View Poll Results: Fav battle

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • TLBB - Royal rumble in Shaolin, inc just about all powerful chars

24 35.82%
  • TLBB - massacre in You manor, XF vs all who gathered to disguss killing him

9 13.43%
  • LOCH - 2nd meeting on zuixianlou in Jia Xing, featuring QZ, ZBT, HYS, OYF, GJ, QQR

1 1.49%
  • LOCH - 2nd Mt Hua Lun Jian

1 1.49%
  • ROCH - fight in Lu? manor, WuLin leader selection, inv GLFW+disciples, YG, GJ, XLN, YD disciples

4 5.97%
  • ROCH - XLN with '4' arms and later YG with 1 arm vs GLFW, 3 mongol lackies and 5 QZ elders

4 5.97%
  • HSDS - ZWJ rescueing Ming cult from extinction, against heroes of 6 righteous pacts

17 25.37%
  • HSDS - ZWJ vs ZM's 3 'servants' on Mt Wudang

5 7.46%
  • XAJH - LHC + Xiang Wentain vs pursuiters of both righteous and demonic origins

2 2.99%
  • XAJH - the battle for leader of 5 sects, Father and Son in Law with PXJP

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ur fav large battle scene in JY novel

Default Ur fav large battle scene in JY novel

+Others pls specify

To clarify,

I mean battles as in several fights of close proximity in novels, i.e. the fighting seems to go for ages and fill up a whole chapter.
    The main character does not have to be near their best, nor do they have to go against the most powerful enemies.
    Based on 5 main JY books, have not read other ones sorry, but welcomed to include in others.

TLBB royal rumble in shaolin

plus: the chaos in the end where the Dali and Han-China go to Liao to rescue Xiao Feng.

Quote Originally Posted by HuangYushi
    TLBB royal rumble in shaolin

plus: the chaos in the end where the Dali and Han-China go to Liao to rescue Xiao Feng.
    Although the Shaolin DGSD fight should have been the high point of the novel, I still feel quite let down by it. Non of the fights had any intensity or the level of detail found in some of JY's better fight descriptions. XF's fight description was probably the best of the lot but it didn't go on for long. DY's fight with MRF was just a long listing of MRF's different techniques with no real detailed description of his 6MSJ. XZ's fight wasn't even really told.

In fact, I found the level of detail in XZ vs JMZ much better.

I'd glady swap XZ and DY out of it and have XF take on all 3 goons by himself.

Yeah I wish the Shaolin fight had gone on a bit longer, with more arse-kicking from XF.

My favourite is the Brightness Peak battle where ZW defended the Ming cult while also saving face for the 6 schools and most importantly, resisting his urge to avenge his parents' death. An impossible battle to win, where you're not allowed to harm or even embarass your enemies, but he did it.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    My favourite is the Brightness Peak battle where ZW defended the Ming cult while also saving face for the 6 schools and most importantly, resisting his urge to avenge his parents' death. An impossible battle to win, where you're not allowed to harm or even embarass your enemies, but he did it.
    That's another scene I really like, but somehow it doesn't qualify as a "battle" to me because it's just Zhang Wuji against various individuals one-to-one. IMO a battle should be a many-sided all-out melee ... unless I am mistaken and yittz's original question is meant to cover one-to-one fights as well.

I really dig the battle towards end of ROCH when Jinlun Fawang goes head-to-head against East, South, Central's little bro, and the condors.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by HuangYushi
    That's another scene I really like, but somehow it doesn't qualify as a "battle" to me because it's just Zhang Wuji against various individuals one-to-one. IMO a battle should be a many-sided all-out melee ... unless I am mistaken and yittz's original question is meant to cover one-to-one fights as well.
    Yeah sorry, didnt use the right wording. What I mean is long fighting scenes - the real exciting bits that goes on and on, for us ppl who read it mainly for the kungfu. The battle on Mt Peak, also involved ZWj's grandfather vs Wudang heroes, but I forgot to put that in.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

i belive the best fight is the one with yg and five mongolian experts iat qz sect. because he won yet at the same time lost because of XLN's injuries. plus his suprising skills jumping in such a short time.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

mmm... not many LOCH and XAJH votes. I quite enjoyed the battle with LHC and XWT vs the rest

Why is the Battle of Xiang Yang excluded?

You get both Yang Guo and Guo Jing (and scores of other big names) bashing out on the same battlefield. It probably can't be compared to the Battle of the Red Cliffs but I'm sure it rivals Operation D-Day.

TLBB final chapter fight in Liao. Really mass battle concluding with the greatest martial arts feat in history.

ZWJ vs 6 major sects..

> TLBB - Royal rumble in Shaolin, inc just about all powerful chars

I only like this for the huge gathering of powerful martial artists. Just when you thought XF, XYS, MRB, JMZ are powerful, lo and behold, some low pathetic servant monk sweeping floors come by and bring it to another level.

> TLBB - massacre in You manor, XF vs all who gathered to disguss killing him

I like this. We see all various skills used to try and defeat Kiu Fung.

> LOCH - 2nd Mt Hua Lun Jian

I would say I would be intrigued with the first one more. Though we never knew what really occurred except the outcome.

> HSDS - ZWJ rescueing Ming cult from extinction, against heroes of 6 righteous pacts

This is probably my answer. Favorite scene of all time. If I do not watch other HSDS adaptations, I will still check out this Ming Peak fight.

Additionally, I like QQR facing the QZ 7 in LOCH (before GJ came).

QCJ Facing the 7 Freaks in early LOCH

Yang Guo facing the Mongolian hordes on QZ temple in ROCH (Just YG part only). Not Little Dragon Girl part.

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    I'd glady swap XZ and DY out of it and have XF take on all 3 goons by himself.
    So something similar to how Kiu Fung took on all three like portrayed in DGSD96?

Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    Additionally, I like QQR facing the QZ 7 in LOCH (before GJ came).
    That wasn't in the LOCH novel, but it was one of the better additions that TVB made to LOCH '82. Good battle that really showcased what Kau Cheen Yan, the Cheun Jen 5 Disciples (plus Wan Tze Ping and Chiu Tze Ging as replacement members), and 19-year old Gwok Jing could do. A fun battle to watch even if it was completely made up by TVB.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    I really dig the battle towards end of ROCH when Jinlun Fawang goes head-to-head against East, South, Central's little bro, and the condors.
    Showing support for your fellow hometown boy (close proximity)?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    That wasn't in the LOCH novel, but it was one of the better additions that TVB made to LOCH '82. Good battle that really showcased what Kau Cheen Yan, the Cheun Jen 5 Disciples (plus Wan Tze Ping and Chiu Tze Ging as replacement members), and 19-year old Gwok Jing could do. A fun battle to watch even if it was completely made up by TVB.
    Aww man, really?

I especially love the background music during the fight. It makes it more memorable.

That is one reason why I did not like Guo Jing coming in part, they stopped the background music, lol.

Guo Jing completely pwning the Quan Zhen students on his own, without causing any lethal injury! I think it was 98 students in 14 Big Dipper formations.
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardor
    Guo Jing completely pwning the Quan Zhen students on his own, without causing any lethal injury! I think it was 98 students in 14 Big Dipper formations.
    I am both impressed AND unimpressed by this scene. Sure, any time one man defeats nearly a hundred men singlehandedly, it's *really* impressive (in real life, it'd be damn near impossible). On the other hand, the level of competition wasn't that good (those low-level Cheun Jen Sect Taoists sucked), which diminishes the accomplishment somewhat.