Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Concubines of the Qing Emperor 《大清后宫》 - Hu Jing, Victor Huang

I really like this series, especially, Victor Huang and Hu Jing. They are such a cute couple. I wish they will make more series together.

chan chin pang was cutest

i just started to watch this series, quite good actually.
    i'm in episode 10 now, the character Jing Zhen is quite evil to her friends.
    can anyone tell me more about this character like what happens to her in the end?
    thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao wa wa View Post
    i just started to watch this series, quite good actually.
    i'm in episode 10 now, the character Jing Zhen is quite evil to her friends.
    can anyone tell me more about this character like what happens to her in the end?
    thanks in advance.
    She actually turned good at the end. She became Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    She actually turned good at the end. She became Queen.
    really? but i thought Quan Fei is the queen/ empress...
    Last edited by xiao wa wa; 06-15-07 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao wa wa View Post
    really? but i thought Quan Fei is the queen/ empress...
    In the end, the mom of the king found out that Quan Fei had a son (not with the king - the son is An Xue Chen), so she gives Quan Fei poison to drink. Before Quan Fei drinks the poison, she came to Jing Zhen and asked her to look after 4th prince. Later, the 4th prince became king, so Jing Zhen become the king's mother. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

I watched this series on crunchyroll... it's similar to war and beauty... a pretty good series, but can get a little draggy at times...

Hu Jing, the girl who acts as xi lin chun is very pretty, esp when she dresses up in the many different ancient costumes. I think her face is really suited for ancient series.

I like Benny Chan's character here too. He's a really sweet guy...

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    In the end, the mom of the king found out that Quan Fei had a son (not with the king - the son is An Xue Chen), so she gives Quan Fei poison to drink. Before Quan Fei drinks the poison, she came to Jing Zhen and asked her to look after 4th prince. Later, the 4th prince became king, so Jing Zhen become the king's mother. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.
    Quan Fei became empress... Jing Zhen would be called empress dowager if she is the king's mother...

Thanks Guesswho for the info, it really help me understand the story more.

Quote Originally Posted by pdt_85 View Post
    I watched this series on crunchyroll... it's similar to war and beauty... a pretty good series, but can get a little draggy at times...
    yup, this story really does have similarities to War and Beauty from TVB.

for instance, xi lin chun as a maid and want to take revenge on Quan Fei because of the death of her father is similiar to onn sin (WAB) wanting to take revenge on empress for the death of her grandmother.

lan xuan was playing with a butterfly and accidentaly bumps into the emperor is the same as yee shun (WAB) playing with her kite and bumps into the emperor when she was looking for her lost kite.

jing zhen goes into the palace to be a concubine is to help her father (politically i guess) is somehow similiar to yuk ying (WAB) who wants to help her mother so the mother wont get bullied but the father's other wife's and family members. Besides that, both characters would do anything to get to the status they want at any cost- hurting people who loves and care for them.

Only, the emperor in this series is much more better than in WAB. although i hate the idea of the emperor getting any women he likes (sounds like a pervert to me) but at least he seems regal and composed like how an emperor is suppose to be considering he's the head of a country and monarchy unlike in WAB where the emperor is old, weak and whimpy.

Did Hu jing became king's wife? I hope she didn't become king's wife because she and Victor huang are cute couple.

I'm currently watching til episode 12 n it's kinda draggy at times... I dont really like Xi Lin Chun....donno why...she just seems fake(no offence..I like Hu Jing)...I don like how she used Benny to make An Xue Chen give up on her in the earlier episode. I only like Quan Fei n Lan Xuan amongst the females.

Btw, Am I the only one who thinks that Hu Jing's make-up is kinda thick n makes her look a bit weird n creepy?

Quote Originally Posted by Emylissa View Post
    Did Hu jing became king's wife? I hope she didn't become king's wife because she and Victor huang are cute couple.
    as to my knowledge, xi lin chun was nvr the king's concubine. although she almost was (escape the task with the help of the queen/ quan fei)

i hope that helps

I like this series better than War and Beauty. Why? better eye candy...

because you have to admit, the guys in w&b are *cough* quite ugly whereas benny chan and victor huang are very cute
    门前若无东南西北路,此生可免悲欢离合情

OMG! Im watching this series right now. So far it is so awesome. here are some pics.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://m.y321.com/pic/2007-7-29/2007729111249_1.JPG')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://enjoy.eastday.com/e/20070724/images/01024917.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.sooxue.com/xiaoyuan/UploadFiles_8816/200509/20050920100829229.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea_fan View Post
    I'm currently watching til episode 12 n it's kinda draggy at times... I dont really like Xi Lin Chun....donno why...she just seems fake(no offence..I like Hu Jing)...I don like how she used Benny to make An Xue Chen give up on her in the earlier episode. I only like Quan Fei n Lan Xuan amongst the females.

Btw, Am I the only one who thinks that Hu Jing's make-up is kinda thick n makes her look a bit weird n creepy?
    lol! totally agree with you. I like Quan Fei the most in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    This is silly. All the consorts and concubines, none of them really want to be in the Imperial Palace but for some reason whether it be family, revenge or for whatever reason, they have to be in there. Forsaking the freedom to live and love the way they want to just in exchange for their reason being in there.
    Everything has a price so I guess it's the price they have to pay for their goal.

The emperor should stop with one or two wives that he really loves and stop recruiting new wives every three years. All the guys who isn't the Emperor is sulking for the loss of their beloved in this series.
    Wishful thinking. Life doesn't work that way.