Page 93 of 98 FirstFirst ... 4383848586878889909192939495969798 LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 1941

Thread: Jinyong Character Level Ranking Chart

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    You need to reflect upon the important life lesson in DGSD.

Those who want something too badly and try to force to issue tend to not get what they want. In fact, it frequently backfires on them spectacularly, with catastrophic results.

On the other hand, those who do not force the issue and let nature take its course often find the fates smiling upon them, gifting them with benefits that they did not expect or demand.

I've long hated Yeung Gor, but I found that my past propaganda campaigns against him probably tended to make more people sympathetic towards him.

You're doing the same thing in reverse: your excessive hype of the character is causing people to turn against the character in a way I could only dream of.

Think about it.
    Yeeep over-hype character only make him/her looks more "worse" in haters view..

Quote Originally Posted by reydge View Post
    I have another idea
    we can replace YG instead of SM and DQ
    then we add 10 - 20 for ROCH characters specially Yang family because they are in ROCH
    then we reduce DGSD characters 30 - 40 level because they are not in ROCH
    then we reduce 60 - 70 level from SPT because why should he placed above YG
    then we reduce SPW characters 30 - 50 level because they are not in ROCH and all of them are trash and they are good for nothing and they must be below ROCH characters and specially Yang family
    in the result
    we have a level 50 SM and DQ level 45 xu zhu and SPT level 42 DY level 38 XF XYS MRB level 35 JMZ level 20 dfbb - level 15 FQY - level 5 RWX and level 1 LHC
    why?because YOU don't see RWX defeating XLN with ambidextrous technique.

sounds good and logic.

You are a ROCH fan it is very good
    You are a Yang family fan it is very good
    You are a YG fan it is very good
    But please Do not mess around other characters and other novels without any proof
    You have a good opinion and this is very good but it would be much better if you can prove it
    If you Convinced me on the other topic I don't say any thing here but you did not convince me and you are repeating the same things even here for example about RWX and FQY.Didn't I explaine it?What about YG's HIS ?

tell me what do you think bout this

you put YG on par with SM and DG, that underestimate YG.
    YG need to be removed from here, because he is already multiverse level

Yang Guo = lv99,000
    Son Goku = lv75,000
    Monkey King sun wu kong = lv73,000
    Vegeta = lv.70,000
    Thanos with 6 rings = lv 69,000

Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    you put YG on par with SM and DG, that underestimate YG.
    YG need to be removed from here, because he is already multiverse level

Yang Guo = lv99,000
    Son Goku = lv75,000
    Monkey King sun wu kong = lv73,000
    Vegeta = lv.70,000
    Thanos with 6 rings = lv 69,000
    Then Wuji at Lv 100,000,999,000,350,000,666,837 comparable with Omni King😀😀😀😀

Quote Originally Posted by FeilongZ View Post
    Like @Ken Cheng once said, "There is no way this she-man would defeat XF".
    Therefore, I think if Jinyong were still alive, there is no way that he would say DFBB could defeat post-16 YG equipped with Dugu qiubai's legendary sword and its ingenious techniques.

Out of respect for you and your thread that got me really excited, I will continue in the WuxiaMaster's Ultimate Rankings thread.

I apologize that I got into your or anyone's nerve because I thought this was the right thread to ask these kinds of questions.

Respectfully,
    FeilongZ
    Who say these?
    Do you have any proof for these?
    How many time do you read SPW?

Who say these?
    Then how about you what make you believe that DFBB was better than ROCH/Condor Greats can you give me reason except for DFBB "demonic" speed and great agility/mobility..

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Quick note - the problem with lowering Feng Qingyang is that RWX was already impressed with him... before FQY learned DG9J. When RWX first started to spar with LHC, after a few exchanges he quickly shouted, "Okay, fess up, who tf taught you swordsmanship?! There's no way FQY could've taught you this, Huashan swordsmanship isn't this badass!" Which means all his understanding/impressions of FQY are pre-DG9J for FQY - and FQY should be waaaaay better than LHC at DG9J.
    In the rankings, FQY is tentatively set at 80, but it's also stated he could be anywhere from 75 to unknown - which I think is pretty fair. That said, I also think the XAJH cast as a whole is probably ranked a bit too low.

