View Poll Results: Guo Jing/Yang Guo v Zhang Sanfeng/Zhang Wuji - Which team wins?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guo Jing & Yang Guo

54 57.45%
  • Zhang Sanfeng & Zhang Wuji

40 42.55%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Guo Jing/Yang Guo v Zhang Sanfeng/Zhang Wuji

I'm not sure it can be fully interpreted as that. That just really says that she had 9 Yin Chi. "real key" is a single unit here and isn't a reference to whether it's true or complete 9 Yin chi. 9 Yin Shortcut chi is still 9 Yin Chi, just not all of it.

In the interest of melding it all though, we could say that the 9 Yin shortcut only has the yin portion. Or rather, I'm being led to believe now, the portion that ZZR had to practice was yin. This does make more sense since you're right about the shortcut portion being technique now that I think about it.
    Last edited by ChronoReverse; 08-07-06 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Well, lots, frankly (which is the problem). The inner power gains of the complete 9 Yum Jen Ging were said to be perpetual. Gwok Jing was literally becoming more powerful in his sleep every night. Thirteen years after the end of ROCH, when he finally died, goodness knows how powerful he was.

Yeung Gor, at the end of ROCH, had not yet mastered Dook Goo Kau Bai's sword techniques to the No Sword level, but he was only about thirty-six years old...still a young man by most measures of human age. If he lived to be an old man, his growth potential was still not nearly fulfilled at the end of ROCH.

But did either of them really advance much beyond what we saw at the end of ROCH? Unknown.
    Yeah, GJ could have kept increasing power because of 9yin, but ZWJ had the same access to the same 9yin in addition to already having 9yan. I just think it's interesting to think of how powerful 9yin&9yan would be because the triology was based around both martial arts and they were meant to be the most poweful.

With regards to YG, I don't think he'll ever reach Dook Goo's levels. JY himself said that YG had more internal energy than Ling Huchon but YG had lesser swordsmanship than Ling because he didn't have access to Dook Goo's sword fighting techniques. YG basically learned 1/2 of Dook Goo's abilities and therefore he won't reach the level that Dook Goo did. Also, YG had a great understanding of martial arts but he never struck anyone as being a genius in swordsmanship.

He could always go back to his valley and start hunting snakes again. Yet another what if with some significant results =)

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    他只道玄冥神掌的寒毒尚未驱尽,不住的加力施为,哪想到他每送一分九阳真气过去,便消去了周芷若苦苦练得的一分九阴真气

I'm assuming your computer can decipher chinese.

I'm not suggesting that 9 yin may trully be yin based, but I'm just suggesting that there is that possibilty. If it says 9 Yin Real Chi, I'm thinking that it must be the original. Afterall, the unorthodox arts that ZZR learned were the external arts, not the internal.
    Good quote, I think that shows exactly that 9yin is a yin/cold form of energy while 9yan is a yan/hot form of energy. Also, JY never once said that ZZR's energy was yin based simply because she took a shortcut. I think in terms of the shortcut that ZZR took, it was learning something like 9yin bone claw instead of something much deeper like the dipper formation.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse
    He could always go back to his valley and start hunting snakes again. Yet another what if with some significant results =)
    Those gall bladders were amazing. Did YG keep eating them after XLN jumped off the mountain? I would think that the bladder's benefits would plateau eventually, otherwise YG would have been much powerful than he was if he had 16 years of those gall bladders and they were still as potent as before.

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Wudi
    Those gall bladders were amazing. Did YG keep eating them after XLN jumped off the mountain?
    They were pretty rare stuff. I think the ones that the Divine Condor supplied to Yeung Gor immediately after the latter got his arm chopped off were the only ones ever available to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    They were pretty rare stuff. I think the ones that the Divine Condor supplied to Yeung Gor immediately after the latter got his arm chopped off were the only ones ever available to him.
    That would have been awesome if he had ate them for 16 years. Maybe he would have become like a Super Saiyan and there'll be no discussion of who's more powerful. BTW, do you read Tin Ha, the comic that the movie/series stormriders are based on? In the TTinHa comics, the essenses of the phoenix and dragon can boost one's powers exponentially, and the YG"s gallbladders remind me of them.

YG wasn't in the valley ever since he left it. He trained at the south sea against the waves and roamed wulin. Therefore I don't believe he did catch and eat anymore of them.

I would've raised more of them a la OYF and eat them as snacks. I'd probably start glowing in the dark after a few years XD

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse
    YG wasn't in the valley ever since he left it. He trained at the south sea against the waves and roamed wulin. Therefore I don't believe he did catch and eat anymore of them.

I would've raised more of them a la OYF.
    I think YG didn't eat more gallbladders for the same reason that ZWJ didn't learn 9yin&9yan, he would have become way too powerful for the story since those gallbalders boosted his internal energy by 30yrs or so in the span of 3 weeks.

