Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Nobuta Wo Produce

Default Nobuta Wo Produce

I just finish watching this show. It was great. A lot better than I expected. At first I wasn't going to watch it. I didn't care much for Yamapi or Kame. Then I heard that the show won a bunch of award, so I gave it a shot. It definitly one of the best jdorama I ever watch. And now I a fan of Yamapi and Kame.
    Nobuta Power

Is this the one with the chinese title Pig something?

Nonuta Wo Producing mean Producing Nobuta in English. I think Nobuta mean wild pig in japanese, which sound like the main girl name Nabuko. In the show there a pink pig key chain type of thing that Yamapi, Kame, and Maki (Nobuko/Nobuta) made and sold to their classmate. The ending created also has two CG animated pig that suppose to be Yamapi and Kame.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    Is this the one with the chinese title Pig something?
    There's a whole bunch of variation in the Chinese titles - something along the lines of 改造野猪, 野猪大行动 and the likes.

I finished the show a while ago, I admit I was interested in the show initially because of Yamapi, and I downloaded the series cause I wanted to fangirl over him in school uniform. I was pleasantly surprised that the show was well written and not choked with high school romance stories cliches. In fact, it's not a romance story but one about friendship; which easily explains why it was so refreshing.

There were many memorable scenes in the show, some of my favourites are - Nobuta hugging Shuji, it was the first time Shuji was showing his weakness to others - another one would be - Akira telling Aoi that Nobuta and Shuji always come before him no matter what.

I like the theme song, Seishun Amigo, alot as well, it was catchy up to a point of annoying but I love it nonetheless.

Thanks gals. btw, who sang the theme song?

The song is sung by Yamashita Tomohisa from NEWS and Kamenashi Kazuya from KATTUN. The two of them formed a temporary unit call Shuji and Akira last year just for this song, and it did amazingly well on the Oricon charts by breaking the million mark in four weeks. It's the best selling single in Japan last year.
    Last edited by beansprouts; 07-02-06 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Change the names

I read that Yamapi and Kamen actually don't really like each other but had to overcome their differences since they are paired together for the serial and song. Now, they are ok. They were from the same school. I heard that Yamapi was very popular in school. There was this rumour in his uni that if you see a group of people following someone around, that must be Yamapi. Not sure though if Yamapi and Kamen are from the same uni...are they the same age? Personally, I think both have got that tough guy, A-beng look. Both look naughty and rebellious and Kamen more so than Yamapi. But in actual fact, think they are both nice guys.

I read that Yamapi and Kamen actually don't really like each other but had to overcome their differences since they are paired together for the serial and song. Now, they are ok. They were from the same school. I heard that Yamapi was very popular in school. There was this rumour in his uni that if you see a group of people following someone around, that must be Yamapi. Not sure though if Yamapi and Kamen are from the same uni...are they the same age? Personally, I think both have got that tough guy, A-beng look. Both look naughty and rebellious and Kamen more so than Yamapi. But in actual fact, think they are both nice guys.
    i thought this series was okay. i like kurosagi more.

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    i thought this series was okay. i like kurosagi more.
    Hi Crazy,

I finally see you in the Jap series section. What is Kurosagi?

YamaP n Kame are in different age. Kame is more quiet behind the scene tho. He has his own world after working. YamaP spent lots of times if he's free by hanging around with his best frend Akanishi Jin from KAT-TUN.

Kurosagi is the newest dorama that YamaP played.

Quote Originally Posted by tanteun
    YamaP n Kame are in different age. Kame is more quiet behind the scene tho. He has his own world after working. YamaP spent lots of times if he's free by hanging around with his best frend Akanishi Jin from KAT-TUN.

Kurosagi is the newest dorama that YamaP played.
    i see the one where he puts on lots of disguises. Actually, I came across a couple of songs that NEWs sang and some are not original songs but I like them.

I am not too sure about whether Kame and Yamapi are in the same high school but they are definitely not in the same university because... well Kame doesn't attend university. I seriously doubt Pi had folks following him around in school, in fact, I don't think he turns up for many lessons.

I watched Kurosagi as well, but I prefer Nobuta, Kurosagi was too episodic for me and I thought Pi looked pretty much the same and behave not much different whether he's in disguise or not. His acting is really not that good for him to take on so many different roles in a single drama.

As for NEWS songs, they are fun to listen to since they are mainly genki songs, but nothing truly memorable so far. Cherish comes close to being a good song but I got bored of the rest fairly quickly.

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

I wanna watch this, I'm sick of ppl talkin about k-drama all the time!!!

Don't give me any spoilers but what this series about?

Quote Originally Posted by Gundam-Freedom
    I wanna watch this, I'm sick of ppl talkin about k-drama all the time!!!

