Page 80 of 98 FirstFirst ... 30707172737475767778798081828384858687888990 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 1941

Thread: Jinyong Character Level Ranking Chart

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    WCY indeed beat OYF and destroy his Hama Gong but for me it's more sneak attack than fair duel..
    In a fair fight, it certainly would have taken longer, but the end result would likely be the same.

So that's mean only YG could "easily" beat another Greats within few stances 😀😀😀😀

So that's mean only YG could "easily" beat another Greats within few stances 😀😀😀😀
    If he pretends to be dead, and then pops out of his coffin during his funeral, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Fifty strokes sounds reasonable enough to me. Ten strokes would have Wong Chung Yeung close to Dook Goo Kau Bai/Hui Juk/Janitor Monk territory, and while Wong was great, I'm not sure he was quite in *that* class.

Poor Au Yeung Fung...he never would have guessed a "dead" man would jump out of his own coffin to strike him.
    Yay for WCY the Undead!! It must have been a really scary sight for OYF.

Still, think about the first Huashan tournament. WCY beat all 4 Greats. Now of course they gave him time to recuperate but it couldn't be that much, not to mention the mental fatigue and by the 4th fight, everyone must have seen all of his signature moves and figured out the counterattacks, if any.

Can you imagine anyone from the trilogy who can beat all 4 original Greats in one meeting? WCY was really head and shoulders above everyone else. Pathetic GWM would have been a cakewalk for him.

Quote Originally Posted by EdenResident View Post
    Yay for WCY the Undead!! It must have been a really scary sight for OYF.

Still, think about the first Huashan tournament. WCY beat all 4 Greats. Now of course they gave him time to recuperate but it couldn't be that much, not to mention the mental fatigue and by the 4th fight, everyone must have seen all of his signature moves and figured out the counterattacks, if any.

Can you imagine anyone from the trilogy who can beat all 4 original Greats in one meeting? WCY was really head and shoulders above everyone else. Pathetic GWM would have been a cakewalk for him.
    I remember that the First Mt. Hua Sword Tournament was a week-long event, which encompassed discussion about martial arts as well as sparring. Not sure how long the fighting itself took to resolve, but I imagine we're talking about days. My theory is that though Wong Chung Yeung decisively defeated the other four, the effort took so much out of him that he died just a year or so later, even though he wasn't that old and was in great shape before the tournament.

Still the fact would be changed YG was the first and only Greats which could beat another Greats within few moves..

Still the fact would be changed YG was the first and only Greats which could beat another Greats within few moves..
    Every fight in the history of fighting essentially ends with the final blow that KOs the opponent, but that's not how fights are adjudicated or judged. When Muhammad Ali's or Mike Tyson's opponent goes down, the last thing that happens is that the opponent got punched...but did it happen after 12 or 15 rounds of fighting, or within seconds of the opening bell? Context matters.

Yeung Gor did not show up at the site of the final duel with the Golden Wheel Monk and then 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...it was over. That is NOT how it happened.

Still doesn't change the fact that YG able to beat JLFW only in 5 moves no one Greats could beat another Greats within 10 moves except for YG..

Still doesn't change the fact that YG able to beat JLFW only in 5 moves no one Greats could beat another Greats within 10 moves except for YG..
    Heck, if you're going to judge it that way, you might as well say Gwok Jing defeated the Golden Wheel Monk in *one* palm after their exchange at Luk Family Manor. The monk was injured and unable to continue fighting; he just hid his injury.

It's might be true but JLFW nowhere near of GJ level at that time I would say he is one notch below GJ that very different with post 16 years ago..

It took QQR 8+ hits on Yideng to make him spit blood.

Post-16 JLFW who doubled his internal had higher internal energy than Yideng.

YG unleashed full-powered Sad Palms and kicked JLFW once on his chest during the final battle and he spit blood and fell down, severely injured.

The six-year ocean training is no joke, it is like one-hit K.O. if the opponent gets hit, even someone with immense internal energy and strength like JLFW with 10th level Dragon Elephant Prana Palms.