That's precisely it. Do I see YG being able to land a blow on DFBB? I really don't. Honestly, DFBB is a huge anomaly - fitting, as the only master practitioner of the speed-focused limit breaker KHBD technique.
    FYI - In the vast majority of his fights, LHC had much weaker internal energy and so he always managed to put his sword in a 'surprising' position that avoided contact with his opponent's weapon which would seemingly result in mutual ruin, but with his sword somehow always arriving first. He rarely needed to use direct sword clashes.

Meanwhile, RWX would definitely be capable of using XXDF to slowly whittle away at Yang Guo's internal energy. Any energy sucker is an incredibly tough foe in a drawn out fight, unless you have something specific that can block the sucking (YJJ, polar-type energy) or can avoid all contact (DFBB's speed). I believe Yang Guo would find RWX alone to be a tough opponent, although I would give YG the edge. Throw in the other dangerous opponents? I don't think he has a chance.
    It doesn't work believe me
    because somehow I said all of this in another topic but it didn't work
    https://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthr...haoying/page21
    even in this post I gave them three references from SPW but again it didn't work

click to show/hide spoilers
    RWX didn't have any true idea about 9 SOD or FQY
    In chapter 20 we see very interesting conversations

[So on the fourth move, how did he counterattack?”
    On the fourth move, again, I attacked and Second Master defended.”
    “Is Old Feng’s sword art really this brilliant? Even though to defeat Black-White is not difficult, you were actually able to force him into a defending stance again on the fourth move? Hmm, excellent! Excellent! On the fifth move, it must have been him who attacked?”
    “On the fifth move, the situation remained the same.”
    “Oh!” the man named Ren fell silent. Only after a long pause did he speak again. “After how many of your attacking moves Black-White was able to counterattack?”
    “Um…well…I don’t remember how many,” Linghu Chong answered.
    Mr. Black-White picked it up and said, “Senior Master, Young Hero Feng’s sword skills are so brilliant that from the beginning all the way to the end, I was not able to attack even once. After over forty moves, I knew I was no match for him so I stopped the match and admitted my defeat.” Only by then did he speak to the man named Ren and the tone of his words was unexpectedly respectful.
    “Ah!” the man cried out loudly. “This is ridiculous! Although Feng Qingyang is an exceptional talent in the Sword Branch of the Huashan Sword School, Huashan Sword Branch’s sword art still has its limit. I’d never believe that someone from the Huashan School can attack Black-White with over forty moves and not let him return even a single blow!”]

and this
    [Is Huashan School’s Head Master still Yue Buqun? He is a complete hypocrite. Too bad at first I was too busy, and then fell for a secret plot afterwards, otherwise, I would have tore his hypocritical mask off a long time again]

and many conversations like these
    with some calculating we could get that FQY was far behind RWX and RWX didn't know him in person

But

yes we didn't see how FQY fight against power based fighter
    but we see how 9 SOD works against any opponent Including power based fighter or a technical fighter that rely on power
    LHC vs FBP
    although FBP was from sword branch but against LHC he was relying on power and after that he start using the powerful Quick Blizzard Sword Stance which has high speed and can create fierce force
    LHC vs RWX
    this fight is even better show that how brilliance and advance 9 SOD is.
    in this fight after several moves RWX began applying his inner power in his sword (Applying power in sword hmm Isn't this a big point of HIS? anyway) but this didn't work for him at all.
    [Slowly, he attached more and more inner strength onto his wooden sword, and every swing of his sword seemed to have created vague echoes of gust and thunder.
    But no matter how resourceful the opponent’s inner strength was, when those moves met the profound and subtle sword techniques of the “Dugu Nine Swords,” they all came to nothing.]
    keep in mind that LHC had almost no inner power in these fights
    and in the end RWX take advantage of LHC's inner power problem by his roar
    imagine instead of LHC we had YG with his HIS against RWX
    I guarantee that in the end they are going to have an inner power challenge like GWM
    9 SOD technically , principally and philosophically is much more advanced than HIS
    9 SOD is the synthesis of DQ's four swords stage for reaching the formlessness stage
    I really recommend that if you have time go and read chapter 20 of SPW then you can see 9 SOD performance.Even you can see many of its theories.

