Page 94 of 98 FirstFirst ... 44848586878889909192939495969798 LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 1941

Thread: Jinyong Character Level Ranking Chart

My final thought regarding some of "disputed" JY characters power level..

Lv 83 End-ROCH HIS Yang Guo (speculation)
    Lv 82 Xiao Feng (rage mode)
    Yang Guo (sad mode)
    Lv 80 End-ROCH Guo Jing (speculation)
    Yang Guo (normal mode)
    Jiumozhi
    Lv 78 Jinlun Fawang
    Zhang Sanfeng
    Lv 75 Lin Yuantu (speculation)
    Lv 74 Pre-16 years HIS Yang Guo
    Feng Qingyang
    Guo Xiang (speculation)
    Lv 70 Lin Chaoying (speculation)
    Lv 68 Linghu Chong
    Lv 67 Xuanci

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    My final thought regarding some of "disputed" JY characters power level..

Lv 83 End-ROCH HIS Yang Guo (speculation)
    Lv 82 Xiao Feng (rage mode)
    Yang Guo (sad mode)
    Lv 80 End-ROCH Guo Jing (speculation)
    Yang Guo (normal mode)
    Jiumozhi
    Lv 78 Jinlun Fawang
    Zhang Sanfeng
    Lv 75 Lin Yuantu (speculation)
    Lv 74 Pre-16 years HIS Yang Guo
    Feng Qingyang
    Guo Xiang (speculation)
    Lv 70 Lin Chaoying (speculation)
    Lv 68 Linghu Chong
    Lv 67 Xuanci
    How can you think that Xiao Feng in rage mode loses to Yang Guo?

How can you believe that Jinlun Fawang is above ZSF?

Quote Originally Posted by hyoyatika View Post
    How can you think that Xiao Feng in rage mode loses to Yang Guo?

How can you believe that Jinlun Fawang is above ZSF?
    I think JLFW and Z3F more or less equal but I highly doubt Z3F could "handle" JLFW flying wheels since even GJ don't dare to catch JLFW wheel barehanded also I think end-ROCH YG more deadly with HIS than "barehanded" XF..

my fav character is ling hu chong, if he is fully master dugu 9 jian and yi jin jing. where would u guys rank him ??

I always think Yijin Jing only "cure" LHC internal illness due his unorthodox Xixing Dafa training or also "boosted" his internal strength since we have Fangzheng which more than 30 years of Yijin Jing yet he only "equal" with RWX so even if LHC fully mastered Yijin Jing his internal should be not better than Fangzheng IMHO or even below Fangzheng..

I always think Yijin Jing only "cure" LHC internal illness due his unorthodox Xixing Dafa training or also "boosted" his internal strength since we have Fangzheng which more than 30 years of Yijin Jing yet he only "equal" with RWX so even if LHC fully mastered Yijin Jing his internal should be not better than Fangzheng IMHO or even below Fangzheng..
    The main thing here is that he has XXDF while FZ does not. XXDF plus YJJ = BMSG effect.

It is too Hax. In theory, if LHC was played like a video game character, he would even beat Sweeper Monk after some time. IT IS TOO HAX. He would be able to block YG's HIS with his fingers and kick YG flying at least until the next page or two of the comic book panels.

Thats why JY ended the book there and then.
    Last edited by CC; 11-30-21 at 05:07 PM.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

I mean if we read the novel properly LHC need Yijin Jing to "cure" his internal illness not to "boosting" his internal so as long his internal is "cured" his internal base would be between pure/orthodox Xixing Dafa or only Yijin Jing not Xixing Dafa + Yijin Jing that's why i always think he still couldn't compete with RWX or Fangzheng in terms of internal strength even in the end of the story also we never know how good palm/qi-breaking stance from DG9S since JY never description it in actual combat throughout the novel..

I mean if we read the novel properly LHC need Yijin Jing to "cure" his internal illness not to "boosting" his internal so as long his internal is "cured" his internal base would be between pure/orthodox Xixing Dafa or only Yijin Jing not Xixing Dafa + Yijin Jing that's why i always think he still couldn't compete with RWX or Fangzheng in terms of internal strength even in the end of the story also we never know how good palm/qi-breaking stance from DG9S since JY never description it in actual combat throughout the novel..
    No, the novel said YJJ managed to merge all his various absorbed streams into YJJ energy. That means he can keep absorbing and merging them.

