Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coincidentally

bubcas,

Do you remember what happens to Annie's blind mother? The only recollection I have is after Annie and Frankie died and become ghosts or was it before? And Annie came home to fix the roof because it was raining. I don't remember what's become of Annie's mother does she get sick and die?

What's your name mean?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

if i remember they didn't talk to about her that much, after frankie and annie take care of her, i think she know that annie is death already and they part but she still stay back there and i guess annie sister is going to take care by sending money to her. but it kind of weird that they just write her out of the story.

I've been looking for Coincidentally too but I haven't found it yet. Everyone kept saying how cute it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    I hate every role Kristy takes on because there all so similiar! She's also a third wheel in My Date with a Vampire and a third wheel in the Snow is Red. Although she's only less annoying in Snow is Red because Alice Chan's role is more annoying than hers. If you switched Kristy and Alice's role, we'll see that Kristy is still annoying-er!
    Kristy wasn't annoying in SiR. I liked her character a lot. She was intelligent and cute. She's one of the few 3rd wheels that I like more than the girl who got the guy (another is Tse Ning vs. Kitty Lai in Dik Ching). I'm just upset they didn't create a guy worthy of her love. I was glad Fong and Chan ended up together cuz they were both *ugh* and they deserved each other. So when you say switch their role, Kristy would be more annoying, you mean the actress herself is annoying?

Quote Originally Posted by hinako442003
    I've been looking for Coincidentally too but I haven't found it yet. Everyone kept saying how cute it is.

Kristy wasn't annoying in SiR. I liked her character a lot. She was intelligent and cute. She's one of the few 3rd wheels that I like more than the girl who got the guy (another is Tse Ning vs. Kitty Lai in Dik Ching). I'm just upset they didn't create a guy worthy of her love. I was glad Fong and Chan ended up together cuz they were both *ugh* and they deserved each other. So when you say switch their role, Kristy would be more annoying, you mean the actress herself is annoying?
    I meant the role too would make her extra annoying. If she was really intelligent, she would've picked somebody worthy and smart instead of some idiot who got all the luck of getting taught martial arts by Lawerence Yan's character and all the stuff he got and did not deserve at all.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

i really hate snow red and hate alice chan. God, that guy is stupid and i don't get why she had to fall in love with him, he is like guo jing in condor heroe but i hate his character so much more. She did so much for him, i find the second generation which is kristy mother is more interesting to watch than the third generation. THeir love story is really crap

Quote Originally Posted by Linda
    she was in the 91 version of the Yang Family as Mui KwaiYing??
    Yes, she was. I remember she was quite convincing in that role.

Kristy wasn't annoying in SiR. I liked her character a lot. She was intelligent and cute. She's one of the few 3rd wheels that I like more than the girl who got the guy (another is Tse Ning vs. Kitty Lai in Dik Ching). I'm just upset they didn't create a guy worthy of her love. I was glad Fong and Chan ended up together cuz they were both *ugh* and they deserved each other.
    That is probably the only time I like Kristy's role in any show. I know how you feel, I wished she could find someone else more deserving.

bubcas,

Do you remember what happens to Annie's blind mother? The only recollection I have is after Annie and Frankie died and become ghosts or was it before? And Annie came home to fix the roof because it was raining. I don't remember what's become of Annie's mother does she get sick and die?

What's your name mean?
    No, Annie's mother did not die. After she found out that Annie is dead, she just had to face the fact that she just have to move on with her life by herself even though she was blind. But the ending, she was reunited with the rest of the family and took a very nice family picture.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

After finished watching this series, I still prefer Frankie & Annie in Colorful Life. Somehow, in this series Annie don't look as pretty as the rest of her series. I'm a big fan of Annie but maybe it is her hairstyle and her looks just don't match with Frankie at all. Sorry to say that. Frankie looked old with her due to her looks.

On the other hand, Kristy looked pretty even before she got married. Both hairstyles matches her very well. But just her character in this series really gets to my nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by bubcas
    After finished watching this series, I still prefer Frankie & Annie in Colorful Life. Somehow, in this series Annie don't look as pretty as the rest of her series. I'm a big fan of Annie but maybe it is her hairstyle and her looks just don't match with Frankie at all. Sorry to say that. Frankie looked old with her due to her looks.

On the other hand, Kristy looked pretty even before she got married. Both hairstyles matches her very well. But just her character in this series really gets to my nerves.

Annie was still very young when she took on this role. Maybe you should try Vampire Experts 1 or 2? Frankie and Annie was in the first one I think and the 2nd one I don't think i've seen or I could be mixing it up with a different series I saw Annie and Norman Tsui was in there too. Can't be sure. Hmmm..

Have you seen "I came from Guangzhou" I think that's the title and Annie is in that series with Stephen Au, Nathan Chan, the fat guy, Wong Mei and Andrew Yuen. Andrew played the General's son and Wong Mei was an activist. Stephen Au played the erhu and had a specialty in building things with wood. The series was set in the time when Japan was invading China. Oh yeah, Nathan Chan was a restaraunt owner and an activist brother who loved Wong Mei and the other was a family fortune spender who was quite useless until he had ane experience that made him become a better person through struggle.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 09-10-06 at 12:27 AM.

