Thread: Gu Long Questions (Warning: possibly spoilers for some out there)

Default Gu Long Questions (Warning: possibly spoilers for some out there)

Again, warning, this may have spoilers.

I have just finished X11L series.
    Hoping some can help me answer my questions:
    1. How in the world did that last event happen? X11L was described as blending and dissapearing into the darkness. And it was as if he didn't use his blade to kill. It was as if he used some sort of invinicible energy to overwhelm. What really happened? I just don't get it.....
    3. Is Xiao Yiao Huo still the strongest to appear in the series?
    4. X11L said himself at most could take 200 stances from Xiao Yiao Huo and then would be defeated. However, each of the other Twin Sword old man + that evil girl- Xiao gong zhi said that X11L would be special if he were able to take 30 stances. So..... did X11L take 200 or 30 stances? There is a pretty big difference in skill level there....

Finished the Lu Xiao Feng series months ago:
    1. So who is Lu xiao Feng in the end with anyway? There is Oue Yang Ching. Then there is that girl in the 6th book that Lu Xiao Feng seemed to love. And in the last book, he seemed to be with "Beef Noodle Soup".
    2. In the 5th book, what happened to Yie Lin? I just remembered reading that she went off to save her "sister". But I don't remember the book telling us what happened later...
    3. In the 3rd book, the final battle one. What is it that everyone in the end was laughing about?

Dagger Lee Series: Finished the series a month ago:
    1. Lin Xian Er in the 1st book: How in the world did she get pregent only once? That is seriously just impossible seeing the way she acts.....(plz, no inappropriate answer on this one, I need a serious answer, it doesn't make sense)
    2. Did Yie Kai only use his dagger to kill once?
    3. Since Yie Kai is one generation below Li Xun Hwan, how come Li Xun Hwan's son didn't become famous? Apparently, Li Xun Hwun had a manual for his dagger's use. And Li Xun Hwan's grandson in the last book was also considered one of the strongest of his era.
    4. Who was Shanggwang Xiaoxian's husband(remember? she also had a daughter) Yie Kai(maybe he had 2 wives- DingLinLing and Shanggwang XiaoXian)?
    6. So.... Solar Apex Sword-Guo Songyang (Ranked #4) died just for nothing?
    7. Is Lu Di of Yie Kai's second book stronger than former rank #5? Because Lu Di trained his hand 7 years earlier that Lu Fengxian. And he also seems more intelligent in combat.
    9. What happened to Yie Kai's mother? Just sit there and lived the rest of her life?
    10. Is Fu Hong Xue's black blade learnt from the Devil Sect or from the White faimly?
    11. In the Tian Yian, Ming Yue, Dao book, I thought I heard someone rank Yiang Nan Fei as #1. How is he ranked #1 when Fu Hong Xue was able to beat him without much trouble?
    12. So this series was meant to be a tragedy for the Li faimly in the last book? (I already feel some pity for Shanggwang faimly)

I will be most happy if some people can help me out on these questions.
    Last edited by Whsie; 07-30-06 at 01:37 PM.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

ok, maybe I need to make something clear. I notice there are views on this thread. So... you DON'T have to answer them ALL at the same time...
    You can answer one or two at a time.
    But the point is, PLZZZ answer them.
    Last edited by Whsie; 07-30-06 at 02:05 AM.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚

One thing I've learned about Gu Long is that though you might have questions after finishing his books, the answers to those questions were probably not very important in his mind. His aim was to excite the spirit, convey the mood, and incite emotions.
    林家有女玉啄成
    嫣然巧笑艳冠人
    纤纤起舞随风动
    疑似飞燕又重生

What's the point if we can't discuss those stories?
    And though I realize it overall isn't important, but knowing those answers would definitely free some of the "worries" I have of interpreting who or someone.

I will answer what I can based on memory

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    Again, warning, this may have spoilers.

I have just finished X11L series.
    Hoping some can help me answer my questions:
    1. How in the world did that last event happen? X11L was described as blending and dissapearing into the darkness. And it was as if he didn't use his blade to kill. It was as if he used some sort of invinicible energy to overwhelm. What really happened? I just don't get it.....
    welcome to Gulong's world

2. Bing Bing or X11L never loved each other right? I never had the feeling that was the case.
    Nope, the only two women who really had some sort of "love" connection with X11L were SBJ and F4N

5. I was reading on another thread that the 2 girls died in the end..... they didn't die right? The 2 of them were saved and didn't have thoughts of suicide or anything like that. Plus suiciding is a thought that I don't think Fengshinian would have.
    I recalled neither died.

6. The obvious question, who did X11L end up with?
    GL left that to our imagination

3. In the 3rd book, the final battle one. What is it that everyone in the end was laughing about?
    Still trying to figure it out myself

Dagger Lee Series: Finished the series a month ago:
    1. Lin Xian Er in the 1st book: How in the world did she get pregent only once? That is seriously just impossible seeing the way she acts.....(plz, no inappropriate answer on this one, I need a serious answer, it doesn't make sense)
    Maybe she did pregnant more than once, but for all that we know... she only had a daughter, SGXS. It's Gu Long's world here, he doesn't tell us what is not necessary for the story.

3. Since Yie Kai is one generation below Li Xun Hwan, how come Li Xun Hwan's son didn't become famous? Apparently, Li Xun Hwun had a manual for his dagger's use. And Li Xun Hwan's grandson in the last book was also considered one of the strongest of his era.
    No idea, maybe someone who had read all the flying dagger series or other Gu Long's works can answer better, did GL mentioned LXH's son in FDYJFD ?

5. In the first book, did Tian Ji Old Man (Ranked #1 in the Weapon Book) lose all his martial arts? How would he be killed by #2 if he didn't?
    Probably didn't lose it all but it's just that SGJH had improved better than his wugong, because the rank was an old ranking.

8. Is Fu Hong Xue's blade faster than Yie Kai? I personally doubt it, but it there a true answer?
    Somehow YK has the advantage of distance by throwing his dagger.
    - WuxiaSociety.org (formerly known as wuxiamania forum) -

----- the society of global wuxia fans ----

I got the impression that the reason why Tian Ji Old Man lost was because he went to fight SGJH at his granddaughter's request, as opposed to of his own accord, and thus his heart wasn't sufficiently in it.

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey
    I got the impression that the reason why Tian Ji Old Man lost was because he went to fight SGJH at his granddaughter's request, as opposed to of his own accord, and thus his heart wasn't sufficiently in it.
    It was true that he went at his granddaughter's request and not at his own will.
    But I had the feeling that Yian Ji Old Man might have lost his martial arts (because he doesn't have the desire to combat anymore). But of course, what Temujin said made sense too. The weapon ranking was put up before Li Xun Hwun went out of jianghu for a while. And Lu Feng Xian also trained a new weapon during that time period. And Shangguanjinhong also improved saying something that he improved dramtically 7 years before. So.... I guess the ranking was outdated...

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    It was true that he went at his granddaughter's request and not at his own will.
    But I had the feeling that Yian Ji Old Man might have lost his martial arts (because he doesn't have the desire to combat anymore).
    I think the difference was in confidence. His grand-daughter mentions at one point that getting the top ranking means that you are always fearful of losing that ranking, then you start to avoid challenges and then you lose the will to compete. Just purely losing the edge (intent) which makes all the difference when skill levels are similar.