Quote Originally Posted by FeilongZ View Post
    It took QQR 8+ hits on Yideng to make him spit blood.

Post-16 JLFW who doubled his internal had higher internal energy than Yideng.

YG unleashed full-powered Sad Palms and kicked JLFW once on his chest during the final battle and he spit blood and fell down, severely injured.

The six-year ocean training is no joke, it is like one-hit K.O. if the opponent gets hit, even someone with immense internal energy and strength like JLFW with 10th level Dragon Elephant Prana Palms.
    No one Greats could kill another Greats only by his/her powerful palm/blow..

Well I wonder how strong is LHC and FQY compared with Condor Greats..

Well I wonder how strong is LHC and FQY compared with Condor Greats..
    I think since LHC and FQY are from the sword sect, so internal is not too important for them.
    Once they go against Great-caliber opponents with great internal and great techniques, I think both LHC and FQY would be at a disadvantage.

My theory regarding LHC's sword level and overall martial arts level:
    It looks like LHC was learning DGKB's first sword stage, during Dugu's teenage years.
    Also, great internal energy likely would not be required for this stage.
    Since this is DGKB's first stage and LHC did not fully mastered it, his overall level should not be ranked at 69.

In comparison, post-16 YG has fully mastered Stage 3 of the HIS and beyond, so he should be ranked much higher than LHC or downgrade LHC's level.
    This analysis of LHC's level would ultimately affect the levels of all SPW characters' rankings.

DGKB's stages:

The first sword
    "(My First Sword) was so sharp, strong and fierce that none may withstand it. With this sword, I used to strive for mastery against all the heroes of the Northern Plains during my teenage years."
    The second sword
    "(My Second Sword) was violet in hue and flexible in movement. I used it in my twenties, and with it I mistakenly wounded righteous men. It turned out to be a Weapon of Doom which caused me endless remorse, so I cast it into a deep canyon."
    The third sword
    "(My Third Sword) was heavy and blunt. The uttermost cunning is based on simplicity. With it's help, I roamed the entire Empire under Heaven unopposed in my thirties."
    The fourth sword
    "After the age of forty, I am no longer hampered by any weaponry. Grass, trees, bamboos and rocks can all be my swords. Since then I have developed my skills even further, so that gradually I am becoming able to win the battle without reaching for arms."

I think since LHC and FQY are from the sword sect, so internal is not too important for them.
    Once they go against Great-caliber opponents with great internal and great techniques, I think both LHC and FQY would be at a disadvantage.

My theory regarding LHC's sword level and overall martial arts level:
    It looks like LHC was learning DGKB's first sword stage, during Dugu's teenage years.
    Also, great internal energy likely would not be required for this stage.
    Since this is DGKB's first stage and LHC did not fully mastered it, his overall level should not be ranked at 69.

In comparison, post-16 YG has fully mastered Stage 3 of the HIS and beyond, so he should be ranked much higher than LHC or downgrade LHC's level.
    This analysis of LHC's level would ultimately affect the levels of all SPW characters' rankings.

DGKB's stages:

The first sword
    "(My First Sword) was so sharp, strong and fierce that none may withstand it. With this sword, I used to strive for mastery against all the heroes of the Northern Plains during my teenage years."
    The second sword
    "(My Second Sword) was violet in hue and flexible in movement. I used it in my twenties, and with it I mistakenly wounded righteous men. It turned out to be a Weapon of Doom which caused me endless remorse, so I cast it into a deep canyon."
    The third sword
    "(My Third Sword) was heavy and blunt. The uttermost cunning is based on simplicity. With it's help, I roamed the entire Empire under Heaven unopposed in my thirties."
    The fourth sword
    "After the age of forty, I am no longer hampered by any weaponry. Grass, trees, bamboos and rocks can all be my swords. Since then I have developed my skills even further, so that gradually I am becoming able to win the battle without reaching for arms."
    Agree with this. At best DG9J is the skill which used second sword, because 3rd sword is heavy sword and Dugu clearly stated 'simplicity', we can see this at YG when he fight with this 3rd sword. Simple move but with so much power, totally opposite of DG9J. 4th sword implied a skill which required high internal energy, since he can use anything he can find as 'sword'.

