Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZJZ's Full Moon Madness

Default ZJZ's Full Moon Madness

Here's a safe guide as to which of ZJZ's future projects will be watchable based on his past track record.

XAJH - Watchable
    LOCH - Retarded Ape
    TLBB - Watchable
    ROCH06 - Screaming Ape
    *BXJ - Watchable
    *DODM - Laughing Ape
    *HSDS - Watchable

* Denotes either in production or in planning stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket
    Here's a safe guide as to which of ZJZ's future projects will be watchable based on his past track record.

XAJH - Watchable
    LOCH - Retarded Ape
    TLBB - Watchable
    ROCH06 - Screaming Ape
    *BXJ - Watchable
    *DODM - Laughing Ape
    *HSDS - Watchable

I thought LOCH was watchable and u never know for HSDS. For all we know, he might just decide to re-cast HXM and LYF as ZWJ and ZM.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

I gave my prediction so you can watch it come true....kekeke
    LOCH was only watchable after the screaming ape appeared in ROCH06.
    LYP's retarded GJ was on par with Alec-the-shorty in wishywashiness and idiocy. They both had me screaming in frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow
    I thought LOCH was watchable and u never know for HSDS. For all we know, he might just decide to re-cast HXM and LYF as ZWJ and ZM.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow
    I also like LOCH..huang rong was cute in it..

The guy that plays GWM is like in every series... like that stupid beggar clan leader thats like a muscular model or something.
    GWM
    TLBB he was Jiumouzhi
    XAJH he was Xian Wen Tian

I actually thought LOCH was a fine production. I suspect Zhang Jizhong was rather bewildered at its reception, but then he realised his audience was basically a pop audience who aren't interested in his particular vision of Jin Yong, and wised up. I'm not a big fan of ROCH06 either, but ZJZ is only trying to give people what he thinks they deserve. Since the sort of 'criticism' he's heard is the type where people write off a series only because they thought actor X was "retarded" or they didn't like the voice of actress Y or they wanted everything to be the same as some old TVB adaptation, then I'd say that he truly is giving the audience exactly what they deserve.

LYP's retarded GJ was on par with Alec-the-shorty in wishywashiness and idiocy. They both had me screaming in frustration.
    Heh, you must have been really absorbed to have reacted that way. Actually, I'd say that Li Yapeng and Mini-Alec weren't really that far off from their respective characters in the novels, who are indeed pretty frustrating at times.

Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    The guy that plays GWM is like in every series...
    He was also Zhebie in LOCH. I bet he turns up in ZJZ's HSDS as Cheng Kun or somebody.
    Last edited by owbjhx; 06-29-06 at 08:45 AM.

The guy that plays GWM is like in every series... like that stupid beggar clan leader thats like a muscular model or something.
    GWM
    TLBB he was Jiumouzhi
    And in LOCH, he was Ze Bie, the mogolian archer who taught GJ. He's not the only one who's recycled. There are a couple of others as well. Did Gao Hu act in XAJH? I know he didnt in LOCH but he appears in TLBB, ROCH and BXJ.

Quote Originally Posted by owbjhx
    I bet he turns up in ZJZ's HSDS as Cheng Kun or somebody.
    He might probably act as ZM's father or some mogolian character.
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 06-29-06 at 08:46 AM.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Xian Wen Tian????? Which char is that??

I gave my prediction so you can watch it come true....kekeke
    LOCH was only watchable after the screaming ape appeared in ROCH06.
    Personally I thought LYP did a great job. Definitely the best GJ ever. I especially loved the chemistry between GJ and HR.

BXJ, DOMD and HSDS aren't even out yet so I don't think we should include those on the list.

I have seen most of his adaptions and I didn't think they were all that... XAJH really disappointed me, but everyone was praising it like crazy..

Oh yea, XKX(Xia Ke Xing) and Lian Cheng Jue aren't on the list. I didn't watch those, so am not sure how they are. I don't like those 2 JY stories very much..

