View Poll Results: which side would win?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jinlun Guoshi with special guest SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan

12 60.00%
  • The combined forces of the entire wulin from the late Qing dynasty

8 40.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 Song dynasty fighters vs the entire late Qing dynasty

Default 2 Song dynasty fighters vs the entire late Qing dynasty

The Golden Wheel Monk aka Jinlun Guoshi from ROCH, with help from special guest SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan of DGSD -- if they were to take on ALL the wulin fighters from the time period of "Book and Sword" and later, including the 2 Flying Fox novels, which side do you think would win?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

maybe the Song. Looked at how Ah Zhi and Zhang San (Lav thinks he is around Duan Zhenming level) ruled over wulin in a Ming period that is stronger than the Book/Sword period and later.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

What about the Linked Cities fighters? Are they included?
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    What about the Linked Cities fighters? Are they included?
    Nope. From what I heard, it seems that people from this book alone might be enough to "tear up" Golden Wheel Monk and his "peak of perfection" sidekick.

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    Nope. From what I heard, it seems that people from this book alone might be enough to "tear up" Golden Wheel Monk and his "peak of perfection" sidekick.

The really good martial arts experts from "A Deadly Secret" looked very good, compared to experts like Miao Renfeng, reverend Wuchen, etc. etc.
    But, not as powerful as the experts as seen in the Duke of Mount Deer.
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

I just thought of something. Jin Yong said that 20 years before Duan Yanqing had reached his peak level, he was literally an equal for TEN THOUSAND people. I wonder how the wulin fighters of late Qing dynasty would compare to one of these ten thousand people?

um.... I think that is a chinese idiom, is it not?
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚

Wu Wudi will tell us that the Sung era side is screwed no matter what because they have the Golden Wheel Monk on their side. With him aboard, how could they NOT lose?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Wu Wudi will tell us that the Sung era side is screwed no matter what because they have the Golden Wheel Monk on their side. With him aboard, how could the NOT lose?
    LMAO. Good point! Golden Wheel Monk can never win. When he sees what kind of poor kung fu are being presented to him, he would be puzzled as to how to counter them. "Damn it, I never learned how to deal with crap kung fu this bad! What do I do?" *throw hands in the air frantically*

Golden Wheel Monk will always find an excuse to not win.
    Last edited by PJ; 08-22-06 at 05:33 AM.

Is wei xiaobao included in the Qing dynasty wulin? if he is there is no way anyone can beat him with the resources at his disposal. Cannons FTW!

heck WXB would have GWM and ZBF eating out of his hand.
    Last edited by The Khan; 08-22-06 at 06:09 AM.

OK OK, Jinlun Guoshi might be a loser, but but, for crying out loud people, he has SWORD GOD ZHUO BUFAN on his side! This is a guy who's reached the PEAK OF PERFECTION in swordplay I tell ye! And look, who else in wuxia has a cool name that literally means "Outstanding, Anything but Ordinary." That certainly balances the equation. With SWORD GOD ZHUO BUFAN as your partner, even Jinlun Guoshi can prevail!

I will be cheering for for the ridiculously outnumbered partners-in-comat.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    LMAO. Good point! Golden Wheel Monk can never win. When he sees what kind of poor kung fu are being presented to him, he would be puzzled as to how to counter them. "Damn it, I never learned how to deal with crap kung fu this bad! What do I do?" *throw hands in the air frantically*

Golden Wheel Monk will always find an excuse to not win.
    Golden Wheel Monk will be running around, pulling at his non-existent hair, raving, "Oh my Buddha! Oh my Buddha! I-I only trained in How To Defeat Outnumbered and Distracted Gwok Jing Technique and How To Beat Too Happy To Use Sad Palms At Full Power Yeung Gor Technique! I-I can't handle this non-inner power, punch and kick stuff! I just can't!"

Zhuo Bufan FTW.

Who the heck is Zuo Bufan??? And did Ah Zi not die??? Why are you saying she is in the ming dynasty?? Duan Yanqing absolutly cannot fight against 10,000 people...are you kidding?? He's not God, he's not even that strong. - what do we need armies for then?

Of course all the wulin fighters from the late Qing Dynasty would win. They're simply hopelessly outnumbered IMO. Of course I don't know what Zuo Bufan is so then I can't really say...Is he Du Gu Qiu Bai??? Cause he's the only swordsmen I know who reached peak of perfection...

