Thread: DG9J and Dog Beating Skill

Default DG9J and Dog Beating Skill

Would a user of DG9J be able to beat/counter a user of the Dog Beating skill? I mean even a MA genius such as OYF need some time before he could come up with a defense/counter to the final stroke of the Dod beating skill. If in a duel, would FQY or LCH be able to spot a flaw and use it to break the final stroke? Let us assume that both users are at the peak… Say LCH with his DG9J and HR with her Dog Beating Skill…
    " Forgo your past and embrance the future OR abandon your future to save your past?"

Dog Beating Technique was good, but I think LHC would have no problem with it.....

Ooops, does Dugu 9 Jian have a rod-defeating stance or stick-defeating stance (破棍式,破棒式)??? LOL...

1. General Index Stance (總訣式)
    2. Sword-defeating Stance (破劍式)
    3. Broadsword/Knife-defeating Stance (破刀式)
    4. Spear-defeating Stance (破槍式)
    5. Mace-defeating Stance (破鞭式)
    6. Whip-defeating Stance (破索式)
    7. Palm-defeating Stance (破掌式)
    8. Arrow-defeating Stance (破箭式)
    9. Qi-defeating Stance (破氣式)

So DG9J does not teach us how to defeat opponents that uses rods or sticks (closest to it should be Mace-defeating Stance (破鞭式), so LHC might have problems when facing the Dog Beating Stick..
    Last edited by Extremer88; 05-26-06 at 01:14 PM.
    ..ext88

Mace breaking is precisely what would be used to defeat Dog-Beating Stick.

In any case, DG9J contains methodologies and theories of how to break techniques. It's still up to the practicioner to utilize and adapt. The practicioner also needs the physical ability to carry out the attack (i.e., XXDF LHC would be able to break stances that non-internal LHC wouldn't be able to).

Then it'll also depend on who is using Dog-Beating Stick. If it's that old elder in ROCH, LHC would have absolutely no trouble at all. If it were XF himself performing it, then it might not be possible to cleanly break it.

We don't know how good Xiao Feng's Dog Beating Stick technique is.

Senior Member Demonic Swordsman's Avatar

well...since there are multiple stances, as long as the user comprhends the theories, he should be able to counter all weapons. Even if a dog beating stick isnt your average weapon, i think if you knew DG9J, you would have enough theories on countering other weapons to counter a dog beating stick
    "The most happy marriage I can picture or imagine would be union of a deaf man to a blind woman."

Also the ability to break a stance does not mean that the skill is busted. If a person practices say Snow Mountain Swordsmanship he will know how to break all his own moves. But that does not mean he doesn't have to fear someone else who is using Snow Mountain Swordsmanship, because even though he can break individual stances there is still great possibility of him making a mistake etc.

Edit: Thus every time Xiao Feng uses a stance of Dog Beating Stick LHC may know how to break the stance immediately after, but if say Xiao Feng runs out of stances, that does not mean LHC is going to own him since now he knows how to break everything.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but...

Linghu Chong was able to beat Bixie Jian Fa because he saw all 72 moves and figured out how to break each one. Granted, Bixie Jian Fa is a really crappy outer martial arts.

He also happened to be souped up with inner energy at that point in the story. If he didnt have XXDF he wouldn't have the speed to pre-empt YBQ's Bi Xie speed.

Celerity. That's what wins fights (and wars). Internal matters. Formlessness matters. But speed matters the most.