Thread: Ingredients for "delicious smelling broth" - in a region stricken by famine?

Default Ingredients for "delicious smelling broth" - in a region stricken by famine?

Another goof up by Jin Yong?

When Cheung Mo Gei and little Yeung But Fui were en rout to Yeung Siu's home in the Kunlun Mountains after Gei Hiu Fu had been executed by her teacher Mit Jeut See Tai, they encountered that Gan guy and several others who had been healed by CMG after being poisoned/wounded by Granny Golden Flower. They were all in a famine-stricken zone where literally there wasn't so much as a blade of grass or a single leaf of a tree to eat in desperation. That's why Gan and the others were driven to resorting to cannibalism.

And yet, somehow, they were able to find ingredients for a "delicious broth" that Cheung Mo Gei spiked with poisonous mushrooms, killing his and YBF's captors and saving their own lives.

My question: if they're in a famine-stricken area with not a blade of grass to be eaten, how did they get ingredients for a "delicious broth," let alone poisonous mushrooms to be added to the mix?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Another goof up by Jin Yong?

When Cheung Mo Gei and little Yeung But Fui were en rout to Yeung Siu's home in the Kunlun Mountains after Gei Hiu Fu had been executed by her teacher Mit Jeut See Tai, they encountered that Gan guy and several others who had been healed by CMG after being poisoned/wounded by Granny Golden Flower. They were all in a famine-stricken zone where literally there wasn't so much as a blade of grass or a single leaf of a tree to eat in desperation. That's why Gan and the others were driven to resorting to cannibalism.

And yet, somehow, they were able to find ingredients for a "delicious broth" that Cheung Mo Gei spiked with poisonous mushrooms, killing his and YBF's captors and saving their own lives.

My question: if they're in a famine-stricken area with not a blade of grass to be eaten, how did they get ingredients for a "delicious broth," let alone poisonous mushrooms to be added to the mix?
    I guess even a tree bark would taste heavenly if you were that hungry...
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    I guess even a tree bark would taste heavenly if you were that hungry...
    similar to my analysis too ...

probably just the author's way of depicting how hungry they are and even just boiling water was irresistible with the thoughts of meat finally.
    Hatred is a curve blade. The harm we do to others, we also do to ourselves.

i tell you, some ppl argue for the sake of arguing.

That broth consisted of misc items they found, like grass or bark. It didnt smell nice or tasted great. It wasnt before ZWJ "praised" the broth that they "realize" that it was delicious.

But I agree with you that if they were that hungry, they would have taken the mushrooms as well, poisonous or not. So it is kinda strange that there were mushrooms around.
    You do know that it is just fiction, dont you?