Suet Seung: Thanks for your recommendation on some other ATV series.

Hmmm....Vampire Experts...it's kinda scary too isn't it? I'm a bit surprised on myself that I managed to finished watching Coincidentally on my own staying up late to watch it. Maybe I am too chicken when it comes to chinese ghost stories, they tend to be scarier than the western ones.

I know Annie was still young in this series about 21. But just her hairstyle doesn't match her. I still prefers her with longer hair or ancient hairstyle.
    Last edited by bubcas; 09-11-06 at 01:52 AM.

I meant the role too would make her extra annoying. If she was really intelligent, she would've picked somebody worthy and smart instead of some idiot who got all the luck of getting taught martial arts by Lawerence Yan's character and all the stuff he got and did not deserve at all.
    well... love is something to do w/ the heart rather than w/ the mind. you can't really help it >_< and there wasn't really any other guy in that entire series for her, they're all idiots lolz.

oh yeah i remember "i came from guangzhou" ... but wasn't it depressing? a similar setting was "down memory lane" with frankie, alex, and michelle... but it might have been a tvb production

well... love is something to do w/ the heart rather than w/ the mind. you can't really help it >_< and there wasn't really any other guy in that entire series for her, they're all idiots lolz.

oh yeah i remember "i came from guangzhou" ... but wasn't it depressing? a similar setting was "down memory lane" with frankie, alex, and michelle... but it might have been a tvb production
    It was depressing because it was during the Chinese and Japanese war but it ended on a happy note because all the couples were entering a different stage in their relationship -expectant parents!

i love this series! certainly one of the good atv series
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

*SPOILERS ALERT*

I don't get the part what happened to the fierced ghost (Alice Chan)? Did the ghost catcher (not sure the actor's name but he played a lot of other shows as ghost catcher too) caught her into the string of beads? This scene is a bit confusing coz Annie was hanging in the air by her while Frankie is on the bed.

Lol, this thread really has covered a broad number of topics! ^____^ Lets see where I should jump in

I found the story involving Frankie, Annie, and Alice to be quite interesting. The first life where Frankie and Annie is already a married couple, but I believe Frankie had an affair with Alice or something like that. Scenes from that previous life was shown in the beginning and they sort of mentioned more about it, but then suddenly nothing else. I wouldn't have minded more onto that.

As for either Frankie and Annie in Colourful Life or in here. I would have to say this serie. Do agree with you though Bubcas that Annie didn't look fantastic in here. Her costume and hairstyle just didn't suit her too well. However I thought the story was better and more interesting. Colourful Life was cute nevertheless, but wasn't serious. I'm bigger on "dramas" than comedies.

I'm also in agreence on how Kristy seems to always get such similiar roles. Not sure if its because she is stereotyped or just always wants those roles. I have never really been a fan of her's either, but will say she is pretty. Of all her series I think I prefer her in MDWAV since at least her character had "life" opposed to some of these other productions where she is always so wooden.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Kristy's character in this series really gets to my nerves that I've actually fast forwarding them. She was so draggy.....

A few weeks ago I've seen her in the movie The Duel starring Ekin Cheng, Nick Cheung, Andy Lau and Vickie Zhou. In this movie, Kristy paired with Ekin but her character is more or less the same in Coincidentally!

Yes, on the early life of Frankie, Annie & Alice. He had an affair with Alice who is a prostitute in the brothel. Becoz Alice loves Frankie so much and he doesn't want to marry her becoz he is already married, she set up a plan to overdose Frankie and herself with opium. But Frankie was safe by Annie when she found out about their affair. That is why Alice died and seek revenge in their next lives. Very interesting.

Default NewComer..

OOhh, Coincidentally is a great movie. I love that movie...i think that is the first movie ever that i've watched Annie. She is so pretty. So is Kristy. but her role in the movie was really weak. Including her other movies as well. I just really wanna watch one movie of hers for sure tho. Its called the Duel i think. One with Eken Cheng in it. Something like that. Not so sure of it tho. Hmm...in the Snow is Red, she looks very pretty in that one. And i really felt sad for her in that one too. She led a sad life thats why. Unlike her annoying sister (Alice) But you know wat i like? I really like the flute song that she was playing....really nice. Do anyone know where i can find or download it?? If so...please tell me more about it.

Quote Originally Posted by bubcas
    No, Annie's mother did not die. After she found out that Annie is dead, she just had to face the fact that she just have to move on with her life by herself even though she was blind. But the ending, she was reunited with the rest of the family and took a very nice family picture.
    the mother was not in the nice family picture in the end. only frankie's mother was, not annie's.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Hey, i agree with you. Kristy was intelligent and cute. I like her character in the movie...how she plays the flute and all too. But the only part that i hated was the fact that she had to like the dude, and sad how she had to have a sister like alice...and i am too very glade the two got together. They both matches. But still...Kristy should've got wid someone too. But not that dude tho. He really don't deserve to be wid kristy, and im glad they didn't get together. Or else, that would of been a not so good ending.

You're lucky becauze I found the serie on the net.Just a questio are you Vietnamese?
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://i9.tinypic.com/2cp4137.jpg'), '')