Page 74 of 77 FirstFirst ... 246465666768697071727374757677 LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 1522

Thread: Demi-God Semi-Devils

Quote Originally Posted by bteoh View Post
    Hi Justin, Thanks so much for your persistence, patience and hard work! The translation of Chapter 50 is rather different from the other translations as it was based on Indonesian version. The names for example, are very differently spelled. Temujin also said that he was just producing a rough translation. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to touch up that translation a bit and put it together with yours.
    I suppose that would not hurt. I'm going back to camp soon. Will work on it after Good Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin13 View Post
    I suppose that would not hurt. I'm going back to camp soon. Will work on it after Good Friday.

Hi Justin, Thanks so much for your persistence, patience and hard work! The translation of Chapter 50 is rather different from the other translations as it was based on Indonesian version. The names for example, are very differently spelled. Temujin also said that he was just producing a rough translation. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to touch up that translation a bit and put it together with yours.
    yeah, not only he use Hokkian character name, but its based on 1st edition of novel, while Justin use 2nd edition

Thanks so much! I've been trying to get someone to pick this up for 2 years, you are our savior :P
    If you are have time after his, could you get started on sword stained with royal blood by Jinyong as well? Just a small start so other translators could pick it up. It is the last of jinyong novels that are not yet translated and I have been dying to read it!

Thks Justin.

Chapter 50 Getting Ruler to break an arrow
    6 Armies Conditional Exchange
    A Hero’s Fury

By now, the sky is gradually darkening and a few Imperial soldiers are lighting up the lanterns and candles situated all over the main hall. Using the illumination of the candlelight, Xiang Feng peered at the piece of paper. Eight tiny words were written: Major reinforcements have arrived; tonight, you will be freed.

Xiao Feng snorted once and shook his head. Ah Zi reassured: "This time round, our forces are truly significant. With excellent fighters and sturdy horses, this battle is as good as won. Victory is within our grasp and you need not worry about anything at all." Xiao Feng reminded: "It is precisely that I wanted to avoid bloodshed that the Emperor has imprisoned me here." Ah Zi disputed: "To win a battle, it is the strategy that counts, not the number of deaths and injuries."

Xiao Feng turned his eyes towards the other three influencers. Either by using a folded fan or their large sleeves, the three of them are trying their best to cover their faces and are unwilling to exchange glances with anyone. They are naturally the accomplices of Ah Zi. Xiao Feng sighed once and remarked: "I deeply appreciate your kind gestures. However, the enemy has mounted a strong defense of the city. To attack it by force, the chances of victory are slim..."

Before he could finish, he was interrupted by some Imperial soldiers yelling: "Venomous snakes! Venomous snakes! Where did these countless snakes come from?" From the door frame and window frame, numerous venomous snakes are slithering into the compound. Raising their heads and flicking their tongues, the snakes wriggled into the hall, throwing everyone into chaos. Xiao Feng was inspired: Observing the formations of the venomous snakes, they resembled the work of my Beggar's Sect brethren!

Using their long pikes and waist sabres, the Imperial soldiers started smacking the snakes. An Imperial Lieutenant loudly commanded: "The Imperial soldiers guarding Khan Xiao must stay in their respective positions. Those who disobey will be executed!" This Lieutenant is especially alert. Noting the abnormal behavior of these snakes, he is afraid that Xiao Feng would take the opportunity to escape among the confusion. As commanded, the Imperial soldiers surrounding the steel cage remained steadfast in their posts, the tip of their long pikes pointing at Xiao Feng inside the cage. Nevertheless, the soldiers cannot help but glance to their sides, keeping a lookout for the venomous snakes. If any snake came close enough, they would beat it with their pikes.

Amidst the chaos, another din broke out from the back of the Khan residence: "Fire! Fire! Come and put out the fire! Come and put out the fire!"

The Lieutenant barked: "Kai Huer, report to Commander Du and ask him if we should relocate Khan Xiao!" Kai Huer is a 100-men Master Sergeant. Acknowledging the order, he turned around and was about to speed off when he was interrupted by a man roaring fiercely at the hall entrance: "DO NOT BE TRICKED BY SPIES INTO ABANDONING YOUR POSTS! If anyone tries to break Xiao Feng out of prison, stab him (XF) to death with your pikes!" It was Commander Du himself. Brandishing a long sabre, he stood at the hall entrance with an awe-inspiring aura.

Out of nowhere, someone hurled a tiny green snake towards his face. As Commander Du raised his sabre to intercept the flying snake, sounds of 'chi chi' pierced the air. Hidden projectiles have been fired. In a few seconds, all the lanterns and candles in the main hall have been extinguished and the hall instantly became pitch black. Hit by secret projectiles too, Commander Du shouted 'Ah!' as he collapsed on his back.

Retrieving a superior dagger from her sleeve, Ah Zi reached into the steel cage and with a few 'ka ka ka' sounds, she cut opened the chains binding Xiao Feng's shackles. Xiao Feng thought: This animal cage has steel bars that are solid and thick; even if you have a better dagger, it would take you some time to cut through it.

At this moment, he suddenly felt the ground below his feet caving in. Outside the cage, Ah Zi whispered: "Quickly escape through the underground tunnel!" Next, a pair of hands reached out from the ground and latched onto Xiao Feng's feet; with a downward pull, Xiao Feng's entire body was being dragged into the ground. It is DaLi country's tunneling expert Hua Hegen at work. Using more than 10 days, he constructed a tunnel that leads straight to the bottom of Xiao Feng’s steel cage.

