Thread: Old threads

Default Old threads

I've always wonder, why some people can manage to dig out very old threads (and inactive threads) from 2 years ago. I've also read the 'Viewing Archives' status in the 'Who's Online' section, but I can't find any link that is link to any archives.

So, where is the archives and how did people dig up these ancient threads?

Also, why is ATV Series forum only limited to 3 pages while TVB Series forum has 29 pages?
    Last edited by kidd; 09-10-06 at 11:11 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

There is no limite on pages, its just that no one is active in ATV forum. I use the search function to get the old threads.

I ask this because someone is asking me about the Light of a Milion Hope thread. I remember seeing a thread for this series last time. But now I check, this thread is no more. I've tried searching several times for it using different keywords, even go to google to search (you can search out some old thread in google sometimes), but still can't find it. Also also notice that the earliest date in ATV forum is 01-22-06 while I can see 11-27-04 in TVB forum. Why the disparity?

Again, why is there a 'Viewing Archives' status in Who's Online section? What Archives?
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Hmm... supposedly the archives view is just a copy of the current forum but it is more geared for search engines to crawl and index. This is also an alternative view of the forum for users who have slow connections.

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/archive/index.php

When you are viewing the Who's Online and see that someone's viewing the archives, most likely they came from a search engine like Google because there is no known way through links that I know of to get there otherwise from the normal forum view.

Inactive threads and posts may get deleted by the moderators of that forum after months of inactivity - the only forums that are spared are the Wuxia forums. Most likely there is a discrepancy between some forums because moderators of different forums may operate on different schedules or that the forum has more active posts - or the TVB forum simply is in need of pruning. I haven't been that strict about that rule though since we migrated to a newer server and space was less of an issue but that rule still applies.
    -SC

Well I'm wrong. There is apparently a link to the archives page on the bottom of every forum page.

Contact Us - spcnet.tv - Archive - Top
    -SC

weixiang
    Unregistered

[COLOR=navy][SIZE=2] test test test test test test[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by weixiang
    [COLOR=navy][SIZE=2] test test test test test test[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Sorry, those BB codes are not valid at this forum. Please stick with our current settings.
    -SC