Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Japanese Drama Recommendations

agreed.
    And GTO is definitely not depressing, it's heart-warming and err...touching....I guess...
    How about "It's a beautiful life"? Great storyline and a really really nice ending...corny, but nice
    Eric Bana= Hot
    Brad Pitt= GOD

Originally posted by KennyLeeJianSiong
    watching is better than just reading.
    yup absolutely right. THere's a big big different when you watching it. Can be more dramatical or less from what u've read 'cause it happened to me

Haven't seen Gakusen but i will, already have it for my collection so can't comment. I just bought some old doramas so far what i bought i like the story

Jap serials not to be missed, in my opinion.

Under A Roof 1 & 2
    OverTime
    News No Onna (Anchor Woman)
    Beauty or Beast
    Please visit the sites dedicated to the TV dramas, Mainland CCTV Xiao Ao Jiang Hu 笑傲江湖 and HK ATV Heroine of the Yangs 穆桂英 respectively. Thanks!!

Has anyone watched Kyumei Byoto 24 Ji Part 2? Literally translated, it means 'Emergency Room 24 Hours, Part 2'. It stars Yosuke Eguchi, (Yea, the big brother in 'Under the Same Roof' and Matsuyuki Yasuko. Not to forget Ito Hideaki as well, whom all of you might be familiar with....

It's a heartwarming drama which chronicles the life led by a team of emergency doctors. Anyone who hasn't watched it should start doing so now...
    -velvet_ice-
    "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schultz

If you're looking for a sweet modern love story, then you should go for Koi no Chikara (Power of Love) starring Eri Fukatsu & Shinichi Tsutsumi.

Fans of GTO (especially females), I highly recommend you all to watch Gokusen starring Yukie Nakama, Jun Matsumoto etc. A very nice, heart-warming, & funny school series with plenty of cute boys with attitudes.

Fans of detective + comedy should go for Remote starring Kyoko Fukada & Koichi Domoto from KinKi Kids. I like it a lot.

If you just looking for "delicious" dramas, then try Antique starring Hideaki Takizawa, Kippei Shiina etc or Lunch no Joou(Queen of Lunchtime Cuisine) starring Yuko Takeuchi, Satoshi Tsumabuki etc.

And recently, I fell in love with the extremely wacky, spooky, funny Trick series starring Yukie Nakama & Hiroshi Abe and the touching yet hilarious Satorare starring Joe Odagiri & Mayu Tsuruta. You all should try these 2 too.

Last but not least, take my advice, try to watch various type of Japanese series even when most of the actors are unfamiliar to you. It's a very healthy experience & you'll be surprised at the numbers of nice Japanese dramas that were unknown to most people.
    Last edited by emiko; 05-24-04 at 07:52 PM.

I'm currently watching the GTO, just wonder... well dunno how to say this.. but the bit where they showing all 'female flesh' as part of Onizuka's hobby is quite annoying. True his way was unconventional but.... a little yucky for me
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

I'm not too sure what's the title of the two series. It's about this rock star who looks pretty cold and emotionless in public, but at home, with his wife and her family, he's totally an idiot.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

the series you were talking about..Mukodono! & Mukodono 2003. The 1st version has Tomoya Nagase & Yuko Takeuchi as the lead. The 2nd version - Tomoya Nagase & Noriko Sakai. I like Mukodono 2003 better though
    L.O.V.E So Ji-Sub + Nanako Matsushima + Kim Ha-Neul + Joe Odagiri + Lee Dong-Gun

Kamisama Mou Sukoshi Dake is the best Japanese Dorama I've ever watched!!!! I recomend it to you who hasn't watch it yet.
    RDAK

Visit my simple site :
    CCTV's Legend of The Condor Heroes 2003

the furuhata ninzaburo series!
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

One more episode of GTO live-action and I'm done! I like the series, but I prefer the manga more of course.

Anyway... Is Summer Snow good? I'm torn between watching Summer Snow first or Long Vacation...

Definitely Long Vacation.
    玉木宏

blog

Default Japanese Drama recommendations

Hello,

I'm a fan of Korean TV series (have seen WS, ALS, SSOBG so far) and the more I watch, the more I want to watch. And I have realised that while watching them I got to learn a lot of stuff about the language.

I'm taking Japanese lessons and thought about watching Japanese series for this purpose. But I can not find ones with English subtitles on net (I tried but they just are not as easy to find as the Korean ones I guess).

I would appreciate any help on this matter, recommendation on the ones you like and especially on how to get legit subtitled copies.

Thank you so much in advance.

definitely furuhata ninzaburo series! great series!
    also, itazura na kiss. very funny! it's easy to understand because it's a light show.
    im not sure where to get those with subtitles though
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Exact same thread here: Japanese Drama Recommendations

Ice World, Over Time, Long Vacation and Beach Boys are my recommendations.
    Last edited by junny; 09-16-04 at 02:24 AM.
    玉木宏

blog

Thank you cherrie and junny

I apologize for not checking the subject beforehand and it is just the thread I'm looking for!

I like Young Papa (http://www.jdorama.com/drama.622.htm) and Overtime (http://www.jdorama.com/drama.313.htm). Son in-Law 2003 (http://www.jdorama.com/drama.680.htm) is also good. The only thing that makes Son in-Law 2003 imperfect is the lousy ending (I hate endings that does not address the problems post in the series).

Unhappy Helpp

hii guyss i need help. i just finished watch japanese drama and the title is 'lost in love', i reallllllly love the soundtract. so plss does anybody know the soundtrack or anybody can recommend me where to get that song plss?? plss help me.. thxxx

cheerz

Quote Originally Posted by eliza bennet
    Hello,

I'm a fan of Korean TV series (have seen WS, ALS, SSOBG so far) and the more I watch, the more I want to watch. And I have realised that while watching them I got to learn a lot of stuff about the language.

I'm taking Japanese lessons and thought about watching Japanese series for this purpose. But I can not find ones with English subtitles on net (I tried but they just are not as easy to find as the Korean ones I guess).

I would appreciate any help on this matter, recommendation on the ones you like and especially on how to get legit subtitled copies.

Thank you so much in advance.
    Eliza, u can check out Japan-tv as they do eng subs for Japanese dramas...its a great site. Really helps boost the vocab while watching. Their current project is Orange Days starring Kou Shibasaki and Satoshi Tsumabuki.

Just watch Pride - Takuya Kimura, highly recommended if you fans of him. the coolest japanese actor.

Virgin Road also a good story to watch, very touchy story about the relationship of father and daughter.

Itsumo Futari De - another new good drama of Matsu Takako...
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.