Could someone enlighten me why RWX chose XXDF, and if you had the opportunity to learn XXDF or KHBD, which one you'll choose ?
    Liberalism is not a philosophy. It's a mental disorder. -- Michael Savage.

  2. #2
    Banned strife_au's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    It's either I win or you lose
    Posts
    4,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto-kun
    Hey, I just re-read some SPW chapters and found out a question from LWC to RWX. He asked, although the Kuihua Baodian was superior than XXDF (plus a long-life benefit) why RWX didn't learn it but instead he chose XXDF. RWX didn't answer it.

    From what I understand, XXDF was not even a complete manuscript and RWX must think of many ways to 'perfecting' it. XXDF also required the practitioner to 'empty' his/her internal energy which I believe it must be a hard thing to do. Imagine RWX, a clan leader, must give up his entire strength for an incomplete manuscript. I figured RWX know the KHBD pre-requisite (cut your balls) but he doesn't seem to care much about that "three letters word". But would you think it's easier to do than XXDF ?

    Later LWC told himself he understood why XXDF was hard to give away. But what does he mean ? I figured XXDF just like a very good narcotics which allow you to hang on a cloud (but it also turned bad for your health) or maybe a strong viagra to gave you instant boost or something. I'm not really get it.

    Could someone enlighten me why RWX chose XXDF, and if you had the opportunity to learn XXDF or KHBD, which one you'll choose ?
    because KuiHua Baodian requires you to castrate yourself, which is stupid as...
    I would choose XiXing da fa anyday... go around draining peoples energy

  3. #3
    Member Naruto-kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Hidden Leaf Village Kohona
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Yes, in this time of day I will choose the same thing.

    But imagine, you were living in that periode of time where power was everything. In your left-hand you got an incomplete XXDF and on the right hand you got the ultimate power of KHBD (with its infamous prerequisite). You're 40+ (I supposed RWX was 40+ that time) and didn't care much about sleeping with girls (or was RWX was actually fond of it ? Hmm..). I'll take he would chose KHBD. But he didn't. It confused me. Is there any part in the story answered this question ?
    Liberalism is not a philosophy. It's a mental disorder. -- Michael Savage.

  4. #4
    Member rapture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    146

    Default

    only losers would want to choose KHBD!!

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    471

    Default

    I thought he had his hands on XXDF before KHBD and was already studying it before obtaining KHBD. I guess he wanted to complete what he started and also the idea of castration was too much to lose over power.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    A world of silence
    Posts
    1,416

    Default

    IMO, RWX thought he was pretty much invincible so there was almost never a need to learn KHBD. Again, IMO.
    " Forgo your past and embrance the future OR abandon your future to save your past?"

  7. #7
    Senior Member Extremer88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    LOHAH - Land of Honour & Happiness
    Posts
    2,405

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto-kun
    Could someone enlighten me why RWX chose XXDF, and if you had the opportunity to learn XXDF or KHBD, which one you'll choose ?
    100 percent vote for XXDF. The requirement for KHBD is just too much for me.
    ..ext88

  8. #8
    Senior Member CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,471

    Default

    RWX was probably confident enough in his own abilities to master the glitches in XXDF.

    Or the instructions he had did not warn him of the side effects. By the time he experienced it, it was too late.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    471

    Default

    BTW where did he get XXDF from? I believe XXDF was derived from bei ming shen gong and hua gong da fa, but both these skills are in DGSD era.

    So where has it been all this time? And who was it that created it? They must of knew abit of both bei ming shen gong and hua gong da fa.
    Last edited by Stance; 05-18-06 at 09:45 AM.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    2,343

    Default

    他顿了一顿,喝了口酒,又道:这吸星大法,创自北宋年间的逍遥派,分为北冥神功与化功大法 两路(作者按:请参阅《天龙八部》)。后来从大理段氏及星宿派分别传落,合而为一,称为吸星大法,那 主要还是继承了化功大法一路。只是学者不得其法,其中颇有缺陷。
    It was derived from more of the Huo Gong Da Fa side.

  11. #11
    Senior Member ChronoReverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,858

    Default

    In 3rd edition, it's completely from BMSG. Which frankly makes more sense to me.

