View Poll Results: Who's child will do best with MA?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • XF

9 26.47%
  • XZ

0 0%
  • DY

3 8.82%
  • GJ

1 2.94%
  • YG

12 35.29%
  • ZWJ

5 14.71%
  • LHC

0 0%
  • SPT

1 2.94%
  • WXB

2 5.88%
  • Other - please list

1 2.94%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's main character's child will do the best in martial arts.

Default Who's main character's child will do the best in martial arts.

So what do you think? Discuss

Based on the teaching abilities, the arts they worked with, their genes, their likely intel/commitment (based on parent).

Notes:
    For GJ: it will be one of GX, GPL, GF - really the only one we have a vague idea how they progressed with MA
    For XF and other characters who died: assume they didn't

Assume they do have children of course (lets assume XLN at 40yo does not bear a child with deformities)
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Will go with Duan Yu

He knows 6MSJ, LBWB, is smart and is the Dali emperor, his wife WYY knows the martial arts of virtually all the sects so she has to be very smart too. Good genes

Quote Originally Posted by The Khan
    Will go with Duan Yu

He knows 6MSJ, LBWB, is smart and is the Dali emperor, his wife WYY knows the martial arts of virtually all the sects so she has to be very smart too. Good genes
    She was his cousin... So genes may not be in their favor...

I'd go with XF because both himself and his father were top class martial artists...
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Gotta go with Xiao Feng as well. Both father and son were naturals; no reason to believe that grandson wouldn't be as well.

I am more with YG and XLN because their children would most likely inherit the best parts. And XLN seems to be a good teacher and Yang Guo is very intelligent.

The poll must include YG and XLN since we actually do see one of their descendants in HSDS--the yellow girl surpassed ZWJ and all the other characters. SInce YG and XLN basically had the best skills of most of the greats, the children are MA masters.

DY--I doubt it since he doesn't really care for MA and most likely he would teach his kids very little. He prefers to chase ladies then learn MA.

TommyH
    Unregistered

YG and XLN are both top class martial artists and they have deep knowledge in powerful martial arts. Their child would probably learn quick and fast. Maybe he/she could reach Great-level by age 20.

Quote Originally Posted by hkopinions
    The poll must include YG and XLN since we actually do see one of their descendants in HSDS--the yellow girl surpassed ZWJ and all the other characters. SInce YG and XLN basically had the best skills of most of the greats, the children are MA masters.

DY--I doubt it since he doesn't really care for MA and most likely he would teach his kids very little. He prefers to chase ladies then learn MA.
    Where did you get that the yellow dressed girl surpassed ZWJ? There was no evidence of that at all. ZWJ could have destroyed ZZR too but he had too much feelings for her to do so. No one in the book mentioned anything remote to something like "that yellow dressed girl is even more powerful than ZWJ".

I thought I remembered reading a line where ZWJ stated something that her techniques are above his or this could be from a series.

Anyway, she defeated ZZR in so little stances, I doubt ZWJ could have done so even without emotions.

I am voting for ZJB (ZSF) and GX's child if only they got together. That kid would have access to 2/3 of 9 Yang, tai chi, various top notch skills from his/her mom, grandparents and great grandparent, the brain of the mom, the talent and long life gene from the dad as well as the heaven's sword.

Quote Originally Posted by hkopinions
    I thought I remembered reading a line where ZWJ stated something that her techniques are above his or this could be from a series.

Anyway, she defeated ZZR in so little stances, I doubt ZWJ could have done so even without emotions.
    Are you talking about a TV adaptation? In the Novel, ZWJ recognized Z3F as being at a higher level than himself and also said that the 3 shaolin monks were equivalent to him. ZWJ was a pretty humble guy so I think he would have said that the yellow girl was a higher level if she really was. When ZWJ fought ZZR at the Shaolin temple, he could have beaten her on the first very exchange. ZZR knew that she wouldn't have beaten him on the first exchange anyway, so she tricked ZWJ into withdrawing his energy and hurting himself instead. ZZR was not really that powerful, it was just the 9yin claws were very unorthodox and surpising to people who've never seen anything like it. The 2nd wudong uncle of ZWJ would have killed her the first time they fought even though he would have died too. If ZRR had fought the Wudong uncles of ZWJ again, they would have beaten her easily. Since the yellow girl already knew about the moves of the 9yin claw, it's really no surprise that she beat her easily. Even after the yellow girl made her two appearances, ZWJ and Z3f were still recognized as the two greatest martial artists by everyone else so I really don't think that the yellow girl had surpassed ZWJ at all.

GJ's kid (GX...though it's probably most of HR's genes that are helpful instead of GJ's :P)...hey, she founded an entire famous school of martial arts!

otherwise, i'd go with YG & XLN.

i'd go with XF too, but depending on who the mother is...there may only be 50% chance the kid will turn out as well as XF :P

GX is okay but we don't really know her MA other than finding Emei. However, she would never measure up to her father or a Great. Probably more like her mother--or a bit better.

We better look at YK's son YG. YK and his wife were nothing spectacular (especially his wife) but look at their son. It's hard to imagine what the kids would turn out to be.
    Last edited by hkopinions; 08-07-06 at 03:06 PM.

I see that many people are picking YG and XLN's child but what if their child ends up with the worst genese of both parents like Gwok Fu? For example, the child could have the bad temper/pettiness of YG and nonchalance/reluctance to think like XLN. Would such a person amount to much?

Also, I'm not impressed by Gwok Xiang either even though she's supposedly the best of GJ/HR's children. She was obsessively in love with someone that she had no chance with, and wasted decades of her life just searching for news of him. If you knew of anyone like that, would you consider her anything but a loser? Even when she started her own sect, it was far below Z3f's Wudang sect in terms of martial arts and reputation. ZRR's master, Mi Chi nun, was probably the worst person in DSHS which probably means that Gwok Xiang's disciple wasn't much better. If Gwok Xiang's disciple was a better person, then Mi Chi wouldn't have been so evil. I'm a big fan of GJ/HR and I think that it's really sad that none of their children amounted to much. It'll be great if JY writes a sequel about a grandchild of GJ/HR that survived so that they can have a better legacy than what they have right now.
    Last edited by Wu Wudi; 08-07-06 at 03:27 PM.

I think many people picked YG/XLN because of the appearance of their descendant in HSDS as the yellow dress girl.

Yeah, GX is a likeable character but her MA shouldn't be all great. Remember YG's parents weren't great either. GJ's parents were definately low class fighters (both moms didn't know any MA--YK and GJ).

I was deciding between XF and YG.
    XF's kid is unknown whether or not would be the same fighting talent as him.
    YG's is also unknown. But strictly looking at martial arts only, I'm more toward YG.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

It's really hard to say. In martial arts proficiency, genetics don't tell much.

TommyH
    Unregistered

Based on the parents of the child I really think YG and XLN's child would learn the most top class martial arts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    It's really hard to say. In martial arts proficiency, genetics don't tell much.
    I agree. ZWJ's parents were definately weaker than GJ/YG/XLN/HR, but ZWJ is more powerful than any of their children. The most important thing to determining which child will do best in martial arts is to find out which child is going to be the next main character in JY's story.

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Wudi
    The most important thing to determining which child will do best in martial arts is to find out which child is going to be the next main character in JY's story.

That doesn't really apply to all JY main characters...

...just look at WXB and you'll know what I mean...