Page 76 of 98 FirstFirst ... 26666768697071727374757677787980818283848586 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 1941

Thread: Jinyong Character Level Ranking Chart

Quote Originally Posted by FeilongZ View Post
    Just my opinion:
    Feng Qing Yang at Level 80 is too high, even it is speculation.

I don't see his level as high as Guo Jing.

I cannot imagine FQY defeating pre-16 YG with the HIS and not any close to post-16 YG Sad Palms/HIS.
    Yeeep RWX only said that FQY swormanship better than him not his overall skill just HYS when he said that his palm skill not match for YG which doesn't mean his overall skill was "weaker" than YG..

So if RWX at Lv 70 then FQY I think only at Lv 74 (max)..

Based on my analysis/opinion:

LHC: Level 60
    (Low internal compared to RWX and FQY). He would not withstand 3 stances of pre-16 YG with HIS and most likely would be 1-shot KOed by post-16 YG Sad Palms/HIS if they meet randomly without knowing each other martial arts.

RWX: 65

FQY: 68

Based on my analysis/opinion:

LHC: Level 60
    (Low internal compared to RWX and FQY). He would not withstand 3 stances of pre-16 YG with HIS and most likely would be 1-shot KOed by post-16 YG Sad Palms/HIS if they meet randomly without knowing each other martial arts.

RWX: 65

FQY: 68
    I think FQY internal strength far below LHC since he come from sword faction while LHC from qi faction..

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    I think FQY internal strength far below LHC since he come from sword faction while LHC from qi faction..
    If FQY's internal is not that high, I think he does not meet the requirement to master DG9S's Palm Breaking Stance (high internal requirement).

If FQY's internal is not that high, I think he does not meet the requirement to master DG9S's Palm Breaking Stance (high internal requirement).
    His internal perhaps only a bit better than YBQ which around Bujie Monk (Yi Lin father)..

Guo Jing
    Lv 77 Pre 16 years/Mid ROCH

Yang Guo
    Lv 45 Post Jinlun Advice/using Hero Sword
    Lv 72 Pre 16 years Heavy Sword Yang Guo
    Lv 75 Wooden Sword Yang Guo/after 6 years ocean training

Zhang Wuji
    Lv 68 at Brightness Peak Battle
    Lv 70 after Taichi Lesson
    Lv 72 after Persian Martial Art Lesson
    Lv 75 end HSDS

By the way why Kurong ranks so high🤔
    To Western Eccentric:
    After going over and reading this thread again,
    I wonder why you rate pre-16 Yang Guo with the HIS at level 72.
    This is low for his performance against QQR and he would have defeated Jinlun Fawang in a similar fashion if not for the severely injured Xiaolongnu on his back.

My analysis of post-16 Yang Guo equipped with the legendary Heavy Iron Sword, which will boost his base level of 80 to minimum 85+ to 90+ depending how much of a multiplier the HIS and entering the wooden stage (increase power + techniques) add to his overall power.

My post from another thread:

Based on the source below, a 3.2 feet wide wave has a weight of 1100 pounds.
    However, the South Sea is known to have massive waves, so to repel the waves with speed of 20 miles per hour, Yang Guo's wooden sword must have exerted much greater than 1000 jins (1000 jin=1322.774 pounds).

Furthermore, the wooden sword should be the same length as the Heavy Iron Sword which is about 1 meter or 3.28 feet long.
    Based on the article the weight of 1 cubic meter of water (1000 liters) equals 1000 kg.
    Therefore, 1000 kg = 1666.667 jins/catties.

I wonder why Jinyong only always write "a force of 1000 jin/catty" when he referred to a palm force, weapon force. Why not write greater than or much greater than 1000 jin/catty. Something is not correct about his math.

Pre-16 Jinlun Fawang/YG with HIS force was equivalent to 1000 mins/catties.
    Post-16 Fawang double his internal and post-16 YG had similar internal + the wooden sword or HIS which boosted his overall power/force.
    Therefore, the force of post-16 Fawang/post-16 YG with HIS is much greater than 1000 jins/catties. Incredible!

Anyways, Yang Guo wooden sword must have exerted a force much greater than 1000 jin/catty to repel the ocean's waves.

The following source from surfertoday.com:

So let's do some math.

According to physicists, a breaking wave can apply a pressure of between 250-6,000 pounds per square foot (1,220-29,294 kilograms per square meter), depending on its height.

