Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Korea's hip makeover changes face of Asia

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21
    I never said that you had to agree with me. This is a forum where people express their opinions, not to kiss others people's butt who think the same. Of course I think that my opinion means something but I'm not twisting your arm to think like me. You can find your dear Korean actors the most handsome Adonis in the world, I couldn't care less. I still think they look like girls or little boys and I sure am not a lesbian nor am I a pedophile, but that's MY opinion.

Of course Hollowood is full of plastic, I never said the contrary. I clearly said that I understand actors doing it but I find it sad that so many everyday Asians and especially Koreans feel so strong about plastic surgery. Don't tell me that white people do it too. Yes they do but the rate at which Asians are going under the knife is alarming (http://www.time.com/time/asia/covers...805/story.html).
    I read the article and I must say, it's really psychologically disturbing for me. The industries in each country are competing to see who has the better plastic surgeons. Our would has become invaded with plastic...
    Currently watching: --
    Anticipating: GOONG 2 (original), HYD (Korean), Palace Scheme, Grand Entreprenur

we all just want to look like the perfect aryan race.... Asians I mean. The tall nose, double lid eyes.... blah
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

hey does anyone know if people, by enhancing themselves with plastic surgery at very young age, effect how their children would look?
    Last edited by septembermoon16; 02-18-07 at 04:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar

I tell ya, Boa had surgery, no one believes me
    i believe you! a friend of mine told me that Boa's father is a plastic surgean, therefore she looks different all the time.
    Last edited by L4love; 03-28-07 at 04:47 PM.

BOA has some work done... only the fan boy refuse to see it... they own all of her CD and they haven't noticed how she look a bit different every time on the cover... compare her oldest CD to her newest one and see the drastic different... however i do like a couple of her song... she has that voice that sounds so upbeat... she sings alot of fast beat songs which fits her fine... If i have to pick a korean singer that i like it'll probably be Eugene... not that she's good and the best out of them all. but it just personal taste. Eugene is a mediocore singer/actress she's not great but she's doing it all lol.

Quote Originally Posted by septembermoon16
    hey does anyone know if people, by enhancing themselves with plastic surgery at very young age, effect how their children would look?
    The artificial beauty obtained from going under the knife doesn't get passed on to the next generation, that's for sure. In the future, some of their kids may wonder if they're adopted once they're old enough to notice how little they resemble their parents. I wouldn't be surprised if self esteem issues are magnified and then the plastic surgery trend continues from generation to generation.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

why this subject so fascinating to me i have no idea >.<
    ahh but it is interesting

so i heard that Hyoli Lee admit to having a nose job on an interview?
    i think the articles said that the interviewer asked her to imitate something, but she said she couldn't do it due to past surgery on her nose... (please correct me if this info is wrong)

i met a korean girl in one of my classes and she had surgery at 12. holy crap!!
    has it become so acceptable that parents are allowing their children to go under the knife at such a young age? and seriously how can you make such a decision at 12. either kids are growing up waaay faster today or something seriously wrong with our society.

Quote Originally Posted by warlock110 View Post
    BOA has some work done... only the fan boy refuse to see it... they own all of her CD and they haven't noticed how she look a bit different every time on the cover... compare her oldest CD to her newest one and see the drastic different... however i do like a couple of her song... she has that voice that sounds so upbeat... she sings alot of fast beat songs which fits her fine... If i have to pick a korean singer that i like it'll probably be Eugene... not that she's good and the best out of them all. but it just personal taste. Eugene is a mediocore singer/actress she's not great but she's doing it all lol.
    i know some koreans and she said that they put too much importance on looks.. they said that most of the population of the girls have gone under the knife

i dont think Boa has alot of surgery done like you said.. she looks different because of the way the photoshop picture was made..plus makeup..
    you think she gonna fix her nose, eyes, cheeks everytime her album comes out..i think she looks pretty natural compares to others..