Among all of the JY's main novels , SPW is The most oppressed one.
    Why?
    I do not know.

Who say these?
    To @reydge:
    I was writing this post replying to @Ren Wo Xing.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Then how about you what make you believe that DFBB was better than ROCH/Condor Greats can you give me reason except for DFBB "demonic" speed and great agility/mobility..
    Hum
    Answer the question by asking the question
    by the way
    what do you mean?
    ِDoes it even make sense?
    Why should we ignore DFBB ultra fast speed for YG's sake?
    It is very ridiculous that for sake of on side (YG) ignore other side's huge huge huge advantage.

Hum
    Answer the question by asking the question
    by the way
    what do you mean?
    ِDoes it even make sense?
    Why should we ignore DFBB ultra fast speed for YG's sake?
    It is very ridiculous that for sake of on side (YG) ignore other side's huge huge huge advantage.

Well because I believe YG (also GJ) and DFBB more or less equal though DFBB might be slightly better due his demonic speed and superb agility just like Mohammad Ali and George Foreman which Ali advantage is on his great foot-work/agility and speed while Foreman on his super-human and brute force what I want to say is though Ali could defeat Foreman (which he did) it's doesn't mean Foreman couldn't fight back Ali or even K.O Ali so regarding DFBB vs Condor Greats (especially GJ/YG) I would vote 51:49 for DFBB side

To all posters on the Wuxia Fiction forum:

After deep thoughts, I think @Ken Cheng, @Athena, @Ren Wo Xing, and other posters were right.
    Why do I need to push @WuxiaMaster to revise his official rankings base on my analysis and likings?

A few months ago I came to this forum and to my surprise, it was dead as the Death Valley, no new exciting threads and no posters to be found.
    My two goals were to revive the Wuxia Fiction forum and also persuade @WuxiaMaster to revise some characters' levels.

However, there is a lot of politics going on, so revising these characters' levels is not popular among the posters here.

I have accomplished my first goal and somewhat contributed to this forum and made it more lively than a few months ago.
    And it could also be said that I have accomplished my second goal, at least I have learned more about the characters that I like.

My personal analysis have not changed regarding Yang Guo.

If Jinyong were still alive, he would not be too specific when comparing two characters' martial arts, especially from different novels. The reason is because he would not want to downgrade the characters that he created and also would not want a public outrage.

All in all, I have accomplished my goals and my campaign ends here.

Respectfully,
    FeilongZ

Quote Originally Posted by FeilongZ View Post
    To all posters on the Wuxia Fiction forum:

After deep thoughts, I think @Ken Cheng, @Athena, @Ren Wo Xing, and other posters were right.
    Why do I need to push @WuxiaMaster to revise his official rankings base on my analysis and likings?

A few months ago I came to this forum and to my surprise, it was dead as the Death Valley, no new exciting threads and no posters to be found.
    My two goals were to revive the Wuxia Fiction forum and also persuade @WuxiaMaster to revise some characters' levels.

However, there is a lot of politics going on, so revising these characters' levels is not popular among the posters here.

I have accomplished my first goal and somewhat contributed to this forum and made it more lively than a few months ago.
    And it could also be said that I have accomplished my second goal, at least I have learned more about the characters that I like.

My personal analysis have not changed regarding Yang Guo.

If Jinyong were still alive, he would not be too specific when comparing two characters' martial arts, especially from different novels. The reason is because he would not want to downgrade the characters that he created and also would not want a public outrage.

All in all, I have accomplished my goals and my campaign ends here.

Respectfully,
    FeilongZ
    I agree with you we shouldn't "decreased" other characters level only to make our hero looks better..

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    I agree with you we shouldn't "decreased" other characters level only to make our hero looks better..
    Thank you for your support @Western Eccentric
    Sometimes we do not agree on certain things, but we have been great teammates.

