View Poll Results: Should the Chinese forgive the Japanese?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely not. What they did in the past was horrific!

49 33.33%
  • Yes. What's past is past, we should forget and move on...

73 49.66%
  • No opinion on this issue

25 17.01%
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Should the Chinese forgive the Japanese?

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriouX
    "Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it themselves." However that means taking lessons, not haboring past grudges and blames.
    Perhaps you are right, but perhaps what the Japanese will take out of it will be: "don't lose next time!"
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

I don't blame the Japanese as a whole. It was the military that caused such destruction and did bad things. The common people don't deserved to blamed IMO. So I'm not sure...
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Moinllieon
    Perhaps you are right, but perhaps what the Japanese will take out of it will be: "don't lose next time!"
    wot make u fink there b a next time?

when do u fink WW3 will start?

Quote Originally Posted by Gundam-Freedom

Who knows, with the way some things are going around the world, we can't be sure what kind of war WW3 will be. It can be a conventional war between countries, it can be a war of economy, it can be anything.

Hasn't WW3 already somewhat started? Only that it's a WW in the unconventional way.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Gundam-Freedom

I don't think there will be a next time per se. Not in the immediate future anyways. I don't see Japan occupying significant parts of China or Korea for a bit.

That said, 50 years from now, who knows?
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

I find it strange that people are saying that the Japanese have never apologized. Of course, don't take wikipedia as the absloute truth, but there are external links that go with the quotes. Some quotes link to the Ministry of Foreign affairs of Japan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ssued_by_Japan

Japan has acknowledged their atrocities a number of times.

Hating forever is not the way to recovery. Forgiveness is the gesture of a person at peace. In this current world climate, hate is not a thing we really want more of.
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

Haha, you know as they say God hates a loser.

Maybe it's history that hates a loser, next time maybe the Japanese will do it quiet and silent like instead of making it all loud and bloody. They enjoyed it too much and it got documented.

Heck, I could recommend a few ways to do it more efficiently.

The dumb, I didn't know but thank god it worked way.

Diseased blankets. Pox FTW.

The god forsaken backwater that nobody cares about people who believes in the wrong religion and has bad PR.

How many Chechens do you think there are left.

The nobody gives a krap about a landlocked nation with little to no natural resources to exploit, or it's too bloody expensive to ship resources over land that this place might as well be forgottened.

I too remember the Dinka. Who the **** are the Dinka?
    "I only scold dogs, not people."

no one has any right to say anything if they have never visited nanjing and witness the brutal acts of the japanese soldiers.

forgiveness is given to those who seek it, not those who deny or find excuses for their actions

Quote Originally Posted by pandamao
    forgiveness is given to those who seek it, not those who deny or find excuses for their actions
    Japan has issued statements about their role in these atrocities. It's not like the whole governmnet denies it. Check the links there.

But yeah, forgiving is a hard thing to do. But if one can find it in one's heart to forgive, then that is a good thing for the world.
    Last edited by JigSta; 08-15-06 at 12:51 AM.
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

Quote Originally Posted by JigSta
    Japan has issued statements about their role in these atrocities. It's not like the whole governmnet denies it. Check the links there.

But yeah, forgiving is a hard thing to do. But if one can find it in one's heart to forgive, then that is a good thing for the world.
    is this why they want to change the written truth in their history books?

Uh, have you been following the debate?

A very small group of ultra-right wing nut-jobs (think neo-nazis) wrote one textbook that was approved by the Japanese Board. This is one textbook out of hundreds of different textbooks. By last count, fewer than 0.1% of Japanese schools of the grade the textbook is intended for actually use the books, and most of those are small private schools. Only 1 public school in all of Japan actually use that book. Stuff it with the "change the written truth" crap ok? It's bad that there are nutjobs out there writing bad textbooks (hey, I wonder how many mainland history books cover the Great Leap Forward and the Cultural Revolution in detail?), but to make stupid claims like the one you just made is, well, stupid and counter-productive.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

It was 1 book. And it was continually rejected for quite a while. It's in the school list, but that doesn't mean schools have to use it.

Uh, have you been following the debate?

A very small group of ultra-right wing nut-jobs (think neo-nazis) wrote one textbook that was approved by the Japanese Board. This is one textbook out of hundreds of different textbooks. By last count, fewer than 0.1% of Japanese schools of the grade the textbook is intended for actually use the books, and most of those are small private schools. Only 1 public school in all of Japan actually use that book. Stuff it with the "change the written truth" crap ok? It's bad that there are nutjobs out there writing bad textbooks (hey, I wonder how many mainland history books cover the Great Leap Forward and the Cultural Revolution in detail?), but to make stupid claims like the one you just made is, well, stupid and counter-productive.
    ok ... sorry, since we obviously get our news from different sources .. let's not infer who's stupid and who isn't. i'll let this remark pass.

the media always covers the truth differently across borders. fortunately, i was in both Japan and Shanghai China when this happened (2005 - February - July) and saw both sides of the story.

