Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Weight in the Acting Industry

Default Weight in the Acting Industry

There's been so much criticism about celebrities, particularly females, being too thin...and I just kind of wanted to start this topic. I know it's been kind of overdiscussed, and sorry if someone already had one similar to this.

Basically, when you think about it, let's say an actress is a bit chubby, or even average (after all, camera adds 10 pounds hehe). Then everyone is going to call them fat. Then, if they decide to start losing weight, there's more negative comments about their weight loss.

So, what do you all think is the IDEAL weight then? What weight is going to make you say, "Yeah, they're fine. They're attractive but healthy."

Finally, one more question about weight...do you think actresses report the truth about their weights?
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

their weight is their business, i think.
    actresses just needs to be secure with themselves not to be affected by anybody. after all you cannot please everybody.
    The problem with the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://66.7.192.165/banners/full_banner2.jpg'), '')

I remember back in the early days of Friends, when J Anniston was called "fat." To me that is crazy. Soon after that she got all tan and skinny.

My definition of fat is, if you have rolls of fat in your belly when you stand up. THAT is fat. Otherwise, it's not fat. To test if you fit this definition or not, see if you can hold a quarter on your belly when you stand up straight normally. If you can, then you are fat.
    This account is retired.

I am all okay with an actress being skinny (well-tone) because they need to look good on the screen. However, being all bones and skin are really gross. I just saw that actress of 24 on Jimmy Kimmel, and her face is bigger than her body. She was wearing a dress that showed a lot of her neck area and all you could see were skin and collar bones. No meat at all. Eww...

Are there any HK actresses that you would consider to be anorexic? I know that Cecilia Cheung looks like one. She is really pretty though.

My mom thinks that the skinnier u are the prettier actually coz she sees all these celebrities on tv and they're alll skinny but their face isstill pretty.

I miss women who had actual curves. Who decided that beauty = looking like famine victims?

what's funny is...in thailand...they actually pay women to gain weight.

[ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

heheh...wow! that's just funny...is there alot of skinny peoples in thailand???
    loving [BOSCO WONG!!!] + Prince@BBT *muah!

Fav actoR: bosco wong, prince
    Fav actresseS: LYF, Bernice Liu
    SingerS: Lollipop, vincent wong

currently watching: WOIL2, Ultimate Crime Fighter

i heard that they will replace thin MODELS
    i can always make you smile!!!

beats me, i'm not from thailand.
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

I seriously cannot stand Victoria Beckham. She looks like a goddamned lollipop on heels. Eat some meat!
    History repeats itself. Historians simply repeat each other.

In MSN news today they reported the death of a Brazilian Model who died of complications from anorexia.

I don't understand why they wan to be skinny. Though it's best to lose weight when you are fat, but why lose weight when you dun need to...

Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar

yep - and they even think tat skinny women are sexy....tat's so stupid.
    for instance keira knightly - i like her alot but man - she's too skinny till i feel she's no longer pretty or sexy - yet those magazines n press always vote her as one of the sexiest actress.
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

No need to be too skinny... Just need to have a great figure and... a flat stomach...

Nicole Kidman is also too skinny I think.

I read somewhere that Nicole Kidman wore a corset to get her waist down to 19 inches...she's 5'11" or something!! Now, while I think Nicole is a great actress (loved her in Moulin Rouge and The Hours) and has that...sophisticated feel to her, she doesn't need to be so underweight. I mean, I'm like way shorter than her and my waist is already at least 22 inches.

However, I think it's kind of ironic that when an actress is normal or a little up there, people say they're too fat, but when they try to lose weight, the same people start calling them anorexic.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    I read somewhere that Nicole Kidman wore a corset to get her waist down to 19 inches...she's 5'11" or something!! Now, while I think Nicole is a great actress (loved her in Moulin Rouge and The Hours) and has that...sophisticated feel to her, she doesn't need to be so underweight. I mean, I'm like way shorter than her and my waist is already at least 22 inches.

However, I think it's kind of ironic that when an actress is normal or a little up there, people say they're too fat, but when they try to lose weight, the same people start calling them anorexic.
    How can an adult's waist be 19 inches? She must've been really sucking in air.

22 is a small waist as is.

Damn here I am going to the gym to put on weight, and these people can't lose their weight fast enough. LOL
    This account is retired.

what? some ppl here has 22 inches waist??? *runs away in shame*
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by moonlight-sonata
    I seriously cannot stand Victoria Beckham. She looks like a goddamned lollipop on heels. Eat some meat!
    She is one of those people that I think is really lucky to have so much money but I seroiusly wonder about her values in life.