Page 84 of 98 FirstFirst ... 34747576777879808182838485868788899091929394 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 1941

Thread: Jinyong Character Level Ranking Chart

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Wuji same like JLFW always having trouble against weird and bizarre technique while HIS not bizarre at all even this technique was very simple so Wuji would be able to handle that..
    Even QQR with near-Great martial arts and great combat experience, who Jinyong explicitly stated that Yideng could only win by half a stance, could not last ~200 stances against the HIS and its profound, clever techniques.
    I highly doubt Wuji and his inexperience would last 100 stances against the HIS.

Honestly I'm Wuji hater but doesn't make me disrespected Wuji skill especially his Yang Divine Arts which isn't joke at all..

Honestly I'm Wuji hater but doesn't make me disrespected Wuji skill especially his Yang Divine Arts which isn't joke at all..
    I don't hate Wuji at all.
    I love his good character, but although he has Great-level internal and skillsets, he is a clumsy fighter due to his lack of fighting experience.

Quote Originally Posted by FeilongZ View Post
    Even QQR with near-Great martial arts and great combat experience, who Jinyong explicitly stated that Yideng could only win by half a stance, could not last ~200 stances against the HIS and its profound, clever techniques.
    I highly doubt Wuji and his inexperience would last 100 stances against the HIS.
    I think it's more due Yideng lack skill in close fight (hand to hand) if HYS or OYF fought QQR at that time I think they could easily beat him under 500 moves..

I don't hate Wuji at all.
    I love his good character, but although he has Great-level internal and skillsets, he is a clumsy fighter due to his lack of fighting experience.
    I always think Wuji just like JLFW they have better internal than Greats but mediocre external and weak mentality to compensate..

Post fight with QQR even injured Yideng could "sweep away" his HIS from QQR chest so how could YG become the strongest pugilist at that time since even Yideng could moving away his HIS with Yiyang Zhi..
    The HIS was in a stationary position and it was not moving or thrusting, so of course someone with higher internal than YG could heat it up and push it aside.

If YG was thrusting the HIS with full force, Yideng's Solitary finger could not deflect the sword due to its momentum and great force.

I think if YG was to fight Yideng, he would be at a disadvantage due to his old age.
    YG at this point would have a high chance of defeating Yideng within 500 stances.

I think it's more due Yideng lack skill in close fight (hand to hand) if HYS or OYF fought QQR at that time I think they could easily beat him under 500 moves..
    It is possible.
    A lot of times, winning or losing fights are due to matchups.
    Sometimes character A has a skillset that character B is weak against, vice versa.

It is possible.
    A lot of times, winning or losing fights are due to matchups.
    Sometimes character A has a skillset that character B is weak against, vice versa.
    Further thoughts:
    HYS, OYF, or HQG defeating post-16 QQR within 500 stances is unlikely because post-16 JLFW took the whole day to defeat and mortally injure him.
    I don't see anything in HYS, OYF, or HQG's arsenals (power and technique-wise) that could accomplish this.

The HIS was in a stationary position and it was not moving or thrusting, so of course someone with higher internal than YG could heat it up and push it aside.

If YG was thrusting the HIS with full force, Yideng's Solitary finger could not deflect the sword due to its momentum and great force.

I think if YG was to fight Yideng, he would be at a disadvantage due to his old age.
    YG at this point would have a high chance of defeating Yideng within 500 stances.
    As long Yideng could keep distant with YG I think he would not lose..

Further thoughts:
    HYS, OYF, or HQG defeating post-16 QQR within 500 stances is unlikely because post-16 JLFW took the whole day to defeat and mortally injure him.
    I don't see anything in HYS, OYF, or HQG's arsenals (power and technique-wise) that could accomplish this.
    OYF have Snake Fist and H7Q have Dog Beating Skill all more than enough to getting QQR trouble..

DFBB FZ and RWX rangk too low and also LHC..
    Can't move them higher anymore, because if FZ & RWX = greats level, then LHC gonna be at XLN level. Then DFBB will be at least Wuyazi level lol to be able to be "equal" to a great level + XLN level + XWT. Don't forget even one XLN can match pre-16 years JLFW + 3 Mongol pugilists. Imagine DFBB vs XLN & ZBT and still easily toying with them?. I can't accept this

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern_Heretic View Post
    Can't move them higher anymore, because if FZ & RWX = greats level, then LHC gonna be at XLN level. Then DFBB will be at least Wuyazi level lol to be able to be "equal" to a great level + XLN level + XWT. Don't forget even one XLN can match pre-16 years JLFW + 3 Mongol pugilists. Imagine DFBB vs XLN & ZBT and still easily toying with them?. I can't accept this
    Nach if XLN could "solo" JLFW + 3 Mongolian Mercenaries + 5 Quanzhen Masters why DFBB which considered have better martial arts than XLN couldn't did the same thing "toyed" with RWX + LHC + XWT also good at 1 vs XX not always good also at 1 vs 1 that's why people like Bat King though might be good at 1 vs XX due to his demonic speed couldn't beat Mijue or Xie Xun at 1 vs 1 duel..