Edit: Wait, is he the guy who got his *** handed to him by Xu Zhu? Both characters are pathetic... Seriously, there so many better people to choose from.
    Last edited by VetaMega; 08-22-06 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VetaMega
    Who the heck is Zuo Bufan??? And did Ah Zi not die??? Why are you saying she is in the ming dynasty?? Duan Yanqing absolutly cannot fight against 10,000 people...are you kidding?? He's not God, he's not even that strong. - what do we need armies for then?

Of course all the wulin fighters from the late Qing Dynasty would win. They're simply hopelessly outnumbered IMO. Of course I don't know what Zuo Bufan is so then I can't really say...Is he Du Gu Qiu Bai??? Cause he's the only swordsmen I know who reached peak of perfection...

Edit: Wait, is he the guy who got his *** handed to him by Xu Zhu? Both characters are pathetic... Seriously, there so many better people to choose from.
    Ah Zhi did die. I think what PJ said was the chinese idiom that JY used to describe Duan Yanqing as 1 person =10000 soldiers. I wouldn't put the credit down on Duan Yanqing. It's true that he isn't as good as the DGSD Elite 4, but he is still no pushever. Duan Yanqing is in that 4th tier along with Xuanci, Benyin, Kurong, DCQ, MRF, SXH, Duan Zhengming, etc.

I think Zuo Bufan was overexxagerating his comments... (and no, he is far inferior to DGQB)
    YES, you are correct, he was the one that got his *** kicked badly by XZ. However, ZBF is also no pushover because the reason that he got kicked badly by XZ is because of XZ's overwhelming internal.

Quote Originally Posted by Athena
    The really good martial arts experts from "A Deadly Secret" looked very good, compared to experts like Miao Renfeng, reverend Wuchen, etc. etc.
    But, not as powerful as the experts as seen in the Duke of Mount Deer.
    Which character in Link City are you comparing to the ones at DOMD?

IIRC, there are hints of LDA-type ability in Link City characters.

Han Solo

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    Looked at how Ah Zhi and Zhang San (Lav thinks he is around Duan Zhenming level) ruled over wulin in a Ming period
    Ming Period??? I thought DGSD was in song period...

Duan Yangqing is fourth tier?? That's messed up...I am also guessing Xu Zhu had about 10-20% access of all his inner power when he fought Zhou Buofan. In my opinion Zhou Buofan < Xiao Long Nu.

Duan Yanqing absolutly cannot fight against 10,000 people...are you kidding?? He's not God, he's not even that strong.
    In case you missed this passage in the novel, this is actually what Jin Yong wrote: 段延庆脑子中一阵晕眩,瞧出来一片模糊,似乎是回到了二十多年前的一个月圆之夜。。。他本来武艺高强,足为万人之敌

I didn't make up that information. It's what Jin Yong himself wrote.

what do we need armies for then?
    You don't need armies in the wuxia universe, where martial arts is what count.

Ming Period??? I thought DGSD was in song period...

Duan Yangqing is fourth tier?? That's messed up...I am also guessing Xu Zhu had about 10-20% access of all his inner power when he fought Zhou Buofan. In my opinion Zhou Buofan < Xiao Long Nu.
    Ups, sorry, I meant Ah Shi not Ah Zhi. Ah Shi is one of the disciples of Lord Long and Mu on Gallant Island and the period is Ming during that time.

Duan Yanqing in 4th tier.... how is that messed up? 1st level is Sweeper. 2nd is Xiao Yiao Elders/XZ/DY(if he works things out). 3rd is the DGSD 4 Elite. 4th is what I said. I overall don't really care on where Zhou Buofan stands, but I do think XLN with her lighting swords is able to defeat Zhuo Buofan.
    Last edited by Whsie; 08-22-06 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Wu Wudi will tell us that the Sung era side is screwed no matter what because they have the Golden Wheel Monk on their side. With him aboard, how could they NOT lose?
    My friend, you know me too well. Broken Wheel Monk is the master of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Anyway, this matchup looks a WWE match with a bunch of jobbers against two midcard "superstars". I wouldn't pay for such a match today if it were PPV, would people of that time pay to watch that match?