Japan wanted to undermine some of the acts done, since they felt that it affected the images of their ancestors. they didn't want to erase the whole truth but modify it to their advantage. I am not sure what your view on this is, but I prefer the whole truth instead of a modified version regardless of where I am from or which country we are dealing with. Albeit United States probably attempted to hide the truth with Nam and War on Terror./Iraq. However, is this right, that depends on the spectator.

China's side. They were outraged and upset with the initial plan from Japan. Obviously, they didn't know the whole truth but was just upset with the little bit of information received. They rallied everyone and protested against this. They feel that, every single education system in Japan should only teach the truth. The Chinese didn't want the Japanese to start a trend of educating the newbies the altered truth. Yes, it may be one school, but this can progress ... and become the new trend.

With all this being said, I do hope I have redeemed myself from being labelled as stupid and counter-productive. In the future, I do hope you question where I am standing from and my news source before jumping to conclusions.

There are nut-heads in this world, but it only takes one to brain-wash the whole. I firmly believe there are people who are capable of Hitler's manipulation. We see it everyday in corporations (ie Enron with Ken Lay persuading Arthur Anderson to modify their accounting records).

Japan wanted to undermine some of the acts done, since they felt that it affected the images of their ancestors. they didn't want to erase the whole truth but modify it to their advantage. I am not sure what your view on this is, but I prefer the whole truth instead of a modified version regardless of where I am from or which country we are dealing with. Albeit United States probably attempted to hide the truth with Nam and War on Terror./Iraq. However, is this right, that depends on the spectator.

China's side. They were outraged and upset with the initial plan from Japan. Obviously, they didn't know the whole truth but was just upset with the little bit of information received. They rallied everyone and protested against this. They feel that, every single education system in Japan should only teach the truth. The Chinese didn't want the Japanese to start a trend of educating the newbies the altered truth. Yes, it may be one school, but this can progress ... and become the new trend.
    Since the approval of that particular text book, in 1989, only 1 public school and 4 private schools (which, let's be honest, the gov't has little control over) has used the books.

There is only 1 educational system in Japan, and they do teach the truth for the most part, far more than anywhere in the Chinese education system anyways.

With all this being said, I do hope I have redeemed myself from being labelled as stupid and counter-productive. In the future, I do hope you question where I am standing from and my news source before jumping to conclusions.
    Yes you have, I was too harsh in my words and I apologize. However, we have proven that your remark was counter-productive, we had to go over all these points again.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

I think most people have very little idea what truth is, we sort of muddle thru on rumor and hearsay. In popular taste tests, people tend to pick the sugary lie.

And the Japanese school make good workers from what I hear... is it still true.
    "I only scold dogs, not people."

Most people probably won't make a big fuss over this if it wasn't for the fact that the Japanese premier like to visit shrine where war-criminals are venerated.
    "A girl asked me if she should spent money to change the way she look, I told her that she should use it to change her personality instead."

Quote Originally Posted by JigSta
    Hating forever is not the way to recovery. Forgiveness is the gesture of a person at peace.
    Forgiveness can also be considered a gesture of a weak person, too weak to do anything about unfairness. In a dog-eat-dog world where the weak are controlled and/or swallowed by the dominant forces, any sign of weakness may awaken the greed in the dominant forces.

In this current world climate, hate is not a thing we really want more of.
    So the US should forgive the terrorists and move on? If one kills your father (or someone that you love) you should forgive her or not? And furthermore, if she gets away with murdering your loved one, should her child apologize for his parent's terrible action?
    Last edited by PJ; 08-22-06 at 10:45 PM.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    Forgiveness can also be considered a gesture of a weak person, too weak to do anything about unfairness. In a dog-eat-dog world where the weak are controlled and/or swallowed by the dominant forces, any sign of weakness may awaken the greed in the dominant forces.
    It's not that simple. You have to be flexible with your strategy. You have to know who you're dealing with and forgiving the right person is never a weak thing. Take a step back, there's a big blue sky.

So the US should forgive the terrorists and move on? If one kills your father (or someone that you love) you should forgive her or not? And furthermore, if she gets away with murdering your loved one, should her child apologize for his parent's terrible action?
    You're comparing two different things. The situation about the US and terrorists is a current state. It's an ongoing war. The terrorists have no intention to stop their actions to attack the US. Forgiving is out of the question. Japan is in the state of peace and is not a threat. Most of the people who committed the crimes are either cripple or not alive. But really forgiving the Japanese or not is not hurting the Japanese any but the one who's feeling it is the Chinese. There's no point in holding on to it but if the Chinese like to hold on to the suffering, angst and pain then be my guest.

let's be realistic....if someone slaps you and saying that they did it because you are a retarded yellow freak, do you turn the cheek and say slap me more because i forgive you?

NO! you don't!..you pick up a stick and beat the living crap outta the muddafukka...capiche??

although the jap/ chinese thing has been going on for decades...i don't see the majority of the people that do hate them changing their hearts and stop hating them.....imo just because those chinese people happen to be stubborn bastards

lack of education is to blame
    飄移