View Poll Results: what's ur favourite language of songs?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • English

19 21.11%
  • Chinese

40 44.44%
  • Korean

15 16.67%
  • Japanese

9 10.00%
  • Thai

5 5.56%
  • Other

2 2.22%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Songs in what language?

i listen to a lot of different languaged song
    i can always make you smile!!!

Chinese + English mostly. A lot of my friends who don't speak Japanese/Korean listen to songs in those languages, but I always thought you wouldn't get the whole picture if you didn't understand the lyrics and was just randomly singing along to the sounds.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    Chinese + English mostly. A lot of my friends who don't speak Japanese/Korean listen to songs in those languages, but I always thought you wouldn't get the whole picture if you didn't understand the lyrics and was just randomly singing along to the sounds.
    I don't understand Cantonese but I love the old TVB theme songs. Maybe I get the sense of the song through the intro images?
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

i love chinese songs most, japanese comes nest, followed by korean and english.

chinese songs for me.. followed by korean and english...

Language is not a problem for me. Only music matters.
    E'Mei Mountain is an amazing place.

i prefer chinese songs....mando and canto...both are nice
    Always support Huang Yu Rong!
    永遠支持黃玉榮 .^_^.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Currently watching: FYDXX, great drama so far and Jimmy is cool^^

Chinese.... definately.... but NO way canto... yeah i speak canto more than mando but mainland are much better than taiwan and hong kong. Not to be racist of anything, but i cant stand jap and korean music... i even like 'first love' in chinese better than jap but thats only my opinoin.
    Sometimes it's hard to love someone because you're so afraid of losing them.

I was watching a Morning Musume video with my friend the other day, and despite the fact that my friend is Japanese and could understand what they were singing about, we both felt like paedophiles for watching the video (because the girls were so cute-sy) even though the Morning Musume girls were all older than us, haha.

But back on track, I like German music, and mostly English, because you can understand what they're singing. I like some J-Rock as well, like Plastic Tree, Dir En Grey and Psycho Le Cemu as well as some J-Pop like Ayumi Hamasaki. I love Ayumi Hamasaki songs but I think the language barrier is slightly problematic. Overall, I like English the most though, for obvious reasons.
    I am human and I need to be loved just like everybody else does.

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalis
    I was watching a Morning Musume video with my friend the other day, and despite the fact that my friend is Japanese and could understand what they were singing about, we both felt like paedophiles for watching the video (because the girls were so cute-sy) even though the Morning Musume girls were all older than us, haha.

But back on track, I like German music, and mostly English, because you can understand what they're singing. I like some J-Rock as well, like Plastic Tree, Dir En Grey and Psycho Le Cemu as well as some J-Pop like Ayumi Hamasaki. I love Ayumi Hamasaki songs but I think the language barrier is slightly problematic. Overall, I like English the most though, for obvious reasons.
    You listen to German music? Can you give some examples?

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by girllikeme
    Chinese.... definately.... but NO way canto... yeah i speak canto more than mando but mainland are much better than taiwan and hong kong. Not to be racist of anything, but i cant stand jap and korean music... i even like 'first love' in chinese better than jap but thats only my opinoin.
    re-makes song r horrible IMO!

e.g Korean -> Cantonese = I don't mind signers singing other signers songs at least they use their own styles however re-makes songs r exactly the same style but in a foreign languages

Quote Originally Posted by Gundam-Freedom
    re-makes song r horrible IMO!

e.g Korean -> Cantonese = I don't mind signers singing other signers songs at least they use their own styles however re-makes songs r exactly the same style but in a foreign languages
    Yeah i hate cantonese singers and songs.... they are so bad at singing... well at least most of them. Nah... some remakes are better than the original... like on super girls... even though shang wen jie isnt that good at singing, she sang first love WAY better than the original version.

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

Yeah i hate cantonese singers and songs.... they are so bad at singing... well at least most of them.
    u know spcnet members!

as long it's Cantonese, Korean or Japanese they don't admit it's bad (same goes to TVB, kdrama, Mainland China etc)

im only into mainland.... they are much better

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

im only into mainland.... they are much better
    u admit not all cantonese singers can sing! so ur taste is better then most ppl on this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Gundam-Freedom
    u admit not all cantonese singers can sing! so ur taste is better then most ppl on this forum
    lol its not just taste... seriously.... u hear the HK singers. Cd & live... like a total big difference..... such a big difference. CD, its all nice, etc. but when its live, its out of tune, the voice is different, and the appearance is only average.

i dont like singers who dont sing live!!! as i said, its ok for me if they get out of tuned at times but at least they do not deceive the audience by saying they sing live but actualy jus lipsynced it...

i prefer chinese songs (mandarin esp) , japanese, korean ost n some canto ( onli ost usualy, coz they become better if u hav watched the series) english is ok at times, n filipino too (altervative type lik rivermaya n hale)

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21
    You listen to German music? Can you give some examples?
    Well, I don't listen to it TOO much, but I just listen to some Rammstein and Funker Vogt from time to time. Funker Vogt is a really cool band, so, if you like Deutsch techno sort of thing, you might like them.
    I am human and I need to be loved just like everybody else does.

lol its not just taste... seriously.... u hear the HK singers. Cd & live... like a total big difference..... such a big difference. CD, its all nice, etc. but when its live, its out of tune, the voice is different, and the appearance is only average.
    lol same goes for some Mainland singers too though. Particularly certain actress-turned-singers...

I still think language is important...I mean, lyrics are part of the song, and it's nice if you can understand them.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalis
    Well, I don't listen to it TOO much, but I just listen to some Rammstein and Funker Vogt from time to time. Funker Vogt is a really cool band, so, if you like Deutsch techno sort of thing, you might like them.
    Do you understand German?