Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Survivor: Cook Islands

Exclamation Survivor: Cook Islands

I haven't watched Survivor since its first season. However, I was intrigued by the concept of this season's tribes being split up by race. Is anyone watching or planning to watch this season which premiered last night?

The teams:

Rarotonga: Caucasians
    Puka Puka: Asians
    Aitutaki: Hispanics
    Manihiki: African Americans

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor13/

I thought the Manihiki team should have voted out Sundra instead of Sekou last night.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

No one else here is watching this? Even though it's every person for him/herself in the end, so far the Asians have dominated. They won last week and tied with the Caucasians this week. Yul found the Immunity Idol while on Exile Island this week! He's my favorite player thus far.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

grrr, i told myself to watch this, but i can never catch it when it's on.

when is it on? i`ll set an alarm. i hope they show re-runs throughout the week, like other shows..... [:

hahaha, GO ASiANS. its cuz we`re smarter. nah i`m kidding, i think the Puka Puka & Manihiki might go head to head, because of the fact they might have more survival skills, than the other two. well maybe the hispanic team might have a chance...
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

It's on CBS Thursday nights at 8 pm EST/7 pm CST. The teams aren't split up by race anymore, though.

Billy, J.P. and Stephanie are out. All the Asians are still in the game.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

whoop whoop as long as one of the asians win, there`s like a SUPER hot korean or chinese guy....

cao boi <33 same last name........ means tall. but i`m SHORT!!! blah. how gay.
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by lilviet_grl8o8
    whoop whoop as long as one of the asians win, there`s like a SUPER hot korean or chinese guy....
    I don't find any of the guys super hot, but Yul is pretty good looking and smart too. He's Korean. There aren't any Chinese representin'.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 10-19-06 at 02:51 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Another two bite the dust: Cao Boi and Cristina

Cao Boi said he should have known better than to trust his fellow Asians.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I thought Aitu was going to win the immunity challenge, but somehow Raro pulled it out at the end. Sayonara, Flicka! Trying to be everyone's friend didn't work.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I still managed to catch last night's episode over the uproar of Thanksgiving dinner guests. Anyway, wow. I'm soooo glad Yul didn't have to use his immunity idol. I would love to see Yul and Ozzie as the final two.

As for Jonathan...he's screwed whether he makes it closer to the end or not considering he's now officially made an enemy of everyone at some point in the game.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I love this season of Survivor, screw all the squabble about how "wrong" it is to have people separated by race. At least it's putting more minorites on TV. The only gripe I have with the whole deal is the nationality makeup of the Asian team. I mean, there ARE over 1 billion Chinese people in the world and a half dozen other Asian nationalities but yet they pick TWO Koreans, TWO Filipinos (wtf?) and their redeeming point..the one Vietnamese guy. And it's even more disturbing that these Asian-Americans are so Americanized up the arse, I don't think they should even be classified AS Asian. They thought everything Cao Boi did was the strangest thing in the world but geebus, I knew wth he was doing (i.e. the forehead thing) ::rolls eyes:: Anyway..onto analyzing the players

Yul - I have to say, he has one of the best and cleanest gameplays I've ever seen. He doesn't play two sides, tries his hardest in competitions and is very loyal. Not to mention he's crazy smart. Although I want him to win, he really doesn't need the money per se. I mean, he graduated from Harvard & Yale for God's sake. Even so, I'm definitely rooting for this guy...even though he's carrying Becky, who I'm not too fond of.

Ozzy - Another person running a clean gameplay. I didn't think much of him when I saw him but as I watch him more and more, he's grown on me. I absolutely adore this kid! Everytime I see him on TV I think FISH ...only cuz he does so well in swimming challenges. This kid's a beast! He isn't bad looking either. Definitely rooting for him to win!

Becky - I found this girl utterly annoying at first..I really wanted her to get kicked off before but lately, she doesn't seem too bad. She HAS no gameplay unless you call riding coattails gameplay..which I suppose it could be. If she sticks with Yul, I'm pretty sure they'll get far in the game. I have to admit, she does well in competitions tho.