Don't give me any spoilers but what this series about?
    Spoiler free sypnosis from Dramawiki

"Kiritani Shuji is the popular guy who gets along with everyone, from the jerks to the nerds to the just plain weird. He's the one that everyone can count on. However, what they don't know is that Shuji knows how predictable his classmates are and he plays off their predictability to his advantage. His day-to-day existence as "Shuji-kun" is just a facade he uses to play in the school popularity game. Truth be told, Shuji is bored.

The one person Shuji cannot stand is Kusano Akira. Unlike Shuji, Akira is just plain annoying. Akira loves his soy milk so much, he gets drunk from it. He laughs funny, he talks funny, and he acts funny. Nobody in class takes Akira seriously. Shuji can't stand the sight of Akira and it drives him nuts that Akira does whatever he wants despite Shuji's expressed dislike of him.

Shuji has a daily ritual of touching a certain willow tree for good luck. One day, he is startled to find out that his willow tree was uprooted and in its place, a freaky-looking girl telling him that some people took the tree somewhere else to be spotted. She joked that she was planning to hang herself from that tree. Scared, Shuji runs away.

Things heat up when a new student comes to school. Shuji is shocked to find out that the new student was the freaky girl he saw the day his willow tree disappeared. Her name is Kotani Nobuko, a girl who has no self confidence at all and is content at being made fun of and bullied in school.

Shuji and Akira come to an accord that in order to make use of their "youth" they will "produce" Nobuko as the next popular girl. One of the conditions, however, is that nobody should find out that they are working together as a team to make this concept possible.

Of course, there can be no protagonist without an antagonist. There is a mysterious girl in school jeopardizing the duo's plan to make Nobuko popular. The mystery continues to unfold.

Unveiled here is the story of true friendship between three unlikely candidates who would not have been friends if not given the special circumstances!"

The theme is friendship, and the series remains true to the theme right to the end. Don't expect some cheap high school romance but do expect some supernatural stuff.

hello!!!

ive been dying to have a copy of this...

im glad theres a thread here....
    >Love hyun Bin and Bi!!!

>My name is kim sam soon, Full house, Winter sonata, Goong, Wonderful Life (ADDICTION!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by wuxian
    I just finish watching this show. It was great. A lot better than I expected. At first I wasn't going to watch it. I didn't care much for Yamapi or Kame. Then I heard that the show won a bunch of award, so I gave it a shot. It definitly one of the best jdorama I ever watch. And now I a fan of Yamapi and Kame.
    Nobuta Power
    i am definiltely watchin this show because of the hype mainly. In general, I find many of the idol Japanese dramas have unconventional and crazy storylines that don't make sense to me at all! like this one and the sho sakurai one called Cat's something.

i am definiltely watchin this show because of the hype mainly. In general, I find many of the idol Japanese dramas have unconventional and crazy storylines that don't make sense to me at all! like this one and the sho sakurai one called Cat's something.
    I don't think Nobuta Wo Produce qualitfies as unconventional and crazy, it's basically tracing lives of three high school student as they tried to make one of them popular. The little unconvetional bit was the random occurance of supernatural stuff and coincidence in a few episodes, other than that, nothing too werid. The reason why its so well received was that the story is good.

The Cat's something by Sakurai Sho... you are refering to Kisarazu's Cats Eye right, starring Okada Junichi from V6.

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    I don't think Nobuta Wo Produce qualitfies as unconventional and crazy, it's basically tracing lives of three high school student as they tried to make one of them popular. The little unconvetional bit was the random occurance of supernatural stuff and coincidence in a few episodes, other than that, nothing too werid. The reason why its so well received was that the story is good.

The Cat's something by Sakurai Sho... you are refering to Kisarazu's Cats Eye right, starring Okada Junichi from V6.
    yes that's the one I am referring to

I can't stand the way Yamapi talks in this serial! its so irritating! So far, I prefer Kamen but his role is really quite a shallow character. who's that female actress acting as Nobuta? I like the song! its catchy and suits the serial though the ending animations is kind of weird, I didn't like that.

I can't stand the way Yamapi talks in this serial! its so irritating! So far, I prefer Kamen but his role is really quite a shallow character. who's that female actress acting as Nobuta? I like the song! its catchy and suits the serial though the ending animations is kind of weird, I didn't like that.
    Yamapi, or rather, Akira's way of talking and acting become less exaggerated later on. He was quite a pain to watch in the begining, his little actions and random spouting of rubbish were actually quite humourous.

Kame, or rather, Shuji is certainly a very shallow character, but I do think he reflects reality pretty well, popularity is nothing but a game that people play - those who know the rules play it to their advantage and emerge victorious. And those who don't are just like Akira and Nobuta.

The person playing Nobuta is Horikita Maki, she's a very sweet looking girl actually, nothing like that dark creepy thing in NwP.