Pulling Xiao Feng, Hua Hegen crawled through the tunnel. His crawling speed is amazing and it felt like they were walking on normal ground. In an instant, they have travelled more than half a kilometre. Helping Xiao Feng on his feet, Hua Hegen led him out of the tunnel. At the entrance of the tunnel, three persons with huge grins on their faces came up and welcomed them. They turned out to be Duan Yu, Fan Hua and Ba Tianshi. Pouncing at Xiao Feng and giving him a bear hug, Duan Yu called out: “Big Brother!”

Xiao Feng laughed loudly and praised: “I have heard rumours about Minister Hua’s divine skill. After experiencing it first hand today, I am full of admiration.”

Hua Hegen merrily acknowledged: “To receive such a tremendous commendation from Khan Xiao’s esteemed mouth, this has got to be the highlight of my career!”

Their present location is not far from the Southern Khan Residence and all around them, they could hear the shouting of Liao soldiers. Blowing a horn, a rider rode past the house they were hiding and hollered in a loud voice: “The East gate is under attack by enemies. The Imperial troops are to stay put and guard your original positions. No departure is permitted!” Fan Hua suggested: “Khan Xiao, let’s break out via the West gate!” Xiao Feng nodded his head in agreement: “Excellent idea! Has Ah Zi and the others made their escape?”

Before Fan Hua could answer, the voice of Ah Zi was heard from the tunnel: “Brother in law, you still care for me after all.” Her voice is filled with feelings of happiness. With a ‘ka la chi’ sound, she popped out of the tunnel. Removing the beard stuck on her chin, her entire head and face is full of mud and dust, giving her a filthy appearance. But in the eyes of Xiao Feng, since the day he met her, she is at her prettiest.

Unsheathing her superior dagger, Ah Zi is prepared to cut the shackles on Xiao Feng. However, the shackles are tight and pressing on his flesh; if she uses too much force, she would undoubtedly wound him. It is a challenging task indeed. Handing the superior dagger to Duan Yu, Ah Zi advised: “Brother, you should do it.” Receiving the superior dagger, Duan Yu activated his internal energy and cut the shackles like he is cutting a piece of wooden board.

At this juncture, another three persons exited the tunnel. They are Zhong Ling, Mu Wanqing and an 8-pouch disciple from Beggar’s Sect. This particular disciple is an expert snake handler. The scattering of snakes in the main hall and the ensuring chaos is a trick devised by him. When this disciple saw that Xiao Feng is safe and unhurt, he wept with happiness, saying: “Chief, you…”

It has been a long time since anybody addresses him as ‘Chief’. Appreciating this Beggar’s Sect disciple’s expression, Xiao Feng was swelling with emotions too. He complimented: “It must be hard on you.” With this praise, the 8-pouch disciple is overwhelmed with gratitude and honour, and tears continued streaming down his face.

Fan Hua urged: “The soldiers and riders of DaLi country are already attacking the East gate, let’s make our escape among this pandemonium! Khan Xiao, you should refrain from making any moves or someone might recognize you.” Xiao Feng agreed: “That is right!” The nine of them sped out of the main door of a house. Xiao Feng turned his head back for a look and realised the tunnel entrance is in an abandoned tiled house. On the outside, the house is an ordinary looking building. In Khitan language, Ah Zi yelled: “Fire! Fire!” Fan Hua, Hua Hegen and the others copied her yelling and started shouting too. Perceiving the absence of Liao soldiers in the streets, Fan Hua, Ba Tianshi and the others started setting fire all over the area. In a few minutes, several locations are burning ferociously.

The nine of them continued to flee westwards. Duan Yu and the others have disguised themselves as Khitan people. By now, the city is in complete disarray and no one paid any attention to them. Occasionally, when they detect a large platoon of Khitan riders on their tail, the nine of them would hide in the shadows of nearby structures. Passing through ten odd streets, a horn was heard bellowing from the north and large groups of people started shouting: “Bad news! Bad news! The enemy troops have taken the North gate and the Emperor has been captured by them!”

Xiao Feng was shocked. Halting, he pleaded: “The Emperor of Liao has been captured? Third Brother, the Emperor of Liao is my Foster Elder Brother; although his treatment of me is lacking in humanity, I cannot go against the code of brotherhood. You must not hurt him…” Ah Zi giggled: “Brother in law, you can put your mind at ease. These shoutings are from the thirty-six Cave Chiefs and seventy-two Island Chiefs of Lingjiu Palace. I taught them these few Khitan phrases and got them to practice until they became eloquent. Right now, by shouting these phrases, rumours will start spreading and this will add to the instability of the population. The Southern Capital City is originally fortified with a heavy military presence; in addition, the Emperor is protected by tens of thousands of Imperial troops. How could he be easily captured?” Xiao Feng was delighted and surprised. He quizzed: “The subordinates of Second Brother are here too?”

Ah Zi responded: “It is not only the subordinates of Little Monk; Little Monk is here himself, in fact, even the wife of Little Monk is here too.” Xiao Feng enquired: “Wife of Little Monk?” Ah Zi giggled: “Brother in law, this is something you are ignorant about. The wife of Xu Zhu Zi is the Princess of Xixia. However, her face is constantly shielded by a veil; except for Little Monk, nobody else is allowed see her genuine appearance. I asked Little Monk: Is your wife a beauty? Little Monk always smiled and evaded my question.”

Although Xiao Feng learnt about this unbelievable development while he is on the run, he could not help but feel rather happy for Xu Zhu. In the same context, he glanced towards Duan Yu. Duan Yu chuckled: “Big Brother need not worry too much, Little Brother is completely satisfied with this arrangement. Second Brother did not break his promise either. This matter deserves a lengthy explanation, let us slowly communicate it to you at a later occasion.”

As they spoke, the group of them have covered more distance. In front of them is a parade square with a tall platform. The platform itself is burning like a bonfire. In front of the platform, there are two flag poles and the two giant flags on the poles are burning furiously too. Xiao Feng knows that this parade square is the training ground for Southern Capital City and is used by the Liao army for military training. However, he has never seen the tall platform before and does not know when it was constructed.

Facing Duan Yu, Ba Tianshi reported: “Your Majesty, by burning the Liao Emperor’s inspection platform and commanding flags, it is considered an inauspicious sign for the Liao army. Yelu Hongji’s plan to invade Song is likely to be abolished.” Duan Yu nodded: “That is right.”

Hearing Ba Tianshi addressing Duan Yu as ‘Your Majesty’ and Duan Yu nodding his head, Xiao Feng was stunned once again. He inquired: “Third Brother… Have you become the Emperor?” With a sad tone, Duan Yu revealed: “My Father unfortunately lost his life during his journey home. My Imperial Uncle has forsaken the throne for monkhood and is now a monk at Sky Dragon Monastery. Little Brother was ordered to inherit the throne. Little Brother is talentless and undeserving; by occupying this seat of great importance, I am filled with inadequacy.”

Xiao Feng was thunderstruck: “Ayo! Uncle has passed away? Third Brother! You are the Ruler of DaLi country; how could you put yourself in personal danger and take such a huge risk for me? If anything were to happen to you, how… how… would I be able to account to the people of the entire DaLi country?”

Duan Yu chuckled once and remarked: “DaLi is but a small country at the secluded southern borderlands. The term ‘Emperor’ is just a polite form of address. Little Brother is muddle-headed and barely resembles a proper Ruler, how could I live up to the title of Emperor? When others address me as ‘Your Majesty’, I am filled with awkwardness. The two of us are as intimate as flesh brothers; since a big catastrophe has befallen, wouldn’t it be unreasonable if Little Brother does not come and share the burdens of Big Brother?”

Fan Hua added: “When Khan Xiao strongly dissuaded the Emperor of Liao against the invasion of Song, everyone within our (DaLi) country is full of gratitude. If the Emperor of Liao conquered Great Song, his next step would surely be an invasion of DaLi. Our country has a small army and incompetent generals, how could we withstand the elite Khitan soldiers? When Khan Xiao saved Great Song, it is as good as saving DaLi. DaLi will naturally dedicate our full support to Khan. This is the right protocol.”

Xiao Feng pointed: “I am only an ordinary martial artiste who is unwilling to see a war erupt between two countries, resulting in countless deaths and destruction. I dare not claim any credit for myself.”

As they were speaking, they suddenly discovered a massive fire burning at the Southern gate. Squeezing between the soldiers and riders, many groups of commoners comprising of men, women and children are rushing towards their direction. The displaced population commented: “Along with numerous heroes, Southern dynasty Shaolin Monastery has conquered the Southern gate.” Someone in the crowd uttered: “Southern Khan Xiao Feng has rebelled. Besides pledging allegiance to Song dynasty, he already killed the Emperor of Great Liao.” A few Khitan folks gnashed their teeth and scolded: “This Xiao Feng betrayed his own country and is now working for the enemy. We hate him so much we wish we can chew his meat off and swallow it into our bellies.” A person was frantically asking: “Was Your Majesty really killed by the traitor Xiao Feng?” Another person replied: “How could it be false? With my own eyes, I saw Xiao Feng riding a white steed towards the front of Your Majesty. With a spear thrust, he pierced a hole in the chest of Your Majesty.” Another old folk wondered out loud: “How could this traitor Xiao Feng be so ruthless? Is he a Khitan like us or a Han-race person?” Another guy cursed: “I heard he is a Southern barbarian disguised as a Khitan. This traitor is evil to the max, he is indeed worse than beast!”

Hearing these people insulting Xiao Feng, Ah Zi was critically annoyed. Lifting her horse whip, she lashed it towards the group of Khitan people. Xiao Feng raised his hand to intercept and successfully parried the whip. Shaking his head, he whispered: “Let them say whatever they want.” He then queried: “Are the esteemed monks of Shaolin Monastery here as well?”

The 8-pouch disciple reported: “Update to Chief: When Miss Duan escaped from Southern Capital, she ran into Elder Wu (Changfeng). She told Elder Wu that in order to safeguard the territories of Great Song as well as the lives of tens of thousands of commoners, Chief has clashed with the Emperor of Liao regarding a Song invasion. As a result, Chief was imprisoned in Liao Country. Elder Wu did not believe her, saying that Chief is a Liao descendent and has no reason to defend Great Song. He immediately sneaked into Southern Capital and conducted his own investigations. Finally, he realised that Miss Duan is indeed telling the truth. Elder Wu instantly activated our Sect’s ‘Green Bamboo Decree’ and spread the news about Chief’s selfless sacrifice to all the heroes in the Central Plains. Within the Central Plains, the martial arts world is heartened by Chief’s noble deed. With the esteemed monks of Shaolin Monastery providing leadership, plenty of heroes have come forward to volunteer in this mission to rescue Chief.”

Recalling that day in Hero’s Gathering Manor where Xiao Feng is forced to oppose the heroes of Central Plains and even killed a considerable number of them; in a twist of events, today, the heroes of Central Plains are coming to save him instead. Xiao Feng experienced grief and gratitude simultaneously.

Ah Zi joked: “With all the beggars in Beggar’s Sect spreading the news, how can there be a faster way than theirs? Ayo, this is bad, what a waste! What a waste!” Duan Yu wondered: “What has gone to waste?” Ah Zi replied: “My Divine Wood Grand Cauldron. It was placed in the centre of the hall with a burning incense to attract the snakes. In my haste, I forgot to take it along with me.” Duan Yu laughed: “This kind of unorthodox stuff is better lost than found, what is the use of having it?” Ah Zi jeered: “Humph, what do you mean by unorthodox? Without this treasure, it would be tough to summon so many venomous snakes in such a short time; my Brother in law’s escape would be hindered too.”

As they spoke, sounds of ‘ping ping pang pang’ can be heard. It is the sounds made by clashing of weapons. Under the illumination of the fire spots, various Liao soldiers were seen attacking one another. Xiao Feng was puzzled: “Yi, why are they fighting among themselves…” Duan Yu explained: “Big Brother, those with a white cloth tied around their necks on our side.” Ah Zi produced a white cloth and handed it to Xiao Feng, recommending: “You should tie one around your neck too!”

With a quick scan, Xiao Feng realised the Liao soldiers are unable to distinguish between friend and foe. In the midst of the chaotic skirmish, many of the Liao soldiers are killed by their own comrades. On the contrary, for the fake Liao soldiers with a white cloth around their necks, they are able to easily kill a Liao soldier with every sabre chop and every pike thrust. His eyes witnessing the people of Liao being slaughtered and their corpses lining the ground, Xiao Feng held the white cloth with both his hands trembling uncontrollably. In his heart, a loud voice cried out: “I am a Khitan, not a Han! I am a Khitan, not a Han!” He refused to tie the white cloth around his neck.

At this moment, with ‘zha zha’ noises, the two heavy city gates are slowly being pulled open. Hauling Xiao Feng, Duan Yu and Fan Hua dashed out of the city.

Beyond the city gates, the city exterior is well lighted by fire torches. Countless beggars from the Beggar’s Sect are clutching their horses and waiting in anticipation. When they saw Xiao Feng rushing out of the city, they instantly cheered boisterously: “Chief Xiao! Chief Xiao!” With their torches waving and their outrageous welcome, it is truly an earth-shattering occasion.

A line opened up between the fellowship of beggars, forming two fire dragons on the left and right. A rider rode through the line and ended up in front of Xiao Feng. On the horse was an old beggar who is riding with both his hands raised above his head. Grasped in his hands is the Dog-Beating Staff, the token of the Chief of Beggar’s Sect. Rolling off his saddle, he kneeled on the ground and reported: “As requested by the brethren, Wu Changfeng hereby returns the Dog-Beating Staff of Beggar’s Sect to Chief. We deserve death for our stupidity; with lard blinding our hearts, we wronged a good man and caused Chief to undergo countless sufferings. We could not separate the wheat from the chaff. We hope Chief is magnanimous and would not hold it against losers like us; on account that we are a bunch of fatherless and motherless orphans, please resume your post as the Chief of our Sect. The lot of us were badly scammed by villains and we deserve death for saying Chief is a Khitan barbarian dog. The traitorous disciple Quan Guanqing has been killed and dismembered by us to avenge the injustice faced by Chief.” As he spoke, he offered the Dog-Beating Staff to Xiao Feng.

His heart turning sour (with ache), Xiao Feng declared: “Elder Wu, I am indeed a Khitan descendent. I fully appreciate the immense comradeship between each one of you and I; I can never be thankful enough. Regarding the position of Chief, it is impossible for me take it up again.” As he spoke, he reached his hand out and helped Wu Changfeng to his feet.

Wu Changfeng is completely at a loss. Scratching his head and ear, he persuaded: “You… You say you are a Khitan descendent? You… You must be reluctant to be Chief. Chief Xiao, please let go of the old grudges and stop holding them against us!”

Before anyone could react further, from within the city, loud sounds of drumming can be heard. It appears that a battalion of Liao soldiers is getting ready to storm out of the city. Duan Yu warned: “Elder Wu, let’s get moving! The Liao soldiers are well-trained; once they get into battle formation, we would be unable to resist them.”

Xiao Feng also knew that the Beggar’s Sect and the Central Plains heroes are gaining the upper hand because they launched a surprise attack on the enemy. If they are engaging the Liao Army in a proper battlefield, how could the thousands of martial artistes withstand the tens of thousands of Liao soldiers with their elite training? Moreover, if such an event were to take place, both sides would suffer heavy casualties and it would be a violation of his original intention. He advised: “Elder Wu, regarding the appointment of the Sect’s Chief, we can slowly discuss it at a later date. You must quickly give the order for our brethren to retreat towards the West.”

Elder Wu acknowledged: “Yes!” Giving the command, the brethren of Beggar’s Sect did an about-turn. The rear section of the fellowship became the leading section as everyone swiftly rode westwards. Soon thereafter, led by Xu Zhu Zi, the females disciples of Lingjiu Palace, as well as the warriors from thirty-six caves and seventy-two islands cut a bloody path and reunited with everybody. After riding for several kilometres, under the command of Fu Sigui and Zhu Danchen, the warriors of DaLi country managed to join them too. However, the monks from Shaolin Monastery and the heroes from Central Plains are still missing in action. Everyone could vaguely hear the sounds of fighting and killing from the Southern Capital City.

Xiao Feng surmised: “Shaolin Sect and the Central Plains heroes must have been entangled in the city warfare. Let us wait for a while more.” After some waiting, the sounds of killing and fighting from the city became louder and louder. Duan Yu volunteered: “Big Brother, please wait here. I shall go and fetch them.” Leading the DaLi warriors, he rode back to the Southern Capital City.

By now, the sky is gradually brightening and Xiao Feng is awfully anxious. He cannot tell if the Central Plains heroes have managed to make their escape, however, the sounds of killing and fighting has increased significantly. Although the warriors of DaLi have rejoined the fighting, a prolonged period has passed without any signs of the heroes escaping the city and reuniting with him.

Attachment 10323 is a monk's knife (no pointed tip) and Attachment 10324 is a meditation staff / holy staff used by monks. They will be coming up in the next post.

invalid attachment?

Same here - it says 'invalid attachment'

Riding a swift horse, a scout from Beggar’s Sect approached them and reported: “Thousands of armoured Liao soldiers have besieged the West gate; the warriors of DaLi are unable to break through their encirclement and the heroes of Central Plains are unable to break out either.” With a gesture of his right hand, Xu Zhu decided: “I’ll lead my warriors from Lingjiu Palace to mount a rescue.” Leading two thousand odd warriors from the mountainous tribes and the female fighters from Lingjiu Division, he sped towards the Southern Capital City on horseback.

Sitting on his horse, Xiao Feng glanced towards the east. He could decipher many thick columns of smoke emitting from within the Southern Capital City. With so many outbreaks of fire all over the city, it must be a chaotic environment. An hour later, another scout reported: “The Duan Emperor of DaLi as well as Mister Xu Zhu Zi from Lingjiu Palace have cut a bloody path and breached the city defenses.”

In all his past fights, Xiao Feng is usually the first man in the frontline. This time round, he was inversely far away from all the action. Growing worried and deeply concerned, he could not longer hold back his impatience and declared: “I will take a look for myself!” The three ladies Ah Zi, Mu Wanqing and Zhong Ling advised simultaneously: “The people of Liao are after you; you mustn’t take this risk.” Xiao Feng disregarded: “That’s not an issue!” Urging his horse forward, he rode towards the city with the Beggar’s Sect at his heel.

Arriving at the external site of the Southern Capital City West gate, Xiao Feng could see hundreds of corpses outside the city walls, on the city walls and on both sides of the city moat. Some of the corpses belong to the soldiers and generals from the Liao army but there are plenty from Duan Yu and Xu Zhu’s faction as well. The city gates are neither fully open nor fully close. Grasping giant sabres in their hands, two Island Chiefs are stationed beside the city gates and are ferociously chopping at the waves of Liao soldiers charging at them. No matter what it takes, they will not allow the city gates to be closed.

Xiao Feng abruptly heard loud sounds of hoof beats from the southern and northern directions. Alarmed, he warned: “This is bad, large battalions of Liao soldiers are surrounding us from the south and the north. We would be trapped if we stay in this spot.” Snatching a metal-tip spear, he broke it into half. Flying up, he embedded the spear tip into the city wall. Using the momentum, he flipped himself up again and embedded the spear tip into a higher section of the city wall. With a few flips, he reached the top of the city wall. Scanning the city, he observed that the western sector is scattered with many pockets of Central Plains heroes. These heroes have been divided by the endless supply of Liao soldiers until they could no longer assist one another. The heroes may be highly-skilled but if they have to fight several people concurrently, after a prolonged battle, they would surely be overcome by the staggering numbers.

Standing on the city wall, Xiao Feng shifted his gaze between the city interior and the city exterior. Choosing a particular side is the hardest decision he has to make. The heroes have come to rescue him; surely he cannot simply watch them die one by one under the blades of the Liao soldiers. But if he chooses to enter the city and aid them, he would be publicly acknowledging Liao country as the enemy. He would be a traitor to his country, a renegade helping the enemy. Not only would he be unable to face his ancestors, he would be cursed for ages by his own countrymen. When he escaped from South Capital and sought refuge in another country, at most, people would label him as ‘disloyal’. But if he turn around and attack Liao, he would be labeled as a war criminal.

All along, Xiao Feng has always acted in a clear-cut manner with no loose ends. With the current dilemma, his decisive nature is now muted. With a swift glance, he saw several Khitan warriors embroiled in a bitter fight with two elderly Shaolin monks beside the city wall. The first monk is brandishing a pair of monk’s knives. Blood spouting out of his mouth, he is clearly suffering from heavy injuries. Taking a closer look, Xiao Feng identified him as Xuan Ming. The second monk is flourishing his meditation staff in a style to shield both of them from their attackers. Xiao Feng recognized him as Xuan Shi. Wielding their long sabres, two Liao soldiers chopped towards Xuan Ming. Badly hurt, Xuan Ming lacked the strength to block their attacks. Xuan Shi flicked the meditation staff and the tail of the staff sprung up, parrying the two long sabres backwards. ‘Ah!’ Xuan Ming violently cried out as his left shoulder was stabbed by another assailant. Xuan Shi lashed the staff in a horizontal swipe and delivered a bone-splitting blow to the Liao soldier. However, with this move, his chest is exposed. A Liao warrior plunged his spear at the opening and pierced the abdomen of Xuan Shi. Xuan Shi smashed his meditation staff downwards and the head of the Khitan warrior was shattered into pieces, with the warrior dying before himself. Haphazardly waving his monk’s knives in unqualified strokes and with tears running down his face, Xuan Ming loudly wailed: “Martial Younger Brother! Martial Younger Brother!”

As he watched, Xiao Feng’s blood started to boil. Unable to tolerate it any longer, he roared: “Xiao Feng is right here! If you must kill, kill me. Leave the innocent alone!” Leaping from the top of the city wall, both his legs were raised. Before he landed on the ground, he had already sent two Khitan warriors flying with two kicks. The moment his left foot touched the ground, he pulled Xuan Ming towards himself and his right hand retrieved Xuan Shi’s meditation staff. Xiao Feng pleaded: “My rescue came too late, my sin is heavy indeed.” Flourishing the meditation staff, he forced two Khitan warriors to retreat for several metres.

Xuan Shi bitterly smiled: “We falsely accused you of being a Khitan descendent, our sin is greater. Awesome! Awesome! The truth has come to …” Before he could say the word ‘light’, his head tilted sideways and his breathing stopped, indicating his death.

Protecting Xuan Ming, Xiao Feng fought the soldiers to his left, clearing a path to a few DaLi warriors who were surrounded by enemies. Dazed by the spectacular appearance of their Southern Khan, the soldiers and generals of Liao could not help but feel a shiver down their spines. With the meditation staff as a weapon, Xiao Feng lashed the soldiers nearer to him and jabbed the soldiers further from him. Although no lives were lost, everyone was injured. The troop of Liao soldiers consecutively retreated. Dashing left and right, Xiao Feng broke through several encirclements. Soon, he has gathered two hundred odd men in one cluster. He loudly commanded: “Do not get separated again!” Leading these two hundred odd men, he combed the entire sector. Once he saw a trapped comrade, he would guide the entire cluster towards the victim and rescue him. Like rolling a snowball, the cluster became bigger and bigger. When he has accumulated more than a thousand warriors, the Liao soldiers cannot hold them back any longer. Shaolin Monastery’s Xuan Du, who is leading the Central Plains heroes, got together with Xiao Feng, Xu Zhu, Duan Yu, and their respective warriors. All at once, they dashed towards the city gates.

Wielding the meditation staff, Xiao Feng stood beside the city gate and allowed the three groups of people from DaLi country, Lingjiu Palace and Central Plains heroes to leave the city first. Standing at a distance away, the soldiers and generals of Liao country were shouting and threatening but nobody dared to step forward and launch an attack.

Xiao Feng waited until everyone has left before becoming the last man to leave the city. Turning his head back for a look, he observed piles of corpses everywhere. This battle has concluded with a high number of casualties and wounded. His eyes caught sight of two female warriors of Lingjiu Palace groaning and rolling on the ground in a pool of blood. Xiao Feng reentered the city, picked up the two ladies by their vests, and brought them out of the city.

Thanks again, Justin. It's interesting that Duan Yu can suddenly fight so well when he could not do so previously... Jin Yong didn't seem to have filled this gap...

Thanks again, Justin. It's interesting that Duan Yu can suddenly fight so well when he could not do so previously... Jin Yong didn't seem to have filled this gap...
    From the anime, it is stated that after Duan Yu returned to DaLi, his uncle and the monks at Sky Dragon Monastery trained him vigorously and ensured that his Six Meridian Divine Sword is now smooth and fully within his control. He probably picked up some other skills as well.

From the anime, it is stated that after Duan Yu returned to DaLi, his uncle and the monks at Sky Dragon Monastery trained him vigorously and ensured that his Six Meridian Divine Sword is now smooth and fully within his control. He probably picked up some other skills as well.
    DGSD has anime ?
    where i can watch it?

The thunderous sounds of drumming pierced the air; the two battalions of Liao cavalry have finally arrived from the north and the south. Xiao Feng's heart sank tremendously. Each battalion of Liao cavalry is made up of at least ten thousand riders. For Xiao Feng and his teammates, after a bout of prolonged fighting, most of them are injured or exhausted. How could they resist the Liao reinforcements?

Xiao Feng called out: "The brethren of Beggar's Sect, stay put and intercept the enemy! Give your horses to the injured and allow them to retreat first!" The fellowship of beggars from Beggar's Sect roared in acknowledgement and swiftly dismounted their steeds. Xiao Feng hollered again: "Execute the Dog-Beating Grand Formation!" Clapping their bamboo clappers, the beggars chanted their formation verse and assembled into rows of human walls. Xiao Feng urged: "Master Xuan Du, Second Brother, Third Brother, quickly lead your followers and retreat towards the west. The Beggar's Sect will safeguard your departure!"

The sun illuminated the sky for the first time that day and shone brightly on the spear tips and sabre blades. With tens of thousands of iron hoof beats pounding the ground, it is truly an earth-shaking occasion.

Assessing the military might of the advancing Liao soldiers, Xu Zhu and Duan Yu instantly realised that the Beggar's Sect's 'Dog-Beating Grand Formation' cannot contain them. The two of them standing on Xiao Feng's left and right, they proclaimed: "Big Brother, we are sworn brothers. We will face difficulty and death together!" Xiao Feng remarked: "In this case, please instruct your followers to retreat first!"

Xu Zhu and Duan Yu separately commanded their subordinates to retreat. However, the disciples of Lingjiu Palace are unwilling to abandon their Owner; the warriors of DaLi will never allow their Emperor to face danger alone. Both groups of followers refused to move an inch. Right before their eyes, the armies of Liao soldiers are getting closer and closer. Even their arrows are striking the ground within metres of Xiao Feng and the others. Leading the Central Plains heroes, Xuan Du had already begun his retreat. Recognising the perilous circumstances, about ten heroes from Xuan Du's group ran back and rejoined the defending forces.

Xiao Feng was secretly lamenting. He thought: These folks are highly skilled in martial arts. Although we are gathered together, at most, we are a disorganised mob. Ignorant of military formations, how could we match the Liao soldiers? My death is inconsequential but if everyone else here is annihilated by the Liao army outside the Southern Capital City, that would... that would...

Still at a loss, Xiao Feng suddenly heard the rapid beating of the Liao Army military gong. It is a signal for the Liao army to retreat. The cavalry speeding towards them heard the gong too and immediately turned their horses around. With the frontline now becoming the rear line, both forces retreated towards their northern or southern origination. Xiao Feng was astounded and cannot comprehend any reason for this development. Next, he heard loud sounds of shouting and commotion from the flank of the Liao army. Spotting an area where plenty of sand is being stirred up, he realised another group of hostile cavalry forces has ambushed the Liao army retreating towards the North. Xiao Feng is even more puzzled than before. He thought: Why is there another cavalry battalion other than those from the Liao army? Is someone trying to rebel? The Emperor is being attacked on both fronts, his situation is detrimental indeed.

Identifying the predicament of the Liao army, Xiao Feng unconsciously became worried about the welfare of Yelu Hongji.

Leaping onto his horse, Xiao Feng scrutinized the rear section of the Liao Army. All he could see was various white flags waving in different spots. With a sudden downpour of arrows, countless Liao soldiers collapsed from their horses. Xiao Feng had an epiphany: “Ah, it must be my comrades from Nuzhen Tribe; I wonder how did they know about my whereabouts?”

The hunters from Nuzhen Tribe are the best archers ever produced. Brimming with courage, in groups of a hundred hunters per (military) company, they were riding Balikun horses and creating a scene wherever they rode. By zipping in and out of the Liao Army, in the blink of an eye, they completely demolished the Liao military formation. Although the Nuzhen hunters are smaller in numbers, every one of them is a fearless and super elite warrior. By ambushing the Liao army and catching them off guard, they gave the Liao Chief Commander an anxiety attack. The Liao Chief Commander recognized the unfavourable circumstances and is fearful that Xiao Feng may lead his warriors and riders for a counterattack. As a result, he hastily sounded a retreat back into the city.

Fan Hua is DaLi country’s Minister of War and is naturally an expert on military strategy. Sensing an opportunity, he hurriedly advised Xiao Feng: “Khan Xiao, we should launch a swift counterattack. This is the best chance to destroy the enemy.” Xiao Feng shook his head once. Fan Hua reasoned: “It is still a long distance to Yanmen Pass; if we do not use this opportunity to obliterate the Liao Army, we are planting the seed for a future calamity. The enemies outnumbered us vastly. We may not be able to retreat without suffering further casualties.” Xiao Feng shook his head again. Unable to comprehend Xiao Feng’s mindset, Fan Hua thought: Khan Xiao is reluctant to eradicate the enemy once and for all; is he trying to preserve some goodwill so that he can reconcile with the Liao Emperor?

Among the thick smoke, several groups of Nuzhen hunters are executing a killing spree on their horses. Bare-chested or clothed in animal skins, their arrows flew incessantly, resulting in a total massacre. At the entrance of the city gate, more than a thousand Liao soldiers were shot dead beneath the city wall as they were trying to retreat into the city.

With the front half of their heads clean-shaven and a small pigtail at the back of the heads, the Nuzhen hunters appear extraordinarily malevolent. Their entire faces stained with fresh blood, they have a habit of beheading their victims after shooting them to death. Afterwards, the heads of their victims would be hung around their waists. For some hunters, a long chain of more than ten heads is hanging around their waists. For the heroes of the martial arts world, they have experienced plenty of killings and violence. Nevertheless, this is the first time they are witnessing these cruel and merciless acts of the barbarians. Every one of them is badly traumatized.

A towering hunter stood on the back of his horse and loudly hailed: “Big Brother Xiao, Big Brother Xiao, Wanyan Ahguda is fighting the army for you!”

Xiao Feng rode forward and the two men clasped their four hands together. Ahguda cheerfully remarked: “Big Brother Xiao, that day, you left without saying goodbye. Brother (I) has been pining for you every day. Subsequently, my scout reported that you became a senior official in Liao country so I stopped trying to contact you. However, the Liao people are treacherous by nature; I fear that your good fortune will be short-lived. True enough, two days ago, my scout reported that you have been imprisoned by that Emperor who was raised by a b*tch. Brother hurriedly gathered my men and mounted a rescue. Fortunately, Elder Brother is alive and well. Brother is truly overjoyed.”

Xiao Feng professed: “Many thanks for Brother’s rescue effort!” He barely ended his sentence when a swarm of arrows flew down from the top of the city wall. The two men were pretty far from the city wall and the arrows failed to reach them.

Ahguda furiously cursed: “Khitan dogs! How dare you interrupt my conversation with Elder Brother!” Pulling out his long bow, ‘chi chi chi’, he fired three arrows towards the top of the city wall. Three sounds of tragic cries rang out as three Liao archers were hit. They toppled down from the top of the city wall. The Liao archers failed to hit Ahguda but Ahguda and his superior strong bow is able to reach the archers. With three arrows fired and three killed, the remaining Liao soldiers on the top of the wall sounded the alarm by shouting in unison. Everyone promptly kept their bows and raised their shields. From within the city, sounds of ‘dong dong’ drumbeats can be heard. The Liao army is consolidating their forces again.

Ahguda roared: “My kinsmen, listen up, the Khitan dogs are going to tunnel out of the dog’s hole again. Let us go for another round of merry slaughter.” The Nuzhen tribesmen responded with a loud ruckus; to the Central Plain heroes, it felt as if they are hearing ten of thousands of wild beasts howling in unison.

Xiao Feng knew that if the two forces were to clash again, both sides would suffer heavy losses. He quickly suggested: “Brother, you came here with the intention of rescuing me; now that I am out of danger, why bother fighting them? We have not seen each other for some time, let us find a quiet spot and we brothers can drink until we are drunk.” Wanyan Ahguda agreed: “You are right, let’s go!”

Nonetheless, the city gates started to swing open and a battalion of armoured Liao cavalry started gushing out. Ahguda scolded: “These Khitan dogs; we can never finish killing them.” Positioning an arrow on his bow, with a ‘sou’ sound, the arrow flew out and pierced the face of the very first rider, causing the rider to fall off his horse. The remaining Nuzhen tribesmen released their arrows as well and each of their arrows is aimed at the faces of the Liao soldiers. These Nuzhen hunters are extremely precise with their arrows and each of their arrowheads is smeared with strong venom. Their victims would die on the spot and would not even have time to utter a sound. In a flash, the city gate area has added another hundred odd corpses. The dead soldiers, horses and armour started to form a small mound and completely blockaded the city gate. The surviving Liao soldiers were absolutely horrified. Securely closing the city gates, nobody dared to venture out anymore.

Leading his tribesmen, Wanyan Ahguda gathered near the city wall and taunted the Liao soldiers, cursing them at the top of his voice. Xiao Feng intervened: “Brother, let’s go!” Ahguda replied: “Yes!” His halberd pointing at the top of the city wall, he loudly proclaimed: “Khitan dogs, listen well. You should count your blessings that my Big Brother Xiao did not lose a single strand of hair (injured). Today, I shall spare your lives. Otherwise, I will tear down the city wall and shoot every last Khitan dog to death.”

Following that, he rode side by side with Xiao Feng towards the west. After riding for more than five kilometres, they arrived on a small hill. Ahguda jumped off his horse and from his saddlebag, he retrieved a leather pouch and handed it to Xiao Feng, commenting: “Elder Brother, have some wine.” Xiao Feng accepted the pouch and with a ‘gu du du’ sound, he drank half the pouch and returned it to Ahguda. Ahguda finished the other half of the pouch and recommended: “Elder Brother, why don’t you join me and reside next to Mount Changbai? Every day, we can go hunting and drinking, leading a carefree and delightful existence.”

Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    DGSD has anime ?
    where i can watch it?
    Sorry I meant the drama serial. Dragonball Super just ended so you can watch it if you like.

Btw, I am taking my time with the translation so please bear with me. Having said that, I will complete the chapter by this month.

Sorry I meant the drama serial. Dragonball Super just ended so you can watch it if you like.

Btw, I am taking my time with the translation so please bear with me. Having said that, I will complete the chapter by this month.
    its okay Justin, better slow than never .

the translation used name Jurchen Tribe before , does it mean that they have changed the name from jurchen to nuzhen?
    omg with this tribe, having so many names

Tungusic , Jurchen, Nuzhen, Jin , Qing, Manchu

what else...

does anyone still remember if Aguda and xiao feng took an oath to be sworn brothers?

Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    its okay Justin, better slow than never .

the translation used name Jurchen Tribe before , does it mean that they have changed the name from jurchen to nuzhen?
    omg with this tribe, having so many names

Tungusic , Jurchen, Nuzhen, Jin , Qing, Manchu

what else...

does anyone still remember if Aguda and xiao feng took an oath to be sworn brothers?
    Jurchen is google translate. I use Chinese translate. 女真人.

Will post something later