Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who is the best Yang guo and best Xiao long nu?

Quote Originally Posted by andypandy
    Charmaine Sheh was fantastic in HSDS!.
    Nonsense. You don't know how poorly portrayed ZZR had become when Charmaine was acting as her. A commendable ZZR should be Gao Yuan Yuan in the HSDS2003. Very sympathetic character, and believable too.

Smile

I'll go for Louis n Carmen version. They look so matching together...
    Alec Vicki, Raymond Michelle, Bosco Myolie

*Currently watching*
    Fantasy Hotel
    Life Made Simple
    Gentle Crackdown

I think Louis and Carmen had the best chemistry, but I think Liu Yifei was the best XLN.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacifian
    Nonsense. You don't know how poorly portrayed ZZR had become when Charmaine was acting as her. A commendable ZZR should be Gao Yuan Yuan in the HSDS2003. Very sympathetic character, and believable too.
    i'll be off topic here... GYY is overrated in both looks and acting... I liked Sheren Tang as ZZR more.

a question, does Louis speak w/ a lisp? I watch dubbed series so I can't tell, but from the movements of his lips it seems like YG was speaking with a lisp.

overall acting from young to the condor hero stage, i say andy. but huang xiao ming took over when he became the condor hero. hxm looked like world class fighter while the previous yg looked like scholars. all dressed up with their hair all tied up. louis/chris are equal. idy/carmen's xln were identical..i suppose same edition...just cold and with no emotions. jacqueline did an okay job. its just that people cant over the fact that she was a black xln. fann was stiff...tried to hard to be cold...she looked piss off all the time throughout the series. overall, lyf is the closest to the novel...in term of looks and her acting.

Out of all ROCH versions that I've watched (including the ROCH06), Carman Lee is the best XLN, she is just simply XLN, she looks and acts like the role, she matches the Cold Beauty for the Little Dragon Girl. 2nd runner up is Idy Chan, I like her acting but sometimes I felt like she's too emomtional or too angry in certain scenes. LYF is great too but I felt like she's way too more FAIRYLIKE. Carman has the looks and the acting skills and LYF just have the looks only.

Andy Lau is the best YG at all time, he acted both YG's mischief and mature parts very excellent and not overly acting, 2nd-runner up is Christopher Lee because he acted the YG's mischief parts very well. Unlike on the mischief parts all other YGs such as Louis is too fake, HXM is too overly acting.

As for romance I would prefer Carman and Louis version because they're soo compatible, their romance are very touching and very memorable, espeically the wedding temple scenes and the 16yrs-reuntied scenes, their chemistry are soo touching and sweet I cried like CRAZY when seeing those parts. HXM's and LYF's romance are great but it's weird when they're together, it like they trying to acting romantic but look overly dramatic and fake.

[LOOKS]
    YG: Louis Koo / Christopher Lee
    XLN: Carman Lee

[ACTS]
    YG: Andy Lau / Christopher Lee
    XLN: Carman Lee / Idy Chan

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    lyf is the closest to the novel...in term of looks and her acting.
    Really? I thought she smiled and cried too much in the series, her XLN is too emotional.

Quote Originally Posted by darknight123
    Really? I thought she smiled and cried too much in the series.
    maybe you prefer...one dimensional/no emotions over someone who gradually change from a cold/no emotion character to someone who does have feelings/emotions later on the series.

maybe you prefer...one dimensional/no emotions over someone who gradually change from a cold/no emotion character to someone who does have feelings/emotions later on the series.
    So which one do you like?

I like XLN is cold from the beginning then turns warm toward to the end. Is that what you want too?

Quote Originally Posted by Jin Yong1
    So which one do you like?
    well, the changes in characteristics...

Andy Lau is the best YG as i can only feel through his characters interpretation that he has learnt and matured a lot through life.

Best XLN is Idy Chan as she brought life to the character, although this is somehow different to the novel version. The XLN by Carmen Lee is somewhat boring and annoying.
    Have you come here to play Jesus?

i've only watch the 95 version and the 06, so i'm pretty much screwing around with just 2 pair.

YG i perfer Luis over the new guy, that new guy is so freaking fake, it's not YG, it's a screaming monkey with an over size sword. and he doesn't match well with LYF, he looks like her dad or her older brother when he's actually younger than her (in the story anyways)

XLN i perfer carmen for the acting, now that i've seen both, i think LYF looks better on screen than carmen. but the XLN she play was wayyyyy too emotional, it's not what i've read in the book. XLN is the type of character that cares but won't show it (sort of like the average guy)... LYF pour out emotion like water pouring out to the ocean, it just keep going and going and going, the character she play is very predictable just by looking at her facial expression. lol.

