View Poll Results: What would you choose?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • 100% Wu Brother level

2 8.33%
  • 50% 7 Freaks level

5 20.83%
  • 25% QCJ level

5 20.83%
  • 10% Great level

12 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much of a gambler are you?

Talking How much of a gambler are you?

It's your lucky day. You find a genie who gives you a gift, but you have to make a choice. Which option would you choose if you had a choice?

1) 100% chance to gain the abilities of a low level fighter. Wu brother level for example. 0% chance to gain nothing.

2) 50% chance to gain the abilities of a medium level fighter. One of the 6 lower members of the 7 Freaks for example. 50% chance to gain nothing.

3) 25% chance to gain the abilities of a high level fighter. LMC or QCJ for example. 75% chance to gain nothing.

4) 10% chance to gain the abilities of a Great. 90% chance to gain nothing.

TommyH
    Unregistered

I picked option #2 (50% 7 Freaks level ). It'd be good to be at Great's level but too risky. Freaks-level is already good.

How about 5% chance for Xu Zhu/Shi PoTian

2% Sweeper Monk?

In the modern world, I'll take the 100%. Its likely better then anyone else living.
    In the wuxia world, go for broke. The life expectancy/quality of anything below great level sucks.

WARNING TO KEN CHENG!

Do NOT attempt your usual corruption of this thread by bringing in the Marvel/DC universe!

I went for option 4. I have nothing to lose in this instance. Its more of a bonus if I do get to the greats level. Risk factor is also non existence as I don't have to give up anything to obtain it. I mean it is only a gift.

Quote Originally Posted by The_One
    I went for option 4. I have nothing to lose in this instance. Its more of a bonus if I do get to the greats level. Risk factor is also non existence as I don't have to give up anything to obtain it. I mean it is only a gift.
    There is no risk for going option 4 but there is an opportunity cost.

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    There is no risk for going option 4 but there is an opportunity cost.
    No not really. I don't find being a low level fighter to be of value to me. Nothing is lost if there is no value for me to begin with. Its either all or nothing.

There is however one way for option 4 to be 100% to gain abilities of a great. It is to learn the Sunflower Script. Too big of a risk for me though.

Quote Originally Posted by The_One
    No not really. I don't find being a low level fighter to be of value to me. Nothing is lost if there is no value for me to begin with. Its either all or nothing.

There is however one way for option 4 to be 100% to gain abilities of a great. It is to learn the Sunflower Script. Too big of a risk for me though.
    Which is why I said my choice would differ based on the setting. In the wuxia world, option 4 is useless. But in the modern world, option 4 should be enough to make you Kung Fu world champion or Olympic Gold Medallist.

Which is why I said my choice would differ based on the setting. In the wuxia world, option 4 is useless. But in the modern world, option 4 should be enough to make you Kung Fu world champion or Olympic Gold Medallist.

That's a good point. The setting does matter.

What would be your choice if you know that other people around the world are going to be offered the same choice, but you don't know who they are or how many of them get this offer?

Isn't choice 3 or 4 about the same? I thought at the end of ROCH, the WU brothers had improved alot and knew Yideng's finger techniques plus GJ's martial arts. Even if they were dumb and learned only about 20%, that's still probably equivalent to the 7 freaks.

tropical country Singapore :D banana country

option 3...lol
    lollipops&raindrops (:

'love me for me' ;D
    'you make me smile'
    'i love you, you idiot' o.0
    FEEL THE LOVE <3

I believe you mean option 1 instead.

That is what I would take as well. Martial arts is much more advanced in wuxia than in this world and I think even Wu brothers level martial arts is good here.

However I'm not sure if it's necessarily accurate to say that Wu brothers would be # in current world; after all, if you wanted you could describe current fighters in lengthly and flowery language as well. Having said this no one goes around killing sheep in one punch or jumping 15 feet or the like; but Wu brothers don't do that either.

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Wudi
    Isn't choice 3 or 4 about the same? I thought at the end of ROCH, the WU brothers had improved alot and knew Yideng's finger techniques plus GJ's martial arts. Even if they were dumb and learned only about 20%, that's still probably equivalent to the 7 freaks.

I didn't think they were that good or that they could learn even 20%. After all, despite a lifetime of teaching from GJ, they didn't even learn a single Dragon Palm.

Still, the intent of choice 1 is of a low level fighter, significantly below Freaks level, so feel free to insert your own example if you don't like mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Jojo
    I didn't think they were that good or that they could learn even 20%. After all, despite a lifetime of teaching from GJ, they didn't even learn a single Dragon Palm.

Still, the intent of choice 1 is of a low level fighter, significantly below Freaks level, so feel free to insert your own example if you don't like mine.
    I would imagine that someone with even a little reputation in the wuxia world is stronger than a shaolin monk today.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Jojo
    Actually, they did. They weren't particularly good at it, but learn it they did (like Yoda I talk).

By the end of ROCH, the Mo Brothers were capable of using 1 Yeung Finger, although not at a very high level. Still, even that little bit of 1 Yeung Finger puts each of them ahead of any of the six junior Gong Nam Freaks (and maybe even Ohr Jen Ngok) since the Freaks had nothing comparable in their skills.

I'd gamble and take option 2. The freaks do some pretty cool things, like being able to send a huge vat flying. I'm rather good at coinflips too...(my AK always beats QQ if anybody plays poker :P)

Wow, we have quite a few risk takers here. But that is probably because there is no negative consequences involved in the choices if they did not get their wish.

In the modern world, I'll take the 100%. Its likely better then anyone else living.
    In the wuxia world, go for broke. The life expectancy/quality of anything below great level sucks.
    I agree, except I'd go for the 7 freaks level for modern world...

oh, i voted according to real world
    (ie. 100%)
    but if it was wuxia world, i'd go for option 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Actually, they did. They weren't particularly good at it, but learn it they did (like Yoda I talk).

By the end of ROCH, the Mo Brothers were capable of using 1 Yeung Finger, although not at a very high level. Still, even that little bit of 1 Yeung Finger puts each of them ahead of any of the six junior Gong Nam Freaks (and maybe even Ohr Jen Ngok) since the Freaks had nothing comparable in their skills.

I'm not convinced that someone with low skill in an excellent martial art style would be as good as someone with a high skill in a mediocre martial art style.

Depending on the inner power requirements of Yiyang Zhi, the ability to use it at any level of skill may indicate a high general level of martial arts.