Page 53 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1941

Thread: Jinyong Character Level Ranking Chart

Quote Originally Posted by _Kenny_ View Post
    1. This version of YG (around 17 years old with 3 years of martial arts training) is actually weaker than Zhao Zhi Jing and Zhen Zhi Bing in terms of internal energy and external skills. In fact he only bested them because he was using Jade Maiden Swordplay which was created to neutralize the Quan Zhen sect's swordplay. Excerpt from Ch. 6.

In fact, he was losing to them when they were using barehanded attacks and not swords. Zhen Zhi Bing and Zhao Zhi Jing were on the verge of victory, but Zhen felt merciful. Here's another excerpt from the same chapter:

2. XLN is far above YG at this point. Even in a severely injured state from the fire deviation she was easily overpowering YG. Remember she wanted to kill YG to fulfill here promise to Granny Sun? Here's the excerpt from the same chapter.

This version of YG isn't level 25, I say downgrade him to around level 20 and that's being generous. Zhao ZhiJing and Zhen Zhibing were considered the 2 most talented of their generation, I say no way are they level 15, more like around level 20-25. BTW, I considered at this point YG is leaving the Ancient Tomb Sect for the first time and his adventures in the Jiang Hu truly begins.

3. I can't find the part where they fought. I can only find the parts where they argued, first time was when Lu Wu Shuang found out that Guo Fu chopped off YG's arm and second time when GF was talking trash that the only person YG loved was XLN, Huang Rong and Cheng Ying just intervened to keep it from escalating. From my memory it's only the tv adaptations where they fought. Anyways, since Lu Wu Shuang's martial arts are pretty low, I would downgrade her from level 20 to around 10, same as Guo Fu and the Wu brothers.
    Though Lu Wushuang weaker than Guo Fu at that time I think Lv 10 to low for her due to the fact that she can hold her own against 4/5 pocket beggar from Gaibang when she first meet with Yang Guo..
    This is the fight you miss ROCH chapter 31 page 3 :
    The Guo couple had taught their daughter the best of kungfu. Guo Fu was taught all the basics but it was difficult to master the skills in a short period of time. When it came to martial proclivity, Guo Fu had a stronger resemblance to her father and very little in common with her mother. And so, even though her foundation of orthodox kungfu was good, she still needed to refine her skills before she could use any lethal kungfu. Even so, Lu Wushuang wasn’t her match. Besides, her retreat wasn’t very agile because of a crippled foot. Guo Fu was burning with rage and she kept on attacking. Sword lights flashed as she was trying to stab Lu Wushuang’s right leg.

Cheng Ying was watching them fight, her brows creasing with worry. She thought, “Although my cousin’s name-calling isn’t nice, this Guo girl is too rude and too unreasonable. No wonder Yang Guo’s right arm was cut off by her. If they continue to fight, my cousin’s right leg will be difficult to save.”

She saw Lu Wushuang constantly retreating. Suddenly she heard the ‘chi’ sound as Lu Wushuang’s skirt was ripped open. She let out a soft cry, “Aiyo!”

Lu Wushuang stumbled back, her face pale. Guo Fu quickly took a couple of steps forward and brought her sword around in a horizontal swipe, slashing Lu Wushuang’s leg. Seeing that Guo Fu had already won but still kept on attacking and that Lu Wushuang was dangerously cornered, Cheng Ying stepped in gently, using both hands to block Guo Fu.

She said, “Miss Guo, please go light on her.”

Guo Fu lifted her sword. Seeing blood on the blade, she knew that Lu Wushuang had already been injured. She pointed her sword proudly at Lu Wushuang and said, “My lesson today will teach you not to spout nonsense again.”

The sword wound on Lu Wushuang’s leg was aching. She angrily said, “Are you going to use your sword to stop people from talking?” She knew that Guo Fu basked in her parents’ glory, so she pretended to say that Guo Fu was not Guo Jing and Huang Rong’s daughter.

Guo Fu shouted, “What did they say?”

She moved forward a step, with the tip of her sword straight towards Lu Wushuang’s chest.

Cheng Ying stepped in between them. Seeing the long sword arrive, she used three fingers to hold the blade and gently pushed it aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Polar-kun View Post
    I also agree with this. Normal YG (and probably GJ) at outright 80 is a little much. Normal YG is only "slightly" superior than GWM/ZBT and even HYS in their fights. He should cross Lv-80 line only in melancholic mood. IMHO:
    Lv-78 YG (+2/3 when in melancholy)
    Lv-79 GJ (speculation)
    So you mean at his "sad" mode Yang Guo can beat Uncle Guo..
    Exciting😀😀

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Though Lu Wushuang weaker than Guo Fu at that time I think Lv 10 to low for her due to the fact that she can hold her own against 4/5 pocket beggar from Gaibang when she first meet with Yang Guo..
    You're right, thank you for pointing out the exact chapter that I missed the fight between GF and LWS. In fact, it is explicitly stated that LWS martial arts are below GF in that section.

