Page 55 of 75 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1496

Thread: The Drive Of Life 《歲月風雲》

I wondered why they release spoilers in chinese so soon..didn't they just release in china.

Is this released on tvb after Academy 2, in tvb? I would rather listen to the hong kong actors/actresses real voices in cantonese -- to me acting is not only physical but verbal..its strange to hear dubbed voices....i guess i would have to hear dubbed voices of the mandarin actors/actress then but rather hear more of the authentic hong kong actors..

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/7418/relationshiply5.jpg')

From TVB official site

Holy eff, that's confusing!

Default ykh

i heard that Raymond Lam will be singing the subtheme song for this series. I wonder if Myolie and Charmaine will duet with him too. hehe... anyone know who else is going to sing the subtheme besides Raymond?

Another Astro on demand clip:
    http://www.56.com/u27/v_MTUxNTMwMDA.html

Credit to Bape from Raymond Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by raymeox View Post
    I like the themesong. It sounds nice with two different langs, very fresh.

I dun think there will be a subtheme, maybe music only.
    With respect to Raymeox,

Chinese people are so fortunate because they can enjoy series/music/books in their own original language! Since I am not Chinese, I was not exposed to the Chinese language at an early age. Even though I am trying my best to learn Chinese, it will be an extremely long time before I can read it fluently. Before I can master Chinese, the only thing I can do is to rely on English-translated sources. Of course, those would be limited. Besides, many profound thoughts will be lost through the translating process!

Anyway, I love to listen to Chinese theme songs even though I cannot understand a single thing. I am the type of person who does not really need to understand the lyrics to fully enjoy the songs since I pay more attention to the actual musical notes. Hence, I can really enjoy Chinese theme songs without understanding the Chinese lyrics.

Since I cannot understand the lyrics, can you please elaborate on why the theme song to “The Drive of Life” was sung in two different languages? What two languages are you talking about? Are you talking about Cantonese and Mandarin? I definitely don’t hope the theme song was a mixture of Chinese and some other Western language!

I know this is off-topic, but I would just like to ask a quick question. Similar to you, I am also a devoted fan of Raymond Lam. The only difference between you and me is that I am much more of a closet fan. Hehehe! Anyway, I know Raymond had just signed a contract with EEG, so I would like to know what EEG is. Is it a record company? If so, how influential is it?

Thanks,
    Minh Giao

Default CharRay's screen time

Yes, that's him. He is also the original
    Ray still have a large chunk of screentime. Just that the central plot doesn't focus on him.

He confirmed that DOL subtheme is his first song after signing EEG contract.
    With respect to Sehseh,

As a Raymond’s fan, I feel very sad that Raymond would not be one of the main focuses of the series anymore even though he still consumed a large chunk of screen time.

What about Charmaine? Does she still have a significant part in this series as well as a lot of screen time? My heart would be crushed if she did not!

As an even greater fan of CharRay, I definitely don’t hope their scenes together were dramatically reduced as well since the producers decided to shift the main focus of the story to the older generation! So, will CharRay still receive the same amount of screen time as originally intended?

Thanks,
    Minh Giao

Default CharRay Duet

Quote Originally Posted by lilcuteeguh View Post
    i heard that Raymond Lam will be singing the subtheme song for this series. I wonder if Myolie and Charmaine will duet with him too. hehe... anyone know who else is going to sing the subtheme besides Raymond?
    Hmm, as a Raymond’s fan, I am really happy that Raymond will be singing sub theme song(s) for this anniversary because he does have a really great voice. As a greater CharRay’s fan, the thought of having Raymond and Charmaine singing a duet together sounds too good to be true! I can already imagine how great this would be. It really seems like singing and filming are pretty closely related nowadays since there are many actors/actresses who can sing as well as they can act. Ironically, I don’t really think Charmaine falls under this category since I have not really heard of her singing too many songs or releasing albums. Perhaps SehSeh can further elaborate on whether or not Charmaine sings as much as some other actors/actresses since I would be too sheltered and ignorant to be certain of these things. However, since a lot of people are pretty critical regarding Charmaine’s squeaky voice, the idea of her singing a duet with Raymond appears to be nothing more than just a dream. Of course, dreams can always come true! Hehehe!

Hi DaiHup/Minh Giao, welcome to the thread!

In regard of the screentime, don't worry much because it's a 60 episode series. Everyone will have adequate screentime and I'm sure that Ray's role important in this series. Plus, it'll be a tad boring if 90% of the story is focused on one person alone. I read some feedbacks from those who watched the first 7 episodes of DOL and so far, they're happy with it (especially Charray fans). Ok, the dubbing sucks but that doesn't concern me, who will be watching the Canto version

Added: From the summary, it seems that both Charmaine and Sheren share a great deal of screentime (for actresses), and Charmaine is the female villain in DOL, so don't worry abt her screentime.

