Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Coincidentally

Ok first thngs first - this was a great series and I agree with GOH that I prefer this one over Colorful Life although CL was much funnier but one of those TVB ghetto-ness that I don't like sometimes and the fact the family is so fake-y until near the end. But this one is somewhat mostly focuses on Frankie and Annie and it always link back to their story. I agree that Kristy's character is kind of annoying in here but I don't think that Kristy's character is annoying in Snow Is Red. I love her in there although wrong choice to chose the guy - but maybe 'cause he has a kind heart? Lame reason but still. Other than that, I hate him in the series but he wasn't that lame or stupid or useless in the novel by Ngoa Long Sinh (not sure how to translate that to Pin Yin). He character is not the best but a lot more likeable in the novel. Don't want to get too side-track but last point: Kwok Jing (Quach Tinh) is no where near Andrew Yuen's character since he's a lot more useful and although too stubborn sometimes on his policy and beliefs but at least he does pick the right girl! (lol)

Edit:
    Ok, almost forgot and sorry that getting way off topic now but comparing to several of Kristy's role (since I didn't watch them all), I recently watched MDWAV I-III again and thought her roles in the first 2 wasn't that annoying. I thought she's worst in Coincidentally. It's just that most of us wants Eric & Joey to be together that we hate her or thinks that she's annoying.

Getting back to the topic:
    Recommend this series to anyone.
    Last edited by DTLCT; 04-04-07 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DTLCT
    Ok first thngs first - this was a great series and I agree with GOH that I prefer this one over Colorful Life although CL was much funnier but one of those TVB ghetto-ness that I don't like sometimes and the fact the family is so fake-y until near the end. But this one is somewhat mostly focuses on Frankie and Annie and it always link back to their story. I agree that Kristy's character is kind of annoying in here but I don't think that Kristy's character is annoying in Snow Is Red. I love her in there although wrong choice to chose the guy - but maybe 'cause he has a kind heart? Lame reason but still. Other than that, I hate him in the series but he wasn't that lame or stupid or useless in the novel by Ngoa Long Sinh (not sure how to translate that to Pin Yin). He character is not the best but a lot more likeable in the novel. Don't want to get too side-track but last point: Kwok Jing (Quach Tinh) is no where near Andrew Yuen's character since he's a lot more useful and although too stubborn sometimes on his policy and beliefs but at least he does pick the right girl! (lol)

Edit:
    Ok, almost forgot and sorry that getting way off topic now but comparing to several of Kristy's role (since I didn't watch them all), I recently watched MDWAV I-III again and thought her roles in the first 2 wasn't that annoying. I thought she's worst in Coincidentally. It's just that most of us wants Eric & Joey to be together that we hate her or thinks that she's annoying.

Getting back to the topic:
    Recommend this series to anyone.

Kristy wasnt annoying in MDWAV, it was her char was too naive to notice that eric and joey were in love....
    coincidentally was one of the worst with her in it., she couldnt let go even though he was a ghost, i mean ghost and human cant be together, period! she was so obssessed that she didnt notice that eric was in love with her until right at the end...
    i loved kristys char in snow is red, pride of chiaozhuo but she die in that, swordsman, flaming brother... i thought she was weird to go after her sis's boyfriend after she die so quickly but hey... i also liked her in chor lau heung!

Quote Originally Posted by angelbabiie
    Kristy wasnt annoying in MDWAV, it was her char was too naive to notice that eric and joey were in love....
    coincidentally was one of the worst with her in it., she couldnt let go even though he was a ghost, i mean ghost and human cant be together, period! she was so obssessed that she didnt notice that eric was in love with her until right at the end...
    i loved kristys char in snow is red, pride of chiaozhuo but she die in that, swordsman, flaming brother... i thought she was weird to go after her sis's boyfriend after she die so quickly but hey... i also liked her in chor lau heung!
    Yea, that's what I thought. I mean she's just naive in there but at least she didn't go and try to use manipulative means to get to Eric, right? I meant after she knows finally about Eric & Joey. So I thought her character isn't that annoying.

Oh yea, that reminds me -> She was really cute in CLH. Too bad the series went blah since they merged in every single case that CLH solved - that's why it's like they're dead and he moves on to the next one in 2 shakes *shrugs*.

In Coincidentally, I think she does know somewhat that Eric likes her but she's in denial and also 'cause she's just too obsessed with Frankie to accept Eric. Her turning point wasn't covincing though with how she finally got it 'cause she was like she's dying so she could finally be with Frankie, etc but then couple talks later she changes her mind? Too fast for me.

I rewatching this series right now. I still love it as much as the first time I watched it. I've rewatched this many times, but this is the first time in about 7-8 years or more. It's almost like watching it for the first time because I've forgotten about the details of the story, but only vaguely of some scenes. I disliked Kristy's character before, but now I feel pity for her. She loved Frankie, but he only saw her as a little sister.
    I'm wondering why Frankie Lam only seem to have one series with ATV or are there more that I don't know of?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I've bought this series 2 years ago, watched it but chicken out to re-watch it! Maybe is the begining of the episodes when the brothel was haunted by this ghost. Man... she freaks me out! Plus the background music is scary.
    However, at the same time some parts was hilarious when the people was possessed by the ghost.

Kristy's character in this series is so boring! I ended up fast-forwarding her scenes.

Oh, Frankie also stars in Vampire Returns with ATV.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

Quote Originally Posted by bubcas View Post
    I've bought this series 2 years ago, watched it but chicken out to re-watch it! Maybe is the begining of the episodes when the brothel was haunted by this ghost. Man... she freaks me out! Plus the background music is scary.
    However, at the same time some parts was hilarious when the people was possessed by the ghost.

Kristy's character in this series is so boring! I ended up fast-forwarding her scenes.

Oh, Frankie also stars in Vampire Returns with ATV.
    Oh yeah, I almost forgot with the Southern Ghost Hunter Master Mao, which coincedetally had Annie, Kristy, and Eric in there too (no pun).

What about that ghost/vampire series with Annie Man and Norman Tsui? It was a sequel?

Yeah, the beginning parts are kinda spooky, but hehe its not that scary. Just watch it with the lights on. I'm considering buying this series on DVD, since some heartless person lost my vhs version.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Default Looking for this series - help

Hi. I am looking for a ATV series but I forgot the title name. It starring Frankie Lam, Anne Man, Kristy and Deric( all from Vampire Expert). I believe in the series Kristy is a window, Deric is a policeman, Anne is a ghost. Frankie and Anne are pair and Kristy and Deric are pair. THe majority of the series take place in a brothl.

If I'm not wrong, the series you're looking for is Coincidentally.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://hkadb.net/images/a/ae/Coincidentally.jpg')

Summary from HKADB

Jin Pang (Frankie Lam), a son of a rich family, liked to play around and wasted his family money. His mother once heard from a wisewoman that Pang cannot pass his birthday that year. Fear of the prominition to come true, his mother ordered a maid of their house, Yu Chu (Annie Man) to look after Pang and make sure that he will not leave the house. However, Yu Chu herself was a playful person herself. Rather than making sure Pang will not leave the house, she often went out of the house with him.

In attempt of persuading Pang to be more mature and to get rid of the coming bad luck, Pang's mother decided to marry Pang to his fiance, Lai Khuan (Kristy Yeung). However, at their wedding day, Pang left to a brothel where Yu Chu's sister was sold to. Concerned with her sister, Yu Chu followed him there. Pang's lover from his past reincarnation, a ghost had been seeking a revenge on them and finally took their lives at the brothel. It was only when Pang became a ghost along with Yu Chu that he started to learn how to be a good person. However, he later found himself trapped in a relationship between Yu Chu and Lai Khuan.

The thread about it is right here:
    http://spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=17420

thank you guys . by any chance, do you guys know the Vietnamese title of it and where can i watch it?

Quote Originally Posted by litomissbk View Post
    thank you guys . by any chance, do you guys know the Vietnamese title of it and where can i watch it?
    Duyen Kiep Luan Hoi.

Default Wondering about the English Title.

Man, I still don't understand why the English title is "Coincidentally" when none of the events are a coincidence and the other meaning of coincidentally "happening at the same time" is a stretch.

Yes, the Mama-san is very funny. She acted very well in this series. I've also seen her in Fated Love but her character was entirely different.
    what's her role is FAted Love? Was her Amy's sister?

Default QUESTIONS??????????

click to show/hide spoilers
    I just finished rewatching the series after so many years. Annie and Crystal's mom did appear in the ending. I just didn't remember her showing up in the series after the part where Annie came to visit her at home. That's good to see everyone happy.

I just don't understand when they took a picture Frankie, his mom and Annie showed up just as they were taking the picture. Eric and Kristy's son is the reincarnated Frankie and Annie became Crystal and her husband's daughter. Frankie's mom reincarnated right after she died. So how is that possible? So weird.

Default Coincidentally 撞到正 (等著你回來)

very old series starring frankie lam, annie man, eric wan, kristy yang.

i love this series. i'm desperately searching for this dvd/vcd for ages. it was once available in yesasia, but now it's out of stock. then after years of waiting i saw it uploaded in youtube (yes! cantonese version) downloaded them already but the quality is not so good (the sound will just turn off at some parts in several episodes). i want the vcd or dvd for my collection. can anybody help?
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Hi goddess! Long time no speak.

Finally I get to watch Coincidentally after all these years. Yes, she is the mother of the ghost boy. I like to watch her with the guy who is the egg tart boss. He is funny when he tried to chase after her. Sadly, this actor passed away last year. He is a good actor.

Oh really?? Alice Chan played A Dream Named Desire 2. I did not watch this series. But I saw she also played in a few other movies as a ghost. I have to say she acted well as a ghost too.
    Wow I did not know that Actor passed away, I have seen him in a couple of tvb series. I agree that he is a good actor.

The story with Alice Chan reminds me of rouge with Anita mui.

In regards to Kristy, at first I felt bad for her character in here as she was trying to help with the family business but her character did started to get annoying after awhile. I really like her as the moth demon in vampire expert 2.

Quote Originally Posted by cindytran View Post
    what's her role is FAted Love? Was her Amy's sister?
    ahh I like her too, yes she was the sister, felt bad for her character in fated love. She was also white snake in my date with a vampire. I really like her there too.

Just realize Bonnie lai is also in this series. I really like her since snow is red.