Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MediaCorp Channel 8 to launch new look

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by anlene
    i feel that channel u is improving. at least channel u is going to show 2006 most popular korean drama "princess hours" in october. thats 9 months after it premieres in korea
    But k-drama won't that be KBS/MBC/SBS. Broadcast from the channel doesnn't really mean it's improving it's just mean singaporean channel are lazy making their own shows IMO. I think i'm confusing every1 here.

Quote Originally Posted by anlene
    lol.... u dislike korean dramas?
    i prefer channel u than channel8!
    I kind of like it, initially... but after slapping a dozen or two Korean dramas into the broadcasting schedule, and usually with the repeated cliches in K-drama, I lost my interest. And what with the influx of K-drama influence in our magazines and even radio. Before the Korean Typhoon came along, we used to just have mandarin songs in our radio stations. Now we are apparently bugged by the Korean songs at all.

Well, not that I hate the songs, but the trend is just extremely annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by galaxyxy
    ch u at least makes an attempt to catch up with the latest trends, be it korean, jap dramas etc.. ch 8? what can i say? same old storyline rehashed again and again. qian pian yi lu. sigh. its downright pathetic.
    What do you mean by Jdorama? How many jdoroma has Mediacorp broadcasted ever since a few years ago? Compare it to the number of K dramas being broadcasted. And compare their broadcasting timeslots.

I don't get your catching up line too. Jewel of Palace has been razing Asia to the ground at least a year ago, and Mediacorp only broadcasted it this year!

But k-drama won't that be KBS/MBC/SBS. Broadcast from the channel doesnn't really mean it's improving it's just mean singaporean channel are lazy making their own shows IMO. I think i'm confusing every1 here.
    No, not at all.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

eh.. i dont see much difference between before-revamp and after-revamp except the inclusion of the new trailers and some new logos here and there.

anyway.. there suppose to be 9 trailers or wat.. but so far i only saw fann, zoe and the trio (felicia, adam and another lady)'s trailer.

I really hate trends.

These days, the trend it seems is to dislike trends.
    A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. You think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a ****ing cross? It's like going up to Jackie Onassis wearing a rifle pendant.