Regarding the subtheme, Ray is actually a good pick to sing it. Charmaine and Myolie did not indicate that they will be singing a subtheme/duet prior to this, therefore chances are really slim. The reason why Charmaine doesn't sing often is because she was too busy filming. Granted, TVB style is to finish recording a song within 1-2 days (yes, I'm serious) but obviously that have affected the quality of the songs. Like any other artistes, Charmaine would also like to expand in singing and perhaps have her own album but she herself clearly know and stated: She doesn't have time to go learn singing. Of course she will sing the theme/sub if offered to her, however filming series is still her main concentration.
    Last edited by sehseh; 07-03-07 at 06:02 AM.

Yeah, I reposted some of the clips already:
    Sorry, i overlooked it Now i noticed dat u hav posted a few clips fr dat astro on demand. Thanks a lot. I'm going to check out ur blog, looks really impressive

Quote Originally Posted by Dai Hup View Post
    With respect to Raymeox,

Chinese people are so fortunate because they can enjoy series/music/books in their own original language! Since I am not Chinese, I was not exposed to the Chinese language at an early age. Even though I am trying my best to learn Chinese, it will be an extremely long time before I can read it fluently. Before I can master Chinese, the only thing I can do is to rely on English-translated sources. Of course, those would be limited. Besides, many profound thoughts will be lost through the translating process!

Anyway, I love to listen to Chinese theme songs even though I cannot understand a single thing. I am the type of person who does not really need to understand the lyrics to fully enjoy the songs since I pay more attention to the actual musical notes. Hence, I can really enjoy Chinese theme songs without understanding the Chinese lyrics.

Since I cannot understand the lyrics, can you please elaborate on why the theme song to “The Drive of Life” was sung in two different languages? What two languages are you talking about? Are you talking about Cantonese and Mandarin? I definitely don’t hope the theme song was a mixture of Chinese and some other Western language!

I know this is off-topic, but I would just like to ask a quick question. Similar to you, I am also a devoted fan of Raymond Lam. The only difference between you and me is that I am much more of a closet fan. Hehehe! Anyway, I know Raymond had just signed a contract with EEG, so I would like to know what EEG is. Is it a record company? If so, how influential is it?

Thanks,
    Minh Giao
    1st, I think U mailed me one time, rite? I also send a mail to someone named Minh Giao. My mail is http://raymondlam.info 's contact mail . U r Vietnamese, too? I think so cuz ur name is Minh Giao, seems to be a Vietnamese name.

2nd: Yes, it's the mixed of Canto and Mando.

3rd, for ur off-topic ques: lolz, wat do U mean when say about "closet fan"? Dun have to answer me if you dun like. EEG is Empror Entertainment Group, a music company.

Nice to meet you, Minh Giao.
    ::RLzoo:: -> Fan site of Raymond Lam

Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Dai Hup View Post
    With respect to Raymeox,

Thanks,
    Minh Giao
    I sorta know how you feel. Even though I'm Chinese, it sucks big time. They'll be subbing the Mainland actors for the Canto version, right?

i dont really know if ray's screentime has been reduced or not, but after watching 10 episodes i think he is one of the male leads, his screentime isn't much less than other leads, so for those of u who waits to watch in canto don't feel sad because ray is in every episode and his storyline with charmaine and myolie is really interesting. U will see the side of them that u never seen before......great series so far!!

Default Mainland China ratings

Nationwide rating:

1. 又见一帘幽梦 19.6%
    2. 岁月风云 18.2%
    3.乞丐王子 16.5%
    4.香港姐妹 14.1%

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img462.imageshack.us/img462/3217/hxei5qb2uo105xs8.th.jpg')
    Image credit Baidu.
    Last edited by sehseh; 07-05-07 at 03:03 AM.

is the top program a TV series also?

Quote Originally Posted by triumph2004 View Post
    is the top program a TV series also?

I think that's the national rating as the no 1 series (QiongYau) is aired in another station, Hunan TV.

And the happier thing is, DOL KOed 香港姐妹, the series where the producer boasted is better than DOL.

Instead of making stories and saying that DOL got bad review, the HK reporter should do their homework and check out the real facts.
    Last edited by sehseh; 07-05-07 at 01:35 AM.

haha and that series got the last place lol

but at least TDOL is 2nd place...not bad....I'm so looking forward to it
    Well but then i guess i've been anticipating for it since last September lol

haha and that series got the last place lol

but at least TDOL is 2nd place...not bad....I'm so looking forward to it
    Well but then i guess i've been anticipating for it since last September lol
    Nah, the series did not get last place, but fourth highest. Mainland China got tonnes of series airing daily.

still TDOL beat that series which is a good sign lol

what episode is TDOL up to in Mainland China?

im so used to the HK ratings (the 30-40 points system) that I just feel like the mainland rating is quite low compared to HK ratings....i mean the percentage....but then...the population of China is so big so I'm sure the total Mainland viewers is a few times larger than the amount of the whole HK population lol
    Last edited by triumph2004; 07-05-07 at 01:58 AM.

The series seems pretty interesting, especially with the all-stars cast... Can't wait to see it..

what episode is TDOL up to in Mainland China?
    Till yesterday, episode 13. Tonight will air episode 14-16.