That's why I never over-hype YG😶😶😶😶

Default Power Ranking

back to topic,
    @WuxiaMaster

Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaMaster View Post
    @WuxiaMaster
    LV 40: Miao Ren Feng (XSFH)
    LV 40: Hu Fei (FHWZ)
    LV 35: Miao Ren Feng (XSFH) – When he fought Hu Yi Dao
    LV 35: Hu Yi Dao (XSFH)
    LV 35: Miao Fan Tian (XSFH)
    LV 22: Hu Fei (FHWZ) – End of FHWZ

i think you made a typo (on the bold one), it should be lv 40: Hu Fei (XSFH), not (FHWZ).
    also there was no character name "Miao Fan Tian" in XSFH, so you need to remove it, if you mean those were their surname, then Tian Boguang is not as strong as Miao Renfeng and Hu Yidao.

then i found out that the only protagonist you didnt put on your list is Chen Jialuo from The book and the sword. so to make it complete, let's me propose his estimatation power level,
    i couldnt find any link of his feat vs heroes from other JY's novel at the moment, so i can only point out some things:
    - Chen Jialuo appeared in 2 novels, TBTS as the main protagonist, and FHWZ as minor character (or cameo appearance), in FHWZ , he easily had the upper hand position in just a few moves vs adolescent Hu Fei when they fought.
    - he was not the strongest character in TBTS, not even top three
    - he was 25 years old in TBTS, and about 35 years old in FHWZ (age can be a factor too right, we cannot ignore it at all)
    - his secret weapon is Go pieces, CMIIW it is just a standard Go piece, not made by metal or hard-type material (like yuan chengzi's), so i can say that his internal energy is deep to use such item as a projectile weapon
    - Duo black-white ghost Chang Hezhi and Chang Bozhi from red flower society, were just one or two levels above average fighter in TBTS, let's say C+ or B- , but in FHWZ, they were regarded as top pugilist (A-rated) . so the deterioration theory play here
    - Qing Dynasty era , so maximum only lv. 40

i think we should give Chen Jialuo (TBTS) a lv.30 , and Chen Jialuo (FHWZ) a lv.40 (at the same level with Miao Renfeng and Hu Fei XSFH).

anyone can share their idea, especially if you read all the three novels.

so my final personal opinion:

LV 40: Hu Fei (XSFH)
    LV40: Chen Jialuo (FHWZ)
    LV 30: Chen JIaluo (TBTS)
    Best Wuxia author of all time : master Jin Yong

then Tian Boguang is not as strong as Miao Renfeng and Hu Yidao.
    *sorry, i meant Tian Guinong

Hey guys, no need to get all worked up. Hope we can preserve the friendly atmosphere here. It's always good to spice things up and offer new point of views (without being overbearing of course)

---

On past few pages of discussion:

1. The controversy of SPW power level is brought up once again. On one hand we have people who think SPW novel should be ranked lower, due mainly to declining martial arts theory and the lack of emphasis on internal (e.g. LHC with no internal being able to dominate most of Wulin). SPW-naysayers feel DFBB should be LV75 (Condor Great), and everyone else should be adjusted down accordingly. The general Wulin would be much weaker (5 mountain leaders would be low lv30s). There were also posts wanting to nerf Chongxu to Wudang 7 heroes tier which would absolutely crush SPW levels.

2. On the other hand, we have mutliple evidence and feats by characters (XWT during his apperance, FZ mastering YJJ which is stated to have been preserved fully in Shaolin for hundred of years. No evidence that it is a different copy from DGSD). It is hard not to place FZ at ~Great level.

Previously DFBB was ranked as high as LV85 and was adjusted downwards (lowering his 1vX feat due to his 'demonic speed') Overall, I feel the chart has done its best to find a delicate balance between the two views.

----------------------------------

On Yang Guo, I will say that GWM and QQR are well known unperformers. In fact, this is stated in the FAQ on the first page which I will copy and paste here:

"There are several instance where the author narrative and a character actual performance differs greatly - most notably in Qiu Qian Ren and Jinlun Fawang case. For example:

1. Based on author narrative - We could rank Qiu Qian Ren 1 LV below the 4 Greats.
    2. Based on actual performance - We could rank Qiu Qian Ren 5 to 8 LV below the 4 Greats."

