Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tales Of Jinyong 金庸群侠传

Chapter 8 –Strange Encounter奇遇

Midnight, On a Lonely Road…

The moon is hanging up high and shrouded by grey clouds…Under the dark sky, a man is riding a horse and seems to be in a hurry…

“Humph…darn Emperor. He obviously wants to get me killed by making me follow these 2 guys. I’m not so stupid. Heh heh…” The traveller mumbled to himself.

Indeed, the horse-rider is Wei Xiao Bao, who has “escaped” from the brothel earlier…After sneaking away during the fight, he quickly got a horse from the “Horse-House” and fled the city…

He’s been riding for more than 2 hours until he arrived at a pavilion. Tired, he decided to rest for a while as he alight from and horse and tied it to one of the tree. As he walked towards the pavilion, he noticed a dark figure which seems to be a woman from a distance away.

“What could a woman be doing here alone late in the night?” He thought to himself. He began to creep slowly towards the girl, hoping that it might be some beautiful lady…

“Ah!” He yawped as he accidentally tripped on a stone.

“Who’s there! (什么人! )”, the alerted person speaks.

Wei Xiao Bao was confused when he heard the voice. It sounded like a man, but it was spoken in an extremely feminine tone…Afraid, he turned around and run but before he could take his first step, a sharp pain hit an acu-point on his left knee and he fell to the ground.

“Ahh!” he moaned as he examined his leg. A long, thin silver needle was stuck to his lower leg.

“Humph…so, it’s a little petty eunuch.” Before the sentence finishes, a shadowy figure had appeared right beside Xiao Bao and it was the same voice from earlier. Xiao Bao nearly freaked out when he thought about how the person managed to appear right next to him in a flash, and the creepy voice only scared him more.

“Mister, Spare my life! Spare my life! (大爷饶命 ) ” He quickly went to his knees and begged for mercy, not even dare to look up.

“Mister?!” The person raised his voice. Xiao Bao lifted up his head to face the person in his eyes. The person in front of him was…a man…a man dressed in pinkish red dress. A weird fragrance that should only be found on woman was coming from his body.

“Useless and timid eunuch! I’m going to castrate you one more time!” The angry man didn’t wait for Xiao Bao to reply and immediately use his left hand to grabbed Xiao Bao crotch!

Xiao Bao let out a huge cry and the startled man quickly brought back his hand.

“You…you’re not a eunuch!” The man exclaimed with both a tone of astonishment and shyness…

“What…what the…What’s up with this strange…g…guy! ” Xiao Bao thought to himself.

Wei Xiao Bao Origins:
    Wei Xiao Bao was actually just a illiterate village boy who is brought up by his sister Wei Chun Fang ,who opens a brothel,. About 6 months back, in a twist of luck he fake his way into becoming Hai Da Fu (海大富 ), a highly skilled eunuch’s assistant around the palace. This was mainly due to the fact that Hai Da Fu was growing old and doesn’t’ have good eyesight, and his original assistant was killed. Somehow, he got associated with the Emperor Kang Xi through wrestling and even became good friends with him. As a result, he did not undergo the castration procedure…

The man lowered his head and apologized profusely to Xiao Bao.

“I…I’m so sorry. I didn’t know you are a…real man.” The man said with his head lowered down.

Xiao Bao is not a dumb person and immediately had an idea of what just happened. This man in front of him is incredibly powerful and if he could have him as a backing, he would have nothing to be afraid of!

“Ahh…it’s alright, Miss. People that doesn’t know is not to be blamed. (啊。。。姑娘严重了。不知者无罪 )”

The man seems delighted upon hearing that Xiao Bao is addressing him as “Miss” and became even more bashful. Deep down, Xiao Bao was feeling extremely disgusted and scolding all his “18 ancestors” to born a “bizarre person” like this.

“Mister, nothing that I do now can make up for what I just…just did. Is there anything I can help you with?” The person asked with a red-faced…

“Huh…” Xiao Bao thought for a while…

Becoming extremely polite, Xiao Bao told the person about how he’s the Emperor assistant and been assigned to his task. The mysterious person shared with Xiao Bao about how he is envious of all girls in the world and wished he was born a female, and how the people around “her” were all untruthful and hypocritical. The 2 had a heart-felt talk for a long time…Before they realized, it was almost dawn…

“Miss, it’s a pity that I’ve meet you so late…(相逢恨晚 )” Xiao Bao forced a smile…

“Me too, mister… (小女子也是。。。 ) Ah! It’s almost morning. I have to go now. “ The person stood up suddenly.

“Oh, that’s too bad. By the way, I still don’t know Miss’s name”, Xiao Bao quickly asked while cursing, “Finally, I got rid of this pest.”

“Ah…you may address me as Miss.Dongfang (东方姑娘 ). I’m sure fate will bring us together again, Xiao Bao. Here…”

The girl took out something from her pouch and placed it into Xiao Bao palms. He opened it and took a closer look…it’s a badge made of bronze with some words carved on it.

“Bring this badge to Black Wood Cliff (黑木涯 ) if you want to meet me. Till we meet again then! (后会有期 )”

“Heh…Hey!” Xiao Bao lifted up his head and look around. The girl is gone!

“What the…How did she disappear so fast?! Hmm…I must have seen a ghost…I hope we never meet again. This must be my unlucky day…” Xiao Bao murmured under his breath as he examined the badge again. It had 3 word carvings on it…but Xiao Bao is illiterate.

“Hmm…Black Wood Cliff? Where on earth is that…” Xiao Bao thought for a while but can’t seem to come up with anything. Fed up, he placed the badge into his pouch and climbed onto the horse again, continuing his journey…

Of course, he doesn’t know that the 3 words that are carved on the badge are…”Black Wood Badge” (黑木令 ), which is a prized item in the Sun Moon Cult…

That’s understandable, considering he doesn’t even know where the Black Wood Cliff is…

Much less to know who “Miss Dongfang” is…

End of Chapter 8, series will ceased temporarily cause I'm too busy during this period to write.
    Last edited by WuxiaMaster; 11-05-06 at 06:37 AM.