Can you handle numbers like this? There are many variables involved.

The salinity of the water (the world's average is 3.5 percent); the height, thickness, and width of the falling lip; the winds involved in the equation; traveling speed; etc.

Although the human body will not literally "feel" those massive numbers, it will definitely feel something.

Big waves are surely heavy.

1,000 Liters Equals 1,000 Kilograms
    If you want to get an overall weight for your specific wave, you can roughly memorize that a cubic meter of water (1,000 liters) weighs one metric tonne (1,000 kilograms). How about that?

For example, a 33-foot (10 meters) wave with a falling lip that is 66 feet (20 meters) wide will mean that, if you wipeout, you'll feel the equivalent of 410 tonnes (410,000 kilograms) over your body.

That's the weight of 488 Volkswagen Beetles (1967 model)!

Another example from the average surfer's perspective: imagine a 20-inch (50 centimeters) thick wave lip, only 3.2 feet wide, in a summer three-foot wave.

Total weight? A solid 500 kilograms (1,100 pounds).

The weight of a wave lip can be tremendous. So make sure your duck diving skills are up-to-scratch.

Protect your head and your back, too, because under such weight, obtaining oxygen will almost feel like a secondary need.

To Western Eccentric:
    This is low for his performance against QQR and he would have defeated Jinlun Fawang in a similar fashion if not for the severely injured Xiaolongnu on his back.

Well I think in terms of pure martial arts and skill wise pre 16 years HIS YG only deserve at Lv 72 or Lv 74 (my recent ranking)..

To Western Eccentric:

Well I think in terms of pure martial arts and skill wise pre 16 years HIS YG only deserve at Lv 72 or Lv 74 (my recent ranking)..
    Fair enough.
    I still think pre-16 YG could defeat the old Greats and at least fight to a draw with Guo Jing.

Fair enough.
    I still think pre-16 YG could defeat the old Greats and at least fight to a draw with Guo Jing.
    Agree..
    Pre 16 years HIS YG might be could beat LOCH Greats during 2nd Huashan duel but not ROCH Greats which more stronger than 20 years ago

Agree..
    Pre 16 years HIS YG might be could beat LOCH Greats during 2nd Huashan duel but not ROCH Greats which more stronger than 20 years ago
    Pre-16 and post-16 ROCH Greats are indeed powerful, but when compared to post-16 YG and GJ, they are a whole level (5 levels or more) below.
    Therefore, I think pre-16 YG with HIS was the most powerful already, except for GJ (maybe a draw).

Pre-16 and post-16 ROCH Greats are indeed powerful, but when compared to post-16 YG and GJ, they are a whole level (5 levels or more) below.
    Therefore, I think pre-16 YG with HIS was the most powerful already, except for GJ (maybe a draw).
    I never imagine pre 16 years HIS YG could beat pre 16 years ROCH HYS or H7G or YD..

I'm in the opinion that the DG9S that Linghu Chong and FQY learned and even if mastered is one tier below YG's Heavy Iron Sword and its techniques,
    "Simplicity brings Superiority."

Based on the analysis above, I think LHC, FQY, and all characters from the Xiao Ao Jiang Hu are too highly ranked and are overrated.
    I'm agree with you. All characters from XAJH are rated too highly. Here is some of the reason:

1. Even if it isn't stated directly, we can conclude that DG9S is technique that Dugu used before Heavy Iron Sword (based from his philosophy progress written in the tombs). Then FQY at his best is equal to Dugu in SWORDPLAY before he switched to heavy sword. I write swordplay in capital because we don't know anything about Dugu's internal energy level, but based from his claim to be undefeated, we can assume that he has some high level of inner energy too. While FQY clearly have Huashan inner energy skills which haven't performed by his predessor (Xianyu Tong from HSDS is damn weak lol)