The same thing occurs with GWM. If we judge solely by JY description, he would seem to be just 2-3 LV below GJ. However, this is obviously not the case. (Mongol Camp battle, thought LMC is worthy opponent, loss against XLN, list goes on....)

Hence, I would give very little credit to this events:
    1. JY saying that Yideng can only hope to inch out a win against QQR after 1000 blow.
    2. An offscreen fight between QQR and GWM (2 underperfomers) which last a whole day.

----

Thanks a_tumiwa for the suggestions/error spotting. I am not familar with the The Book and Sword, so I'll incorporate in your rankings directly. You can see from the errors that people here are really not interested in the lower ranks - which is why these errors can slip pass for so many years.

Personally, I feel that the Great tier have been "discussed to death" (some for decade long), so it will really take some convincing to move them. On the other hand, the lower ranks are very rough and not explored in detail. I am sure there is a lot of room to move them around (e.g. QZ leaders, Wudang Heroes, 5 Mountain Sect Leaders tier and below)
    Last edited by WuxiaMaster; 08-29-21 at 11:28 AM.

Personally I agree with SPW characters ranking except for FQY he rank too high IMHO..

- he come from sword-faction so his inner strength should be not very good

- he never fought (and win) against someone at DFBB or great-level especially against all-rounded fighters with great palm skill like GJ or LDA expert like YD

- RWX only said about his supremacy in sword art not as a all-rounded martial artist

So I suggested FQY at Lv 74 based on his overall skills not only at swordmanship

Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    back to topic,
    @WuxiaMaster

i think you made a typo (on the bold one), it should be lv 40: Hu Fei (XSFH), not (FHWZ).
    also there was no character name "Miao Fan Tian" in XSFH, so you need to remove it, if you mean those were their surname, then Tian Boguang is not as strong as Miao Renfeng and Hu Yidao.

then i found out that the only protagonist you didnt put on your list is Chen Jialuo from The book and the sword. so to make it complete, let's me propose his estimatation power level,
    i couldnt find any link of his feat vs heroes from other JY's novel at the moment, so i can only point out some things:
    - Chen Jialuo appeared in 2 novels, TBTS as the main protagonist, and FHWZ as minor character (or cameo appearance), in FHWZ , he easily had the upper hand position in just a few moves vs adolescent Hu Fei when they fought.
    - he was not the strongest character in TBTS, not even top three
    - he was 25 years old in TBTS, and about 35 years old in FHWZ (age can be a factor too right, we cannot ignore it at all)
    - his secret weapon is Go pieces, CMIIW it is just a standard Go piece, not made by metal or hard-type material (like yuan chengzi's), so i can say that his internal energy is deep to use such item as a projectile weapon
    - Duo black-white ghost Chang Hezhi and Chang Bozhi from red flower society, were just one or two levels above average fighter in TBTS, let's say C+ or B- , but in FHWZ, they were regarded as top pugilist (A-rated) . so the deterioration theory play here
    - Qing Dynasty era , so maximum only lv. 40

i think we should give Chen Jialuo (TBTS) a lv.30 , and Chen Jialuo (FHWZ) a lv.40 (at the same level with Miao Renfeng and Hu Fei XSFH).

anyone can share their idea, especially if you read all the three novels.

so my final personal opinion:

LV 40: Hu Fei (XSFH)
    LV40: Chen Jialuo (FHWZ)
    LV 30: Chen JIaluo (TBTS)
    Wow that's mean Yuan Chengzhi would be better than Miao Renfeng and Hu Fei but how much🤔🤔🤔🤔

Does anybody really think Lin Yuantu is Wang Chongyang level? Just how truly good is QHBD?
    Last edited by Dirt; 08-29-21 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    Does anybody really think Lin Yuantu is Wang Chongyang level? Just how truly good is QHBD?
    I think he deserve in his place now since the people (YBQ and LPZ) with only learn his skill for months could become top fighter in short time similar with 9 Yin which could make ZZR reach Wudang Hero level less than 1 year so his level should be on Lv 75+ at least..