Page 85 of 98 FirstFirst ... 35757677787980818283848586878889909192939495 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 1941

Thread: Jinyong Character Level Ranking Chart

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Do you really want an ending where YG ends up with Guo Fu though? Iirc that’s what was originally planned. It’s so eww.
    No, not THAT ending...the one FeilongZ proposed (and I amended) by having Yeung Gor *literally* bringing the roof (of the Chung Yeung Temple) down on all of his enemies and himself. It started in the Ancient Tomb and it ends with Wong Chung Yeung's Taoist temple...becoming another kind of tomb. Kind of poetic, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Do you really want an ending where YG ends up with Guo Fu though? Iirc that’s what was originally planned. It’s so eww.
    Not watchable. Disgusting. LoL
    No endless tv series adaptations....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    No, not THAT ending...the one FeilongZ proposed (and I amended) by having Yeung Gor *literally* bringing the roof (of the Chung Yeung Temple) down on all of his enemies and himself. It started in the Ancient Tomb and it ends with Wong Chung Yeung's Taoist temple...becoming another kind of tomb. Kind of poetic, really.
    It would only be cool if YG somehow has created or learned Sad Palms.
    Unleashing his agony and anger on everyone.
    Kind of like Xiao Feng in rage mode.
    Would make a great alternative ending movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Nach if XLN could "solo" JLFW + 3 Mongolian Mercenaries + 5 Quanzhen Masters why DFBB which considered have better martial arts than XLN couldn't did the same thing "toyed" with RWX + LHC + XWT also good at 1 vs XX not always good also at 1 vs 1 that's why people like Bat King though might be good at 1 vs XX due to his demonic speed couldn't beat Mijue or Xie Xun at 1 vs 1 duel..
    It's different case. In XLN case, only because of her agility n her increased speed so she can hold the JLFW & the ganks. But she has no chance of winning at all. In DFBB case, he surely gonna win even if it take longer time, if not for the distraction. The superiority is there, only matter of time till he can defeat the weakest of them (XWT). So the point is, DFBB clearly in different league compared to even RWX. If RWX = let's say Ou Yang Feng, then LHC = XLN and XWT =lets say Murong Fu. DFBB will be at least Wuyazi level to clearly show superiority of martial art despite being attacked by 3 of them

I mean if someone like XLN could hold her own against multiple opponents though the opponent true skill might be stronger than her (i.e JLFW) then no surprise at all if DFBB also could doing the same thing especially if we consider DFBB > XLN so it's not automatically make DFBB far better than RWX but with superior speed and agility you could "toying" your opponent the novel itself confirm that it was due DFBB superb speed not because DFBB level far ahead RWX and LHC..

Hmm... correct me if I am wrong, but from my recollection GWM never joined in the gang fight against XLN.

It was 2 separate fights:
    1. XLN vs Mongol Gang
    2. XLN vs GWM

On the 1st part, she is actually far ahead of everyone else if you see the chart again. At this point, She is LV70 while the Mongol Gang are all at LV50. There is nothing they can do except to defend. So yes it is quite similar to DFBB battle.

If somehow my memory is wrong and GWM did participate in the gang fight part, then it is just another example of GWM severely underperforming. Recall that he thought/regard Li Mo Chou (LV48) and Nimo Xing (LV50) as "strong opponents". -.-

Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaMaster View Post
    Hmm... correct me if I am wrong, but from my recollection GWM never joined in the gang fight against XLN.

1. XLN vs Mongol Gang
    2. XLN vs GWM

On the 1st part, she is actually far ahead of everyone else if you see the chart again. At this point, She is LV70 while the Mongol Gang are all at LV50. There is nothing they can do except to defend. So yes it is quite similar to DFBB battle.

If somehow my memory is wrong and GWM did participate in the gang fight part, then it is just another example of GWM severely underperforming. Recall that he thought/regard Li Mo Chou (LV48) and Nimo Xing (LV50) as "strong opponents". -.-
    Even useless Ma Gwong Jor was able to clod him on the head at one point. 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaMaster View Post

1. XLN vs Mongol Gang
    2. XLN vs GWM

It happened in fight 2 just before the remaining Quanzhen masters burst out of their cave - the other Mongol mercenaries saw the monk's blood spraying onto XLN's clothes and were afraid that he was about to lose, so they joined in.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Kwok View Post
    It happened in fight 2 just before the remaining Quanzhen masters burst out of their cave - the other Mongol mercenaries saw the monk's blood spraying onto XLN's clothes and were afraid that he was about to lose, so they joined in.
    JLFW, why didn't you use shear force to overwhelm XLN, so we could have an alternative ending like @Ken Cheng and @FeilongZ would have imagined, destroy everthing and tear down the Quanzhen temple with the HIS.
    This scenario would be epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Kwok View Post
    Yeeep you're right..

