Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hong Kong Special Cases

yay, i finally get to post here. I have rented this show for quite some time, but have neglected to watch it all.

I saw the gilbert case first (b/c my mom finished Kenneth's case b4 me and I decided since he's my fav actor, to wait for the best last). So far, I really love Gilbert's superstitious case b/c I like the fact that he keeps eating all the time. Also, I had fun debating who the killer was and what was going on.

The second case I watched was the three friends doing frauds (w/ Andrew Yuen) and all, but was never able to finish it b/c there were problems w/ my rental tapes and I wasn't too interested in it to pursue the problems.

I saw part of the father killing daughter case, but it was too boring and I didn't like the idea of a ghost following her father around too much, so I fastforewarded.

The WTO case w/ Chan Chin Pang was kinda boring due to the sleepy music but I did finish it b/c my sis is a Chin Pang fanatic. It got really interesting in the end, but once again, there was something wrong w/ the tapes, so I didn't get to see what happened. I got to the part where Chin Pang got out of jail and was talking on the phone kinda evilly. Can someone tell me if he plotted another demonstration to prove his point or did it really just ended there?

I am currently watching the Kylie Kwok case and not liking her character too much.
    She seems kinda crazy to me. Maybe b/c she regreted her choices and was attempting to start over? I guess I will wait to make my judgements after I finish...
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust
    yay, i finally get to post here. I have rented this show for quite some time, but have neglected to watch it all.

I saw the gilbert case first (b/c my mom finished Kenneth's case b4 me and I decided since he's my fav actor, to wait for the best last). So far, I really love Gilbert's superstitious case b/c I like the fact that he keeps eating all the time. Also, I had fun debating who the killer was and what was going on.

The second case I watched was the three friends doing frauds (w/ Andrew Yuen) and all, but was never able to finish it b/c there were problems w/ my rental tapes and I wasn't too interested in it to pursue the problems.

I saw part of the father killing daughter case, but it was too boring and I didn't like the idea of a ghost following her father around too much, so I fastforewarded.

The WTO case w/ Chan Chin Pang was kinda boring due to the sleepy music but I did finish it b/c my sis is a Chin Pang fanatic. It got really interesting in the end, but once again, there was something wrong w/ the tapes, so I didn't get to see what happened. I got to the part where Chin Pang got out of jail and was talking on the phone kinda evilly. Can someone tell me if he plotted another demonstration to prove his point or did it really just ended there?

I am currently watching the Kylie Kwok case and not liking her character too much.
    She seems kinda crazy to me. Maybe b/c she regreted her choices and was attempting to start over? I guess I will wait to make my judgements after I finish...
    That part could've been the story of Kylie Kwok because she wrote the story of Chin Pang and the Korean girl into a book and made up the ending. At the very end you see Chin Pang still blind, in jail, reading a book with his hands and then you see him huggin the book looking down. That part made me feel so sad for his character.

Quote Originally Posted by Sport3888
    That part could've been the story of Kylie Kwok because she wrote the story of Chin Pang and the Korean girl into a book and made up the ending. At the very end you see Chin Pang still blind, in jail, reading a book with his hands and then you see him huggin the book looking down. That part made me feel so sad for his character.
    so, did he go to jail twice than? Cuz I know he was in jail for a short time, got out and told the girl he can't return to Korea yet which made her sad, then talked on the phone.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust
    so, did he go to jail twice than? Cuz I know he was in jail for a short time, got out and told the girl he can't return to Korea yet which made her sad, then talked on the phone.
    Uh...no...as said above, the whole ending with how he got out of prision and started over was just what Kyolie Kwok imagined as wrote into a story of her own, hoping to be the happy ending. The real ending is Benny going to prison and he's reading the book.

Too late since haven't been in this forum for ages but I really love this series with its numerous cases and how the cast and/or team is different each time and the fact that it's based on true cases, etc.

Here are the cases that I like and why:

Kenneth Chan, Pinky Cheung, & Hugo Ng - 'cause it's just so scary and interesting at the same time 'cause how Hugo's mind operates and the story unravels itself as the case goes on how he became like that. Also, seeing how Kenneth tries to battle his own psychological problems and going back to work on Hugo's case - seeing those two battle it out.

Gilbert Lam's case - Love how the theme changes and how Gilbert's character always jokes and eat, lol. Reminds of Rusty Ryan in Ocean's Eleven. In this one, it got me thinking different about Gilbert Lam as an actor since as I mentioned in some previous threads, his role killed in TVB series, especialy AOM. The price of supersitious is really scary though.

Ricky Chan's case - Although hate some of the guys in here, especially that loud-mouth dude who acts all that but must admit that Bik Fu Sam is cool in somewhat that he's smart and that he actually only do a certain job, etc. But still don't like the fact that he chose that path. I love Ricky Chan's acting though. Finally gets the lead although just for one case.

Benny Chan's case - Although the theme might be boring but it somewhat gives me an outlook on the struggles of Korean people - if not super accurate but still an outline of it. Love Kyolie Kwok in here. She and her bf are so funny.

Kyolie Kwok's case - Yes, I just realized that this series starts with a psycho killer and ends with one. It's an interesting one and it's even scarrier and that she's even more beyond help than Hugo Ng's character since Hugo turned himself in at the end 'cause he knows he's beyond help. But Kyolie is just wacko. It's like she's beyond human feelings or something. *shrugs* As for the answers that was post earlier, I don't think it's about fear of not living up to parents' expectation or like don't want to see her parents' feelings hurt but it's more about snapping with all the pressures to be a good girl, etc. I agree that her husband is the one she actually loves but somehow I guess she just wants the bad boy type and somehow rebels from the good girl image. When she actually gets his attention and getting married, it isn't what she imagined so she just wants to seek happiness at other places. Since she's wacko can't blame for thinking a certain way though but honestly - how she blames her husband for always being away - but how is he going to support her and their kids if he's not working? He's not that good of a father but at least he tries more on how he actually plays with the kids when he gets home, etc. He's a jerk at times but he doesn't deserve death.