View Poll Results: Guo Jing/Yang Guo v Zhang Sanfeng/Zhang Wuji - Which team wins?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guo Jing & Yang Guo

54 57.45%
  • Zhang Sanfeng & Zhang Wuji

40 42.55%
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Guo Jing/Yang Guo v Zhang Sanfeng/Zhang Wuji

Post Guo Jing/Yang Guo v Zhang Sanfeng/Zhang Wuji

Guo Jing/Yang Guo v Zhang Sanfeng/Zhang Wuji

Which duo wins?
    ..ext88

Maybe nobody. If there were ever a battle with a very strong possibility that all participants end up dead, this would be it.

the other forum vote for this was 9:1 for this poll.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    the other forum vote for this was 9:1 for this poll.
    Wow, that's incredible.
    ..ext88

9:1 in favor of whom? The Gwok/Yeung Team?

I can't fathom how it could be a landslide victory for either side. From my perspective, this is the ultimate close match.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    9:1 in favor of whom? The Gwok/Yeung Team?

I can't fathom how it could be a landslide victory for either side. From my perspective, this is the ultimate close match.
    YG/GJ had 9. ZWJ/Z3F had 1.

It's apparent that YG/GJ side for the other forum. I think the reason is that Z3F is too old while ZWJ lacks experience. YG/GJ on the other hand are both in their peaks with enough experience. In terms of martial art, I would rate these 4 as the top 4 of the Greats in the Trilogy, but GJ/YG side seemed to have the advantage due to a better balance in experience and age, though the 2 side's arts are virtually equal.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚

That sounds reasonable enough, although Cheung Mo Gei's 9 Yeung Jen Ging power is pretty fearsome.

Gwok Jing and Yeung Gor for the win, then. But it'll be close.

well, JY practically just made ZWJ, Z3F, GJ, YG all have equal internals in the 3rd edition of HSDS, so apparently no side has a internal advantage. And in martial arts, both sides are pretty balanced. So the match naturally would be decided by the side factors- endurance, experience, age, fighting ability factors which YG/GJ side has the better balance.

It's apparent that YG/GJ side for the other forum. I think the reason is that Z3F is too old while ZWJ lacks experience. YG/GJ on the other hand are both in their peaks with enough experience. In terms of martial art, I would rate these 4 as the top 4 of the Greats in the Trilogy, but GJ/YG side seemed to have the advantage due to a better balance in experience and age, though the 2 side's arts are virtually equal.
    Where's Zhou Botong? He's no easy meat.
    ..ext88

Quote Originally Posted by Extremer88
    Where's Zhou Botong? He's no easy meat.
    You mean ZBT in my Trilogy Great Ranking? ZBT was #7. #5 was WCY. #6 was JLFW 100% confiedent able to fight up to his full ability.

You mean ZBT in my Trilogy Great Ranking? ZBT was #7. #5 was WCY. #6 was JLFW 100% confiedent able to fight up to his full ability.
    Jinlun Guoshi above Zhou Botong???
    ..ext88

Quote Originally Posted by Extremer88
    Jinlun Guoshi above Zhou Botong???
    well, note that I did say JLFW fighting with 100% confiedence which JLFW rarely does.

well, note that I did say JLFW fighting with 100% confiedence which JLFW rarely does.
    Either way, I doubt JLGS is better than ZBT.
    ..ext88

Z3F is The Man!!

However, ZWJ is also the only guy who can instantly learn his opponent's moves (which I also think is also a pretty ridiculous ability) so he might up catch up pretty quickly.
    I thought that ZWJ has the best internal power from the way that his abilities were described in the novel. From the way that JY wrote about 9yan internal powers, it seems to be the most poweful internal energy, as it's a constanly increasing, bottomless pit of energy. The 9yan power made him learn any martial arts in a couple of minutes, increase the powers of people who were healing him with their internal energy, and instantly deflect even suprise attacks with bladed weapons. I thought it was a little overboard how much one can do with 9yan, especially the part about him making people healing him more powerful. In terms of technique I would rank Z3F the highest since JY himself said that he is the greatest martial artist in his books. Z3F might not be the greatest fighter because of his age but in the novel his understanding of martial arts is described to be unparalled. I would rank GJ 2nd in technique, YG 3rd, and ZWJ last. However, ZWJ is also the only guy who can instantly learn his opponent's moves (which I also think is also a pretty ridiculous ability) so he might up catch up pretty quickly
    Last edited by Ken Cheng; 08-06-06 at 04:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Wudi
    ZWJ is also the only guy who can instantly learn his opponent's moves (which I also think is also a pretty ridiculous ability) so he might up catch up pretty quickly
    It's an incredible ability and one that served Cheung Mo Gei very well during HSDS, but I don't know if it'd work against Gwok Jing or Yeung Gor because Cheung Mo Gei never fought anyone remotely near that caliber during HSDS.

tropical country Singapore :D banana country

yg and gj wins!
    lollipops&raindrops (:

'love me for me' ;D
    'you make me smile'
    'i love you, you idiot' o.0
    FEEL THE LOVE <3

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    It's an incredible ability and one that served Cheung Mo Gei very well during HSDS, but I don't know if it'd work against Gwok Jing or Yeung Gor because Cheung Mo Gei never fought anyone remotely near that caliber during HSDS.
    I would think that the 3 shaolin monks at the end are of the that caliber based on the way that they were described. Supposedly, it would take the combined efforst of ZWJ and Z3F to beat the 3 monks because they worked perfectly in unison. It's kinda like how Wong Chongyang's 7 disciples were equivalent to one great except that the 3 monks were individually much better than the 7 and also worked better as a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Wudi
    I would think that the 3 shaolin monks at the end are of the that caliber based on the way that they were described. Supposedly, it would take the combined efforst of ZWJ and Z3F to beat the 3 monks because they worked perfectly in unison. It's kinda like how Wong Chongyang's 7 disciples were equivalent to one great except that the 3 monks were individually much better than the 7 and also worked better as a team.
    The collective might of Dao Ngak, Dao Geep, and Dao Ngan could conceivably equal that of an ROCH Great, but multi-person formations have an inherent exploitable weakness that a single great fighter doesn't: the weakest link problem. Cheung Mo Gei had all kinds of trouble with the Shaolin senior trio, but understood that the key to defeating them would be to attack their weakest link and break their formation. Once the weakest link is down and the formation is broken, it's just a matter of time.

That's harder to do against a single great fighter. There is no "weakest link," per se; you need to identify and capitalize on weaknesses in his technique. Against an ROCH Great, it'd be extremely difficult for Cheung Mo Gei (who might outclass them slightly in inner power, but only match them at best in techniques and suffer a tremendous disadvantage in battle experience and fighters' mental affinity) to identify and then exploit any weaknesses.

I hate making these kinda comparisons. But i know yang guo>zhang wuji for sure. Zhang Wuji was around par with Zhou Ziruo (and even found her jiu yin zhen jin hard to manage) . Yang guo's daughter I remember came out in the later half of yi tian tu long ji and easily defeated (it wasn't even a comparison) zhou zhiruo with the fully learned zyzj learned with the internal cultivation as well as the external. Furthermore we can also assume that yang guo would be stronger than his daughter or atleast as strong. Also Guo Jing has cultivated jiu yin zhen jin for such a long time that you would think he would have the ability to easily defeat ZWJ too. Zhang sanfeng is a hard to judge character. Not too sure how he could do but I would think he would go down too.

And also Cheung Mo Gei =ZWJ right? Just a question, I don't know canto