Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conducting our pan-wuxia STRONGEST WARRIOR poll (everyone participate)

Default Conducting our pan-wuxia STRONGEST WARRIOR poll (everyone participate)

OK, I am taking a survivor game concept to an actual poll, where everyone can only vote ONCE. Although you can change your choice later if you want. This way we can see if the results match up with the game results (which I highly, highly, most compellingly doubt, but we'll see).

Here are some of the possible candidates to get you started, and you are free to choose anyone on the list or not on the list.. Please reply to indicate WHICH ONE YOU REALLY BELIEVE IS THE STRONGEST WARRIOR, THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER, THE MOST OUTSTANDING BADASS IN ALL OF WUXIA.

NOTE: in order to keep this poll under control, we cannot consider barely mentioned ancestor characters such as Murong Longchen, the creator of 6MSJ, the creator of Ode to Gallantry art, Damo, etc. Only count people who appeared in the novel, or if they didn't appear in the novel, they need to be described with a lot of details.

From the Jin Yong canon:

Duan Yu
    Zhang San Feng
    Dong Fang Bu Bai
    Shi Po Tian
    Ah Qing
    Xu Zhu
    Sweeper Monk
    Xiao Yao Elders (any of 3)
    Demonic Swordsman Du Gu Qiu Bai
    Huang Shang
    Central Divinity Wang Chong Yang
    Xiao Feng
    The Yellow-dressed Lady Yang

Out of Gu Long's universe:

Water Matriarch
    Yu Pei Yu
    Dong Guo Xian Sheng
    Shen Lang
    Xiao Yao Hou
    3rd Master Xie Xiao Feng
    Yan Shi San
    Ding Peng
    "Master of the Island" Old Man Gong (Gong Jiu's father)
    Night Emperor Ye Di
    Last edited by PJ; 09-16-06 at 05:53 PM.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

I am at a puzzling stage, trying to decide whether Dongfang Bubai or Little Li Flying Dagger Li Xunhuan is the best. In Dongfang's case, even Xiang Wentian demonstrated more impressive footwork than a Great, so Ren Woxing should be one level above a Great. DFBB was 2 levels above Ren Woxing, which is 3 levels above a Great. I don't think even the Sweeper Monk can do that.

As for Li Xunhuan, he should be one level above Ye Kai, who should be one level above his own disciple. Even this disciple was hinted to be better than Third Master Xie Xiaofeng. So Li Xunhuan could be 3 levels higher than Mr. World Freezer. It would simply be incomprehensible to imagine that anyone could have surpassed this stage in greatnes.

Before I forget, another good candidate is NIGHT EMPEROR Ye Di. Even the Water Matriarch trembled upon hearing such a name, which automatically suggests that Night Emperor Ye Di > Water Matriarch, who was said to be one of the best in the Gu Long universe./ So Night Emperor Ye Di is not to be taken lightly. Or, better yet, he should be taken as anything less than the highest calibre in wuxia.

OHHHHH, I almost forgot. How could I? SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan, I have failed you again. You were explicitly described to have reached the FINEST PEAK OF PERFECTION IN SWORDPLAY!!!!! How can anyone possibly top that? PEAK OF PERFECTION BABY IT IS.

<!-- End of tongue-in-cheek -->

Isn't Water Matriarch ranked higher than Ye Di? Just because you show respect/awe for a strong opponent doesn't necessarily mean that person is better....
    Still searching for my GuGu

yoh, PJ, you're being ironic aren't you? Xiang Wentian didn't perform footwork more impressive than a Great. Jue Yuan performed a footwork that I would call great.

Anyway, the greatest warrior in JY cannon for me goes to the mighty Xiao Feng hands down.
    For GL's cannon, Shen Lang gets the greatest warrior.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

When I say STRONGEST WARRIOR, I meant the HIGHEST LEVEL FIGHTER. Not just who has the most warrior spirit.

So, my vote would be for the Sweeper Monk.

And both of you, please note my indicated sarcasm above.

I nominate my master XLN after I help her power up her inner chi to Great Levels.
    One on one, sorry but no one will be able to penetrate her defense nor can they avoid her attacks, eventually they will fall. Remember L/R Jade Maiden/Quan Zhan Swordplay has no openings (perfect defense) plus a hypnotic effect and lightning speed where the moves are invisible to the naked eye.

