Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Survivor: Cook Islands

Default Totally random observations and comments

It's weird how we...

1) posted at the same minute
    2) switched up our spellings of Ozzy/Ozzie from previous posts

Did they ever reveal the breakdown of who voted for who at the final Tribal Council? Yul won 5-4, but who voted for him and who voted for Ozzy?

Yul: Jonathan, Adam...?
    Ozzy: Parvarti...?

Yul and Ozzy were on The Early Show this morning, but I didn't get up early enough to watch it. I think Yul should do another reality show now...The Bachelor.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://blogs.mercurynews.com/photos/uncategorized/yul.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.omgblog.com/images/ozzy-hat-thumb.jpg')
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    It's weird how we...

1) posted at the same minute
    2) switched up our spellings of Ozzy/Ozzie from previous posts
    That is strange, I didn't even notice that.

Did they ever reveal the breakdown of who voted for who at the final Tribal Council? Yul won 5-4, but who voted for him and who voted for Ozzy?
    Yeah, I'm surprised they didn't show @ the end who voted for who. I definitely wanted to know. But you can always go back and analyze the writing and find out who wrote what. I had a slow moment when Parvati put "Oscar" instead of Ozzie, I was like who's Oscar...ohhh OZZIE. lol Didn't catch the morning show either, too tired. And I was quite disappointed to see Ozzie put on some weight. He was so much cuter when he was skinny. Didn't find him as attractive on the reunion show.

Next season..19 survivors?! That's just crazy..and in Fiji too? I must say, Survivor producers pick the best locales for this show. Hopefully, there will be an equal number (if not more) of minorities to Caucasians.

This should be the breakdown of the final votes:

Yul: Jonathan, Adam, Candice, Brad, Sundra

Ozzy: Parvati, Jenny, Nate, Rebecca

Adam turned out to be the swing vote...he said he really wanted to vote for Ozzy, but decided to keep his promise to Yul.

Interview with Yul: http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi...700.art&page=1

Interview with Ozzy: http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi...699.art&page=1

Interview with Becky: http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi...706.art&page=1

There are links to other interviews located at the bottom of the above as well. Apparently Yul was a shoo-in to win just based on his credentials on paper. 4 out of the 5 realitynewsonline writers picked him as the winner before the season even aired.

Quote Originally Posted by flydoll
    Next season..19 survivors?! That's just crazy..and in Fiji too? I must say, Survivor producers pick the best locales for this show. Hopefully, there will be an equal number (if not more) of minorities to Caucasians.
    Will you be watching next season? I'm not sure if I will since the main reason this season drew my attention was 'cause of the initial tribal separation by race. I guess I'll see how interesting the new survivors are.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Will you be watching next season? I'm not sure if I will since the main reason this season drew my attention was 'cause of the initial tribal separation by race. I guess I'll see how interesting the new survivors are.
    Thanks for the links, very interesting read. I watched this season for the exact same reason you did. I'll only watch next season if I remember to catch the first episode. Let's hope they have a diverse crowd of Asians next season.

Another interesting interview with Yul

He's actually quite a funny guy. The article is kind of long, but here are some highlights:

"You get on the sailboat where the game actually started, everyone's puking their guts out. Jeff Probst pops out of nowhere and says 'alright, you got two minutes to grab as many supplies as you can and get off the boat.' You're just completely bewildered. I had no idea what is going on. There's a chicken in the water, Cao Boi told me go get the chicken. I dive into the water. And I'm like 'what the hell am I doing?' It was a rough start."
    Yul on being picked as one of People Magazine's sexiest men alive:
    "I think it's kind of funny that I would make it in there because I know myself and I don't consider myself to be sexy. I do hear that I'm quite popular among the geriatric generation. Certainly, a lot of grandmothers have been telling me that 'if I were 30 years younger and still had a full set of teeth, I'd be all over you.' So it's nice to know that there's at least one segment of the population that thinks I'm sexy. I think most of the younger ladies seem to be going for Ozzy. (laughs)"
    My favorite part:
    "People ask me if I ever hooked up on the show. I tell them the closest I ever got to hooking up was one night when my hands were freezing and shaking, I stuck my hands in Jonathan's armpits. It was like a little slice of heaven, it was so warm. He was like, yeah, just stick them in there. Yeah, he said the warmest parts of the human body are the armpits and the groin. I'm like, 'Yeah, I'll take the armpits.'"
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

all i have to say about this season is, it was v/entertaining.
    there was definately alot less betraying and manipulation then previous seasons.

btw how much u get for 2nd or 3rd or 4th or last place???

Quote Originally Posted by Mini T-Mac
    btw how much u get for 2nd or 3rd or 4th or last place???
    Nada, but their minutes of limelight from being on T.V.

Ozzy got a car, but not because he came in second. That was due to viewer voting where he edged Yul out by less than one percent. I kept voting for Yul 'cause I was afraid he might lose to Ozzy, so I wanted him to at least get something, but I'm happy with how it all turned out.

Nada, but their minutes of limelight from being on T.V.

Ozzy got a car, but not because he came in second. That was due to viewer voting where he edged Yul out by less than one percent. I kept voting for Yul 'cause I was afraid he might lose to Ozzy, so I wanted him to at least get something, but I'm happy with how it all turned out.

from wat ive heard, the second place getter gets 100k.
    im not sure bout 3rd or 4th place.

Next season will be in fiji wif 19 contestants. >>> hmmm.. interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mini T-Mac
    from wat ive heard, the second place getter gets 100k.
    im not sure bout 3rd or 4th place.
    I'd always assumed only the top finisher gets a million and none of the other contestants get any kind of monetary compensation since it's pretty much never talked about on the show. Ozzy mentioned something about a $900,000 mistake (or was it difference?), but I thought the $100,000 he was referring to was some other prize(s) or the car he'd won. However, your inquiry prompted a little research on my part (which I should have done from the get-go, but was, alas, too lazy). The short of it is that the winner gets a million, the runner-up gets $100,000 like you'd heard, and the third place finisher gets $85,000. Heck, even the first person voted off gets a little something.

Source: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10298817/