Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [What if?] XLN with Great Level internal energy

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    Anyone with enough internal energy can make almost any weak martial arts do wonders.

Example: Xuzhu countering Jiumozhi's exquisite Prana Palm (which was described to be the finest palm style in shaolin) with the most basic Shaolin technique; Xiao Feng destroying advanced shaolin techniques with the basic Ancestor's Long Fist.
    But XLN is much faster than those people defeated, right?

I personally think that XLN will have a great advantage first due to her speed, but then, maybe if GJ/YG keeps randomly blasting around, XLN wouldnt be able to get near too.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    Anyone with enough internal energy can make almost any weak martial arts do wonders.

Example: Xuzhu countering Jiumozhi's exquisite Prana Palm (which was described to be the finest palm style in shaolin) with the most basic Shaolin technique; Xiao Feng destroying advanced shaolin techniques with the basic Ancestor's Long Fist.
    It does have to be said these were very different situations.

Xu Zhu was able to do what he did solely because of his OMGWTFBBQ inner power. His Luohan Fist was nothing special; in fact, he ended up resorting to just repeating the exact same stance over and over again, which would make his Luohan Fist really sub-par.

On the other hand, Xiao Feng's execution of Founder's Long Fist was described as very exquisite. The emphasis seemed to be on Xiao Feng's technique and not his inner power.

So in one case it is inner power backing up a weak martial art, and in the other case it is great skill and subtlety transforming a weak martial art into a strong one.

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey

On the other hand, Xiao Feng's execution of Founder's Long Fist was described as very exquisite. The emphasis seemed to be on Xiao Feng's technique and not his inner power.

So in one case it is inner power backing up a weak martial art, and in the other case it is great skill and subtlety transforming a weak martial art into a strong one.
    Even though you are correct that XF was able to enhance the technique of Taizu Fist, but you still can't deny the fact that his internal power was OMGWTFBBQ compared to the others at JY Manor. If you ask me, I would say that the strongest fighters other than XF, are the 2 Xuan monks. And in the 3rd edition with palm exchanges, the Xuan Monks are only 30% of XF.....
    I think it's obvious that the others are even weaker than that they are even less than 30% of XF.
    So XF still has a ENORMOUS advantage in internal compared to the others.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

I love how the same fist technique is referred to using 3 separate names in 3 successive posts.

Newbies must be confused all the time by the different English names and the usage of both Mandarin and Cantonese.

I assume it's- Taizu Fist, Founder's Long Fist, and Ancestor's Long Fist?

Well, there is also.... Xian Long 18 Zhang, Hong Long 18 Zhang (in Canton is it?), Dragon 18 Subdueing Palm, and XL18Z.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚

I've also seen Dragon Palms and some others.

I think what would really get confusing is something like Luohanquan and Luohan Fist and then someone starts talking about Arhat Boxing.

or sometimes some people get confused with Arhat Demon Subdueing Gong, LHFMSG, Luo Han Fu Muo Sen Gong. That Arhat word is confusing to newbies.

Who can match XLN with great level inner power? A post 16 year YG with both of his arms.

On a serious note, I think heavy iron sword would be a pretty good match up against XLN.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimeron
    Who can match XLN with great level inner power? A post 16 year YG with both of his arms.

On a serious note, I think heavy iron sword would be a pretty good match up against XLN.

What about Lin Chao Ying? Would she lose to her grand-disciple? I think LCY would be equally fast and stronger in power but XLN knew the left/right technique so maybe fighting 2 XLNs will be a bit too much for LCY as well.

Can't believe I miss this topic.

This made me think, if the 16 yrs seperation did not occur. YG was able to heal SLN injuries. It would be very lightly after 16 yrs, SLN would have Great Level inner power. With the help of YG, she might even refine Jade Maiden Swordplay and make the attacks powerful and deadly.

loss of enough blood by anyone, warrior spirit or not, will disability anyone.

What ever XLN assumed to have, she can't possibly beat yang Guo, she just can't bear the sight of hurting her Gou'er.

She would be DFBB in ROCH but I doubt she is strong enough to beat any of GJ or YG..