Of course, plot points always trump all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Wudi
    That would have been awesome if he had ate them for 16 years.
    He would either

a). Be challenging Superman to fights

or

b). Experience the most hellacious case of heartburn ever, followed by the most hellacious case of diarrhea ever.

I choose Zhang Sanfeng/Zhang Wuji but it would be a very close match. Didn't Jin Yong single out Zhang Sanfeng in an interview as one of the best martial artist in his novels?

Anyway, the Zhang team has the superior 9 yang powerbase that puts them over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by munenori View Post
    I choose Zhang Sanfeng/Zhang Wuji but it would be a very close match. Didn't Jin Yong single out Zhang Sanfeng in an interview as one of the best martial artist in his novels?

Anyway, the Zhang team has the superior 9 yang powerbase that puts them over the top.

Z3F was said to be THE most well-rounded fighter. I think thats how it was phrased.

Quote Originally Posted by munenori View Post

9 Yang = 9 Yin in terms of peak, so I don't see how it has a "superior powerbase."

Quote Originally Posted by KyNeS View Post
    I hate making these kinda comparisons. But i know yang guo>zhang wuji for sure. Zhang Wuji was around par with Zhou Ziruo (and even found her jiu yin zhen jin hard to manage) . Yang guo's daughter I remember came out in the later half of yi tian tu long ji and easily defeated (it wasn't even a comparison) zhou zhiruo with the fully learned zyzj learned with the internal cultivation as well as the external. Furthermore we can also assume that yang guo would be stronger than his daughter or atleast as strong. Also Guo Jing has cultivated jiu yin zhen jin for such a long time that you would think he would have the ability to easily defeat ZWJ too. Zhang sanfeng is a hard to judge character. Not too sure how he could do but I would think he would go down too.

And also Cheung Mo Gei =ZWJ right? Just a question, I don't know canto
    ZWJ is not on the same level at ZZR!!!! He is several levels above her, please dont draw conclusion based on the adaptations. They like to portray ZZR as strong as ZWJ. But is stated in the novel that even after 9 yin, she was belove the wudan heroes.

And the yellow dress lady is not YG's daugther, unless she is like 100 years old.

All we know is that yellow lady > ZZR. Hard to say how strong she was, because ZZR is actually so weak.

WTH!!!

My browser showed this post as the latest!!! So I commented it. I turns out to be super old!!!
    Last edited by AnhHung; 09-08-08 at 06:41 AM.
    You do know that it is just fiction, dont you?

ZZR is so weak. I always cringe when they make it look as if ZWJ=ZZR.

The YTTLJ dramas have always f..ked up the novel by portraying people like ZZR or that Yellow-dressed chick to be at least as powerful as ZWJ and ZSF (?!?!). I usually have to skip the fighting scenes involving those fake $h!t to keep myself from fire deviation.

For the topic of this thread: Zhang Sanfeng + Zhang Wuji > Guo Jing + Yang Guo. Zhang Sanfeng's Taiji understanding is super profound, his internal power is at least on the same level as Guo Jing's, so he can use Taiji techniques to drive Yang Guo's palm force towards Guo Jing's @$$. Similarly, Zhang Wuji can use Qian Kun Da Nuo Yi and Taiji techniques to change the direction of Guo Jing's Dragon Subduing Palms sending them towards Yang Guo's @$$. GJ and YG will injure each other and be killed.
    Last edited by wuyuejin; 09-08-08 at 09:23 AM.
    日暮乡关何处是?烟波江上使人愁。

Quote Originally Posted by wuyuejin View Post
    The YTTLJ dramas have always f..ked up the novel by portraying people like ZZR or that Yellow-dressed chick to be at least as powerful as ZWJ and ZSF (?!?!). I usually have to skip the fighting scenes involving those fake $h!t to keep myself from fire deviation.
    It's hard to do this accurately because the fact that Chow Chi Yerk was not as powerful as she appeared was told through the third-person omniscient narrator (Jin Yong), which doesn't exist in a television series or movie (unless it's really, really corny). By all appearances, Chow Chi Yerk must seem to the other characters (and thus, to the audience) to be as powerful as Cheung Mo Gei, even though she in fact is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    It's hard to do this accurately because the fact that Chow Chi Yerk was not as powerful as she appeared was told through the third-person omniscient narrator (Jin Yong), which doesn't exist in a television series or movie (unless it's really, really corny). By all appearances, Chow Chi Yerk must seem to the other characters (and thus, to the audience) to be as powerful as Cheung Mo Gei, even though she in fact is not.
    But they realized how much she sucks when she wasnt even able to enter the Demon subduing circle. They commented that ZWJ must have let his guard down during their fight; something about him not able to forget past love bla bla. So the adaptation could easily correct the impression of ZZR, but they choose not to because its more dramatic. Siigghh
    You do know that it is just fiction, dont you?

Especially in the Alec Su HSDS, they made it look as if ZWJ and ZZR are each taking half of the circle's power.