Page 91 of 98 FirstFirst ... 41818283848586878889909192939495969798 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 1941

Thread: Jinyong Character Level Ranking Chart

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Agree about it but I think though FQY might be better than RWX the difference between them should be not that big (Lv 85 vs Lv 70) just like YG vs HYS which HYS couldn't match YG in palm style but he could match him in "power"..
    In the rankings, FQY is tentatively set at 80, but it's also stated he could be anywhere from 75 to unknown - which I think is pretty fair. That said, I also think the XAJH cast as a whole is probably ranked a bit too low.

The problem is could YG keep pace constantly with DFBB well I doubt about it since you should "chase" your opponent for landed your strike to him..
    That's precisely it. Do I see YG being able to land a blow on DFBB? I really don't. Honestly, DFBB is a huge anomaly - fitting, as the only master practitioner of the speed-focused limit breaker KHBD technique.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    In the rankings, FQY is tentatively set at 80, but it's also stated he could be anywhere from 75 to unknown - which I think is pretty fair. That said, I also think the XAJH cast as a whole is probably ranked a bit too low.

That's precisely it. Do I see YG being able to land a blow on DFBB? I really don't. Honestly, DFBB is a huge anomaly - fitting, as the only master practitioner of the speed-focused limit breaker KHBD technique.
    I give YG chance 49:51 against DFBB just like George Foreman when he fought Ali though he couldn't always landed heavy blow to Ali due to Ali great agility and mobility it was doesn't mean he couldn't beat Ali at all or even K.O Ali😉😉😉😉

I give YG chance 49:51 against DFBB just like George Foreman when he fought Ali though he couldn't always landed heavy blow to Ali due to Ali great agility and mobility it was doesn't mean he couldn't beat Ali at all or even K.O Ali😉😉😉😉
    Once YG gets a clean blow, he would win.
    Like I analyzed before, DFBB's speed seemed demonic to the characters in SPW, but we have a speedster/Great lightness kungfu character in XLN from ROCH, and Jinyong explicitly stated that "sheer force overcomes speed", so I have no doubt that post-16 YG with the HIS and its techniques would most likely win.

The HIS sword stage is significantly superior to the DG9J based on my analysis, and accounting that Jinyong said DG9J was superior to the Sunflower manual.

I agree you could overcome speed with force but depends on the speed user especially if he/she is no worse than you in power and strength so your power might be doesn't work against him/her just like George Foreman his super-human strength doesn't work at all to Ali..

By definition, that means you give YG a 49:51 chance of beating LHC, RWX, XWT, and the Sun-Moon Sect Elder (forgetting his name) at the same time. I just wouldn't go anywhere near that far.

Also - XLN's speed is in no way comparable to DFBB's speed, imo. Ancient Tomb sect specializes in speed, but there are a lot of sects and cultivators that are fast (Wei Yixiao, etc.). None of them are anywhere near DFBB's level. KHBD is a genuine limit breaker.

By definition, that means you give YG a 49:51 chance of beating LHC, RWX, XWT, and the Sun-Moon Sect Elder (forgetting his name) at the same time. I just wouldn't go anywhere near that far.

Also - XLN's speed is in no way comparable to DFBB's speed, imo. Ancient Tomb sect specializes in speed, but there are a lot of sects and cultivators that are fast (Wei Yixiao, etc.). None of them are anywhere near DFBB's level. KHBD is a genuine limit breaker.
    Of course YG couldn't handle RWX and his gangs simultaneously since he only have one arm he also not fast enough like DFBB which could flying around the pitch so except you give him sword (even if is not HIS) I think he would be able to fight better than without sword what I mean is people that good at 1 vs XX not always also good in 1 vs 1 just like XLN he could solo JLFW + 3 Mongolian Mercenaries + 5 Quanzhen Masters but due her demonic speed and agility but I doubt he could win against LCY in 1 vs 1 duel..

I agree you could overcome speed with force but depends on the speed user especially if he/she is no worse than you in power and strength so your power might be doesn't work against him/her just like George Foreman his super-human strength doesn't work at all to Ali..
    I highly doubt DFBB's internal is superior to post-16 YG's internal with power boost from the HIS.
    This is like saying DFBB's has higher internal than 10th level JLGS or 9yang ZWJ.
    No way!