To give you an idea how fast her moves are: In one single sound of weapons' clash, although it sounded like one stance in reality it was 40 stances. That would mean if her opponent trade against her and blocks her one move, she could hit them 39 times before they even know what happen. Also her attacks are of decent range, she literally can slash mulitiple opponents at the same instance. So against one foe, she could slash them in the front, back, both sides, top, bottom, all at the same time. So in a close quarter fight with little room to run, I doubt anyone can survive. Even if her opponent's inner power is superior, it wouldn't matter when their limbs are on the floor.

Nevertheless, XLN would not win this title because she doesn't care to enter this barbaric contest.
    Last edited by Yeung Gor; 09-16-06 at 07:01 PM.

LOL, PJ you always turn the most serious of threads into jokes. Now look at what you have done. YG is back with more of his XLN tales......*eep*
    Still searching for my GuGu

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    When I say STRONGEST WARRIOR, I meant the HIGHEST LEVEL FIGHTER. Not just who has the most warrior spirit.

So, my vote would be for the Sweeper Monk.

And both of you, please note my indicated sarcasm above.
    Oh..... c'mon. If it's the HIGHEST LEVEL FIGHTER, Sweeper Monk is without question the strongest.

If it's the STRONGEST WARRIOR, then it's XF.

Highest level fighter IMO does not equal to STRONGEST WARRIOR. A higher level fighter can have better arts and therefore surpass the strongest warrior. But as in the strongest warrior, it he/she had gotten the same arts as the highest level fighter, then the strongest warrior would be the new highest level fighter.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚

Zhang Sanfeng. The few times he actually did something, he did it perfectly.

There's also Wuyazi. Overcoming vainglorious authorial descriptions without vainglorious authorial descriptions. He is the Xiao Yao Sect Leader and XYP is amazingly bad***.

Ultimately I would vote for Sweeper Monk though, although he is such an unknown quantity. Maybe he's 2 levels above XF and maybe he's a Pusa.

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey
    Zhang Sanfeng. The few times he actually did something, he did it perfectly.

There's also Wuyazi. Overcoming vainglorious authorial descriptions without vainglorious authorial descriptions. He is the Xiao Yao Sect Leader and XYP is amazingly bad***.

Ultimately I would vote for Sweeper Monk though, although he is such an unknown quantity. Maybe he's 2 levels above XF and maybe he's a Pusa.
    We need to get the definitions straight.
    I would say:
    The Greatest MARTIAL ARTIST: Zhang San Feng
    The HIGHEST LEVEL FIGHTER: Sweeper Monk
    The STRONGEST WARRIOR: Xiao Feng

Duan Yu and Xu Zhu has the highest potential. Xu Zhu at the end of TLBB is probably the strongest fighter because of his crazy *** internal energy, he has the skill from learning martial art and the enegy to carry it. not only that he has range attack too.

Duan Yu is the same as Xu Zhu, high lvl of energy, crazy *** skill. good range attack... and good dodging skill....

Besides all that, both these guys can suck people's energy, so trying to get in close contact with them is like digging your own grave, and as far as range attack, i don't think u wanna go fight who can shoot faster with Duan Yu. lol.

basically the TTBB time has the best fighter in all YJ novels because they are the earliest... and out of that group, XF was rank best in the begining but toward the end both Duan Yu and Xu Zhu became better than him through luck...

OK, greatest martial artist, Z3F. Highest level fighter, Sweeperman.

But as for strongest warrior, that's not necessarily Xiao Feng. But first you must define what strongest warrior means, since Xu Zhu is stronger in a war than XF. Perhaps it's better to say that for a given amount of inner power x and techniques of a given level y, that Xiao Feng would be the most effective. So XF(x,y) would be better than GJ(x,y) or WXB(x,y).

However, personally I'm inclined to be a XYP fanboy and say that Wuyazi could take XF

my defitnition of warrior is one who can fight the best and perform the most out of his art. One who never gives up.
    And personally, I think XF tops out.

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    Oh..... c'mon. If it's the HIGHEST LEVEL FIGHTER, Sweeper Monk is without question the strongest.
    I am sure a lot of people would disagree with you. Surely a few people would vouch for DFBB, Dugu Qiubai, Zhang Sanfeng, Old Man Gong, Dongguo Xiansheng, and Xiaoyao "Turn the universe upside down" Hou.