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    The main thing here is that he has XXDF while FZ does not. XXDF plus YJJ = BMSG effect.

It is too Hax. In theory, if LHC was played like a video game character, he would even beat Sweeper Monk after some time. IT IS TOO HAX. He would be able to block YG's HIS with his fingers and kick YG flying at least until the next page or two of the comic book panels.

I think I could tolerate a few more pages of SMILING PROUD WANDERER.

To : CC
    No, the novel said YJJ managed to merge all his various absorbed streams into YJJ energy. That means he can keep absorbing and merging them.

So if RWX "successed" absorbing Fangzheng Yijin Jing it's mean he also could "merge" his Xixing Dafa and Yijin Jing🤔🤔🤔🤔

To : CC

So if RWX "successed" absorbing Fangzheng Yijin Jing it's mean he also could "merge" his Xixing Dafa and Yijin Jing🤔🤔🤔🤔
    Yes. YJJ was actually the solution to XXDF he was searching for.

We never saw the full power of BMSG but YJJ plus XXDF might even be scarier since LHC's XXDF was able to absorb thru weapons while DY needed bodily contact. I never liked the plotpoints of DG9J and BMSG. They are game breakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I think I could tolerate a few more pages of SMILING PROUD WANDERER.
    What? You mean you want LHC to excavate some manuals from YG that make him realise DG9J was only 10% of what YG had to offer and have the YG fanboiz go Rahrahrah?

Yes. YJJ was actually the solution to XXDF he was searching for.

We never saw the full power of BMSG but YJJ plus XXDF might even be scarier since LHC's XXDF was able to absorb thru weapons while DY needed bodily contact. I never liked the plotpoints of DG9J and BMSG. They are game breakers.
    Well but JY once said that LHC > YG in terms of swordmanship but YG outscored LHC in "power" though i dunno when JY said it he consider LHC with Yijin Jing/Xixing Dafa or not..

What? You mean you want LHC to excavate some manuals from YG that make him realise DG9J was only 10% of what YG had to offer and have the YG fanboiz go Rahrahrah?
    Then again, maybe not.

Wait a second...how can you have two such different outcomes for the same story? It's either one or the other...it can't be both.

My once a year visit to SPCNet and new messages, time to beat the dead horse.

Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaMaster View Post
    Increasing YG further to as high as LV83 : For justifying this based on his fight against GWM, I would once again attribute it to GWM unperformance. Remember that ZBT is only at LV77 so YG at 83 is really too high. Also, GJ supporters would riot.
    I think this is not quite fair as GWM Post 16 did not really have many 'underperform'-esque feats, he seemed to handle himself quite well with literally everyone. Even the final fight against YG, was anything that happened really underperformance? (No commentary on the leveling itself, more the rationale against his leveling)

Post 16 HIS YG is not rated as he never fought using it.
    This is quite strange since there are many characters that don't even appear that are rated based on speculation in the list. At the very least, with Post 16 HIS, we can use some novel-points to make some speculative level (even if rating with some buffer like 83-90). It seems reasonable to me for him to have a speculative level considering more discussion about that level happens than probably all the combined speculative characters on the list.

Some novel points:

- Pre 16 strength and ease at which he won with it
    - YG's confidence in not bringing it (e.g. he thought he got to a point where he can still beat GWM without HIS)
    - YG's -then- regret for not bringing it (aka 'HIS' is still stronger than his strongest point with sad palms)
    - YG's sad palms performance of <5 stances
    - YG's happy palms performance of 200-300 stances to beat GWM

At a baseline, one can speculate the bare minimum Post 16 YG HIS level is marginally better than his Sad Palms and if one were to make an (in my opinion) educated guess, his HIS should be substantially better than Sad Palms (e.g. 4-5 levels higher). This matches the HIS pedigree too, considering it's an art that should be seen as >Great level.

RWX at LV65 is not impossible, but I feel it would reduce the overall skill level of SPW quite a bit. Also, This would also reduce FZ accordingly, and I always place FZ at Great level (i.e full mastery of YJJ)
    This debate is overdone so won't really mention it but DFBB's performance ONE on ONE against LHC wasn't some ultra dominance like this forum likes to say. They exchanged blows several times (sorry if this is an exaggeration, it's been so many years). If DFBB was really so godlike, he would've one-stance'd owned LHC instead.