Sundra - uhh OKAY competitor, again like Becky, riding coattails...the good thing is that she seems loyal (same w/ Becky)..so if everyone STAYS loyal, then I'm predicting the Aitu four can beat the rest.

Adam - pretty boy/meat head/womanizer...just BLAH, this kid is STUPID. Why he is leading the Raro team is beyond me. I mean Johnathan pratically TOLD him Yul had the idol but he brushed it off. Earth to Adam, you ARE playing for a million dollars douchebag. Also not a good competitor as one would hope looking at his build and such.

Candice - Adam's survivor "girlfriend" aka FWB. lol. I must say, this chick is good at challenges but her downfall was mutinying. She could've played both sides if she stayed with Aitu and waited til the merge and then, have two deals going but nope, she needed her boytoy. I was soo happy Aitu sent her butt to Exile Island not once but TWICE..in your face!

Parvati - the WEAKEST boxer I've ever seen in my life, I mean geeeeeez. I think she was lying when she told Survivor producers she was a boxer, look at how she performs in challenges..Candice is better than her! Another one of Adam's survivor "gf." She has no gameplay either. This season of Survivor has got to be the one with the least number of people who are actually "playing the game." Everyone just goes to challenges, competes and goes goes back to camp.

Johnathan - Ha ha ha. I'm glad he switched sides..AGAIN. However, if he had played it smart, he would've voted for Yul and forced out the immunity idol and thus, staying loyal to the old Raro tribe..but alas, he didn't. But you could say his gameplay this week was not bad either considering Nate would've pushed for him to be voted off soon since he didn't trust him. I don't hate the guy, only cuz he's actually doing what he's suppose to..playing the game. I've seen worse manipulation on Survivor so his tactics doesn't angry me much.

Btw, these girls are unshaven and all that jazz but they lay in the sand with their arms tucked under their head....uhh I don't want to see that shag carpet under your armpit. And you know they can't brush teir teeth but they're making out?! I guess when you're desperate, you're desperate. lol.

The best competition created this season..and maybe ever, was the one where they had to wrestle the other team's player off the pole and drag them past a line. I mean WOW! That was hilarious!

Hopefully I'm not missing anyone...if I did oh well, these are the ones that stand out. What an essay!

I really like Yul and Ozzy. I hope that they will make it far. Anyway, I read that there are a lot of fresh blood in this season's survivor. Most of the contestants haven't really watched previous seasons of survivor. That's probably why a lot of them aren't really playing the game.

Great, more viewers who are willing to share their opinions.

Yeah, it would have been nice to have a more representative sample of the Asian population. Say, one Chinese, one Japanese, one Korean, one Filipino, and one Vietnamese. I want Yul to win not necessarily for the money, but for the spotlight. I thought he went to Stanford and Yale, but Harvard as well? Wow. He's very intelligent, but not stuck up about it or anything. He seems like a really cool guy and yes, loyal too. Yul and Ozzy complement each other well as both brains and brawns are thoroughly covered.

I really enjoyed seeing the four remaining members of Aitu bond after the mutiny. That's when I started tolerating Becky more because I really didn't like her much before either. There's just something about the way she looks that rubs me the wrong way.

I don't like Adam; he's your stereotypical dumb jock type of guy. Parvarti may be a weak boxer, but she's doing a good job of playing everyone so far.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I'm not sure about him being from Stanford but I though I heard HArvard & Yale. Doesn't matter much cuz all three schools are good.

I agree, the mutiny did do wonders for the remaining Aitu menbers..esp considering that Yul & co. wanted to vote out Ozzy ASAP.

I don't know if you can really say Parvati is playing everyone. She's more of a boy-crazy girl in Paradise with half-naked, well-built men running around everywhere. She's benefitting b/c so far, she's stayed under the radar and had Nate & Adam back her..in other words, she's also riding coattails. If she keeps up with how she's playing, I think she'll also go far because she hasn't really proven to be a huge threat (mentally or physically) and hasn't backstabbed anyone either. But one who isn't really "playing the game" does not deserve to win the game IMO. Thus, I don't think she should win.