So at best, FQY is at XLN level. Great sword skills, great agility, but less internal energy.
    LHC will be slightly weaker than FQY.
    But, as my previous post stated, I'm very concerned about whole XAJH martial level, since one of the "greats" or "top elite" in that era is priest Chongxu, which I still 100% believe that Chongxu won't be near 4 greats level. We already see how is 7 Wudang heroes (2nd gen Wudang leader) level, and ebbes Miejue (3rd gen Emei leader) level, which far weaker than Guo Xiang's speculation peak level which should be near ZSF..
    So, this fact support my opinion, that FQY at XLN level, and rest of the XAJH top elites below XLN level, with DFBB at ROCH 4 greats level

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern_Heretic View Post
    Agree with this. At best DG9J is the skill which used second sword, because 3rd sword is heavy sword and Dugu clearly stated 'simplicity', we can see this at YG when he fight with this 3rd sword. Simple move but with so much power, totally opposite of DG9J. 4th sword implied a skill which required high internal energy, since he can use anything he can find as 'sword'.

So at best, FQY is at XLN level. Great sword skills, great agility, but less internal energy.
    But, as my previous post stated, I'm very concerned about whole XAJH martial level, since one of the "greats" or "top elite" in that era is priest Chongxu, which I still 100% believe that Chongxu won't be near 4 greats level. We already see how is 7 Wudang heroes (2nd gen Wudang leader) level, and ebbes Miejue (3rd gen Emei leader) level, which far weaker than Guo Xiang's speculation peak level which should be near ZSF..
    So, this fact support my opinion, that FQY at XLN level, and rest of the XAJH top elites below XLN level, with DFBB at ROCH 4 greats level
    I think FQY have better internal than XLN since Feng Buping his martial brother have better internal than YBQ so FQY internal at least on par with Feng Buping which better than YBQ/XLN..

Could not have said it better.
    I have similar analysis regarding the SPW characters' levels.

Could not have said it better.
    I have similar analysis regarding the SPW characters' levels.
    To be honest it's hard to believe FQY or LHC only as good as XLN..

To be honest it's hard to believe FQY or LHC only as good as XLN..
    It's not that hard to imagine actually. Even ZSF himself (the founder, should be the greatest in term of inner energy level and martial arts overall in Wudang) failed to make equal successor in terms of martial ability. Then Yu Lianzhou (2nd gen chief and strongest from 7 Wudang heroes) produce 3rd gen chief. The best Yu Lianzhou can do is create successor as strong as him .. and go on until a hundred year (approximately) and here comes ?th gen chief, priest CX which is regarded as one of the best pugilist in that time, only RWX, abbot FZ, FQY (speculation) are slightly better than him.

And, "only as good as XLN"? XLN herself is already considered very strong lol. Her only weakness is mediocre inner energy. Jade Maiden swordplay by itself maybe can be defeated by DG9J, because as long as has pattern, DG9J can counter it. But with Technique of Ambidexterity, her attack speed is doubled. I will say the chance is 50-50 betweeen them if they duel.

It's not that hard to imagine actually. Even ZSF himself (the founder, should be the greatest in term of inner energy level and martial arts overall in Wudang) failed to make equal successor in terms of martial ability. Then Yu Lianzhou (2nd gen chief and strongest from 7 Wudang heroes) produce 3rd gen chief. The best Yu Lianzhou can do is create successor as strong as him .. and go on until a hundred year (approximately) and here comes ?th gen chief, priest CX which is regarded as one of the best pugilist in that time, only RWX, abbot FZ, FQY (speculation) are slightly better than him.

And, "only as good as XLN"? XLN herself is already considered very strong lol. Her only weakness is mediocre inner energy. Jade Maiden swordplay by itself maybe can be defeated by DG9J, because as long as has pattern, DG9J can counter it. But with Technique of Ambidexterity, her attack speed is doubled. I will say the chance is 50-50 between them if they duel.
    Sounds about right.