I don't know how much better FZ would've fared against DFBB.

Also, this is just my opinion but RWX's energy sucking ability does not seem as potent as DY. I don't know why but it seemed pretty crappy honestly, almost as bad as XLN's ice bed that will somehow level up your internal. This may be heresy but maybe his energy sucking ability is actually overhyped.

That said, I do believe LHC's Post-Novel potential is nigh limitless.

Hey guys, no need to get all worked up. Hope we can preserve the friendly atmosphere here. It's always good to spice things up and offer new point of views (without being overbearing of course)
    To be fair, I've read the past few pages and it seems a lot of vitriol is directed at one person only. I am not sure if there were warnings given but I've cherrypicked some messages I found to be unnecessary and/or passive aggressive.

"The YG fans for the past few pages have ruined this thread."
    "Seriously, can someone please make this stop? They have this amazing ability to turn ANY thread into stupid YG hype thread. It's incredible really."
    "Ever thought of discussing, rather than debating?"

As for the meta of why YG seems to be discussed so often, IMO, he seems one of the only characters on the list that is still misleveled.

Quote Originally Posted by CancerLuna View Post
    My once a year visit to SPCNet and new messages, time to beat the dead horse.

I think this is not quite fair as GWM Post 16 did not really have many 'underperform'-esque feats, he seemed to handle himself quite well with literally everyone. Even the final fight against YG, was anything that happened really underperformance? (No commentary on the leveling itself, more the rationale against his leveling)

This is quite strange since there are many characters that don't even appear that are rated based on speculation in the list. At the very least, with Post 16 HIS, we can use some novel-points to make some speculative level (even if rating with some buffer like 83-90). It seems reasonable to me for him to have a speculative level considering more discussion about that level happens than probably all the combined speculative characters on the list.

Some novel points:

- Pre 16 strength and ease at which he won with it
    - YG's confidence in not bringing it (e.g. he thought he got to a point where he can still beat GWM without HIS)
    - YG's -then- regret for not bringing it (aka 'HIS' is still stronger than his strongest point with sad palms)
    - YG's sad palms performance of <5 stances
    - YG's happy palms performance of 200-300 stances to beat GWM

At a baseline, one can speculate the bare minimum Post 16 YG HIS level is marginally better than his Sad Palms and if one were to make an (in my opinion) educated guess, his HIS should be substantially better than Sad Palms (e.g. 4-5 levels higher). This matches the HIS pedigree too, considering it's an art that should be seen as >Great level.

This debate is overdone so won't really mention it but DFBB's performance ONE on ONE against LHC wasn't some ultra dominance like this forum likes to say. They exchanged blows several times (sorry if this is an exaggeration, it's been so many years). If DFBB was really so godlike, he would've one-stance'd owned LHC instead.

I don't know how much better FZ would've fared against DFBB.

Also, this is just my opinion but RWX's energy sucking ability does not seem as potent as DY. I don't know why but it seemed pretty crappy honestly, almost as bad as XLN's ice bed that will somehow level up your internal. This may be heresy but maybe his energy sucking ability is actually overhyped.

That said, I do believe LHC's Post-Novel potential is nigh limitless.

To be fair, I've read the past few pages and it seems a lot of vitriol is directed at one person only. I am not sure if there were warnings given but I've cherrypicked some messages I found to be unnecessary and/or passive aggressive.

"The YG fans for the past few pages have ruined this thread."
    "Seriously, can someone please make this stop? They have this amazing ability to turn ANY thread into stupid YG hype thread. It's incredible really."
    "Ever thought of discussing, rather than debating?"

As for the meta of why YG seems to be discussed so often, IMO, he seems one of the only characters on the list that is still misleveled.
    Almost agree with you now I think Post-16 HIS YG should be 1 level above GJ/XF..

Almost agree with you now I think Post-16 HIS YG should be 1 level above GJ/XF..
    I like the chart as it presently stands. While it won't satisfy absolutely everybody (it never does), it does reflect the general consensus.

What is 1 level (5 levels on a scale of 100)?
    Please elaborate 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I like the chart as it presently stands. While it won't satisfy absolutely everybody (it never does), it does reflect the general consensus.
    That is why we have the current thread at your Facebook forum Ken.

There are unfinished revisions/additions/business we need to address regarding WuxiaMaster rankings.