Even useless Ma Gwong Jor was able to clod him on the head at one point. 🙂
    Poor baldie..

Reading old posts regarding DGSD vs ROCH characters:

In 2003 @superboy and (some posters) quoted, "I read them all and combined with the feats done in DGSD, I'll say QF is several times better [than the Greats]."

In 2021 (most posters), "they are roughly equal, especially regarding the DGSD elites vs YG and GJ."

In the past I think Xiaoyao Elders and Xuzhu and also Duan Yu weaker than XF but after I read other posters comment I change my mind and force to believe that XF and Greats isn't stronger than Xiaoyao Elders..

In the past I think Xiaoyao Elders and Xuzhu and also Duan Yu weaker than XF but after I read other posters comment I change my mind and force to believe that XF and Greats isn't stronger than Xiaoyao Elders..
    Wow!
    You thought XF was stronger than the Xiaoyao Elders....maybe like how the other posters think before because XF was performing ~15 to 30 meters LDA.

I didn't take the bait and thought that the author was probably exaggerating the martial arts and feats of the DGSD characters.

Also, I was analyzing DGSD vs ROCH characters based on their overall martials arts, not just feats.

Posted by @Battosai in 2003:
    "In fact, I think LHC at the end of SOD can kill GJ, though not YG ".

-Shaking my head in disbelief-

By @HanSolo in 2003:
    "I would like to suggest that QF fighting YTZ and MRF together is like fighting two Greats at the same time, which more impressive than most things GJ had done before."

By @superboy in 2003:
    "Actually I think that both MRF and YTZ is more powerful than the combination of 2 Greats."
    "Oh, I was saying MRF+YTZ>2 Greats, not sure about individually MRF or YTZ going against 2 Greats at once. But I think there is still a chance they might not lose, especially with the superior inner strength of YTZ."

===> I'm reading these old posts and I'm feeling very amazed how a lot of posters years ago think lowly of the Greats and ROCH martial arts as a whole.
    Unbelievable!

Quote Originally Posted by FeilongZ View Post
    By @HanSolo in 2003:
    "I would like to suggest that QF fighting YTZ and MRF together is like fighting two Greats at the same time, which more impressive than most things GJ had done before."

By @superboy in 2003:
    "Actually I think that both MRF and YTZ is more powerful than the combination of 2 Greats."
    "Oh, I was saying MRF+YTZ>2 Greats, not sure about individually MRF or YTZ going against 2 Greats at once. But I think there is still a chance they might not lose, especially with the superior inner strength of YTZ."

===> I'm reading these old posts and I'm feeling very amazed how a lot of posters years ago think lowly of the Greats and ROCH martial arts as a whole.
    Unbelievable!
    Except for Wuji I think no one Greats could non-stop exchange palm blow to blow with You Tanzhi even for YG..

Quote Originally Posted by FeilongZ View Post
    Wow!
    You thought XF was stronger than the Xiaoyao Elders....maybe like how the other posters think before because XF was performing ~15 to 30 meters LDA.

I didn't take the bait and thought that the author was probably exaggerating the martial arts and feats of the DGSD characters.

Also, I was analyzing DGSD vs ROCH characters based on their overall martials arts, not just feats.
    XF and DGSD Elites could 1-Hit K.O people at Du Monks level while no one of Condor Greats have the ability to 1-Hit K.O Du Monks not even YG or GJ..

XF and DGSD Elites could 1-Hit K.O people at Du Monks level while no one of Condor Greats have the ability to 1-Hit K.O Du Monks not even YG or GJ..
    Hui Juk and higher level can, but I'm not 100% sure Kiu Fung could pull it off.

Hui Juk and higher level can, but I'm not 100% sure Kiu Fung could pull it off.
    I mean the clear advantage of DGSD Elites vs Greats is the fact that every of DGSD Elites could 1-Hit K.O people at Du Monks level (i.e The Xuan Monks) while in Trilogy I think no one Greats could 1 Hit K.O any of Du Jie or Du Nan not even GJ or YG..