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://kimagure007.up.seesaa.net/image/boa.jpg')boa isn't even original in her looks.. i swear, now she looks like hyori or eugene.
    Last edited by Sugar; 10-10-07 at 07:11 PM.

i hate people who dye their hair lol. my hair is jet black and i like to keep it like that... although u have to admit that the blond hair that they dye is much better looking than plain black... for me it's not worth it to dye my hair... and getting surgery is not what i want either (too risky)... however my hair is not spikey, i keep a decently long hair (not girly long, just longer than those with spiky hair)... i think the asian culture goes for the feminine looks because our genes doesn't make us look muscular (even for men)...

the korean pop culture = stealing from europe, that's where they got the style for dress/hair... it's european.. u go to eurpoe u see alot of it.
    Blond hair is not necessarily better looking than plain black..........to be honest, I find guys with plain black hair to be extra hot. =D

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    Blond hair is not necessarily better looking than plain black..........to be honest, I find guys with plain black hair to be extra hot. =D
    dye hair is not a a permanent thing.. people are bore with their style then wants to spice it up..but i think we look good with what we are born with.. i dye my hair throughout high school...it was awful... now i'm loving my purple black hair.. though some does look better with dye hair..

i personally do think dark hair is hotter but i do find blond guys hotter

Back to about Boa.. well it's just the styles now ..it's not really her fault that she kinda looks like Hyori lee.. in fact they both kinda look alike.. but Boa looks more innocent..of course..lolz

Quote Originally Posted by tuoimongmo2007 View Post
    Back to about Boa.. well it's just the styles now ..it's not really her fault that she kinda looks like Hyori lee.. in fact they both kinda look alike.. but Boa looks more innocent..of course..lolz
    Boa looks more innocent because she doesn't have assets to show off

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    BOA early day does not look anything like the one now, hyori i think has some work done but they've done it pretty well, she looks hot.

BOA early day does not look anything like the one now, hyori i think has some work done but they've done it pretty well, she looks hot.
    like what.. i heard she got her nose done..tha'ts it..

if her boobs were done.. i say it's a pretty darn good job ..

but we have yet to prove that..
    bc there were lots of rumors of Sung yuri having surgeries too but then she had her babies pics and her hs year pics and she looks the same ...

i heard korean actors gone under the knife alot.. more than we think

recently the scandal of Fly to the sky HWanhee got his nose done... i was so sad.. he looks uglier now than before.. he looks fine before... stupid enough to get a nose lift ..it's not like his nose is flat..

i dont know if u guys know this.. some of my old friends got their nose done.. i think plastic .. if it's cold weather.. it'll be green.. sometimes it may show because the skin is stretch.. kinda scary...lolz
    Last edited by tuoimongmo2007; 10-22-07 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post

Black hair is coming back in style comapare to about 5-10 years a go when most to all asians dyed their hair to that natsy brown/blond color. I's always perfere black hair. But yeah...black's coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by tuoimongmo2007 View Post
    like what.. i heard she got her nose done..tha'ts it..

if her boobs were done.. i say it's a pretty darn good job ..

but we have yet to prove that..
    bc there were lots of rumors of Sung yuri having surgeries too but then she had her babies pics and her hs year pics and she looks the same ...

i heard korean actors gone under the knife alot.. more than we think

recently the scandal of Fly to the sky HWanhee got his nose done... i was so sad.. he looks uglier now than before.. he looks fine before... stupid enough to get a nose lift ..it's not like his nose is flat..

i dont know if u guys know this.. some of my old friends got their nose done.. i think plastic .. if it's cold weather.. it'll be green.. sometimes it may show because the skin is stretch.. kinda scary...lolz
    Did Hwanhee admit? Got any of his before-after pics?Some ppl I know they have already quite good noses,but they want it even sharper and higher.They say that sharper and higher noses tend to make nostrils look smaller : actually,I sort of realised that their nostrils look ok for size but tend to stretch bigger by alot when they smile ...

The nose will be green in cold weather? Yuks ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I realised BoA has more chub on her face as well ...maybe that's also the reason why she looks more innocent

That's also the reason why lyf cannot be considered hot

Quote Originally Posted by Raenon View Post
    Did Hwanhee admit? Got any of his before-after pics?Some ppl I know they have already quite good noses,but they want it even sharper and higher.They say that sharper and higher noses tend to make nostrils look smaller : actually,I sort of realised that their nostrils look ok for size but tend to stretch bigger by alot when they smile ...

The nose will be green in cold weather? Yuks ...

I realised BoA has more chub on her face as well ...maybe that's also the reason why she looks more innocent

That's also the reason why lyf cannot be considered hot
    yes Hwanhee went on a show and admitted to having surgery bc it's so obvious..who couldn't tell that he had one.. he said that he always felt so insecure about his looks.. i wonder if he had things done before from the way he sounds.. i mean for a guy as hot as him and still feeling insecure..

as the the nose ...that's what i heard.. it's not really obvious that you can see the green but if your nose is really stretch you can tell somewhat bc the plastic or silicon is foreign object under your nose...

...on the other note i think if LYF has a perfect body too ..we would all ask why this world is so unfair!.. atleast she has some flaws..