Quote Originally Posted by FeilongZ View Post
    I highly doubt DFBB's internal is superior to post-16 YG's internal with power boost from the HIS.
    This is like saying DFBB's has higher internal than 10th level JLGS or 9yang ZWJ.
    No way!
    When I said DFBB on par or even greater than YG I just want to say that DFBB power and strength no worse than YG since he could blinded RWX eye even when he is "dying" it's was similar with injured YD which could move away YG sword from QQR chest..

Of course YG couldn't handle RWX and his gangs simultaneously since he only have one arm he also not fast enough like DFBB which could flying around the pitch so except you give him sword (even if is not HIS) I think he would be able to fight better than without sword what I mean is people that good at 1 vs XX not always also good in 1 vs 1 just like XLN he could solo JLFW + 3 Mongolian Mercenaries + 5 Quanzhen Masters but due her demonic speed and agility but I doubt he could win against LCY in 1 vs 1 duel..
    I'm pretty confident YG would thrash LHC in one move or several moves depending what technique from Sad Palms or if he uses the HIS.

No way LHC's sword and his not so high internal could withstand one direct hit from the HIS, most likely LHC's sword would shatter upon contact with the immensely powerful HIS.

XWT would even fair worst with the HIS.

YG then would take care of RWX in a relatively quick manner.

When I said DFBB on par or even greater than YG I just want to say that DFBB power and strength no worse than YG since he could blinded RWX eye even when he is "dying" it's was similar with injured YD which could move away YG sword from QQR chest..
    To be fair, this was pre-16 years YG, and YG obviously wasn't 'defending' against Yideng.

I guess here's the question, when it comes to internal energy and strength - even in a one-on-one fight, do you believe Yang Guo would be able to use something as small as a sewing needle to block the full-force strikes of someone with RWX-levels of internal energy? Because DFBB did that. I just don't see it happening.

People just really don't appreciate how monstrously powerful DFBB really was. They think of DFBB as a speedster, but he really was so much more than that - and remember, force = mass x acceleration. Just because DFBB might not necessarily be physical strong (yet to be proven) doesn't mean that DFBB can't hit like a truck.

I'm pretty confident YG would thrash LHC in one move or several moves depending what technique from Sad Palms or if he uses the HIS.

No way LHC's sword and his not so high internal could withstand one direct hit from the HIS, most likely LHC's sword would shatter upon contact with the immensely powerful HIS.

XWT would even fair worst with the HIS.

YG then would take care of RWX in a relatively quick manner.
    FYI - In the vast majority of his fights, LHC had much weaker internal energy and so he always managed to put his sword in a 'surprising' position that avoided contact with his opponent's weapon which would seemingly result in mutual ruin, but with his sword somehow always arriving first. He rarely needed to use direct sword clashes.

Meanwhile, RWX would definitely be capable of using XXDF to slowly whittle away at Yang Guo's internal energy. Any energy sucker is an incredibly tough foe in a drawn out fight, unless you have something specific that can block the sucking (YJJ, polar-type energy) or can avoid all contact (DFBB's speed). I believe Yang Guo would find RWX alone to be a tough opponent, although I would give YG the edge. Throw in the other dangerous opponents? I don't think he has a chance.

To be fair, this was pre-16 years YG, and YG obviously wasn't 'defending' against Yideng.

I guess here's the question, when it comes to internal energy and strength - even in a one-on-one fight, do you believe Yang Guo would be able to use something as small as a sewing needle to block the full-force strikes of someone with RWX-levels of internal energy? Because DFBB did that. I just don't see it happening.

People just really don't appreciate how monstrously powerful DFBB really was. They think of DFBB as a speedster, but he really was so much more than that - and remember, force = mass x acceleration. Just because DFBB might not necessarily be physical strong (yet to be proven) doesn't mean that DFBB can't hit like a truck.
    I think YG could he even could flying back one of JLFW wheel only with his empty sleeve 😀😀😀😀 but I agree about DFBB power which not necessarily inferior to Greats..

Of course no one in their right mind would think YG would have a chance in hell against DFBB. YG can beat dumb fighters with pathetic techniques like QQR or GWM. DFBB's technique, not to even mention his God-like speed is nothing that YG has even remotely imagined in his wildest dream.

In 50 stances, DFBB would put 2 needles, one in each of YG's eyes.

Similar with DFBB right..
    😀😀😀😀
    Return of The Condor Hero chapter 39

Also he saw that the techniques of Yang Guo were quite marvelous and feared that after another hundred stances or so he would be defeated by Yang Guo. In this dire situation he attacked Yang Guo’s right shoulder with his iron wheel and when Yang Guo was about to avoid that wheel he threw his bronze wheel towards Guo Xiang’s face. Since she was tied to a pole, it was impossible for her to dodge that wheel.

Yang Guo was horrified and leapt towards Guo Xiang and used his sleeve to whisk the bronze wheel away. However, when two experts fought, it was unwise to be distracted and Yang Guo’s attention was on Guo Xiang, leaving himself unguarded.

If YG's HIS is inferior to LHC's DG9J, I don't think how YG can touch someone at least twice as good as LHC like DFBB.

Hell, even end of novel LHC, who has learned YJJ, would give all YG can handle. YG's HIS is useless against DG9J.

FYI - In the vast majority of his fights, LHC had much weaker internal energy and so he always managed to put his sword in a 'surprising' position that avoided contact with his opponent's weapon which would seemingly result in mutual ruin, but with his sword somehow always arriving first. He rarely needed to use direct sword clashes.

Meanwhile, RWX would definitely be capable of using XXDF to slowly whittle away at Yang Guo's internal energy. Any energy sucker is an incredibly tough foe in a drawn out fight, unless you have something specific that can block the sucking (YJJ, polar-type energy) or can avoid all contact (DFBB's speed). I believe Yang Guo would find RWX alone to be a tough opponent, although I would give YG the edge. Throw in the other dangerous opponents? I don't think he has a chance.
    Remember, LHC weakness is against high internal opponents.
    Also he does not deserve to be ranked at level 69 vs sword-using opponents, only 1 level below RWX?
    LHC without sword is like < or = to level 50.
    LHC with a sword vs YG with the HIS is more like at level ~60.

Post-16 YG with the HIS vs LHC with the sword has vastly superior internal and Dugu's "Simplicity brings superiority" techniques and after the six-year ocean training he could wield the HIS and attack at "lightning speed".

Also, YG trained with violent waves which rushed at him from different directions, so he would be more than capable of attacking and defending against multiple opponents.
    Any sword contacting with the HIS would immediately result in the sword being broken or shattered.

Vs RWX:

Even QQR at near Great level could only lasted ~100 stances against pre-16 YG with the HIS.
    YG after ocean training is significantly more powerful in internal and pure physical strength than pre-16 YG.

Imagine how many stances QQR would last against post-16 YG with the HIS or Sad Palms?
    Now apply this to vs a level ~70 RWX and we would most likely see post-16 YG defeat him in a relatively quick fashion.

A level ~83 to ~85+ post-16 YG with full-powered Sad Palms or HIS vs a level ~70 RWX.
    I do not see a tough opponent/fight in RWX against the vastly superior YG.

Note: I truely think RWX level at ~65.
    LHC at level ~60
    XWT at level ~55

Quote Originally Posted by EdenResident View Post
    If YG's HIS is inferior to LHC's DG9J, I don't think how YG can touch someone at least twice as good as LHC like DFBB.

Hell, even end of novel LHC, who has learned YJJ, would give all YG can handle. YG's HIS is useless against DG9J.
    Stop saying or mentioning YG and the HIS and its techniques as being "useless" or I am going to get @Western Eccentric on you.

Your comments are very insulting toward my hero, YG.

Remember, LHC weakness is against high internal opponents.
    Also he does not deserve to be ranked at level 69 vs sword-using opponents, only 1 level below RWX?
    LHC without sword is like < or = to level 50.
    LHC with a sword vs YG with the HIS is more like at level ~60.

Post-16 YG with the HIS vs LHC with the sword has vastly superior internal and Dugu's "Simplicity brings superiority" techniques and after the six-year ocean training he could wield the HIS and attack at "lightning speed".

Also, YG trained with violent waves which rushed at him from different directions, so he would be more than capable of attacking and defending against multiple opponents.
    Any sword contacting with the HIS would immediately result in the sword being broken or shattered.

Vs RWX:

Even QQR at near Great level could only lasted ~100 stances against pre-16 YG with the HIS.
    YG after ocean training is significantly more powerful in internal and pure physical strength than pre-16 YG.

Imagine how many stances QQR would last against post-16 YG with the HIS or Sad Palms?
    Now apply this to vs a level ~70 RWX and we would most likely see post-16 YG defeat him in a relatively quick fashion.

A level ~83 to ~85+ post-16 YG with full-powered Sad Palms or HIS vs a level ~70 RWX.
    I do not see a tough opponent/fight in RWX against the vastly superior YG.

Note: I truely think RWX level at ~65.
    LHC at level ~60
    XWT at level ~55
    Honestly except FQY (and DFBB in the past) I never arguing about RWX LHC and XWT power ranking so for me they are deserve at their place Lv 70 for RWX and Lv 69 for LHC..

Increasing YG further to as high as LV83 : For justifying this based on his fight against GWM, I would once again attribute it to GWM unperformance. Remember that ZBT is only at LV77 so YG at 83 is really too high. Also, GJ supporters would riot.

Post 16 HIS YG is not rated as he never fought using it.

RWX at LV65 is not impossible, but I feel it would reduce the overall skill level of SPW quite a bit. Also, This would also reduce FZ accordingly, and I always place FZ at Great level (i.e full mastery of YJJ)

Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaMaster View Post
    Increasing YG further to as high as LV83 : For justifying this based on his fight against GWM, I would once again attribute it to GWM unperformance. Remember that ZBT is only at LV77 so YG at 83 is really too high. Also, GJ supporters would riot.

Post 16 HIS YG is not rated as he never fought using it.

RWX at LV65 is not impossible, but I feel it would reduce the overall skill level of SPW quite a bit. Also, This would also reduce FZ accordingly, and I always place FZ at Great level (i.e full mastery of YJJ)
    ZBT vs YG:
    1. They were having a serious, but still friendly duel. YG announced before he unleashed each Sad Palms stance.
    2. We did not see YG unleashed his true potential in Sad Palm, his ultimate moves which rely on the state of his hearts and exhibiting power and elusiveness that show YG's max potential, unleashing all his power from the rigorous ocean training and all the sadness that he accumulated all of the years waiting for XLN.

vs JLGS:
    1. With happy Sad Palms, YG was going to defeat JLGS (level 77) within 300 stances, no matter what.
    2. Once true Sad Palms is activated, YG immediately finished the fight with only 5 stances and dealt a mortal blow to JLGS.

Pre-16 YG vs QQR:
    1. It took a 20-year old YG with one month of Dugu's HIS training to decisively defeat a near Great and blood-thirsty QQR in ~100 stances.
    To logically revise post-16 YG ranking, we need to revise revise QQR ranking to level 74 since the author explicitly stated that Yideng with the the combination of Pre-Heaven skills and Solitary finger could only hope to best him by half a stance.

Therefore, the logical adjustment would put pre-16 YG with the HIS to level ~78 to 80.
    Do we see any Great during this time equal to pre-16 YG with the HIS?

2. And adjust post-16 YG with the ocean training with true Sad Palms to level 83.
    YG regretted not bringing the HIS with him against JLGS in the final fight, meaning that with the HIS power boost and its ingenious techniques, YG think he would most likely defeat JLGS quickly.
    So it is logical to put post-16 YG with the HIS at level 85+.
    Are we doubting the legendary HIS and its Great++ techniques is only slightly superior to Sad Palms.

Don't forget Dugu qiubai ranking is in the legendary/Godly tier, and he was unchallenged with the HIS in his 30s.
    Jinyong emphasized that YG after mastering the HIS sword stage is similiar to DGKB in the HIS sword stage! Wow!

RWX:
    1. His level should be ranked at ~65 to 68 max.
    I don't see him defeating XLN with ambidextrous technique and pre-16 JLGS with level 9 Dragon Elephant Prajna at level 70.