2. Martial art deteriorate theory.
    as shown in some cases in JY novels, the martial art level become weaker when the teacher pass it to his student. (Unless the student learning other skills outside, not just from one sect). Wang Chong Yang is the greatest pugilist during pre LOCH era, but his students level (7 immortals of Quanzhen) are far from him. Zhang San Feng is said to have one of greatest internal level in HSDS, yet his students (7 heroes of Wudang) are clearly far inferior than him. Based on these facts, how can FQY be rated so highly when his predecessor (Xianyu Tong in HSDS) is damn weak? Xianyu Tong is Huashan leader during HSDS era. So he definitely practice same Huashan skills as FQY. Okay, FQY have DG9J which isnt Huashan skill, but we can assume his internal energy level is based from Huashan inner energy method, which either not good enough or because Xianyu Tong is lazy guy who skip all his martial classes
    Another case to review here is 7 Wudang heroes vs priest Chongxu. 7 Wudang herooes are ZSF 1st gen students. In theory, they should be Wudang's strongest disciple since they got training directly from the founder. But look at the rank, where are their levels? And then, like few generations later, here come priest Chongxu which level is placed far higher than even the strongest of 7 Wudang heroes. So far in JY novels, I never know disciple of a certain sect can be far stronger than his teachers

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern_Heretic View Post
    I'm agree with you. All characters from XAJH are rated too highly. Here is some of the reason:

1. Even if it isn't stated directly, we can conclude that DG9S is technique that Dugu used before Heavy Iron Sword (based from his philosophy progress written in the tombs). Then FQY at his best is equal to Dugu in SWORDPLAY before he switched to heavy sword. I write swordplay in capital because we don't know anything about Dugu's internal energy level, but based from his claim to be undefeated, we can assume that he has some high level of inner energy too. While FQY clearly have Huashan inner energy skills which haven't performed by his predessor (Xianyu Tong from HSDS is damn weak lol)

2. Martial art deteriorate theory.
    as shown in some cases in JY novels, the martial art level become weaker when the teacher pass it to his student. (Unless the student learning other skills outside, not just from one sect). Wang Chong Yang is the greatest pugilist during pre LOCH era, but his students level (7 immortals of Quanzhen) are far from him. Zhang San Feng is said to have one of greatest internal level in HSDS, yet his students (7 heroes of Wudang) are clearly far inferior than him. Based on these facts, how can FQY be rated so highly when his predecessor (Xianyu Tong in HSDS) is damn weak? Xianyu Tong is Huashan leader during HSDS era. So he definitely practice same Huashan skills as FQY. Okay, FQY have DG9J which isnt Huashan skill, but we can assume his internal energy level is based from Huashan inner energy method, which either not good enough or because Xianyu Tong is lazy guy who skip all his martial classes
    Another case to review here is 7 Wudang heroes vs priest Chongxu. 7 Wudang herooes are ZSF 1st gen students. In theory, they should be Wudang's strongest disciple since they got training directly from the founder. But look at the rank, where are their levels? And then, like few generations later, here come priest Chongxu which level is placed far higher than even the strongest of 7 Wudang heroes. So far in JY novels, I never know disciple of a certain sect can be far stronger than his teachers
    Great analysis Eastern Heretic!
    Maybe it is time for WuxiaMaster to revise/update his official rankings, not just characters from
    XAJH but also characters from other Jinyong's novels that are greatly debated.
    Doing this would make the forum alive and back to its Golden Days

Well I think except for FQY no one from SPW is "overrated" people like RWX and FZ were considered as good as LOCH Greats while DFBB as good as GJ/YG or a bit better..

Well I think except for FQY no one from SPW is "overrated" people like RWX and FZ were considered as good as LOCH Greats while DFBB as good as GJ/YG or a bit better..
    I cannot imagine post-16 YG equipped with the legendary Heavy Iron Sword could not defeat DFBB.
    I think if Jinyong were alive, he would say YG with the HIS would win, since he thought DG9S was greater than Sunflower manual.
    Therefore, there is no way he would downgrade his legendary, unbeatable character and his martial arts by saying YG cannot defeat DFBB with DGKB's HIS.

I cannot imagine post-16 YG equipped with the legendary Heavy Iron Sword could not defeat DFBB.
    I think if Jinyong were alive, he would say YG with the HIS would win, since he thought DG9S was greater than Sunflower manual.
    Therefore, there is no way he would downgrade his legendary, unbeatable character and his martial arts by saying YG cannot defeat DFBB with DGKB's HIS.
    I would say DFBB ~ GJ/YG no one could beat each other..

I would say DFBB ~ GJ/YG no one could beat each other..
    Is your analysis with full-powered Sad Palms or with the HIS?

FYI: Please take a look at my new thread, "Wuxia Fiction: GOAT posters"

Is your analysis with full-powered Sad Palms or with the HIS?

FYI: Please take a look at my new thread, "Wuxia Fiction: GOAT posters"
    Of course with HIS and Sad Palm..