So what this means is that GF and the Wu brothers should be ranked around level 15 and put LWS at around level 12 or 13, since she is below them in martial arts level. Thinking about it, level 10 is probably too low for GF and the Wu brothers.

I also have to add that in the same chapter, which is 31, it is explicitly stated that Cheng Ying is actually around the same level as Guo Fu. So Cheng Ying is definitely not a level 25. Probably should move her more in line with GF and the Wu Brothers. Here is the section that states this:

The technique Cheng Ying had just used was called ‘Divine Flicking Fingers.’ But it came out strong only because Cheng Ying had understood Guo Fu’s technique and waited to strike when the power on Guo Fu’s sword went empty. Otherwise, the two people’s martial skills were about the same level, Cheng Ying wouldn’t have been able to disarm Guo Fu with her fingers. Cheng Ying used her left foot to step on the long sword, and the jade flute in her hand pointed at Guo Fu’s pressure point on her waist.

I also have to add that in the same chapter, which is 31, it is explicitly stated that Cheng Ying is actually around the same level as Guo Fu. So Cheng Ying is definitely not a level 25. Probably should move her more in line with GF and the Wu Brothers. Here is the section that states this:
    Well if I not wrong Yelu Qi once said that Cheng Ying Kungfu was better than Guo Fu..
    Yang Guo also once said that her qinggong was good enough to rivalled himself so I would rank her at least at Lv 20

Well if I not wrong Yelu Qi once said that Cheng Ying Kungfu was better than Guo Fu..
    Yang Guo also once said that her qinggong was good enough to rivalled himself so I would rank her at least at Lv 20
    Doesn't matter what Yelu Qi and Yang Guo thinks. It is explicitly stated by the author himself that Cheng Ying is only equal to Guo Fu and not better.

Strange because I always thought Cheng Ying is quite a bit better than LWS/Guo Fu LV. She trained directly under HYS, manage to save YG at the start from GWM, but I don't remember any specific fights she was in.

Thanks for all the contributions. I've organized them a bit and here are the LVs tentatively. I realized there's an additional period of 1 year+ (after the tomb was sealed off), when YG/XLN hang around to mastered the "Jade Maiden Sutra" (Yu Nu Xin Jing). This should fill the gap from when he met the 2 priests to Pre Mt Hua.

LV 22: Yang Guo - When Li Mo Chou invade the Tomb (this when he fought the 2 priests)
    LV 25: Zhao ZhiJing, Zhen Zhibing
    LV 32: Yang Guo - When he left Mt.Zhongnan (Before Mt. Hua)
    LV 34: Yelu Qi
    LV 38: Yang Guo - At Martial Arts Meet

I agree that ~LV10 is too low for Guo Fu. She trained directly under GJ after all. No matter how untalented she is, LV10 seems absolutely too thrashy. :P

Guo Fu/Wu Brothers should probably go to LV20, Lu Wu Shuang LV18. Cheng Ying could be around LV22 to LV25.

Oh and on the few posts regarding "Normal YG" being too strong at LV80, it was largely due to the fact he is WINNING against the GWM even in his normal state. There is a few pages of discussion on this in this thread.

Doesn't matter what Yelu Qi and Yang Guo thinks. It is explicitly stated by the author himself that Cheng Ying is only equal to Guo Fu and not better.
    Well Li Mochou once thought that the kungfu of green blue girl (Cheng Ying) was "good"..

The girl in blue green saw the situation was urgent, she dashed forward to take Yelu Yan out of the danger. Li Mochou’s eyes saw everything and ears heard everything. She saw that the girl’s movements were light, displaying signs that she was a disciple of a famous name; she swung her fly whisk across her face and asked, “What is Miss’s name? Who is your Master?” There was a distance of over ten feet between them, in a flash the fly whisk was swung in front of her face. The girl in blue green was startled, her right hand waved out; from her sleeve she took out a weapon, and blocked the fly whisk. Li Mochou saw that this weapon was extremely strange, it glittered like a gem, it was about one meter long and it looked like a jade flute, she searched her mind, “Which sect or family uses such a weapon?” She quickly attacked wanting her to display her skills. The girl could not hold on, Yang Guo and Yelu Qi dashed forward to help. But it was hard to defend against Li Mochou’s swift and fluent style. Stances from the east and palms from the west, in a flash danger came again.
    ROCH Chapter 10 page 10

Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaMaster View Post
    Strange because I always thought Cheng Ying is quite a bit better than LWS/Guo Fu LV. She trained directly under HYS, manage to save YG at the start from GWM, but I don't remember any specific fights she was in.

Thanks for all the contributions. I've organized them a bit and here are the LVs tentatively. I realized there's an additional period of 1 year+ (after the tomb was sealed off), when YG/XLN hang around to mastered the "Jade Maiden Sutra" (Yu Nu Xin Jing). This should fill the gap from when he met the 2 priests to Pre Mt Hua.