Nach if XLN could "solo" JLFW + 3 Mongolian Mercenaries + 5 Quanzhen Masters...
    Like the scene in LOCH when Gwok Jing momentarily held off West Poison Au Yeung Fung, Kau Cheen Yan, *and* Chow Bak Tung at the same time, the results of that fight were *very* circumstantial and it's unlikely it would be replicated with similar results in a second or third encounter. Heck, if the Golden Wheel Monk only remembered what he was good at, Little Dragon Girl would have become a bloody smear on the pavement.

Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post

Ken Cheng: Like the scene in LOCH when Gwok Jing momentarily held off West Poison Au Yeung Fung, Kau Cheen Yan, *and* Chow Bak Tung at the same time, the results of that fight were *very* circumstantial and it's unlikely it would be replicated with similar results in a second or third encounter. Heck, if the Golden Wheel Monk only remembered what he was good at, Little Dragon Girl would have become a bloody smear on the pavement.

===> True indeed.
    XLN was able to briefly hold off JLFW + 3 Mongolian Mercenaries + 5 Quanzhen Masters due to the combination of Jade Maiden, Left-Right technique, and her great lightness skills.
    If JLFW or the gang decided to use shear force to overcome her speed, XLN would be no more.

If XLN died:
    1. YG with the HIS would go on a killing spree and then commit suicide.
    2. Commit suicide on the spot.
    Then the story would probably end at that point of time

Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post

Ken Cheng: Like the scene in LOCH when Gwok Jing momentarily held off West Poison Au Yeung Fung, Kau Cheen Yan, *and* Chow Bak Tung at the same time, the results of that fight were *very* circumstantial and it's unlikely it would be replicated with similar results in a second or third encounter. Heck, if the Golden Wheel Monk only remembered what he was good at, Little Dragon Girl would have become a bloody smear on the pavement.

===> True indeed.
    XLN was able to briefly hold off JLFW + 3 Mongolian Mercenaries + 5 Quanzhen Masters due to the combination of Jade Maiden, Left-Right technique, and her great lightness skills.
    If JLFW or the gang decided to use shear force to overcome her speed, XLN would be no more.

If XLN died:
    1. YG with the HIS would go on a killing spree and then commit suicide.
    2. Commit suicide on the spot.
    Then the story would probably end at that point of time
    That might have made for an epic ending, really. Bring the roof down on everybody, literally, just like Samson in the Bible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    That might have made for an epic ending, really. Bring the roof down on everybody, literally, just like Samson in the Bible.
    Didn't you mentioned in one of your posts that Jinyong was going to write a tragic ending for ROCH?

Didn't you mentioned in one of your posts that Jinyong was going to write a tragic ending for ROCH?
    Yeah...but he chickened out because fans would have hated it. I actually wish he had gone for it.

Yeah...but he chickened out because fans would have hated it. I actually wish he had gone for it.
    Wow Ken.
    That would be cold-blooded and not fun at all.
    No 16-year separation and agony.
    No ocean training and no Sad Palms.
    No endless debate of YG vs GJ or vs XF....
    No YG superfans like Western Eccentric and FeilongZ.
    No headaches for Ken Cheng due to YG superfans.
    ......No spending endless hours on the Wuxia Fiction forum....No excitement or fun at all....

Wow Ken.
    That would be cold-blooded and not fun at all.
    No 16-year separation and agony.
    No ocean training and no Sad Palms.
    No endless debate of YG vs GJ or vs XF....
    No YG superfans like Western Eccentric and FeilongZ.
    No headaches for Ken Cheng due to YG superfans.
    ......No spending endless hours on the Wuxia Fiction forum....No excitement or fun at all....
    Would have been epic, actually. I compared that hypothetical scenario to Samson, but it would also be kind of like Oedipus blinding himself after having unwittingly fulfilled the prophecy he had tried so hard to avoid. It would also have shades of Hamlet immolating himself along with his enemies.

Would have been epic, actually. I compared that hypothetical scenario to Samson, but it would also be kind of like Oedipus blinding himself after having unwittingly fulfilled the prophecy he had tried so hard to avoid. It would also have shades of Hamlet immolating himself along with his enemies.
    Do you really want an ending where YG ends up with Guo Fu though? Iirc that’s what was originally planned. It’s so eww.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!