Page 55 of 98 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1941

Thread: Jinyong Character Level Ranking Chart

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Yeahhh but still even with minor part of 9 Yin Manual can make you "strong" 😑😑
    Relatively. It helped, but let's not get crazy here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Relatively. It helped, but let's not get crazy here.
    What you mean crazy..

I'm often bothered by YG and XLN's exposure to 9-yin

I personally think that there were a few tricks and techniques (or even theories). But it shouldn't be considered anything significant where they "absorbed" any meaningful essences. Otherwise, they should start progressing rapidly from that point forward like young GJ.

A simple minded GJ was able to figure out fighting theories just by listening to the Greats' musical rock off. He even spotted H7G and OYF's mistakes while dueling! And could see martial patterns by looking at leaves and figure out concepts thinking about the stars.

I don't believe YG and XLN took much from whatever 9-yin was in Ancient tomb

____

Side note, I think WCY gained a lot from the 9-yin and that 9-Yin truly is as good as advertized
    Which consolidates many reasons why I think descriptions of WCY seem like he's as good as ROCH Greats-- it's because he had 9-yin

Quote Originally Posted by Snafu3721 View Post
    I'm often bothered by YG and XLN's exposure to 9-yin

I personally think that there were a few tricks and techniques (or even theories). But it shouldn't be considered anything significant where they "absorbed" any meaningful essences. Otherwise, they should start progressing rapidly from that point forward like young GJ.

A simple minded GJ was able to figure out fighting theories just by listening to the Greats' musical rock off. He even spotted H7G and OYF's mistakes while dueling! And could see martial patterns by looking at leaves and figure out concepts thinking about the stars.

I don't believe YG and XLN took much from whatever 9-yin was in Ancient tomb

____

Side note, I think WCY gained a lot from the 9-yin and that 9-Yin truly is as good as advertized
    Which consolidates many reasons why I think descriptions of WCY seem like he's as good as ROCH Greats-- it's because he had 9-yin
    Yeahhh even with his "useless" 9 Yin Skill he still impressing Huang Rong😑😑
    Huang Rong saw that Yang Guo understood her and managed to affect the opponent using the “Soul Altering Spell”, she was delighted; she whispered to Guo Jing, “Guo’er is extraordinary; when you were his age you didn’t have such a level of kung fu.”

Guo Jing expressed his joy, he nodded his head and concentrated on the two people in the middle of the hall without blinking.

It wasn't the fragments of 9 Yum Jen Ging that impressed Wong Yung; it was the Ancient Tomb Sect's martial arts, which Wong Yung had never seen up to that point. She probably was surprised that Yeung Gor knew any of the 9 Yum Jen Ging, though she probably figured he learned it from West Poison Au Yeung Fung.

Yeah still Huang Rong (and Guo Jing) impressed by Yang Guo at this time..
    And still Yang Guo > Guo Jing in the same age

Yeah still Huang Rong (and Guo Jing) impressed by Yang Guo at this time..
    And still Yang Guo > Guo Jing in the same age
    YG > GJ is true. In fact, up to ROCH, YG is > all Greats at the same age
    But this does not mean the 9-Yin had a major role to play

Again, HR and GJ were impressed with YG's overall martial prowess. His Ancient Tomb martial arts + Jade Maiden mixed with bits of 9-yin had made him quite formidable overall in Jianghu.

So I agree with your statements, but not if you're referring to the overall added value of 9-yin in respect to YG's martial prowess

Quote Originally Posted by Snafu3721 View Post
    YG > GJ is true. In fact, up to ROCH, YG is > all Greats at the same age
    But this does not mean the 9-Yin had a major role to play

Again, HR and GJ were impressed with YG's overall martial prowess. His Ancient Tomb martial arts + Jade Maiden mixed with bits of 9-yin had made him quite formidable overall in Jianghu.

So I agree with your statements, but not if you're referring to the overall added value of 9-yin in respect to YG's martial prowess
    Well when Guo'er fought Lao Wantong he use Quanzhen's skills and some of 9 Yin skills to defend..
    Yeahhh perhaps you're right 9 Yin is "useless" for Yang Guo😛😛

Well when Guo'er fought Lao Wantong he use Quanzhen's skills and some of 9 Yin skills to defend..
    Yeahhh perhaps you're right 9 Yin is "useless" for Yang Guo😛😛
    9 Yum Jen Ging made up a very small portion of Yeung Gor's skillset. His martial arts were a hodgepodge of many different skills he had acquired, but 9 Yum was only a small part of it. His predominant influences were Cheun Jen Sect, Ancient Tomb Sect, and Dook Goo Kau Bai's sword theories.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    9 Yum Jen Ging made up a very small portion of Yeung Gor's skillset. His martial arts were a hodgepodge of many different skills he had acquired, but 9 Yum was only a small part of it. His predominant influences were Cheun Jen Sect, Ancient Tomb Sect, and Dook Goo Kau Bai's sword theories.
    Agree with you..

How does DuGu9Sword's 破气式 (Qi breaking stance) work ? The wikipedia article just says it's not explained in the novel.
    Last edited by krabs; 03-04-18 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by krabs View Post
    How does DuGu9Sword's 破气式 (Qi breaking stance) work ? The wikipedia article just says it's not explained in the novel.
    Dook Goo 9 Swords operates on the principle of Bovine Feces, which to be fair, is the underlying principle of most wuxia martial arts, but is especially egregious with Dook Goo 9 Swords.

Here's the long awaited update to the main chart! I have consolidated the input for the past few pages (like past 6 months). and also add in several missing characters. They largely involve characters in the lower tiers.

