Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 70

Thread: Xiao Feng versus Zhang Wuji

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,530

    Default Xiao Feng versus Zhang Wuji

    Xiao Feng: Demon-Subduing Palm, Xiang Long Shi Ba Zhang, Founder's Long Fist, Da Gou Bang Fa.

    Zhang Wuji: Jiu Yang Shen Gong, Qian Kun Da Noi Yi, Tai Chi Quan, Tai Chi Jian.

    Who takes it?
    Last edited by Dennis Chen; 06-15-06 at 07:31 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,451

    Default

    In the first encounter Xiao Feng pwns Zhang Wuji in 200 stances because ZWJ is in too much awe of XF and has never encountered such a strong opponent and the stances of XF are very exquisite and he is convinced that XF sits at the right hand of Damo.

    Then the rematch might turn out differently with a victory for ZWJ after they fight for 8 hours and XF runs out of steam, but that would require ZWJ to be really trying.

  3. #3
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    24,369

    Default

    I agree with K2Grey. A short fight favors Kiu Fung, but a longer fight favors Cheung Mo Gei.

    To win, Cheung Mo Gei needs to put his all into defense for the first part of the fight. He cannot let Kiu Fung penetrate his defenses (tall order, but Cheung Mo Gei is among the very few who has any hope at all of doing it). If he can hold Kiu Fung off for a certain amount of time, the greater endurance afforded by the 9 Yeung Jen Ging inner power will work in Cheung Mo Gei's favor.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    105

    Default xiao feng

    I think Xiao Feng should win this. Just look at how Xiao Feng fought the mob at Xuan Ju Manor. In the mob there were at least 3 Xuan generation monks, yet even with the Xuan Monks in the Mob, they could not subdue Xiao Feng. Yet, the three Du Generation monks could tie with Zhang Wuji.

    The Xuan monks should be waaay stronger than the Du monks. If Xiao Feng could take on the 3 Xuan monks and an entire mob and Zhang wuji has trouble with the three Du generation monks, well, its pretty obvious isn't it.

  5. #5
    Moderator Ren Wo Xing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Currently DC
    Posts
    6,660

    Default

    The Du generation monks had trained together and had a formation which they had practiced for 20 years.

    That being said, no question, Xiao Feng would beat Zhang Wuji silly. You're talking about placing perhaps the best natural fighter with the best instincts against perhaps the worst natural fighter with the worst instincts.

    Hell, before he learned Taiqi, ZWJ didn't even think he could overcome Fan Yao!
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

  6. #6
    Senior Member PJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    18,425

    Default

    He didn't think he could beat Fan Yao in a contest of swordplay. Doesn't mean he thought he couldn't overcome Fan Yao overall (I'm sure he could).
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

  7. #7
    Senior Member goodrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    595

    Default

    Call me silly but I think Zhang Wuji has a good chance againt Xiao Feng.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    The Du generation monks had trained together and had a formation which they had practiced for 20 years.

    That being said, no question, Xiao Feng would beat Zhang Wuji silly. You're talking about placing perhaps the best natural fighter with the best instincts against perhaps the worst natural fighter with the worst instincts.

    Hell, before he learned Taiqi, ZWJ didn't even think he could overcome Fan Yao!
    xiao feng ftw.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Snafu3721's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    I think Xiao Feng should win this. Just look at how Xiao Feng fought the mob at Xuan Ju Manor. In the mob there were at least 3 Xuan generation monks, yet even with the Xuan Monks in the Mob, they could not subdue Xiao Feng. Yet, the three Du Generation monks could tie with Zhang Wuji.

    The Xuan monks should be waaay stronger than the Du monks. If Xiao Feng could take on the 3 Xuan monks and an entire mob and Zhang wuji has trouble with the three Du generation monks, well, its pretty obvious isn't it.
    I have re-read the Xuan Ju manor fight many times....

    And although incredibly awe-inspiring the fights were (especially in a carnal 300 kind of way)...

    I've always felt that any of the Trilogy Greats would've done just as well fighting off a mob of that caliber. When you read the trilogy, it gives the impression that the Greats were able to utterly annihilate any opponent who wasn't at least at 70% of their level. Other than GJ in LOCH, the Greats could've killed any of the 2nd tier fighters in one hit. In ROCH, YG made fools out of the 2nd tier fighters even pre-16 years. And if ZWJ really wanted to, he could've probably palm clashed with an entire orthodox sect and QKDNY their internal energies back to them (ok.. the ZWJ example is a little exaggerated).

