Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Abuse of Moderator powers

I think denis did the right think by asking it before posting anything
    he did ask. if someone would tell him the approprate way to handle this there wouldnt be a ban on anyone. of course he should read the rules but 90% of the memebers dont read it anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Chen
    How is this handled for arbitration?
    from reading and to my understanding it was hkopinions that ask the question For example? to denis's statement, so he didnt do it intentionally. he put the post regarding ken's post to answer hkopinion's question. i dont see where the violation is for thie but there must be something else to it where he got 3 day ban that i dont know of.

if anything i see ken over reacting here.

"keep cool my baby" - conan o'brien
    Am i Crazy!?!?!?!
    [8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888]

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy8
    of course he should read the rules but 90% of the memebers dont read it anyways.

That is not an excuse.
    "A girl asked me if she should spent money to change the way she look, I told her that she should use it to change her personality instead."

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy8
    i dont see where the violation is for thie but there must be something else to it where he got 3 day ban that i dont know of.
    Yes, there is, but I don't want to discuss it until Dennis' ban is over and he can speak in his own defense.

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

I never knew there were ppl who dislike the mods so much. I think they are doing a great job and we should give them a round of applause. From what i read this is personal and shouldn't be here. end of story, dennis take it elsewhere, if i want fights and drama i got shows from TVB.

I agree.. this is more of a personal thing than criticizing the mods in general
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Thanks 4 answering my question.

And I agree with trizz.Good job!!MODs
    Fan of Raymond Lam,Jimmy Lin,Kelvin,Alex Fong,Bosco,and Joe Cheung

Don't study history....go and make it

Love is like war
    Easy to start
    Hard to end
    Impossible to forget

Lol, interesting..so did the person eventually get banned entirely?

Well my 2 cents is that requests and Netiquette shouldn't be bundled together. If he had bad Netiquette, then he should get "punished" for that (though I don't really think 3 days ban is necessary just for that, but it may have to do with the making 2 accounts thing), but his request should be looked at individually.

If the request is valid, then it should still be handled regardless of the individual. So what if a non-law abiding citizen came up with the notion that we should punish murderers? The idea is still correct, but we aren't going to enforce it just because the person who first thought up of the idea didn't present it well enough?

Disclaimer--I don't even know who this person who jumped off the ocean is, nor do I care much about what gets stickied in the wuxia forum, but I'm just talking about ideas in general.

TommyH
    Unregistered

I feel that it's partly my fault that this mess all began. The 'SPT jumped over no ocean' sticky started partly because of the confusion I had with SPT. And this confusion probably lead others to be confused as well. Then Ken created the sticky for fun and amusement. But I highly doubt he did this intentionally to use his powers absusingly.

Ken might have done wrong by stickying the SPT thread but Dennis is overreacting by posting the issue in public and making multiple accounts just to reply in this topic. These types of issues should be dealt with in public. Plus, Ken has been moderating for a long time and members never really complained about the way he moderated (for as long as I was in SPCNet anyways).

By the way is the 3-day period over? It seems like Dennis is not planning to reply...

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    I feel that it's partly my fault that this mess all began. The 'SPT jumped over no ocean' sticky started partly because of the confusion I had with SPT. And this confusion probably lead others to be confused as well. Then Ken created the sticky for fun and amusement. But I highly doubt he did this intentionally to use his powers absusingly.

Ken might have done wrong by stickying the SPT thread but Dennis is overreacting by posting the issue in public and making multiple accounts just to reply in this topic. These types of issues should be dealt with in public. Plus, Ken has been moderating for a long time and members never really complained about the way he moderated (for as long as I was in SPCNet anyways).

By the way is the 3-day period over? It seems like Dennis is not planning to reply...
    It was over like a month ago... and Dennis has been posting