LV 22: Yang Guo - When Li Mo Chou invade the Tomb (this when he fought the 2 priests)
    LV 25: Zhao ZhiJing, Zhen Zhibing
    LV 32: Yang Guo - When he left Mt.Zhongnan (Before Mt. Hua)
    LV 34: Yelu Qi
    LV 38: Yang Guo - At Martial Arts Meet

I agree that ~LV10 is too low for Guo Fu. She trained directly under GJ after all. No matter how untalented she is, LV10 seems absolutely too thrashy. :P

Guo Fu/Wu Brothers should probably go to LV20, Lu Wu Shuang LV18. Cheng Ying could be around LV22 to LV25.
    Yeahhh agree with you I think give Cheng Ying Level point 22 more than "fair"..

Oh and on the few posts regarding "Normal YG" being too strong at LV80, it was largely due to the fact he is WINNING against the GWM even in his normal state. There is a few pages of discussion on this in this thread.
    So you mean even at his "normal" mode Yang Guo can actually beat Greats or Lao Wantong🤔🤔

So you mean even at his "normal" mode Yang Guo can actually beat Greats or Lao Wantong🤔🤔
    Yes I believe this is largely true and has been discussed many times.When YG fought Lao Wantong/Greats, they were in 'sparing mode' , not a life/death duel. Against Greats/HYS, he would definitely win if he goes all out. Against Lao Wan Tong they were about equal, but YG will prevail eventually due to age difference. That is considering he still didn't display the full set of Sad Palms (Zhou Botong is already running out of stamina)

The biggest evidence though, is it is pretty evident that Yideng would eventually lose to GWM during their fight. This prove that GWM > Greats at this point. In the final fight, Yang Guo, even in his normal state, is winning against GWM.
    Last edited by WuxiaMaster; 02-18-18 at 10:48 AM.

Yes I believe this is largely true and has been discussed many times.When YG fought Lao Wantong/Greats, they were in 'sparing mode' , not a life/death duel. Against Greats/HYS, he would definitely win if he goes all out. Against Lao Wan Tong they were about equal, but YG will prevail eventually due to age difference. That is considering he still didn't display the full set of Sad Palms (Zhou Botong is already running out of stamina)

The biggest evidence though, is it is pretty evident that Yideng would eventually lose to GWM during their fight. This prove that GWM > Greats at this point. In the final fight, Yang Guo, even in his normal state, is winning against GWM.
    Amazing..
    Then did you think he can rivalled Xiao Feng or other DGSD Elites😅😅

The older Greats were on the decline by the end of ROCH. Even the relative youngest among them, East Heretic Wong Yerk See, was at least ninety years old (and South Emperor 1 Deng and Chow Bak Tung were at least a decade older than he). Gwok Jing, Yeung Gor, and Golden Wheel Monk, on the other hand, were still in their prime years.

By the end of ROCH, GJ, YG, and GWM should each be a notch higher than the old Greats...just due to the age difference and relative stamina.

Yeah YG is winning, but the gap between him and GWM is narrower than between GWM & YD (that is why i think original 78>77>75 rating is more accurate description). It was only in melancholic mood that YG got clear advantage.

Jinlun Level is 77..
    Yang Guo normal mode would "winning" against him around 300 stances
    Yang Guo sad mode crush him in 4 moves
    🤔🤔

Jinlun Level is 77..
    Yang Guo normal mode would "winning" against him around 300 stances
    Yang Guo sad mode crush him in 4 moves
    🤔🤔
    This is misleading. This was not like DGSD when the Janitor Monk tapped Siu Yeun San and Mo Yung Bok to oblivion. Before the Golden Wheel Monk's ultimate defeat was a fierce and long struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    This is misleading. This was not like DGSD when the Janitor Monk tapped Siu Yeun San and Mo Yung Bok to oblivion. Before the Golden Wheel Monk's ultimate defeat was a fierce and long struggle.
    It's a little bit of both. There was a normal fight with the whole 300 stance lose thing before he was actually able to use Sad Palms, and when he did, he did indeed win in a few stances.

It wasn't a sneak attack either -- he hit GWM once, GWM regrouped and attacked again, and instantly got hit and was defeated.

If it were just that scene alone his Sad Palms should be rated much higher, but if we assume he had full use of them during his duel with ZBT then they are not nearly as impressive as what happened either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Yeahhhh but still Guo'er "destroy" Goldie within 4 stances when his full powered Sad Palm was "actived" 😅😅

Yeahhhh but still Guo'er "destroy" Goldie within 4 stances when his full powered Sad Palm was "actived" 😅😅
    Deathblows are typically singular. In LUK SIU FUNG, Sai Mun Chui Sheut slew Yip Goo Sing with a single swordstroke, but that hardly reflects how closely matched they actually were.