Changes:
    LV 16: Lu Wu Shuang (RO) - Pre 16 Years
    LV 18: Guo Fu, Wu Brothers (RO) - Pre 16 years
    LV 20: Cheng Ying - Pre 16 years

LV 22: Yang Guo (RO) - When Li Mo Chou invade the Tomb
    LV 32: Yang Guo (RO) - When he left Mt.Zhongnan after mastering Jade Maiden Sutra (Before Mt. Hua)

LV 25: Zhao ZhiJing, Zhen Zhibing (RO)
    LV 34: Yelu Qi (RO) - Pre 16 years

Give Quanzhen elders more customized rankings. Hao Datong should be weaker than Huo Du given the “reluctance” of Huang Rong to make him fight at the meet:
    LV 45: Quanzhen 7 Elders (RO) - Qiu Chu Ji (LV50), Ma Yu (LV48), Wang Chu Yi (LV48), Liu Chu Xuan (LV46), Hao Datong (LV 38), Sun Bu Er (LV34)

First 3 based on actual performance, the rest based on “pro-rated” values from ROCH.
    LV 40: Quanzhen 7 Elders (LO) - Qiu Chu Ji (LV42), Ma Yu (LV41), Wang Chu Yi (LV40), Liu Chu Xuan (LV38), Tan Chuduan (LV30), Hao Datong (LV30), Sun Bu Er (LV26)

Additions:
    LV 50: Qiu Qianchi (RO) - Only based on internal (disregarding her disability)
    LV 38: Yuan Chengzhi (BXJ)
    LV 35: 5 San Ren (YT)
    LV 28: Lan Fenghuang (XA) – Not including her poison abilities
    LV 20: Granny Sun (RO)
    Last edited by WuxiaMaster; 03-15-18 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaMaster View Post
    Here's the long awaited update to the main chart! I have consolidated the input for the past few pages (like past 6 months). and also add in several missing characters. They largely involve characters in the lower tiers.

Changes:
    LV 16: Lu Wu Shuang (RO) - Pre 16 Years
    LV 18: Guo Fu, Wu Brothers (RO) - Pre 16 years
    LV 20: Cheng Ying - Pre 16 years

LV 22: Yang Guo (RO) - When Li Mo Chou invade the Tomb
    LV 32: Yang Guo (RO) - When he left Mt.Zhongnan after mastering Jade Maiden Sutra (Before Mt. Hua)

LV 25: Zhao ZhiJing, Zhen Zhibing (RO)
    LV 34: Yelu Qi (RO) - Pre 16 years

Give Quanzhen elders more customized rankings. Hao Datong should be weaker than Huo Du given the “reluctance” of Huang Rong to make him fight at the meet:
    LV 45: Quanzhen 7 Elders (RO) - Qiu Chu Ji (LV50), Ma Yu (LV48), Wang Chu Yi (LV48), Liu Chu Xuan (LV46), Hao Datong (LV 38), Sun Bu Er (LV34)

First 3 based on actual performance, the rest based on “pro-rated” values from ROCH.
    LV 40: Quanzhen 7 Elders (LO) - Qiu Chu Ji (LV42), Ma Yu (LV41), Wang Chu Yi (LV40), Liu Chu Xuan (LV38), Tan Chuduan (LV30), Hao Datong (LV30), Sun Bu Er (LV26)

Additions:
    LV 50: Qiu Qianchi (RO) - Only based on internal (disregarding her disability)
    LV 38: Yuan Chengzhi (BXJ)
    LV 35: 5 San Ren (YT)
    LV 28: Lan Fenghuang (XA) – Not including her poison abilities
    LV 20: Granny Sun (RO)
    I think Lv 34 too low for Sun Bu'er even Yang Guo not sure he can beat Sun at Hero/Martial Art Meeting..
    Also Lv 50 for Green Bat King seem too high IMHO

Do you think there is a 5 LV diff between the 4 guardians and Left/Right envoy?

Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaMaster View Post
    Do you think there is a 5 LV diff between the 4 guardians and Left/Right envoy?
    No I mean Bat King not at Eagle/Lion King "level" Wuji himself thought Bat King skill was inferior compared with Eagle/Lion King..

HSDS Chapter 28 page 10..
    Zhang Wuji had never seen his Yifu fight an enemy before; now that he had the opportunity to witness several stances, he was very happy. “Jin Mao Shi Wang’s prestige shook the world in the past; it certainly was not an empty reputation,” he said to himself, “Yifu’s martial art skill is above ‘Qing Yi Fu Wang’ [Green-Winged Bat King]; I’ll say he is on par with (maternal) grandfather.”

HSDS Chapter 28 page 10..
    Zhang Wuji had never seen his Yifu fight an enemy before; now that he had the opportunity to witness several stances, he was very happy. “Jin Mao Shi Wang’s prestige shook the world in the past; it certainly was not an empty reputation,” he said to himself, “Yifu’s martial art skill is above ‘Qing Yi Fu Wang’ [Green-Winged Bat King]; I’ll say he is on par with (maternal) grandfather.”
    This shows how terrible his judgement is...

Well tough Bat King true skill is not Eagle/Lion King "level" he still great fighter among Ming's Elites especially his qinggong and Ice Cotton Palm just like Post Jinlun Advice/Hero Sword Yang Guo IMHO😃😃

It is true that the Green Bat is weaker than than Lion/Eagle base on internal and martial arts, but we have to take his "peak of perfection" qinggong mastery into consideration too.

Even ZWJ acknowledge that he is unable to perform feats that the Bat King does.