Thread: Who's on the forum?

Default Who's on the forum?

Do you have information on the general demographics of the people who are on this forum? thanks

Yes, but it's not for sale.
    -SC

actually i'm not looking to buy them..
    i was just wondering if i could get a general picture of who is on this forum, for my masters degree research

thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by dissertation
    i was just wondering if i could get a general picture of who is on this forum, for my masters degree research

thanks anyway.
    I would consider that a breach of trust and invasion of privacy if spcnet was to do that.
    A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. You think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a ****ing cross? It's like going up to Jackie Onassis wearing a rifle pendant.

TommyH
    Unregistered

thanks anyway.
    Research? I don't get it. What kind of research is this?

thanks anyway.
    Ah, I was just half-joking when I mentioned the sales part. I'm curious too, what kind of research are you doing?

I don't think it's a breach of privacy as long as individual data is not released. For instance, telling someone that there are x number of Japanese users out of y number of members at a site is not breaking any laws.
    -SC

Quote Originally Posted by spcnet
    Ah, I was just half-joking when I mentioned the sales part. I'm curious too, what kind of research are you doing?

I don't think it's a breach of privacy as long as individual data is not released. For instance, telling someone that there are x number of Japanese users out of y number of members at a site is not breaking any laws.
    I'm not a lawyer by any stretch but even releasing private information on an aggregate basis is risky and might leave you open to open to litigation, unless you had some kind of waiver that you made members sign (which most companies do by hiding in a lot of legalese). I can't remember if you have a similar clause.

Seriously if you have no problem releasing information on an aggregate basis, I think this is a very nice place to do surveys and research projects.
    A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. You think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a ****ing cross? It's like going up to Jackie Onassis wearing a rifle pendant.