I have high hopes for BXJ, but don't want to jinx it...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by strifeforever
    Personally I thought LYP did a great job. Definitely the best GJ ever. I especially loved the chemistry between GJ and HR.
    I know some of you mentioned the chemistry but I seriously don' see it.

I'm making a prediction on those ZJZ productions that are not out based on past series that were released. I believe my predictions will be proven right

Lian Cheng Jue was not by ZJZ so not included since the title of the thread is "ZJZ's Full Moon Madness".

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    BXJ, DOMD and HSDS aren't even out yet so I don't think we should include those on the list.

I have seen most of his adaptions and I didn't think they were all that... XAJH really disappointed me, but everyone was praising it like crazy..

Oh yea, XKX(Xia Ke Xing) and Lian Cheng Jue aren't on the list. I didn't watch those, so am not sure how they are. I don't like those 2 JY stories very much..

I have high hopes for BXJ, but don't want to jinx it...

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    I know some of you mentioned the chemistry but I seriously don' see it.
    Yes, I agree with strawberry. I thought LYP's GJ was OK on the overall, honest but dumb. When it comes to chemistry, I couldn't sense anything aside that GJ is dependable upon HR. Can't feel love or affection btw them, just GJ liking HR, ' Rong-er, Rong-er.....'

XAJH - Watchable
    LOCH - Retarded Ape
    TLBB - Watchable
    ROCH06 - Screaming Ape
    *BXJ - Watchable
    *DODM - Laughing Ape
    *HSDS - Watchable

So, HSDS is watchable huh? That's great sicnce that's my favourite. I'm watching BXJ anf DODM no matter what.

Still, i think ROCH isn't that great, but it wasn't too bad on the overall. I was pretty concern with the mood of the series, feels so illusional. The screaming ape thing was just for a few moments, so I was OK with that. Not gonna let it affect the whole story.

Wonder why no one on the set realise it's silly the whole screaming thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari
    So, HSDS is watchable huh? That's great sicnce that's my favourite. I'm watching BXJ anf DODM no matter what.

Still, i think ROCH isn't that great, but it wasn't too bad on the overall. I was pretty concern with the mood of the series, feels so illusional. The screaming ape thing was just for a few moments, so I was OK with that. Not gonna let it affect the whole story.

Wonder why no one on the set realise it's silly the whole screaming thing.
    HSDS is not watchable. I bought thinking cus it was a china production expecting it to be good like LOCH but was very disappointed.

No he meant my prediction on the future HSDS that ZJZ will make after DODM.

HSDS is not watchable. I bought thinking cus it was a china production expecting it to be good like LOCH but was very disappointed.

i thought it was a collaboration between china and taiwan. But i didn't expect it to be a ZJZ type mainland production anyway. The only mainland series i bought that surprised me with the scenery and special effects was Lian Cheng Jue, secret of the linked cities. Since there was little hype about the series, i expected a low budget production similar to TVB, or taiwanese prodcutions.

It's grand not because it had huge budget but grand because cost of such things is really cheap in China. Not hyped cos no real famous actress and the main male lead is not a popular lead. He was more a martial artiste than a romantic leading man type.

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    i thought it was a collaboration between china and taiwan. But i didn't expect it to be a ZJZ type mainland production anyway. The only mainland series i bought that surprised me with the scenery and special effects was Lian Cheng Jue, secret of the linked cities. Since there was little hype about the series, i expected a low budget production similar to TVB, or taiwanese prodcutions.

Oh so ZJZ didn't do Lian Cheng Jue?? Did he do XKX then??? I heard a lot of praises about XKX. I just hope that BXJ will be good since it looks really promising...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

No he didn't do XKX too. That's why it's not on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    Oh so ZJZ didn't do Lian Cheng Jue?? Did he do XKX then??? I heard a lot of praises about XKX. I just hope that BXJ will be good since it looks really promising...