    But the point is, I don't think XF is that much better than the Greats, if even at all. I just don't see how using the Xuan Ju manor fight is a good measuring stick of XF's prowess against ZWJ since XF only fought opponets who were basically 2nd tier (or lower) in DGSD.
    Last edited by Snafu3721; 03-01-10 at 05:36 AM.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Dirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,401

    Default

    There's just too much extreme bias towards these 2 characters, one hero-worship, the other disdain. Even Laviathan was sacked when he brought up the idea that ZWJ could equal XF.

  11. #11
    Senior Member AnhHung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    There's just too much extreme bias towards these 2 characters, one hero-worship, the other disdain. Even Laviathan was sacked when he brought up the idea that ZWJ could equal XF.
    Still, that doesnt mean that he was wrong.

    They represent the extremes in group of Greats; one is competitive and has a excellent drive, while the other peace-loving, "Lets settle this peacefully" .

    Its like comparing apples and oranges. And the answer to that; they are different.
    You do know that it is just fiction, dont you?

  12. #12
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    24,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnhHung View Post
    Still, that doesnt mean that he was wrong.

    They represent the extremes in group of Greats; one is competitive and has a excellent drive, while the other peace-loving, "Lets settle this peacefully" .

    Its like comparing apples and oranges. And the answer to that; they are different.
    The irony is that at the end of his life, Kiu Fung adopted an outlook similar to Cheung Mo Gei's.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Dirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,401

    Default

    Xiao Feng shows compassion at the end of his life and he's a great hero. Zhang Wuji shows compassion all of his life and he's a pansy.

  14. #14
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    24,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    Xiao Feng shows compassion at the end of his life and he's a great hero. Zhang Wuji shows compassion all of his life and he's a pansy.
    Timing is everything in showbiz.

    Always leave them begging for more.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    6,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I agree with K2Grey. A short fight favors Kiu Fung, but a longer fight favors Cheung Mo Gei.

    To win, Cheung Mo Gei needs to put his all into defense for the first part of the fight. He cannot let Kiu Fung penetrate his defenses (tall order, but Cheung Mo Gei is among the very few who has any hope at all of doing it). If he can hold Kiu Fung off for a certain amount of time, the greater endurance afforded by the 9 Yeung Jen Ging inner power will work in Cheung Mo Gei's favor.
    ken u actually think zhang wuji can beat xf?
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

    Entries due July 31st, 2016!

  16. #16
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    24,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    ken u actually think zhang wuji can beat xf?
    It's possible, although if the two fought ten times, Cheung Mo Gei would lose most of the encounters.

  17. #17
    Senior Member AnhHung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    It's possible, although if the two fought ten times, Cheung Mo Gei would lose most of the encounters.
    Ken, you sound more and more like me. Or I more and more like you.
    You do know that it is just fiction, dont you?

  18. #18
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    24,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnhHung View Post
    Ken, you sound more and more like me. Or I more and more like you.
    It's that damn avatar.

    Not blue aliens from the planet Pandora, though.

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    98

    Default

    If it is a martial arts duel with all of the customs and rules of the martial arts world being observe, ZWJ will win assuming he have enough inner power to redirect XF attacks. outside of this conditions XF will win.

  20. #20
    Senior Member AnhHung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by islandmaster108 View Post
    If it is a martial arts duel with all of the customs and rules of the martial arts world being observe, ZWJ will win assuming he have enough inner power to redirect XF attacks. outside of this conditions XF will win.
    I like the way you think. I think you will find your self quite lonely with that statement.

    Ken and I think that XF would win most of a 10 match competition. But I dont think we get much support in this forum.
    You do know that it is just fiction, dont you?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 104
    Last Post: 02-06-23, 09:10 PM
  2. Zhang Wuji -vs- Xiao Feng [with a twist]
    By PJ in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 02-01-23, 04:33 AM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-17-11, 09:41 PM
  4. Replies: 79
    Last Post: 03-21-10, 08:44 PM
  5. More proof that Xiao Feng =~ Zhang Sanfeng
    By PJ in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 03-21-10, 08:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •