Page 92 of 98 FirstFirst ... 428283848586878889909192939495969798 LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 1941

Thread: Jinyong Character Level Ranking Chart

That's the thing: Sad Palms has to be "activated", a major handicap.

Quote Originally Posted by FeilongZ View Post
    ZBT vs YG:
    1. They were having a serious, but still friendly duel. YG announced before he unleashed each Sad Palms stance.
    2. We did not see YG unleashed his true potential in Sad Palm, his ultimate moves which rely on the state of his hearts and exhibiting power and elusiveness that show YG's max potential, unleashing all his power from the rigorous ocean training and all the sadness that he accumulated all of the years waiting for XLN.

vs JLGS:
    1. With happy Sad Palms, YG was going to defeat JLGS (level 77) within 300 stances, no matter what.
    2. Once true Sad Palms is activated, YG immediately finished the fight with only 5 stances and dealt a mortal blow to JLGS.

Pre-16 YG vs QQR:
    1. It took a 20-year old YG with one month of Dugu's HIS training to decisively defeat a near Great and blood-thirsty QQR in ~100 stances.
    To logically revise post-16 YG ranking, we need to revise revise QQR ranking to level 74 since the author explicitly stated that Yideng with the the combination of Pre-Heaven skills and Solitary finger could only hope to best him by half a stance.

Therefore, the logical adjustment would put pre-16 YG with the HIS to level ~78 to 80.
    Do we see any Great during this time equal to pre-16 YG with the HIS?

2. And adjust post-16 YG with the ocean training with true Sad Palms to level 83.
    YG regretted not bringing the HIS with him against JLGS in the final fight, meaning that with the HIS power boost and its ingenious techniques, YG think he would most likely defeat JLGS quickly.
    So it is logical to put post-16 YG with the HIS at level 85+.
    Are we doubting the legendary HIS and its Great++ techniques is only slightly superior to Sad Palms.

Don't forget Dugu qiubai ranking is in the legendary/Godly tier, and he was unchallenged with the HIS in his 30s.
    Jinyong emphasized that YG after mastering the HIS sword stage is similiar to DGKB in the HIS sword stage! Wow!

RWX:
    1. His level should be ranked at ~65 to 68 max.
    I don't see him defeating XLN with ambidextrous technique and pre-16 JLGS with level 9 Dragon Elephant Prajna at level 70.
    FQY:
    We did not see him fight, so we could assume he has reached a very high level of DG9J, not necessarily fully mastering the arts.
    Therefore we could put FQY at level 75, next to the ROCH Greats.

DFBB:
    If we adjust his/her opponents' level, we could logically revise his/her level.

RWX: ~65
    LHC: ~60 to 62
    XWT: ~55

Now we could logically adjust DFBB's level to ~75, equalizing him/her with FQY and the ROCH Greats.
    -DFBB's level adjustment accounts for his/her speed and overall powess against the three opponents.

FQY:
    We did not see him fight, so we could assume he has reached a very high level of DG9J, not necessarily fully mastering the arts.
    Therefore we could put FQY at level 75, next to the ROCH Greats.

DFBB:
    If we adjust his/her opponents' level, we could logically revise his/her level.

RWX: ~65
    LHC: ~60 to 62
    XWT: ~55

Now we could logically adjust DFBB's level to ~75, equalizing him/her with FQY and the ROCH Greats.
    -DFBB's level adjustment accounts for his/her speed and overall powess against the three opponents.
    It is conceivable and logical that pre-16 YG with the HIS could defeat any Great within 300 stances since he decisively defeated a blood-thirsty ~Great QQR in a little more than 100 stances.
    Therefore, pre-16 YG with the HIS should be 3 to 5 levels above the Greats, putting him at level ~78 to 80.

Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaMaster View Post
    Increasing YG further to as high as LV83 : For justifying this based on his fight against GWM, I would once again attribute it to GWM unperformance. Remember that ZBT is only at LV77 so YG at 83 is really too high. Also, GJ supporters would riot.

Post 16 HIS YG is not rated as he never fought using it.

RWX at LV65 is not impossible, but I feel it would reduce the overall skill level of SPW quite a bit. Also, This would also reduce FZ accordingly, and I always place FZ at Great level (i.e full mastery of YJJ)
    We could slightly reduce Fang Zheng's level from 72 to 70 accordingly, equalizing him with pre-16 JLGS and XLN.

I have another idea
    we can replace YG instead of SM and DQ
    then we add 10 - 20 for ROCH characters specially Yang family because they are in ROCH
    then we reduce DGSD characters 30 - 40 level because they are not in ROCH
    then we reduce 60 - 70 level from SPT because why should he placed above YG
    then we reduce SPW characters 30 - 50 level because they are not in ROCH and all of them are trash and they are good for nothing and they must be below ROCH characters and specially Yang family
    in the result
    we have a level 50 SM and DQ level 45 xu zhu and SPT level 42 DY level 38 XF XYS MRB level 35 JMZ level 20 dfbb - level 15 FQY - level 5 RWX and level 1 LHC
    why?because YOU don't see RWX defeating XLN with ambidextrous technique.

sounds good and logic.

You are a ROCH fan it is very good
    You are a Yang family fan it is very good
    You are a YG fan it is very good
    But please Do not mess around other characters and other novels without any proof
    You have a good opinion and this is very good but it would be much better if you can prove it
    If you Convinced me on the other topic I don't say any thing here but you did not convince me and you are repeating the same things even here for example about RWX and FQY.Didn't I explaine it?What about YG's HIS ?

tell me what do you think bout this
    click to show/hide spoilers
    When Yang Guo was reunited with Xiao Longnu, this style lost its essence. When Yang Guo faced death and parting with Xiao Longnu the sorrow and melancholy suddenly surged forth in his heart and immediately boosted the power of the
    “Melancholic Sad Palms”.

Base on these details we can reduce YG's level by 2-4 level and give him level 77.
    how do you feel?
    Do you like it?

Again
    please Do not mess around other characters and other novels without any proof because you are a ROCH fan or YG fan or even Condor Heroes trilogy fan
    Last edited by reydge; 08-28-21 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reydge View Post
    I have another idea
    we can replace YG instead of SM and DQ
    then we add 10 - 20 for ROCH characters specially Yang family because they are in ROCH
    then we reduce DGSD characters 30 - 40 level because they are not in ROCH
    then we reduce 60 - 70 level from SPT because why should he placed above YG
    then we reduce SPW characters 30 - 50 level because they are not in ROCH and all of them are trash and they are good for nothing and they must be below ROCH characters and specially Yang family
    in the result
    we have a level 50 SM and DQ level 45 xu zhu and SPT level 42 DY level 38 XF XYS MRB level 35 JMZ level 20 dfbb - level 15 FQY - level 5 RWX and level 1 LHC
    why?because YOU don't see RWX defeating XLN with ambidextrous technique.
    sounds good and logic.

You are a ROCH fan it is very good
    You are a Yang family fan it is very good
    You are a YG fan it is very good
    But please Do not mess around other characters and other novels without any proof
    You have a good opinion and this is very good but it would be much better if you can prove it
    If you Convinced me on the other topic I don't say any thing here but you did not convince me and you are repeating the same things even here for example about RWX and FQY.Didn't I explaine it?What about YG's HIS ?

tell me what do you think bout this

Base on these details we can reduce YG's level by 2-4 level and give him level 77.
    how do you feel?
    Do you like it?

Again
    please Do not mess around other characters and other novels without any proof because you are a ROCH fan or YG fan or even Condor Heroes trilogy fan
    @reydge:
    Sorry for the disappoinent, but my main goal is to put YG on the level that he deserve with supporting analysis based on the novel, science, and discussions.
    However, I do not make the final decision regarding the official rankings: that is @WuxiaMaster's decision if he chooses to.

Based on the novel, we know that "happy" YG who is at his base power level of ~80 is already vastly superior to JLGS at level 77 (would defeat him within 300 stances, no matter what).
    Once true Sad Palms is activated, YG immediately blow JLFW out of the water and ended the fight.
    This shows that YG with peak Sad Palms is not only 1 level above base YG.

As for characters from SPW, I truely think they are over-ranked.
    I tried and provide my analysis why I think the SPW's level should be adjusted, but it is up to @WuxiaMaster to make the final decision.

I true apologize if I offended you and posters here because that is not my main purpose.

Respectfully,
    FeilongZ

Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaMaster View Post
    Increasing YG further to as high as LV83 : For justifying this based on his fight against GWM, I would once again attribute it to GWM unperformance. Remember that ZBT is only at LV77 so YG at 83 is really too high. Also, GJ supporters would riot.

Post 16 HIS YG is not rated as he never fought using it.

RWX at LV65 is not impossible, but I feel it would reduce the overall skill level of SPW quite a bit. Also, This would also reduce FZ accordingly, and I always place FZ at Great level (i.e full mastery of YJJ)
    Yeeeep base-YG only marginally better than ZBT and HYS also if we put YG with 💯% Sad Palm or HIS at Lv 85 we should raising too XF MRB and JMZ level as well as DY and Xiaoyao Elders which seems illogical for me..

As for RWX and Fangzheng I agree that they're more or less equal with Greats at least LOCH Greats giving their feat throughout the novel which seems quite remarkable

It is conceivable and logical that pre-16 YG with the HIS could defeat any Great within 300 stances since he decisively defeated a blood-thirsty ~Great QQR in a little more than 100 stances.
    Therefore, pre-16 YG with the HIS should be 3 to 5 levels above the Greats, putting him at level ~78 to 80.
    I think you must read the book properly during his fight against QQR JY said that it was due QQR old age which make him couldn't keep up with HIS it's doesn't mean QQR overall skills inferior to YG even he outclassed YG in lightness skill also YG defeat him after 200 stances with some of "trick" so please stop over-hype YG at that time..

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    That's the thing: Sad Palms has to be "activated", a major handicap.
    I think it's not handicap at all YG even doesn't need Sad Palm to beat people at Lv 75+ like JLFW or Wuji..

The YG fans for the past few pages have ruined this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    I think you must read the book properly during his fight against QQR JY said that it was due QQR old age which make him couldn't keep up with HIS it's doesn't mean QQR overall skills inferior to YG even he outclassed YG in lightness skill also YG defeat him after 200 stances with some of "trick" so please stop over-hype YG at that time..
    We know that during the 16-year interlude, QQR lasted a whole day against JLGS.

So why was old age the main issue against pre-16 YG with the HIS?
    Jinyong stated it was a combination of the HIS and the ingenuity of Dugu qiubai techniques that decisively overwhelmed and defeated QQR in a relatively quick time.

For the record, it was a little over 100 stances, more like ~110 stances that YG won, not around 200 stances like you kept saying.

Quote Originally Posted by _Kenny_ View Post
    Lol. Winners stay and losers go home
    All debates with respect, of course.

We know that during the 16-year interlude, QQR lasted a whole day against JLGS.

So why was old age the main issue against pre-16 YG with the HIS?
    Jinyong stated it was a combination of the HIS and the ingenuity of Dugu qiubai techniques that decisively overwhelmed and defeated QQR in a relatively quick time.

For the record, it was a little over 100 stances, more like ~110 stances that YG won, not around 200 stances like you kept saying.
    Well I think I would repeat it again you should read the book properly regarding QQR vs JLFW since JY said the first time he use his 10th Dragon/Elephant Prajna against powerful opponents is when he met ZBT so during his fight against QQR he didn't use his level 10 even he didn't use his wheels since YG say QQR injured by heavy palm strike so it's not strange at all if he need almost full day to beat QQR..

But we also shouldn't ignore people thought regarding SPW Trilogy and DGSD characters..

But we also shouldn't ignore people thoughts regarding SPW Trilogy and DGSD characters..

Quote Originally Posted by _Kenny_ View Post
    Seriously, can someone please make this stop? They have this amazing ability to turn ANY thread into stupid YG hype thread. It's incredible really.

You need to reflect upon the important life lesson in DGSD.

Those who want something too badly and try to force the issue tend to not get what they want. In fact, it frequently backfires on them spectacularly, with catastrophic results.

On the other hand, those who do not force the issue and let nature take its course often find the fates smiling upon them, gifting them with benefits that they did not expect or demand.

I've long hated Yeung Gor, but I found that my past propaganda campaigns against him probably tended to make more people sympathetic towards him.

You're doing the same thing in reverse: your excessive hype of the character is causing people to turn against the character in a way I could only dream of.

Think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by EdenResident View Post
    Seriously, can someone please make this stop? They have this amazing ability to turn ANY thread into stupid YG hype thread. It's incredible really.
    @WuxiaMaster requested discussions on revising some characters' levels from his official rankings, so this is the perfect thread to do that.

We may have got overly excited and carried away with discussing character A vs character B from other threads, and this is an apology from my part.

Ever thought of discussing, rather than debating?

@WuxiaMaster requested discussions on revising some characters' levels from his official rankings, so this is the perfect thread to do that.

We may have got overly excited and carried away with discussing character A vs character B from other threads, and this is an apology from my part.
    Well I never think about it at all as long not "hype" someone using unproven source..