Page 86 of 98 FirstFirst ... 36767778798081828384858687888990919293949596 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 1941

Thread: Jinyong Character Level Ranking Chart

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    I mean the clear advantage of DGSD Elites vs Greats is the fact that every of DGSD Elites could 1-Hit K.O people at Du Monks level (i.e The Xuan Monks) while in Trilogy I think no one Greats could 1 Hit K.O any of Du Jie or Du Nan not even GJ or YG..
    I place the Dao-generation monks at a higher level than the DGSD Yeun-generation monks, except possibly for Yeun Chi. I think the DGSD Yeun-generation monks were more on par with the HSDS Hung-generation monks.

XF and DGSD Elites could 1-Hit K.O people at Du Monks level while no one of Condor Greats have the ability to 1-Hit K.O Du Monks not even YG or GJ..
    Yes.
    YG with full-powered Sad Palms or equipped with the legendary HIS.
    Any version of post-16 YG would shock the HSDS world.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I place the Dao-generation monks at a higher level than the DGSD Yeun-generation monks, except possibly for Yeun Chi. I think the DGSD Yeun-generation monks were more on par with the HSDS Hung-generation monks.
    If Xuan Monks really that weak how could one of them i.e Xuanku become XF master and Xuannan JY describe him being a better martial artist than DCQ which I think no one from Trilogy comparable with DCQ except for Greats and their peers and Du Monks-level fighters..

I mean the clear advantage of DGSD Elites vs Greats is the fact that every of DGSD Elites could 1-Hit K.O people at Du Monks level (i.e The Xuan Monks) while in Trilogy I think no one Greats could 1 Hit K.O any of Du Jie or Du Nan not even GJ or YG..
    It is possible that XF's dragon palms could 1 hit KO a Du monk if he underestimate its power.
    However, XF's dragon palms was only rated ~1000 jins/catties.

The force of post-16 YG with the HIS is much higher than 1000 jins/catties.
    If XF could 1 hit KO a Du monk, please explain why not YG.

Quote Originally Posted by FeilongZ View Post
    Yes.
    YG with full-powered Sad Palms or equipped with the legendary HIS.
    Any version of post-16 YG would shock the HSDS world.
    It's might be true but we never know it at least JY never say this in the novel since the strongest fighters which YG 1-Hit K.O was Yin Kexi and Xiaoxing Zi which around Eagle King and Xie Xun level..

It is possible that XF's dragon palms could 1 hit KO a Du monk if he underestimate its power.
    However, XF's dragon palms was only rated ~1000 jins/catties.

The force of post-16 YG with the HIS is much higher than 1000 jins/catties.
    If XF could 1 hit KO a Du monk, please explain why not YG.
    At least we know XF 1-Hit K.O people at Du Monks level but we never seen YG 1-Hit K.O people at Du Monks level in ROCH YG might be could 1-Hit K.O Du Monks but it's pure of speculation that's why I say no one Greats could 1-Hit K.O Du Monks..

It's might be true but we never know it at least JY never say this in the novel since the strongest fighters which YG 1-Hit K.O was Yin Kexi and Xiaoxing Zi which around Eagle King and Xie Xun level..
    I'm pretty sure post-16 YG could 1 hit KO Duan Yanqing (Duan Yu's biological father, who uses his cane as a weapon) too.
    I don't think DYQ is actually level 65, much lower.

If Xuan Monks really that weak how could one of them i.e Xuanku become XF master and Xuannan JY describe him being a better martial artist than DCQ which I think no one from Trilogy comparable with DCQ except for Greats and their peers and Du Monks-level fighters..
    It's not so uncommon in wuxia for students to far surpass their teachers. Most of Jin Yong's protagonists did. I've long rated Kiu Fung as approximately equivalent to Gwok Jing and Yeung Gor at the end of ROCH.

At least we know XF 1-Hit K.O people at Du Monks level but we never seen YG 1-Hit K.O people at Du Monks level in ROCH YG might be could 1-Hit K.O Du Monks but it's pure of speculation that's why I say no one Greats could 1-Hit K.O Du Monks..
    Fair but I think the people that XF 1 hit KO are at much lower levels than ranked.
    I think the Du monks' level should be lowered too, not 62 to 65.

Well I think DYQ more or less equal with LOCH GJ when he fought HYS and H7G in Mt. Hua and I hardly believe even YG could 1-Hit K.O GJ at that time..

It's not so uncommon in wuxia for students to far surpass their teachers. Most of Jin Yong's protagonists did. I've long rated Kiu Fung as approximately equivalent to Gwok Jing and Yeung Gor at the end of ROCH.
    GJ and YG also have other skills like 9 Yin and Dugu Qiubai sword method but if they only learn H7G 18 Dragon Palm or Gumu Bai skills they would never surpass H7G or LCY..

Fair but I think the people that XF 1 hit KO are at much lower levels than ranked.
    I think the Du monks' level should be lowered too, not 62 to 65.
    XF himself once say that he is strong enough to take on 4 DYQ which equal to 4 LOCH GJ and we agree about it which ROCH GJ or YG also could handle 4 LOCH GJ and Xuan Monks himself no worse than DYQ which mean XF indeed could 1-Hit K.O people at DYQ/LOCH GJ/Xuan Monks level (Lv 60s)..

It's very weird with XF. On one hand you see him one-hit KO the Xuan monks or kick the crap out of DYQ. On the other, you see him fail to flatten Ah Zhou or the stupid tiger with 70% of his palm blast or lose to YTZ+MRF. Just so maddeningly inconsistent for a supposedly God of War.

Quote Originally Posted by EdenResident View Post
    It's very weird with XF. On one hand you see him one-hit KO the Xuan monks or kick the crap out of DYQ. On the other, you see him fail to flatten Ah Zhou or the stupid tiger with 70% of his palm blast or lose to YTZ+MRF. Just so maddeningly inconsistent for a supposedly God of War.
    He's like Superman (whom I have compared to Kiu Fung several times in the past): his prowess goes up and down according to the needs of the plot. On the one hand, we've seen Superman lift the San Andreas Fault back into place or even push the moon from its orbit. On the other hand, we've seen him struggle to stop a hurtling city bus.

At least he is not lousy like Wuji which always struggling against lesser opponents..

I think the author wanted to humanize XF, meaning he was not invincible.

I think the author wanted to humanize XF, meaning he was not invincible.
    He never "invincible" since a there is a lot people which better or equal with him during his lifetime..

At least he is not lousy like Wuji which always struggling against lesser opponents..
    Haha, very true!

Quote Originally Posted by kmoley View Post
    Haha, very true!
    In terms of martial arts and skills he is comparable with GJ or YG but when it come in combat he is not good as GJ and YG perhaps due he's not "fighter" by nature and he also never fought someone which much stronger than him before throughout HSDS he always fought against weaker opponents..

In terms of martial arts and skills he is comparable with GJ or YG but when it come in combat he is not good as GJ and YG perhaps due he's not "fighter" by nature and he also never fought someone which much stronger than him before throughout HSDS he always fought against weaker opponents..
    That means Wuji just look great on paper, but when it comes to real life fights, he falls behind the Greats (due to lack of experience fighting Great-level opponents), not even talking about the ROCH elites, YG and GJ.