  12. #12
    Senior Member SkineePanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    854

    Default

    RWX was already preoccupied with Xixing Dafa to start learning Kuaihua but I don't think RWX didn't learn Kuaihua becoz it didn't interest him. That clause about castration probably put him off the most. RWX is a "big man" and prized his manhood above the manual itself. If RWX did learn the manual and cut off his member, people might fear him for his greater powers, but people will be laughing their asses off in their hearts. RWX wants total and undeniable respect from everyone, he doesn't want to be despised or made fun of.
    Underneath the fluffly, cudly exterior lies the tormented and complex creature known as the panda.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Demonic Swordsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jiang Hu
    Posts
    762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SkineePanda
    RWX was already preoccupied with Xixing Dafa to start learning Kuaihua but I don't think RWX didn't learn Kuaihua becoz it didn't interest him. That clause about castration probably put him off the most. RWX is a "big man" and prized his manhood above the manual itself. If RWX did learn the manual and cut off his member, people might fear him for his greater powers, but people will be laughing their asses off in their hearts. RWX wants total and undeniable respect from everyone, he doesn't want to be despised or made fun of.
    totally agree

    and besides...what guy would want to become a enunch and start to wear makeup, have a high freaky voice, and start to not like girls and hit on guys?

    i think in jianghu, people would rather die than humiliate themselves like that
    "The most happy marriage I can picture or imagine would be union of a deaf man to a blind woman."

  14. #14
    Member Naruto-kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Hidden Leaf Village Kohona
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stance
    I thought he had his hands on XXDF before KHBD and was already studying it before obtaining KHBD. I guess he wanted to complete what he started and also the idea of castration was too much to lose over power.
    Possibly. But RWX told LWC that KHBD was a possesion of the clan for many years and passed from previous chief. Unless he learned it before he became a chief, then I figured it's approximately at the same time.

    After seeing how powerful DFBB became, do you thing RWX somewhat regret his decision ?

    YBQ did castrated himself, and he even had a beautiful wive.. Hey anyway, can a woman learn KHBD ?
    Liberalism is not a philosophy. It's a mental disorder. -- Michael Savage.

  15. #15
    Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    currently in malaysia
    Posts
    1,766

    Default

    most likely he was already practising xixadafa when he became chief. plus he did not want to be an enuch. he also didn't expect that KHBD would be so superior to xixadafa. he knew it was great but not that great. he probably studied the theories behind KHBD and though that he wouldn't be below KHBD level when he mastered xixadafa fully.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    59

    Default

    According to SOD 1996 adaptation, RWX told LWC that he has been too pre-occupied with XXDF to not start learning KHBD. Otherwise, he would probably learned it too - that was his confession to LWC. I haven't reached that part yet in the novel.

    By the way, yes, can a woman learn KHBD? Isn't it such an irony that no women in that SPW learned or tried to learn KHBD. I was thinking that RWX should actually gave the KHBD manual for RYY to try since she is his daughter?

  17. #17
    Senior Member dracnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    someone here & there
    Posts
    232

    Default

    i think i heard from somewhere that KHBD was incomplete (the one RWX & YBQ had), it was separated into five parts...

  18. #18
    Senior Member kwekmh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Central Plains
    Posts
    760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demonic Swordsman
    totally agree

    and besides...what guy would want to become a enunch and start to wear makeup, have a high freaky voice, and start to not like girls and hit on guys?

    i think in jianghu, people would rather die than humiliate themselves like that
    Dongfang Bubai.

    Most probably the idea of castration stopped RWX from learning KHBD.

  19. #19
    TommyH
    Unregistered

    Default

    XXDF and KHBD are both dilluted versions of BMSG. So if I were to choose out of the three...of course BMSG.

    But if I was to choose out of XXDF or KHBD then I'd choose XXDF. KHBD might be better but the requirement is not good.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    340

    Default

    Actually KHBD comes from a different source than XXDF or BMSG.

    KHBD was made by a eunuch before the SPW story starts. It wasn't separated into 5 parts as mentioned earlier. Fangzheng asked LHC whether he knows what KHBD is and LHC told him what RWX related to him when they were chatting in the Plum Manor. Then FZ told him that the KHBD the SunMoon has is actually the incomplete version of the original KHBD. That's as much as it was revealed of how much apart was the original KHBD to the one DFBB has.

    The reason RWX didn't learn the KHBD was because of the castrate part. He didn't want to castrate himself, so he gave the KHBD to DFBB to harm DFBB. Another part was also because he didn't know how good KHBD really is, he thought his XXDF was already invincible. So he was really surprised to see DFBB was actually that good.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 72
    Last Post: 05-25-12, 05:27 PM
  2. Xixing da fa
    By CyberMonk in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-16-06, 08:46 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-09-05, 02:10 PM
  4. Charlene&Ronald/Gillian&Alex/Yumiko&Deep?
    By Gernice in forum Entertainment News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-26-05, 10:05 AM
  5. Xixing Dafa in DOMD?
    By Ren Wo Xing in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-04, 05:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •