Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did Yeung Gor have trouble getting along with Little Dragon Girl *at first*?

Default Did Yeung Gor have trouble getting along with Little Dragon Girl *at first*?

The love story between Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl is so legendary that perhaps people overlook the possibility that they might have had trouble getting along at first...during the first few hours and days that they were acquainted with each other. This is because their personalities and worldviews were so different from one another's initially.

More than anything, the young Yeung Gor hated to be restricted and hated authority. When Yeung Gor first arrived at the Ancient Tomb, Little Dragon Girl had plenty of both for him. He was grateful to her for having given him shelter from the Cheun Jen Sect Taoists who were out to kill him, but she was aloof and bossy to him at first. Yeung Gor, then too young to be attracted to Little Dragon Girl and not knowing her very well in any case, probably thought she was too bossy...better than his Cheun Jen Sect teachers, but still too overbearing for his tastes.

Was that the case?

you're never too young to be attracted to little dragon girl. that girl is for all the ages.

Yup. And XLN spanked him for disobeying instructions

But ultimately, both of them shared a common interest: Hate Quanzhen Sect! That was what bonds them together I believe.

And moreover, XLN did show signs of liking the little boy who induced some fun in her usual monotonous life. I guess the idea of learning martial arts prevented him from feeling too bored.

But in any case, I find it weird that YG did not mind having her as his master, I mean how could a boring person like her control his wilfulness? When his life in QZ, although terrible, was more "fun".

Quote Originally Posted by Pacifian
    Yup. And XLN spanked him for disobeying instructions
    That must have been humiliating for him, as she was only four years older than him. It'd be like getting spanked by your bossy older sister.

I might be getting all Freudian here, but perhaps Yeung Gor's attraction to Little Dragon Girl stemmed partially from an unconscious desire to have a surrogate mother to replace Muk Lim Chi. Yeung Gor had already lost his father before he was born, but he had West Poison Au Yeung Fung and Gwok Jing as sort of surrogate fathers. Yeung Gor couldn't get along with Wong Yung, but Little Dragon Girl seemed to fulfill the role of surrogate mother for him.

Default Why YG Could Really Do With A Spanking

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    More than anything, the young Yeung Gor hated to be restricted and hated authority. When Yeung Gor first arrived at the Ancient Tomb, Little Dragon Girl had plenty of both for him. He was grateful to her for having given him shelter from the Cheun Jen Sect Taoists who were out to kill him, but she was aloof and bossy to him at first. Yeung Gor, then too young to be attracted to Little Dragon Girl and not knowing her very well in any case, probably thought she was too bossy...better than his Cheun Jen Sect teachers, but still too overbearing for his tastes.
    He said this in Chapter 5:

"If someone who loves me hits me, I won't mind one bit. I'm afraid I might even be happy! She hits me for my own good." (My italics.)

When asked who were the people who loved him, he said it was "very clear" to him, and listed (among others) "Uncle Guo Jing", "godfather", and XLN.

In the street-kid view of reality he had back then, the world was divided quite sharply into those who loved him and those who hated him. Being someone who desperately wanted to be part of a family, he was pretty quick to imprint on anyone he felt showed him parental affection - he just wanted to be someone's beloved son, matriarchal beatings and all.

Yeung Gor had already lost his father before he was born, but he had West Poison Au Yeung Fung and Gwok Jing as sort of surrogate fathers. Yeung Gor couldn't get along with Wong Yung, but Little Dragon Girl seemed to fulfill the role of surrogate mother for him.
    You're totally correct. Note that YG was so desperate for a father figure that he sort of forced himself to 'adopt' Ouyang Feng, even though he only initially consented to being adopted as a result of calculated self-preservation and in the full knowledge that OYF was nuts.
    Last edited by owbjhx; 09-08-06 at 05:18 AM.

He wasn't desperate. It was at first for self preservation, and then he realised that OYF was one of the very few people who truly cared for him (at the time). And i highly doubt 14 is an age where you are not interested in hot 18 year old girls. TRULY.

He probably hid in one of the darker rooms of the Ancient Tomb to, take care of business thinking of XLN =P
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardor
    He wasn't desperate. It was at first for self preservation, and then he realised that OYF was one of the very few people who truly cared for him (at the time). And i highly doubt 14 is an age where you are not interested in hot 18 year old girls. TRULY.

He probably hid in one of the darker rooms of the Ancient Tomb to, take care of business thinking of XLN =P
    or maybe he was thinking about granny sun.

Default Truly Madly Desperately

He wasn't desperate. It was at first for self preservation, and then he realised that OYF was one of the very few people who truly cared for him (at the time).
    Of course he was desperate for a father figure. It was mentioned in Chapter 2 that he dreamt about having one since the age of 2 and would frequently cry about it, and was envious of other kids who had fathers. The words he spoke indicating that he'd genuinely 'adopted' Ouyang Feng were described as "a total outpouring of the feelings of childhood yearning bursting inside", in the context of his desperation for a father. It was an emotional moment, and a comparison was drawn between the feelings of YG and the feelings of OYF - two desperate people together. And all the more desperate because both of them knew it wasn't real.

I am sure he did no such thing, you perv. (It was definitely Li Mochou he was thinking of during that business.)
    Last edited by owbjhx; 09-08-06 at 08:34 AM.

Yeung Gor, then too young to be attracted to Little Dragon Girl and not knowing her very well in any case, probably thought she was too bossy...better than his Cheun Jen Sect teachers, but still too overbearing for his tastes.

Was that the case?
    \
    mmmmm.....I remember me being 14, I was a walking hormone. I don't think he was too young to be attracted to DG. And he was also old enough to tell if he was getting spanked from being bad or jsut for the heck of it.

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

yeah he did!!!

u didnn't know

Quote Originally Posted by owbjhx
    You're totally correct. Note that YG was so desperate for a father figure that he sort of forced himself to 'adopt' Ouyang Feng, even though he only initially consented to being adopted as a result of calculated self-preservation and in the full knowledge that OYF was nuts.
    Also without any knowledge of Au Yeung Fung's history as one of wulin's most dangerous villains.

Quote Originally Posted by frymantis
    \
    mmmmm.....I remember me being 14, I was a walking hormone. I don't think he was too young to be attracted to DG. And he was also old enough to tell if he was getting spanked from being bad or jsut for the heck of it.
    However YG at the age of 14 didn't show any of that flirteous side of his when he was 18-20. So even if YG already had some attraction, it probably wasn't to the extent that he had when he was 18 or 20.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    However YG at the age of 14 didn't show any of that flirteous side of his when he was 18-20. So even if YG already had some attraction, it probably wasn't to the extent that he had when he was 18 or 20.
    Maybe just because he had yet to show us his flirtatious side, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

ZWJ was in love at the age of... fifteen? With Zhu 9 Zhen? And he was totally bewitched by her...

Besides YG did sort of play about with LWS and CY, teaching the Wu brothers a lesson, maybe he was a bit immature then, but the reason why he treated girls a little playfully than guys is questionable.

XLN was really nice to YG from the start so there shouldn't've been any problems

Quote Originally Posted by sarakoth
    XLN was really nice to YG from the start so there shouldn't've been any problems
    My impression is that she was a little cold to him at first (as she's pretty much cold to EVERYBODY at first), and that he chafed a bit under her authority at least during the earliest days.

I think you can be bossy to YG as long as there's a purpose to it. The taoists bossed YG around but really did not teach him any martial arts. Neither did Huang Rong. That's why he resented them....they were wasting his time and commanded authority but restricted him from learning martial arts. It was clear from the beginning that XLN intended to teach him so of course he obeyed (in his usual naughty manner).

I always feel that YG somehow like her very much since the beginning even if she was cold toward him.

Like what everyone else said, I think Yang Guo won't mind to be bossed around if he knows\believes that the person who does the bossing loves him.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie View Post
    Just replying to an old post.

The novel showed Yang Guo flirting, even before it showed us Yang Guo's name. Can anyone guess whom Yang Guo flirted with?

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    Just replying to an old post.

The novel showed Yang Guo flirting, even before it showed us Yang Guo's name. Can anyone guess whom Yang Guo flirted with?
    My guess, without refering to the novel but based on what I remember from the timeline in serials - and the fact that you think it's worth guessing, would be Li Mochou?