STRONGESET WARRIOR should be interpreted as simply THE PERSON WITH THE HIGHEST MARTIAL ARTS LEVEL BOTH THEORETICALLY AND PRACTICALLY.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    I am sure a lot of people would disagree with you. Surely a few people would vouch for DFBB, Dugu Qiubai, Zhang Sanfeng, Old Man Gong, Dongguo Xiansheng, and Xiaoyao "Turn the universe upside down" Hou.

STRONGESET WARRIOR should be interpreted as simply THE PERSON WITH THE HIGHEST MARTIAL ARTS LEVEL BOTH THEORETICALLY AND PRACTICALLY.
    If you're including GL's universe, I may have to be more desciding.

However, if it's only JY universe as the HIGHEST LEVEL FIGHTER, then I'm leaning toward Sweeper Monk. DFBB may be quick, but I just can't imagine how he can possibly beat Sweeper's CHI FORCE. I personally think DGQB is about SPT level where they achieved formlessness to the highest level. Zhang San Feng cannot beat Sweeper Monk, even though Z3F does have the highest knowledge of martial arts and that is why I gave him the name of the GREATEST MARTIAL ARTIST.

Ah, so we have different interpretations of strongest warrior. If that's your interpretation of strongest warrior, then I'll leave it at that.

I select Dongfang Bubai.

Up to now, the characters considered the strongest warrior are: Sweeper Monk, Du Gu Qiu Bai, Duan Yu, Xu Zhu and Xiao Feng.

What will hapen when DFBB fight with those above characters?:

1. DFBB vs Sweeper Monk: Speed of DFBB is so fast that Sweeper Monk can't even touch his sleeves, and the vital acupoints of Sweeper Monk will be thrusted by DFBB's needles or sword. At that time, no matter how strong the inner energy of S Monk is, he will be killed.

2. DFBB vs DYu, XZhu: Although DY and Xu Zhu both have great level of inner energy, besides, they can absorb enemies' inner energy too, but DFBB will still be victorious. Thank to his super-speed, DFBB cannot be hit by 6 Pulse Divine Sword and Xiao Yao School's elite skills, he will thrust the vital acupoints of DY and X Zhu. Additionally, Bei Ming Shen Gong is possibly useless in absorbing the inner energy of a person who has high level in Kung Fu such as DFBB. As we know, in Smiling Proud Wanderer, Art of Absorbing Essence had no effect on Fang Zheng, Zuo Leng Chan.

3. DFBB vs Xiao Feng: it's too easy for him to kill Xiao Feng.

4. DFBB vs DGQBai: this fight is the hardest to predict. In the light, I think this fight will come to a draw. But if it happens in darkness, DGQBai will not be able to see the moves of DFBB and will lose.
    Last edited by RongYingMin; 09-16-06 at 11:21 PM.

I completely disagree with that. Neither Sweeper Monk or Xu Zhu would be injured at all by DFBB's attacks. And Sweeper Monk is like Buddha, fast or slow means nothing to him.

Xu Zhu at one point was able to go so fast that people he passed only felt a flash of light, they did not realize a person had just gone by.

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey
    I completely disagree with that. Neither Sweeper Monk or Xu Zhu would be injured at all by DFBB's attacks. And Sweeper Monk is like Buddha, fast or slow means nothing to him.

Xu Zhu at one point was able to go so fast that people he passed only felt a flash of light, they did not realize a person had just gone by.
    Why does fast or slow mean nothing? In a fight, the faster your speed is, the more your chance of winning is. Sweeper Monk can't be as fast as DFBB, so he will lose.

As for Xu Zhu, although he is also very fast but I think he can't reach the speed level of DFBB. Xu Zhu was only fast in the ordinary warriors' eyes, top-classed warriors such as Xiao Feng, Duan Yu, etc. still could see his moves.
    As for DFBB, even Ren Woxing, Linghu Chong and Xiang Wentian couldn't see how he attacked them.

First Sweeper has the ultimate CHI WALL that can't be penetrated(unless he drops it).

And next LHC, RWX, XWT does people are below XF and DY level.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeung Gor
    Nevertheless, XLN would not win this title because she doesn't care to enter this barbaric contest.
    Aw, shucks...really? What a coincidence: there were no plans to invite her.