Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If you were a businessperson living in wulin...

Default If you were a businessperson living in wulin...

Let's say you're a businessperson living in ancient wulin. You want to make money by starting some kind of business that caters to wulin people. What kind of business would you open?

I think I'd open a print shop and start printing up copies of martial arts manuals. People like West Poison Au Yeung Fung and Dong Fong But Bai would never need to kill anybody again trying to steal the 9 Yum Jen Ging or the Qwai Fa Bo Deen. They could just get copies of the book from my print shop.

i'd open an inn next to shaolin where most major wulin events take place. on top of that, i'll make sure i monopolize the meat industry and charge people an outrageous fee when they travel through town for the major event. i see cash everywhere!
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n
    i'd open an inn next to shaolin where most major wulin events take place. on top of that, i'll make sure i monopolize the meat industry and charge people an outrageous fee when they travel through town for the major event. i see cash everywhere!
    That's a good idea. It's also a great way to collect autographs from wulin celebrities such as Kiu Fung and Cheung Mo Gei.

Hire Shi Po Tian as chef for a restaurant.

i'd open an inn next to shaolin where most major wulin events take place.
    But then your inn would be destroyed on a regular basis, as they tend to got into a fight and break all the chairs and tables. Plus, the winner will leave without paying and the loser will already be dead.

Senior Member Demonic Swordsman's Avatar

haha thats true...you'd have to have a super good martial arts to back yourself up

also...you could be like that guy in SPW, the wanton seller? i forget his name, but its in the second or third chapter
    "The most happy marriage I can picture or imagine would be union of a deaf man to a blind woman."

Quote Originally Posted by Single Whip
    But then your inn would be destroyed on a regular basis, as they tend to got into a fight and break all the chairs and tables. Plus, the winner will leave without paying and the loser will already be dead.
    She could always take money and valuables from the loser's dead body, if the winner has not already done so.

Or perhaps she could open a furniture shop/carpenter's workshop next to the inn...to replace or repair the furniture at the inn after the inevitable fights.

Either a liquor shop or ceramics shop. Because they like to drink and they break a lot of bowls.

Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    more like hire shi po tian as a gymnastics/acrobatics coach.
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    And Huang Rong for holidays.

tropical country Singapore :D banana country

wth....i'll prefer not to set up any business coz very offten my things will be wrecked...why not juz join a triad?
    lollipops&raindrops (:

'love me for me' ;D
    'you make me smile'
    'i love you, you idiot' o.0
    FEEL THE LOVE <3

This may sound morbid, but with all the dead people... how about open a shop selling coffins? Someone has to take care of the bodies...

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365
    This may sound morbid, but with all the dead people... how about open a shop selling coffins? Someone has to take care of the bodies...
    HAH! Now who would volunteer to carry off the decaying, rotting, smelly bodies?

I'd like to open a business in weaponry and be the best in weaponry, making the sharpest, strongest, durable swords, staffs, bow and arrows, daggers, and more. Yep, Suet's Best Selling weapons, come and get them. 1,000 gold taels. It's worth its weight in gold.

Then if someone gets injured by my weapons, I can sell them insurance, and rake in the money...hahahh...
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    HAH! Now who would volunteer to carry off the decaying, rotting, smelly bodies?
    No need for anyone to volunteer. If I pay enough, there will be employees to do the job. I just need to hire people to do all the work while I gather the $$

Not really my cup of tea, but hey, it sounds like a good business.

Quote Originally Posted by Single Whip
    you have underestimated the chilvarous young heroes. do you think the heroes or members of the orthodox sects will allow anyone to fight and run without reimbursing the cost of the damage?

also, most heroes' biggest fear is seeing a woman cry...i just need to shed a tear here and there and i'm sure a few nice heroes will pay for the damage. darn, i think i'll make more money from having the dining area destroyed than during the rest of the year when there isn't a major event in wulin.

She could always take money and valuables from the loser's dead body, if the winner has not already done so.
    i'll be very discreet about it too! i wouldn't want anyone else to use that idea.

another occupation that will always be in business is medicine. someone's always in need of healing...especially when chaos occur in wulin or jianghu.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

most heroes' biggest fear is seeing a woman cry...i just need to shed a tear here and there and i'm sure a few nice heroes will pay for the damage.

there you go, patricia. put your womanly charms to good use!

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365
    there you go, patricia. put your womanly charms to good use!
    heck..if the heroes don't fall for it, i can always turn to you for support.

another occupation that will always be in business is medicine. someone's always in need of healing...especially when chaos occur in wulin or jianghu.
    Yes, that's what I'll do too, Patty. I'll open a business in Weaponry that injures people or poisons people (depending on the owner of the weapon, lacing the weapons that I made with poison or not) and then I have an office up top Tai Shan offering cures and treatment for the ill and poisoned. Of course for the immediate treatment, I'll open a small office on the side of my weaponry manor and offer miracle cures, like for headaches, I'll give them magical pills, called aspirin.

Haha yes....I offer things that harm or kill people, rake in the money then when people are poisoned, injured, dying, I offer them life. Yes, I'm in control of life and death for people in Wulin. Hahahahahahhaha

Heck, I'll open a pawn shop too! Or even open a 4-level shopping mall that offers heroes all the things they need.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 07-12-06 at 07:57 PM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

heck..if the heroes don't fall for it, i can always turn to you for support.
    of course, i'll lend a helping hand... lol!

Dang Suet Seung, you really have a master plan going on. Perhaps I'll open a store next to your operations as well.