Stanford and Yale are confirmed on his profile; I think Sundra mentioned something about Harvard and Yale to illustrate Yul's smarts.

Apparently "not playing the game" is also a form of "playing the game". Sometimes people make it harder on themselves than they have to. Take Jonathan, for instance. Did he really have to mutiny just because Candice did? He had to kiss *** and practically be a slave to get this far when he didn't necessarily have to. Even if he does make it as one of the final two, he's already made too many enemies to have a chance of winning the million bucks. It may not be as entertaining to watch, but flying under the radar isn't a bad strategy if you ask me.

Has anyone played the Survivor Lie Detector game? It's pretty interesting. Here's the link: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivo.../lie_detector/
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Apparently "not playing the game" is also a form of "playing the game". Sometimes people make it harder on themselves than they have to. Take Jonathan, for instance. Did he really have to mutiny just because Candice did? He had to kiss *** and practically be a slave to get this far when he didn't necessarily have to. Even if he does make it as one of the final two, he's already made too many enemies to have a chance of winning the million bucks.

It may not be as entertaining to watch, but flying under the radar isn't a bad strategy if you ask me.
    Flying under the radar = boring television..something I think producers of the show don't want because then, there's really nothing to talk about. Remember Rob & Amber? He was one conniving SOB but it made great tv b/c the way he played the game aroused so much hatred against him...or was that just me?

Johnathan, imo, followed the person he thought he could trust the most and naturally, that would be Candice since they were both part of the Caucasian tribe. He prob figured if he stayed with Aitu, they'd vote him out sooner rather than later. However, I think they would've voted out Ozzy before Johnathan....

Has anyone thought about the girls and their monthly female problems? That must suck is all I have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by flydoll
    Flying under the radar = boring television..something I think producers of the show don't want because then, there's really nothing to talk about. Remember Rob & Amber? He was one conniving SOB but it made great tv b/c the way he played the game aroused so much hatred against him...or was that just me?

Johnathan, imo, followed the person he thought he could trust the most and naturally, that would be Candice since they were both part of the Caucasian tribe. He prob figured if he stayed with Aitu, they'd vote him out sooner rather than later. However, I think they would've voted out Ozzy before Johnathan....
    As I alluded to earlier, I agree that flying under the radar doesn't make for interesting television, but from a player's strategic standpoint, it's not a bad place to be if you can get yourself in that position considering the number one goal is to win the million, not entertain a bunch of people you don't know or care about. It's not like everyone can even fly under the radar if they wanted to. I think the diversity of the player pool and all the different ways the game can be played is what keeps things interesting. If everyone played like Rob or Jonathan, I wouldn't know who to root for and probably wouldn't even have a preference as to who came out the winner.

Jonathan took a big risk and it's worked out for him so far, but in the long run, he's still going to fail miserably. He just chose a harder route to get there.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

From a player's strategic standpoint, Adam should have been voted out last night rather than Jonathan. I mean, who wouldn't want Jonathan in the final 2 if s/he wants the million? Who wins at the end will be much more of a toss-up now, so that'll make things more interesting. I'm really looking forward to next week's episode. It seems that a rift will develop between Ozzy and the original Aitu stronghold.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Last night's episode was actually boring and predictable. Anyway, season finale this Sunday! Any bets on the winner?

...thought so.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Talking Season Finale

It was great to have Yul and Ozzy deservedly in the final three (or really, the final two). Yul was my favorite from the get-go while Ozzy really grew on me throughout the course of the game, so I would have been happy with either of them winning.

In the end, congrats to YUL!!!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Yul - 13th Season Survivor Winner

I honestly wanted Ozzie to win partly because he needed it more than Yul and how he played the game (although Yul played a damn good game as well). However, I have no problem w/ Yul winning, I mean he IS the first Asian winner of Survivor. Kudos to both of them..and Becky I suppose. At least Ozzie won the car!