Its because XLN-LYF is using the 3rd edition of ROCH. XLN is suppose to be more emotional. Carmen was the old edition.

LOL, I am probably the only one who didn't think HXM did a horrible job. Yes, the dubbing sucked making his voice not match his acting. However, if you look at the script, HXM-YG was suppose to act like that and he did become the best mature YG I have seen compared to five other versions IMO. I even read WXB-DOMD new one will be very emotional and a lot of hollering again. I guess the director likes that stuff.

I haven't seen any of the older versions of ROCH but have seen a few photos. I seems to me that that only the new YG dressed and looked scruffy enough to match his description in the book. Is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    I haven't seen any of the older versions of ROCH but have seen a few photos. I seems to me that that only the new YG dressed and looked scruffy enough to match his description in the book. Is that true?
    they dont really care about the scruffy looks of YG. they only care about how handsome he looked. to me...the past YG looked so clean. hair all tied up...looked like a scholar dressed in nice clothes. hxm looked the best as the condor hero.

Quote Originally Posted by hkopinions
    Its because XLN-LYF is using the 3rd edition of ROCH. XLN is suppose to be more emotional. Carmen was the old edition.

LOL, I am probably the only one who didn't think HXM did a horrible job. Yes, the dubbing sucked making his voice not match his acting. However, if you look at the script, HXM-YG was suppose to act like that and he did become the best mature YG I have seen compared to five other versions IMO. I even read WXB-DOMD new one will be very emotional and a lot of hollering again. I guess the director likes that stuff.
    not their fault. they only based everything on the past series. if the new series is different from the past series, then the new one would be wrong. there were some scene that lyf did well more than the past xln. it's probably because of her innocent look. lyf's looks is closest to the novel...plus the age range as well.

i am the second one that didnt think that HXM did a horrible job. he may have overreacted because it would be hard for him to act cute with his current age. besides he did the rest of the yg quite well, the sentimental and the cool part.
    盈盈道:“岳先生被逼吞食此药物之后,自是日夜不安,急欲解毒。一日不解,一日难以安心。他知道只有从你身 上打算,才能得到解药。”

令狐冲道:“这个自然。我是你的心肝宝贝,也只有用我,才能向你换到解药。”

我乃逍遥人,自然逍遥去。 - Fearless

HXM was the closest YG to the novel. Yes, his torned clothing and her sewing it went with the book. Yes, I agree HXM is the best looking YG and even with his ripped clothing, his looks shined through which happened in the book.

HXM was the closest YG to the novel. Yes, his torned clothing and her sewing it went with the book. Yes, I agree HXM is the best looking YG and even with his ripped clothing, his looks shined through which happened in the book.
    following the novel isnt right. just as long as you follow andy or louis, your YG cant go wrong.

following the novel isnt right. just as long as you follow andy or louis, your YG cant go wrong.

i think i'm the one person that can really comment on the acting, because as u all know. i never read the novel. actually i skim through the novel. i know the plot but didn't read it carefully enough to know the specific things about the character. alot of my opinions are logic base...

For example. XLN was rasied in a confine space seperated from the real world. therefore it accounts for her cold personallity... ect. ect...

what i'm basing on my opinion is whether it was logical and realistic. and for me, just for me. the new XLN and YG is nice to watch, but after u are done it, something is still missing, seems like they can't fullfill the logical part of the story... that didn't happen with the 95 version.

personally alot of this stuff u can't blame the actor/actress for not following the novel because changes are always made, and they do what the director wants most of the time.

i'll give an example. the new YG scream like an idiot all the time. regardless of what the novel said, no one scream like that, in any world/universe, someone who does that is loosing screws in his head.

these JY novel are so popular for many things, but one of the thing that we do like in them are the realism, it's taking place in a wierd wierd circumstance, yet you see something in there that resemblance the world u're in. and the key word here is REALISM... when u starting to step out of that, then it's not appealing anymore. and just one last thing, he didn't look at the right age, but that's just a minor thing.... no real problem on that... in reality alot of the JY character are all base on discriptions, and ofcouse there'll be variation, there insn't a real life and flesh YG for u to base it on.